Author Topic: Are you having a bloody laugh?!  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Lizzie Short

• View Profile
    • "The Prodigy" Lizzie Short
Are you having a bloody laugh?!
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:02:24 PM »
 Matthew had a bad weekend this past weekend losing his ACW Debut Match to Scott King and losing the tag team match on the last, Bombshell filled addition of Climax Control though in the case of the latter it could be argued that Matthew was happy with the loss as his tag team partner, “Wrestling’s Bad Boy” Matt Barnes, was the one who got pinned and they didn’t exactly get along throughout the match.

However Matthew now had a big opportunity ahead of him, PRA was hosting the latest NWA Event Lords of the Ring and several SCW Stars such as himself where competing, Casey Williams was defending the SCW Roulette Championship against Aleksei Koji, Spike Staggs had a rematch for the NWA Championship against Jack Kraven in a Steel Cage Match and he, Kittie and Lucian Frost where competing in the opening match, a Cruiserweight Gauntlet where the winner would get a shot at the Cruiserweight Title in his/her home promotion, the other competitors being Magnum Randall from BACW, DVD and Limp from PRA, this was a big opportunity for everyone involved but Matthew would be out of his element here as he isn’t so much a High Flyer as he is a Power/Technical Wrestler.

Matthew’s hotel room, Malibu California
July 10, 2012, 11:00am

MM: So you’ll be wrestling in Puerto Rico later on this month, correct?

I nod my head at Marty as he goes through some legal documents; I had received word of my upcoming appearance at the next NWA Event which was being hosted by Puerto Rico Association or PRA, another NWA Affiliate, during the lead up to my recent tag team match where I teamed up with Wrestling’s Bad Boy Matt Barnes to take on Lucian Frost and Aleksei Koji, I may have lost that match but considering how much I hated my joke of a tag team partner I’ll let this one slide.

MK: Yes, I will be competing in the Cruiserweight Showcase match that will open the show, I will be competing against Magnum Randall from BACW, yes the same BACW that hosted that Deathmatch tournament, fellow SCW Competitors Kitie and Lucian Frost and Limp and DVD who will be representing the PRA itself, undoubtedly the crowd over there will be firmly supporting their hometown boys.

MM: No doubt about that, I’m guessing since you’re not in action this week on Climax Control you decided to use the promo time you had booked under the assumption that you were going to be competing at Climax Control to instead promote your participation in this Cruiserweight Gauntlet, whilst Casey Williams is defending the Roulette Championship against Aleksei Koji.

MK: Yes the man whose mere presence in the Triple Threat Match that served as my second and last title defense cost me my title is getting the next shot at Williams whilst I’m stuck competing in a match that I’m out of my element in, this and the fact that I somehow managed to drop some the World Championship Rankings to the Cruiserweight Championship rankings in the space of a month leads me to believe that someone in the NWA higher-ups hates my guts.

MM: Oh come on Matt, it’s not that bad!

MK: First off that’s Matthew too you, second I’m not a high flyer, I’m a bloody power and technical wrestler!

Marty shook his head as he set the documents aside.

MM: Okay I’ll admit, on paper things don’t look great for you going into this match, but your much better than every single one of those so called wrestlers in your match, they’re practically cannon fodder!

MK: Marty, besides Frost, Kittie and myself have you seen any of the wrestlers compete before?

MM: Err, no, why do you ask?

I shake my head.

MK: Just as I thought, now please leave me be, I have a promo to do!

Marty stands up and leaves the room, I sigh before pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance and I turned to the camera.

MK: It seems that I, once again, have been called upon to represent SCW in a NWA Sanctioned Match, later on this month I will face BACW’S Magnum Randall, the team of DVD and Limp who will be representing the fed that is hosting the event in question PRA and fellow SCW competitors Lucian Frost and Kittie in a Cruiserweight Showcase Gauntlet match where the winner will get a shot at the Cruiserweight Championship in his or her home promotion, in my case Sin City Wrestling……or Atlantic Championship Wrestling if they are still around by the time of the show, obviously this is a big opportunity for everyone involved but there’s just one problem regarding the match for me, I’m not a cruiserweight wrestler!

This is going to take some elaboration, isn’t it?

MK: Anyone who’s actually seen me wrestle knows that I rely on Power and Technical moves rather than taking to the skies, that fact has served me extremely well in my career so far, so how the bloody hell do you expect me to keep up with five wrestlers who are clearly accustomed to this style?! You know what? I won’t, I’ll let each of my opponents tire themselves out and when it’s my turn in the Gauntlet I will win the match and go on to win my first NWA Championship!

Well let’s get started, shall we?

MK: First up on the proverbial chopping block is my fellow SCW Competitors Lucian Frost and Kittie but since I have the most history with Frost I shall start with him, Frost our battles go back as far as my humble beginnings in SCW and they were reborn anew this past week on Climax Control when we faced off against each other in a tag team match and once again it seems that we may do battle in this Gauntlet Match and if we do end up facing one another in this gauntlet you will be beaten by me in this match.

Now that one of my oldest foes in SCW has been addressed I shall move on to the only woman in this match Kittie.

MK: I’ll be the first to admit, my interactions with Kittie have been limited at best, but her résumé speaks for its self doesn’t it? She’s the reigning SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion and a former Bombshell Champion and whilst it could be argued that she is in a similar situation to me being more of a technical wrestler than a high flyer it won’t matter when I face her in the Gauntlet I will beat her.

And now for me to address the hometown boys DVD and Limp, I can’t believe a wrestling organization use wrestlers with those names.

MK: Will I have to speak in Spanish for this next part? Oh who cares, I don’t know a word of the Spanish Language anyway! Yes, in case you can’t tell I am talking about the hometown boys DVD and Limp next, under normal circumstances I’d address these two men separately but seeing as how they team up under the name Xtreme Fusion which sounds less like a Tag Team Name and more like an early 90s comic by Rob Liefeld, gentlemen and I use that term loosely, whether or not you need a Spanish translator for my promo is off no consequence to me because I will beat the both of you!

And finally we have reached BACW’s Magnum Randall.

MK: Last but not least is the man, who I consider to be the most dangerous in this match besides myself, “The Heartthrob” Magnum Randall who will be representing BACW in this match, I believe this man’s accomplishments speak for themselves, four time AFC Hardcore Champion, one time AFC World Heavyweight Champion, one time EWF World Heavyweight Champion, one time EWC Elite Champion, one time DSW Hardcore Champion, I could go on but I may use up all of my remaining promo time listing this man’s accomplishments but obviously he is looking to add to his extensive list of accomplishments by winning this match but he has one obstacle standing in his way and you’re looking at him, I can guarantee you that Magnum Randall has not faced a man as dangerous in the ring as yours truly and I will win this match.

I grinned broadly.

MK: I may be out of my element in this match but Magnum, Limp, DVD, Frost and Kittie will be defeated regardless, out of those five competitors only two of them know what I am capable off and only one of them has faced me before and they are Lucian Frost and Kittie with Lucian being the only one who’s faced me before and Kittie only knows what I’m capable of by virtue of being a fellow SCW Competitor, this will work to your disadvantage however because I will have the element of surprise on my side and that element will carry me all the way to victory!

And with that I will wrap things up.

MK: I may not be the one who’s competing for the SCW Roulette Championship but this is the next best thing! When I win this match I will earn an opportunity for the Cruiserweight Championship in my home promotion of Sin City Wrestling and from there I will go on to win the championship, my name is “Prime Time” Matthew Kennedy and Magnum Randall, Xtreme Fusion, Lucian Frost and Kittie are about to be cancelled!

I turned to my laptop as the scene fades.
user posted image

user posted image