Author Topic: New friends, new allies  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
New friends, new allies
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »
 Five years ago, when I was training to be a wrestler, if you had told me that I would be in the same stable as not one, not two but several champions and former champions because their leader thought I had potential, I would’ve laughed my ass off.

I mean yeah, I know older wrestlers see a lot of potential in me but back then I was far more interested in making up for past mistakes through wrestling, but now look at me, sure I’m 2 and 0 in the win/loss department but I can thank my smug bitch of a tag team partner for that, last I heard she was sulking in her cabin somewhere and that suits me just fine, the further away I am from her the happier I am.

So where am I exactly? Well I’m still on the Summer XXXTreme cruise ship, everyone is really the cruise doesn’t end until tomorrow, and Christian and Mark are throwing a post Supercard party on the deck bellow me for fans and wrestlers alike, I’d be down there except I’m not really a social events kind of person and growing up in foster care did not help that fact one bit, right now I’m just resting my arms on the railing and admiring the view.

“Ah, there you are.” I heard a familiar voice ring out and I turned around to see Odette standing there. “I would’ve thought you’d be downstairs with the others.”

“I would be if I were a Social Events kind of person.” I sighed as I turned to the new Bombshell Champ; it was a casual wear party so most of the wrestlers had thrown on their outfits for it. “Truth is I’m not though, growing up in foster care didn’t exactly help.”

“I can imagine.” The Australian Bombshell said sympathetically as she approached me. “You sure you don’t want to hang out with your new stable-mates though?”

“Yeah that’s the other thing, I couldn’t be happier to be in NXT don’t get me wrong but next to all those champs and former champs I can’t help but feel just a bit intimidated.” I said honestly and Odette smiled at my honesty. “Congrats on winning the Bombshell Championship by the way, at least it didn’t end on interference this time.”

“Thanks and I couldn’t agree more.” Odette said with a grin before noticing my earphones. “What you listening too?”

“My new theme song, Redemption’s a great song but I never intended it to be a permanent theme.” I said with a shrug before showing her my IPod which showed the Hatebreed song “In Ashes They Shall Reap. “Personally I think this fits me a lot better.”

“I’ll have to give it a listen.” Odette said before motioning me to come with her. “Come on, your new stablemates won’t bite; besides this may help with your social events problem.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right, besides it’s not like I can hijack the DJ Booth again since they put it on a raised platform.” I said with a shrug and Odette grinned.

“Honestly if it was up to me you’d be the DJ for the party, the current one’s crap.” Odette said with a smirk and I laughed at that, I followed her down to the party and saw many of the wrestlers either chatting among themselves or with the fans, most noticeable was Matthew Kennedy and Marty McFarge and not because they were checking out the Bombshells, Marty was making no secret of that fact as usual, but it was the fact that they were talking in hushed voices and anyone who saw their seg knew why.

“Whoever let Burnside onto the boat is probably fired from his next five jobs.” I whispered to Odette who shuddered.

“I think your being a bit generous.” Odette said before shaking her head, I followed her to where the other members of NXT where hanging out as were my four siblings. “I found her guys.”

“Excellent.” Spike said with a grin before inviting me to take a seat. “No need to explain yourself, your siblings told us how awkward you are at parties.”

“It’s fine, I’m honestly still getting over the shock that you’d even consider me for this group but I’m glad I accepted.” I said honestly and Casey turned to me.

"Hey Jessie, I am glad you joined the New XTremes.” Casey greeted me with a smile which I returned.  “I know what it is like to see people like you struggle with their demons.  My first tag team partner here in SCW was a big alcoholic, and he was stubborn and wouldn't let me help him get on the straight and narrow.  I hope that you will let us in NXT, as well as Jake and Katie, help you stay clean." Casey added and I nodded.

“Yeah, I’ve seen that happen a few times since I became a wrestler myself.” I said with a frown before shaking my head. “Let’s change the subject before things get too depressing.”

“Yeah, that does sound like a good idea.” Casey agreed before motioning to Spike. "Since I joined forces with Spike, I have had a whole lot of success, winning the Tag Team titles and the Roulette Championship.  He sees potential in you like he saw in me, granted we have different styles, but he sees championship material in you like he did in me."

“Thanks, I appreciate that.” I said before grinning as Craig affectionately ruffled up my hair.

“Look at that Johnny, our baby sis is finally moving up in the world.” Craig said with a grin and I shot him a mock glare. “Seriously though it’s been a rough road but with any luck it should be all uphill from here for you Jess, I’m happy for ya.”

“Thanks Craig.” I said with a grin before ordering a non-alcoholic drink, it was then that I noticed that Jake and Vixen where having a long, involved conversation. “Chatting up my stablemates already Jake?” I asked with a grin and he turned to me.

“Nah not really, it just that once we found out that we’re both ex-armed forces we just kept talking and talking about it.” Jake said as he took a sip off his drink. “I don’t know about you Jess but I have a great feeling that this is going to do wonders for your career.”

“Couldn’t agree more.” I replied as the waiter brought over my drink.

“Yeah, well, take my advice Jess; just don’t expect something big to happen straight away, potential or no potential.” Vixen said as she drank her drink. “As a member of this group I’ve been overlooked but with my win tonight that’s going to change.” Vixen said determinedly and I nodded. “You’ll get out of your current rut at some point, even if your team was doomed from the start.”

“Tell me about it, it was fun to punch Evangelista though.” I added and the NXT members laughed, Aleksei turned to me with a smirk.

“Sounds like you’ll have no trouble fitting in with NXT after all, not to mention the Party Hoarde.” Aleksei added and I turned to him. “Johnny mentioned that you where the Queen of pranks growing up?”

“Oh god, that!” I said with a laugh as I took a sip. “I’m still a bit of a prankster but considering that Katie was for the longest time the only person I could prank without getting my ass kicked I got old pretty quickly.”

“She’s not lying about that.” Katie confirmed and Aleksei smirked at that. “Speaking of the hoarde where are Giani and Jamie?”

“I don’t know; they ran off a while back to pull some pranks on people.” Spike shrugged his shoulders and Katie looked at him surprised. "Without sounding insensitive to your sister's situation he doesn't need my constant supervision, he may act like it but he doesn't, anyway enough of this, I propose a toast, to our new members, our new champions and to the future!” Spike raised his glass and we all did likewise with our glasses meeting in the middle, being the shortest I had the most difficulty but I got there in the end.