Author Topic: The Lone Wolf..  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
The Lone Wolf..
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »
 The scene opens back inside the Aurora Nightclub where those attending Gabriel’s after party are still mingling and having a great time.  Despayre was still running around excitedly with his tag team title, while Gabriel was off in another part of the club, his own tag team title draped over his shoulder, chatting with a few people.  The Sin of Envy, and the inaugural Bombshell Roulette Champion, Kittie, was admiring her shiny new belt in the presence of Synn, Shane and Fantasia.  That left only one member of the Sins…Rage.

Where is The Sin of Wrath at this very moment?  The camera turns slowly toward the few people sitting around the bar, and we see Rage sitting as far away from everyone else as he possibly can.  He’s toying with an empty glass sitting in front of him, when the bartender, an attractive brunette woman, approaches him.

“Ready for another, big man?” She asks politely.

Rage only nods, and slides his glass towards her.  She grabs the bottle of Jack, pouring more of the dark liquor into his glass, then slides it back to him.  

“There ya go.  Why aren’t you having a good time with the rest of your friends?” The bartender asks, trying to get the big man to talk.  Rage, however, just looks at her, then around to those at the party.  He lets a low growl escape, then raises the glass to his mouth, downing the entire contents in one shot.  The bartender looks at him, with one eyebrow raised, and grabs the bottle of Jack again, filling his glass one more time.

“Ok, maybe they aren’t your friends.  I just assumed that since you walked in with all the ones with those shiny championship belts—“ The bartender is suddenly startled, and jumps back, when Rage slams the glass down on the counter and breaks it.  The club goes silent for a few seconds as everyone turns and looks toward Rage and the bartender.

Rage looks around at everyone, then shoves his chair away from the bar, and stands up.  The bartender starts to clean up the broken glass, almost too afraid to look at Rage the wrong way.  Rage walks away from the bar, heading toward the door, when Shane steps in front of him.

“Where ya going, big fella?” He asks in his thick English accent.  Rage just glares at him, not saying a word, and tries to step past him, but again Shane steps in front of him.

“Come on, everyone is having a good time.  Can’t you just try and have a good time?”

Rage folds his arms across his chest and replies, “I’ve been trying, Shane…for two fuckin’ hours!  It’s not exactly easy for me to watch those three walk around with gold, when I don’t have shit!”

Gabriel, who is standing only a few feet away, pretends he hasn’t heard a word Rage said, but the glance toward Rage from the corner of his eye tells us otherwise.  

“Don’t start getting discouraged now, mate.  You know it’s only a matter of time until you get that title from Nick Jones.”  Shane says reassuringly.

Rage just shakes his head. “I should already have the damn title, Shane!  The Sins should be owning SCW right now with all four of us holding a title, but guess what?  I’m holding all that glory back.”

“You’re not holding anything back.  You four are owning SCW.  You don’t need a title to prove that.  Hell, just getting a title shot is proof enough.  Just be patient, and soon, that title will be yours.”

Rage clenches his fists, placing them at his side. “Patience isn’t a quality I possess, Shane.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to get the hell out of here.”

“You don’t need to get out of here, Rage.  We all understand how you’re feeling right now, but none of us think any less of you.”

“Get out of my way, Shane…I mean it.” Rage says with a threatening tone.

“Or what?  What are you gonna do?” Shane asks, taking a step towards the big man, getting right in his face, ultimately knowing that Rage won’t do anything.  Not to him at least.

Sensing the escalating tension coming from Rage and Shane’s direction, Gabriel excuses himself from the group of people he was chatting with, and heads over to the two, stepping in between them.

“Shane, just let him go.” Gabriel says, to the surprise of both Rage and Shane.  “It’s clear he doesn’t want to be here, and if he breaks something more than a glass, I’ll have to shell out the cash for it.”

Shane holds his arms up, and takes a step back. “Fair enough, but trust me when I say this…Tomorrow, he’s gonna regret this.”

“I highly doubt that.” Rage says before he walks past Shane and out the door.  Gabriel and Shane watch as he walks out the door, turning to the right and out of site.  

The Next Day…

The scene opens up inside of an unfamiliar building.  Passed out face down on the floor, with an empty bottle of Jack directly next to his hand, is the Sin of Wrath himself…Rage.  He is just starting to show the first signs of life, as he moves his arms, shoving the empty bottle a few feet away from him.  A low grunt is heard, as he slowly pushes himself to his knees, holding his head.  He slowly opens his eyes, though the light bothers his pounding headache, as he looks around.

"What...the...fuck?" He says, slowly turning his head to look at where he is.  Several display cases surround him, some filled gold jewelry and the like.  He scratches his forehead, when he hears the lock on the front door open, and a older gentleman with a balding head walks in.  

"Oh shit..."

The gentleman stops dead in his tracks when he sees Rage on the floor in front of him.

"Hey!  Hey you!  How the fuck did you get in here?!"

The man high tails it toward the phone to call the police, as Rage gets to his feet as quick as he can.

"Fuck if I know!" Rage yells, as he makes a run towards the door.  The man tries to stop him, but Rage knocks him out cold with a hard right fist right to the head!  The man had already dialed 9-1-1, though, and you can hear the operator speaking from the other end.  Rage bolts out the door, stopping only for a second to look at the sign on the building.

Leo's Pawn Shop

"What the fuck?!" Rage says again, as he then hightails it down the street when he hears sirens getting closer to the building.

To Be Continued...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:18:38 PM by Rage »