Author Topic: Gauntlet Match  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Frost

• View Profile
    • Lucian Frost
Gauntlet Match
« on: July 14, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »
 The National Wrestling Alliance has been the longest recognised professional organisation in the world today, showcasing some phenomenal and naturally talented wrestlers who value the traditions of the industry, it’s territories have been few and far between from the legendary Acadian Wrestling to short lived associations like Simcoe County Championship Wrestling. Since late two thousand and eleven there has been one promotion that’s caused the very foundations of the NWA to quiver, Sin City Wrestling, based in Nevada and running a weekly show for the sell out crowds with tours planned in the near future. Sin City Wrestling has given the Alliance many great battles and headlines throughout two thousand and twelve, the emergence of Spike Staggs challenging for the World’s Heavyweight Championship, Misty becoming the first and dominating champion of the Cruiserweight division, controversy with Weapon X and Viper joining its ranks from their shamed departure from the Internet Championship Wrestling. One thing is for sure, Sin City Wrestling has been shown to be a valued asset and continues to be with the lead up to Lord of the Rings supercard, Casey Williams showing why he’s a rising star in the industry, Spike Staggs challenging once again for the World Championship and the Cruiserweight Gauntlet featuring many of SCW’s former champions.

Kittie has been an amazing bombshell since the birth of Sin City Wrestling, Capturing the Bombshell Championship as well as being the reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion, the one thing that seems to hang over the young women’s head. The replication of trying to do something Misty has already done, Misty was the inaugural Bombshell Champion as well as the NWA Cruiserweight Champion, she’d want to outdo her fierce rival in any way she can. When Matthew Kennedy joined the ranks of Sin City Wrestling, his main achievement was to win the Roulette Championship and he finally achieved that a few months into his career, his focus is still on the Roulette Champion Casey Williams but that doesn’t deter of how deadly a wrestler he is. The one person who prevented Matthew Kennedy in capturing the Roulette Championship, the last man who debuted the same time as himself and went on to become the inaugural champion, the person who was defeated by the eventual NWA Cruiserweight Champion all those months ago. Lucian Frost.

Sin City Wrestling is represented by three highly rated, highly talented stars looking to claim the contendership for the Cruiserweight Championship but there is three other stars looking to prevent SCW challenging for that championship again. A man simply known as D.V.D, the Puerto Rico Association Cup Winner and looking to bring NWA success for the Xtreme Fusion faction, with his faction mate Limp also involved in the contest and looking to achieve an Xtreme Fusion win. The last man involved is someone who’s encapsulated the National Wrestling Alliance for the past few years, the man who’s reign as World Heavyweight Champion will be remembered for years to come, a man who captured the World Tag Team titles earlier this year, now looking to be the first man in a long time to capture the top championship at a different weight class, Magnum Randell. Although many eyes will be on the championship encounters later on in the show, the potential show-stealer is the Cruiserweight Gauntlet Match and Lucian Frost, for one, hopes to leave San Juan as its Lord of the Ring.

All these thoughts keep running through the mind of the former Roulette Champion, sitting on a cold hard chair in a dark room, he knows if he can pull out all the stops he could potentially be the new contender for the cruiserweight championship. Lucian places one of his gloved hands on his masked face, feeling the top of his forehead with the palm of his hand after taking a hefty move at the last Climax Control, Lucian leans back and just gazes around at his surroundings. The wallpaper pealing in the corners of the room, the dirty bed that seems to be crawling in bed bugs and the floor that hasn’t seen the light of day, or the end of a hover, in a very long time. He cannot afford the luxuries that some wrestlers get, staying in top five star hotels or living in big mansions, Lucian makes do with the simple things in life and this grotty room is all he can afford before travelling to the sun filled Puerto Rico. There is a knock at the door which takes the enigmatic wrestler by surprise, getting up from his chair with caution to walk slowly towards the door; every step seems to make the floorboards squeak louder before reaching the door. He peers through the eyehole to see a man he had not seen before, he is about to ignore it when the voice outside calls his name out, tilting his head slightly as he turns the handle and opens the door to the stranger.

Wearing what looks like a designer suit with his white hair gelled back, the aroma of his strong aftershave almost makes Lucian sneeze, the man doesn’t wait to be invited in as he barges by the masked man. Lucian spins around to see that he brushes his finger along the side of the dresser, seeing the accumulated dust before shaking his head in disapproval; Frost pushes the door with force as it slams shut. The suit wearing man glances up at Lucian and smiles, about to sit down in the chair Lucian had come from but the look of disgust is evident to see. “I see you’ve made yourself at home in this fine establishment!” he chuckles to himself. “I bet you’re wondering what I am doing here”

Lucian tilts his head in curiosity before answering “You could say that!”. The man pulls out a card and hands it over to Lucian, he glances at it to see the name written on it is ‘Carlos Duquesne’.  Lucian looks back at the man, who finally has a name, wondering if he was about to say something but all he is interested in is dissecting the state of the room. “Carlos Duquesne, is that meant to mean anything to me?”

Carlos smiles “Not right now but I could be in the near future” Carlos pulls out a handkerchief and begins to rub his fingers “I am a sports agent, a mighty fine one at that, I use to represent heavyweight champions in the SCCW, use to run a show for the COPW as well as a wrestling promotion in Dayton, Ohio. I was formidable in two thousand and four guiding a young upstart to the finals of the National Wrestling Alliance Heritage Championship!” Carlos places the handkerchief back into his breast pocket. “One of my clients is currently in the SCW, someone who you’ve already met.. Miss Evangelista”

A flashback to an incident a few weeks back involving the new bombshell, having been lured into a trap and being smashed over the head and left for dead in a burning building, the smoke inhalation caused the young man to be hospitalised for several days before being cleared to wrestle by doctors prior to Climax Control. Lucian is not sure why Miss Evangelista had targeted him, with the non-inter-gender matches rule being enforced by SCW officials, but when Frost gets a hold of her there will be trouble.

“I know of her” Lucian says through gritted teeth “doesn’t explain why you are here?” Lucian brushes past Carlos and sits down on the chair; Carlos walks over and peers through the blinds before gazing upon the masked man before him. “As I previously said, I lead a young star of the Simcoe County Championship Wrestling to great heights within the National Wrestling Alliance, this was before Chris Champion and Myke Adams” Carlos crosses his arms “And I want to represent you in helping you get to the promise land of the Cruiserweight Championship!”

“I do not need your help” Lucian snaps back “I don’t need anyones help in my quest, only one person is to blame for my downfall, if that is what it is, and that is myself. Thanks for your offer but you know where the door is!”

Carlos smiles “I thought you’d might be hard to persuade, I’m sure if I made the same offer to Mister Randell he’d appreciate the effort I’d do for him as he creates history!”

“Magnus Randell became World Heavyweight Champion by himself, he captured the World Tag Team Championships with the aid of his partner, he doesn’t need an elderly gentleman passing on his knowledge to succeed. He’s done it before and he’ll continue to do so after.” Lucian takes a moment to eye the man before him. “You’ve made your proposition now I think it’s time for you to take your leave.”

“If you ever reconsider then please call my cell it’s at the bottom of the card” Carlos brushes his shoulders. “One other thing” He says as Carlos heads to the door. “Miss Evangelista wants you to have this!” Carlos pulls an envelope out of his jacket pocket and drops it onto the bed. “I’m sure you’ll be ringing that number sooner than you’d like to think” Carlos heads out of the door, looking over his shoulder with a sly smile on his face, he then shuts the door behind him leaving Lucian staring at the envelope on the bed.

This could answer the question as to why she’s attack him, perhaps it would be another way to entice him into another trap, the last thing Lucian needs is to be injured before the gauntlet. Lucian leans across the bed and snatches the envelope in his gloved hand, readjusting himself in his seat, glaring at the envelope with wonder. Then it all came back to him, the chance to bring the NWA Cruiserweight Champion to Nevada and battle to become the second SCW star to hold the illustrious Championship. Although he’d like the question answered as to why he was attacked, that could wait with Lord of the Rings just a mere week away. Lucian folds the envelope up and sides it into his boot for safe keeping. Lucian looks into the camera with half of his mask engulfed in shadow as he begins to talk.

“ Voltaire said ‘Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd’ I could be saying stuff like I’m going to win this match, i’m going to do this and that, but I cannot be certain of this at all. That could lead to doubt, doubting I’d be able to defeat the people before me but that isn’t the case at all. The one thing that will be known is that I am going to be at Lord of the Rings representing the SCW, with pride and honour, and I will not let them down when I step through the ropes preparing for the chance to fight a champion. Magnum Randell is so sure of his destiny, saying he will be champion, he will beat your ass, that he’s the greatest wrestler of all time.. Winston Churchill said it best that ‘It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time’ he’s seeing the final ending of him being champion, but he has to defeat five other people to achieve the chance and although he’s captured some of the big titles in the NWA, you’re facing some of the stars of the future. Perhaps the ‘greatest wrestler of all time’ torch is being passed along slowly and he cannot see this. His Dynasty and legacy has already been written in stone, everyone else’s is being carved and at Lord of the Rings, Randell will hopefully see the uprising of the future and see that his certainty is definitely absurd.”

“Matthew Kennedy and I have shared an entangled history, from the beginning to now, we’ve had some amazing battles that look to continue here in the National Wrestling Alliance. You have put up a great fight but if you look back at our encounters, only one person’s name is written as being the victor on each of those occasions, my name. Means nothing when it comes to this gauntlet, if we do face each other then you could see those defeats, your SCW debut back in January was lost to myself, your first SCW Championship match was a defeat to myself, your rematch was a defeat to me.. our rekindled history ended up with you being defeated at my hands once more! They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but Mahatma Gandhi said An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Perhaps the chance to get that all important victory over me won’t cause your blood to boil, perhaps the chance of retribution will be ‘cancelled’ or perhaps the chance of us facing one another won’t happen. Whatever the scenario, Matthew Kennedy, I will be prepared for the arsenal you will bring and let’s make sure the SCW represents ourselves with pride at Lord of the Rings”

“I wish I could say stuff about Kittie, DVD and Limp, but I cannot say much about them as I do not know much about them. Misty has been touring with the National Wrestling Alliance as it’s Cruiserweight Champion, she is the most decorated bombshell in the SCW, and the only person that comes close to that is Kittie.  Just seems like you are living in the shadow of Misty, you have won the bombshell roulette championship which she hasn’t but she won the cruiserweight belt, she’s held the Bombshell title on two separate occasions, more people talk about Misty than they do Kittie. That must frustrate you since you’re a talented female wrestler too, your chance to defeat a former world heavyweight champion, two roulette champions and two of PRA’s top stars would set you up nicely for the chance to step out of Misty Shadow. Well chance to achieve what Misty has already done.. but who am I to judge. Our paths could possibly cross in this gauntlet and if they do then I look forward to testing my skills against you, Kittie, as well as DVD and Limp”

“I know I have had my chances in the past to achieve the mantel of Cruiserweight Champion and I haven’t really shown my true potential, but this is my opportunity to put that right, to make sure that I can show the NWA that Lucian Frost can be one for the future. If I capture the victory at Lord of the Rings then it will be one step closer to achieving something special, but nothing can take away the huge hurdle before all of us, I cannot wait for the challenge but let’s hope the people who do not know me does not underestimate me. People have made that mistake before, mainly Matthew Kennedy, and they’ve been punished in the ring. Sin City Wrestling will be showcased in three matches, let us see if three SCW stars can be victorious on this special night!”

Lucian Frost gets up from the chair and walks over to the window, peering out to the airport nearby; he had heard the loud noises early from planes taking off with windows shaking vigorously. In a few hours he would be in a country he has never been in before, getting acclimatized and prepared in the best way possible for the super-show. Lucian sits back on the bed and lies down, placing his hands on his chest and stares up at the stained ceiling, he’d knows this isn’t a position he’d like to find himself in at the show but hopefully he’ll be able to make a statement to the other cruiserweights of the true threat he possesses.
>
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / J o s h u a   A c q u i n  |  5 6  d a y s )
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / J o n  D o u g h  |  5 6  d a y s )
T a g  T e a m  C h a m p i o n ( w / K a i n |  9 1  d a y s)
R o u l e t t e  C h a m p i o n ( I n a u g u r a l  |  4 9  d a y s )
W T F / H o l y  S h i t  M o m e n t  O f  T h e  Y e a r  2 0 1 4