Author Topic: NWA Cruiserweight Title Defense RP  (Read 3464 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
NWA Cruiserweight Title Defense RP
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:47:54 PM »
 Early Monday Morning…June 18th, 2012
Approximately 2 A.M, Las Vegas, Nevada

The dark blue 2012 Ford Edge belonging to SCW Bombshell Champion and NWA World Cruiserweight Champion, Misty, pulls into the driveway leading to her home. She pulls up as close to the front door as possible, turns off the headlights and puts the car in park. A few seconds later, the driver’s side door opens and Misty steps out, carefully placing most of her weight on to her left leg. She suffered second degree burns to her right leg just a few hours ago, when former foe from her GXW days, Roxanne, made her shocking debut in SCW. It was shocking, because Roxanne has supposedly been dead for several years now. She is apparently alive and well, and after weeks of taunting the double champion, she finally showed her face and attacked Misty after she successfully defended the Bombshell Championship against Vixen at Into The Void.

It was nothing short of a miracle, or just plain luck, that Misty was able to get out of that burning dumpster with only burns to her leg, but she did. She fought the medical team at the Earl Wilson Stadium, and they had no choice but to sedate her and transport her to a local hospital to have her leg looked at and taken care of. After waking up a few hours later, she turned on her friend Electra Blaze, who was there for support, and kicked her out of her hospital room, and one can only assume, out of her life as well.

That was three hours ago. Once the doctors felt the sedative had worn off enough, and it was safe enough for her to drive, she signed her release papers and walked out, refusing to stay overnight for further observation. So, they sent her home with a couple prescriptions instead. Misty reluctantly took them, and was on her way.

All she wants to do now is collapse on to her bed and sleep. She limps her way up to her front door, and growls when she notices the door is unlocked. There is no doubt that Electra had returned here to get her things, and purposely left the door unlocked when she left.  Misty growls as she walks inside, closes and locks the door behind her and then tosses her keys on to the table by the door. 

She heads into her kitchen, or the mess that is the reconstruction of her kitchen, and heads over to the refrigerator.  She takes out a bottle of water, opens it and takes a sip as she takes a seat at her kitchen table with a sigh.

Misty: Well...at least I get a week to relax in some peace and quiet around here.

That statement comes a little too soon, as the ghostly figure of her friend, Sydney, appears in front of her.  Misty nearly spits out a mouthful of water.

Sydney: Oh please.  Even after how many months, you can't seriously tell me that I still startle you every time I show up?

Misty nods and takes another sip of water.

Misty: I might not get startled if I knew when you were going to show up, Syd.  You come back and then disappear for while.  And just when I think I'm finally rid of you, you show up...yet again.

Misty places her elbow on to the table, then leans her head on her hand, yawning.  Sydney looks at her, shakes her head and laughs.

Sydney: My, my...Don't you look exhausted.

Misty: If you had the night I had, you'd be just as exhausted as I am right now.

Sydney: Why don't you get some sleep then?

Misty sighs, then leans back in her chair.

Misty: I was planning on it...until you showed up.  What do you want this time?

Sydney: Aww, do I really need a reason to visit my best friend, Misty?  I was so worried about you, and just wanted to check on how you were feeling!

The sarcasm is more than apparent, as a smile spreads across Sydney's face.  Misty rolls her eyes in response.

Sydney: I saw what happened at Into The Void, Misty.

Misty: Yeah?  And?

Sydney: Nothing that happened out there was a surprise to me...including Roxanne coming back.

Misty's face suddenly shows a look of both shock and confused, as she folds her arms across her chest and stares at at Sydney.

Misty: What are you talking about?  Are you telling me you knew Roxanne was still alive, but you didn't tell me?

Sydney nods.

Sydney: I couldn't tell you.  I had to let everything that I knew was going to happen, happen.  I had hoped you'd figure it out before it was too late, but apparently I was wrong.  Say, how's that burn on your leg?

Sydney points to Misty's right leg, where the bandage can be seen showing through her singed pants.

Misty: It's fine.  Doesn't even hurt.

Sydney: Mmmhmm...

Misty: You know, I'd really like to get to bed.  Why don't you just vanish now so I can get some peace and quiet, and don't come back for preferrably a few weeks. 

Sydney: Why?  Because you don't have to worry about Climax Control this week?

Misty nods.

Misty: Exactly.  I plan on getting some much needed rest these next couple of weeks---

Sydney: It's clear you haven't checked your voicemail tonight.

Misty: What are you talking about?

Sydney: Listen to your messages and you'll find out.

Misty growls and takes her iphone out of her pocket.  It shows she has three new voicemails.  Two are from Electra, and the other is from a number she does not recognize.  She goes through her voicemails, deleting the two messages from Electra and listening to the other. 

Misty: Really?  You made a big deal about this, Syd? 

Sydney: And you're not?  You're next NWA Cruiserweight title defense is scheduled, and you're acting like you don't even care.

Misty places the phone back into her pocket and shrugs.

Misty: At the moment, it honestly hadn't crossed my mind.  Besides, I'm facing Zak Phenom in WCCW.  I'll have to research him a bit more, but from what I understand, he shouldn't be a problem.

Sydney shakes her head, holding back a laugh.

Sydney: You know, I'm getting the feeling you're not going to be a double champion much longer.  You're faultering more and more every single day.

Misty lets out another yawn, and shakes her head.

Misty: You do realize that every single word that is escaping your mouth right now is pure jibberish, right?  I need sleep, Syd!

Sydney: What you need is to get your head back in the damn game if you want to keep either of your titles, Misty!  Hell, you just barely retained your title against Vixen and you know it.  How do you expect to face Zak Phenom? 

Misty turns around to head to her room, holding her hand up and waves to Sydney.

Misty: It's almost three in the morning, Syd.  I don't need to figure that out at this very moment.  In fact, I have until the 29th to figure it out, which is eleven days away, so that gives me plenty of time to figure out what I'm going to do.  G'night!

And with that, she disappears down the hall to her bedroom, where she collapses on to her bed and passes out just a few minutes later.  Sydney remains in the kitchen, shaking her head.

Sydney: That woman is in for a rude awakening in the next few weeks, and she is unable to stop everything that is coming for her.  I hope she's ready.

Just like that, Sydney is gone, vanishing into thin air.

Ten Days Later...One day before WCCW's Nightmare-Albuquerque, New Mexico

Misty is relaxing in her hotel room, her laptop in hand.  She is just one day away from defending her NWA Cruiserweight Title against Zak Phenom, and she's doing some last minute research into her latest opponent.  She's watching videos of some of his past matches, shaking her head at the more recent of the videos.

Misty: This is what WCCW has to offer me?  A guy like Zak Phenom?  I don't know if I should be thankful or insulted at the choice.  Sure he may be the Heritage champion...Oh wait, the co-Heritage Champion, but that doesn't mean anything.  Does he really think he can beat me and take my title from me?

Misty switches to another video of one of Zak Phenom's matches, studying his every move carefully.

Misty: This kid isn't ready to be what I am...He's not ready to be the World Cruiserweight Champion, let alone a double champion, and tomorrow night, I'm going to step into that ring and prove it to him.  He's simply not ready to face me.

Misty closes her laptop, placing it next to her.

Misty: But I'm damn sure ready to face him.  I've faced tougher women than him, and if he does his homework like a good little boy, he'll realize that I'm sure.  He'll see exactly what I'm capable of.  If Zak Phenom does what any person who has never faced me should do, he'll find out exactly what lengths I will go to in order to keep what is rightfully mine.

Misty stands up from the bed, heading over to her things.  Sitting on top of her duffel bag is the World Cruiserweight title.  She picks it up, and stares at it.

Misty: This title..MY Cruiserweight title is going nowhere.  My time as the Cruiserweight champion in the NWA is far from over, and Zak Phenom is just next in line of many opponents and successful title defenses.  This title means something to me, and Zak Phenom simply can not take it away from me.  I won't let him.

Misty then holds the title close to her chest, almost hugging it.

Misty: I don't care what I have to do...I'm keeping this title.  I'm not going to let a guy like Zak Phenom steal my glory from me.  I refuse to let that happen.

She keeps a hold of the title, and walks over to the bed.  She sits down, places the title in her lap, and keeps her eyes locked on it, losing herself in her thoughts.  Tomorrow night...Misty won't go down without giving up one hell of a fight. 

Zak Phenom...hope you're ready.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:49:20 PM by Misty »
>