Author Topic: Sending A Clear Message  (Read 828 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Sending A Clear Message
« on: June 14, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »
 “Are you going to tell me where we’re going?”

Misty turns to look at Electra, who is sitting next to her in the passenger seat.  A wicked grin appears on her face, as she drives through Las Vegas, her ultimate destination unknown at the moment.

“Relax,” she says, sounding surprisingly upbeat. “I have a special surprise for you, Electra.  I know you’re going to love me for it, too.’

Electra blinks a couple times as she stares at Misty.  She scratches her forehead, then shakes her head, still completely confused.  Misty turns down an unfamiliar road to Electra.

“Ok, who are you and what have you done with Misty?” Electra says, folding her arms across her chest.  She looks out the window, trying to get an idea of where they are, but all she sees are a bunch of abandoned run-down buildings and warehouses.  This is not an area she really has any business being in.

“I’m still the same me.” Misty replies with a laugh. “After you nearly burned down my kitchen, an idea came to me.  I know you’ve got this other side to you, Electra.  I understand that you have these…burning desires to set things on fire, and if you don’t, you get a little…antsy.  So, I’m about to let you have some fun.”

Electra’s eyes widen just a bit, and she is genuinely shocked at this turn of events.  She turns her attention to a building just ahead.  It is a building that suddenly stands out more from the others, as it appears to be in fairly working order, and recently renovated.  A sign in front of the building reads The Staggs Dungeon, and Electra’s mood changes to pure excitement.

“Are you serious?!” Electra practically squeals in delight as Misty parks her car in front of the building.  No other cars are around, signaling the coast is clear for the duo to cause a little mischief.

Misty nods, as she turns her car off and removes the keys from the ignition.  She removes her seatbelt and turns to look at Electra again.

“Never been more serious in my life.” She says, again smiling. “I’ve got some lighter fluid in the back, and I’m sure you’ve got a spare lighter in your pocket.  What do you say?  You ready to have some fun?”

Electra wastes no time in opening her door and practically jumping out of Misty’s car.  She runs around to the back of the car, opening the hatchback and grabbing the several bottles of lighter fluid Misty has supplied for her.  Misty walks up next to her, looking satisfied with herself for what she is about to let Electra do.

“Why couldn’t you just get gasoline?” Electra asks, struggling to hold on to the bottles of lighter fluid.

“Hey, gasoline isn’t cheap these days.” Misty replies, helping Electra out by grabbing a few of the bottles from her grasp.  She closes the hatchback to her Ford Edge as Electra skips off toward the entrance to Spike Staggs’ wrestling facility.  She stops just as she is about to reach the door, spinning around, nearly dropping the lighter fluid in the process.

“Wait…how are we going to get in?  Spike might be an idiot, but I doubt he’s stupid enough to leave the door unlocked.”

Misty smiles that evil smile of hers again as she reaches into her pocket, pulling out what can only be a device used to pick a lock.  She waves it around as she walks past Electra, and the two step up to the door.  Misty messes with the lock for a few seconds, until finally, she can hear it click, signaling it worked.  She turns the doorknob, slowly opening the door, with a sadistic look on her face…almost as sadistic a look as her ex-fiancee might give from time to time.

“After you…” Misty steps aside, allowing Electra to be the first one to walk into the building.

Electra steps through the door, inside the darkened building and looks around.  She gets a disgusted look on her face, as she turns around to face Misty.

“Good lord…this place smells horrible.” Electra holds her nose for a second, while Misty tries to look around for a light switch.  She finds the switch or several of them, and flips them to the on position, lighting up the entire building.  Misty looks around Spike’s precious gym, and shakes her head.

“And here I was expecting a bit more than this.”  Misty takes a few steps forward, still looking around. “Looks like we’re about to do Spikey-Boy a favor.”

Misty turns her attention to the wrestling ring in the center of the building.  She sets the bottles of lighter fluid down on a nearby shelf, and starts walking toward the ring.  Electra looks at her, slightly baffled.

“What are you doing?”

Misty doesn’t respond.  She walks up the steps leading to the ring, stepping on to the ring apron.  She steps through the second rope, entering the very ring that Spike uses to help train future SCW superstars.  As she slowly walks around the ring, a feeling she never wanted to experience suddenly hits her.  She stands in the center of the ring, staring blankly ahead, and she drops down to her knees.  Seeing this, Electra drops the bottles of lighter fluid she was holding, runs toward the ring, then joins Misty at her side, placing a hand on the Bombshell Champion’s back.

“Misty?  What’s wrong?  Are you okay?’

But again, Misty doesn’t respond.  She lowers her head, looking toward the mat, and begins shaking her head, as the memories flood her mind…as the regret suddenly sinks in.

Flashback…

St Louis, Missouri…September 2011

“You’re doing great, babe. It’s like you never even left the ring at all.”  Spike says, looking at Misty.  The couple are taking a break from their training session, and Misty grabs a bottle of water from her gym bag.  She opens it and takes a sip, looking at her fiancée and the father of her child, not returning his enthusiasm.

“I’m not at the level I was hoping I’d be, Spike.  SCW’s first show is in a few weeks.  I can’t debut there and perform like this.  I’ll be an embarrassment.”

Spike shakes his head as he walks up to Misty, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace.  They take a seat on a nearby bench, and Misty shakes her head in disappointment.

“No one is expecting you to be at the same level you were when GXW closed its doors.  Hell, I’m sure several of the guys Mark and Christian called up will probably be just as rusty as you…if not more.  You’re improving every day, and you know it.”  Spike says reassuringly.

Misty takes another sip of her water, shaking her head. “I expect it, Spike.  I should have stayed in shape all these years, just in case.  Now I’m starting to doubt myself.”

“Don’t.” Spike says, nudging her with his elbow. “You’ll have your ups and downs, but that’s not what matters.  What matters is stepping in to that ring each and every week and showing the passion and the dedication you carry for what you do.”

Misty looks at Spike, finally allowing herself to crack a bit of a smile at the corner of her mouth.  Deep down, she knows he’s right, though she is yet to admit it.

“I just don’t want to go out there and be a big disappointment.  And not just to the fans, or Mark and Christian—“

Spike places his finger on Misty’s lips, silencing her, and he looks into his eyes.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but shut up.” He says with a smirk. “If you keep worrying about disappointing everyone, it’ll only be a big distraction once you step into that ring and you know it.  You gotta clear your head and just have a little faith in yourself, because everyone else does..at least everyone that matters.  You haven’t wrestled in almost five years.  A little ring rust is natural, but once you go out there and perform for the fans, your confidence will come back to you.  Trust me.”

Misty shrugs, and as she is about to say something in response, Spike gets to his feet, then picks Misty up, tossing her over his shoulder.

“What the hell?!”  She yelps. “Spike, put me down!”

But Spike doesn’t let her go.  He carries her back into the ring, keeping her over his shoulder as she playfully fights him, even allowing herself to laugh.

“What was that?” He asks, standing in the center of the ring.

“Put…me…down!”

He grins and shrugs, then to Misty’s surprise, he lets her go, causing her to fall flat on her ass in front of him.  She looks up at him, shocked he would do that, but she doesn’t seem to care much.

“What?  You asked for it.”  Spike says, stifling a laugh.  

Misty sits there for a second, contemplating her next move, when Spike extends his hand offering to help her back to her feet.  She shakes her head, acting truly upset with him.  He seems surprised, and just as he is going to crouch down to her eye level, she kicks his foot at the right moment, causing his face to connect with the mat.  She quickly jumps on to his back, pulling his arms behind his back.

“Hey, hey, take it easy!” He says with just a hint of exaggeration shining through. “And you’re worried about being a disappointment?”

Misty can see that he Spike is trying not to smile, and she leans down, putting her face close to his.  

“Tell me something, babe.”  She says, her long raven colored hair falling past her shoulders. “Why do you always let me overpower you during our training sessions?  You know you’re stronger than I am.”

Spike thinks for a second, then smiles.  He yanks his arms free of Misty’s grasp, then pushes himself, with Misty still on his back and her arms around his neck, to his knees, then to a standing position.  He grabs her hands, pulling them apart, causing her to slide down his back, and back to her feet.  He turns around and looks her in her eyes.

“You really need to ask that?”

As she is about to respond, he leans down, pressing his lips against hers.

“Misty!  Snap out of it!”

Electra shakes Misty, finally getting her attention.  Misty shakes her head, and looks at Electra, almost confused.

“Huh?  What…what the hell happened?”

“You tell me.” Electra replies. “As soon as you got into this ring, you zoned out, then just collapsed to your knees.  What the hell is going on with you?”

Misty thinks to herself, remembering the flashback she just had.  She doesn’t want to tell Electra about it, however, and instead pushes herself back to her feet, and Electra does the same.  Misty walks over to the ropes, stepping through the second rope again, and jumps down to the floor.  She walks over and grabs a couple bottles of the lighter fluid, opening one of them, and heads back over to the ring where she begins spraying the light fluid all over the outside of the ring.

“What the fuck are you waiting for?” She growls. “Go get the rest of the lighter fluid and help me douse this piece of shit ring!”

Electra doesn’t argue, and jumps out of the ring, as Misty slides in under the bottom rope, continuing to squeeze the lighter fluid all around her.  When one bottle is empty, she tosses it to the ground, and opens another, doing the same.  Electra joins her shortly after, and the pair squeeze the lighter fluid over as much of the ring as they possibly can, including the ropes.  Once every single bottle is empty, they jump out of the ring.  

“Maybe this will send a message back to Spike to quit fucking with me…Burn this bitch!” She says, giving Electra the go-ahead.  

Electra grabs a lighter out of her pocket.  She walks over to the apron, and flicks the lighter, bringing the flame to the apron.  It quickly spreads, and Electra takes a book of matches out of her pocket, bringing the lighter to the matches, and lights them all.  She tosses the matches into the ring, causing the fire to grow even more, and she and Misty take a few steps back, getting a safe distance away from the burning ring.  Electra watches as it burns, almost in a trance.  Misty seems to drift off into her own world.  Not only does the fire destroy a part of a business Spike had worked hard to achieve, but in Misty’s mind, it turns another memory she shared with Spike to ash.  

When she hears sirens off in the distance, she snaps back to reality, and slaps Electra’s arm, getting her attention.

“Shit!  Electra, come on!  We gotta get outta here!”

Electra shakes her head, looking around.  She, too, hears the sirens as they start to get closer.  The two hightail it out of the building as the ring is completely engulfed in flames, and jump back into Misty’s car.  Misty quickly starts the engine and speeds off away from the building, watching the smoke pour out of the building through the rearview mirror.  Police cars and firetrucks speed past them when they are a safe distance away from the building, and Electra looks on, clapping her hands.

“Holy shit!  That was such a rush!” Electra shouts, looking out the back window at all the emergency vehicles heading towards the warehouse.  “I could kiss you right now for letting me do that…”

Misty laughs and shakes her head. “I think Spike should get the message loud and clear, don’t you think?”

Electra nods, as she plants herself back down in the seat, facing the front.  She pulls her feet up, placing them on the dashboard, still smiling from ear to ear.

“If not, he’ll find out the hard way what happens when he tries to fuck with you.  We shoulda set the whole building on fire!”

“As much as I’d like to agree, I don’t.” Misty says. “All we did was send a message to Spike…we just dared him to try something else…and if he does…well, we’ll just hit him where it hurts.”

“Yeah, you’re gonna start by taking out another member of his precious NXT…Vixen really has no idea what she’s up against, does she?” Electra looks out her window again as Misty gets on to the highway, on the way back to the hotel.

“We established that a long time ago, Electra.”

“Hey, I got an idea!” Electra shouts excitedly. “Why don’t we go get a few drinks as an early celebration?’

Misty shakes her head, turning down the idea. “Maybe tomorrow night.  Right now, I need to get back to the hotel and make a phone call, because I just got a great idea.  I’ve got a few things I need to say, so I’m going to allow one of SCW’s esteemed reporters to get the interview they all want.  None of the other Bombshells are gonna want to miss this one.”

It’s amazing how fast time flies…especially when you’re having fun.  Or, in my case, causing a hell of a lot of trouble and showing a  bunch of lame ass wanna-be’s who’s boss!  It seems like just yesterday that I was walking into the Royal Albert Hall in London as one of two challengers to the Bombshell Championship.  It seemed like just yesterday, but six weeks have already passed since that glorious night when I finally won back what had been rightfully mine.

For six weeks I have once again been the Bombshell Champion.  Hell, I’ve always been the Bombshell Champion, even when Kittie and Raynin had the title.  I’ve said it a million times, and I’ll say it a million times more…I am the ONLY true Bombshell, and the ONLY true Bombshell Champion.  It’s that simple.  There is not a damn thing any of those other women can do about it.  They can try, but they’ll all fail.  

Starting this Sunday with my first defense at Into The Void.  When I step into that ring against Vixen on Sunday, not only will I prove to her just who is the better between the two of us, but I’ll be sending a message to the rest of the Bombshells as well.  They all better watch very closely at this match, because what I am going to do to Vixen, I’ll do to each and every one of them, should they dare try and take what is mine.  And that is a promise.

The scene opens up inside the Earl Wilson Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada.  It is just four days until Into The Void airs lives from this very stadium.  In just four days, SCW’s six-sided ring will be set up in the stadium, and the bleachers will be packed with those who were quick enough to purchase tickets to the show.  We are just four days away until the fans witness eleven of the best matches SCW has booked to date.  In just four days, Misty will defend her Bombshell title against her rival for the past few months…her replacement in The New X-Tremes…Vixen.

At this moment, Misty is seated in the bleachers, along with Electra Blaze, looking around the empty stadium.  Electra seems a little impatient, but Misty looks around, appearing very calm and collected.

Electra: Shouldn’t she be here by now?  I’m getting tired of waiting!

Misty: She’s got five minutes, Electra.  She’s not late yet.

At that moment, Misty and Electra turn around, as two voices are heard behind them.  SCW reporter, Pussy Willow, and a cameraman have just arrived.  

P.W: I’m never late for an interview.

Pussy Willow walks down a few steps, with the cameraman following behind her, where they join Misty and Electra in a row of bleachers.

Misty: Of course you’re not…unlike that moron, Scott Oliver, but who really cares about him, right?  Let’s get this damn interview started.  I haven’t got all day.

Misty takes a seat, with Electra seated at her left, and Pussy Willow to her right.  Pussy Willow signals for the cameraman to begin recording, and he does, giving her the go-ahead.

P.W: Good afternoon SCW.  I am Pussy Willow and I am joined today with Bombshell Champion, Misty, and her…friend…Electra Blaze.  Misty, thank you for allowing this interview.

Misty: I’m the Bombshell Champion.  Why wouldn’t I allow an interview?  This is the perfect way to get everyone to listen without being interrupted by the so-called fans of SCW, or some other ignorant jackass.  

P.W: We’re just days away until Into The Void, where you will defend your title against Vixen.  How are you feeling?  Are you nervous at all?

Misty and Electra both let out a laugh as they look at each other and point to Pussy Willow.  

Misty: What kind of question is that?  Am I nervous?  Do I look nervous to you?

P.W: Well, no, but—

Misty: There are no buts about it.  Now, before I get to talking about my next victim…Yes, I said victim and not opponent.  Before I get talking about Vixen, I’d like to give my thoughts on the opening match at Into The Void…the match that I will be keeping a very close eye on.  The Bombshell Free-for-all.

P.W: Should you really be focusing on that match?  

Misty folds her arms across her chest, and nods.

Misty: I’m not exactly focusing my attention on that match, but rather, sending a message to those involved.  After all, rumor has it that the briefcase they’ll be clawing each other’s eyes out to get holds a title shot.  So naturally they’re all focusing on me, right?

P.W: Not that I’ve seen so far, no…

Misty: What kind of reporter are you anyway?  Every single one of those women wants a shot at me, whether they have yet to admit it or not.  Angelica and Veronica Taylor, a.k.a ‘The Mean Girls’ have made absolutely no secrets about their hatred towards me…or anyone else for that matter.  They both have expressed the fact that they are worthy of the Bombshell title in the past, and just the thought of either of them as a champion makes me want to puke.  Though I laugh at that thought more than anything.

P.W: I think so far there have really been only three of those women in that match who have expressed their intent to go after the title.  Kittie, Trish Newborn, and the returning Brooklyn Carter.  

Misty lets out another laugh, and shakes her head.

Misty: I’ll start at the bottom of the barrel and talk about Brooklyn Carter, though she is honestly a waste of my breath.  That low-life junkie had her shot at the title before, and she blew it.  Not only did she blow her shot at the title, she disappeared afterwards, and I bet I can figure out just where she went after The Fallen took her out.  She did exactly what she’s always done.  Brooklyn continued to get high, ruining her life even more than it already was.  She wants a shot at my title?  Too bad…it’s never gonna happen, and I’ll make damn sure of that.  I don’t even know how the hell she is allowed back in this company, but I could care less.  She’ll get her ass beat time after time like she always did.

Misty looks out into the empty stadium, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath.

Misty: As for Trish Newborn…**laughs**…Let the bitch come at me again.  She got her payback when she attacked me with my own title, but did it keep me down?  Hell no!  So I bled a little, big freaking deal.  It’s gonna take a lot more than a couple stitches to keep me down, and Trish Newborn can come at me as many times as she likes.  She calls herself the best of the best?  Well, should he ever face me, I’ll prove that little motto of hers wrong.

P.W: Kittie seems to be the favorite to win this match, and the one to watch, wouldn’t you say?

Surprisingly, Misty nods in agreement.

Misty: Of course she is.  Everyone knows Kittie is a little nutty, and when she wants something, she goes batshit crazy until she gets it.  And then if she doesn’t, she complains and blames the loss on someone else.  Kittie wants another shot at me, because lets face it, I’m the reason she lost the Bombshell title in the first place.  She was ready to go break up the pin and prevent Raynin from winning, but I grabbed her leg and pulled her back.  I have my reasons.  Reasons that none of you will ever find out.

P.W: What about the last four participants in the match?  All of the new Bombshells haven’t disappointed as of yet.

Misty: They are hardly anything to worry about in that match.  I wouldn’t put money on any one of those.  You’ve got The Freakettes, who so far, haven’t done shit.  They were a favorite to go to the finals for the Bombshell Tag Team titles, but they lost.  Just like Bianca Solderini and Trish did.  Bianca likes to act bad ass, but I hear she’s too focused on trying to find a piece of ass then on achieving any success here in SCW.  And Karina Koji?  Who the hell is she?  The sister to some drunken loser, who I’m sure will be just as lame as he is.  Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me who wins that match, because I’m not afraid of any one of them.  Once they see what I’m going to do to Vixen, they’ll all be fearing me…if they don’t already.

P.W: A lot of people are favoring Vixen to beat you.

Misty gets an icy look in her eyes as she glares at Pussy Willow.

Misty: Like who? Nobody important, and nobody who really knows what I’m capable of.  Vixen doesn’t stand a chance.

P.W: But she’s in the stable that you used to be a part of…she’s stablemates with your ex-fiancee, Spike Staggs.  We can only assume that he’s training her, and giving her tips on how to beat you.  After all, he knows you better than anyone else, right?

Misty shakes her head and laughs.

Misty: Everyone thinks he knows me better than anyone else, but he doesn’t know shit, does it?  If he did, he would have seen what I did coming, but he didn’t.  He can try and give Vixen as many pointers as he wants, and she can take all the advice she wants.  She’ll fail…miserably.

P.W: And what about this mystery person who keeps sending you all these cryptic messages?  Do you think he, or she, will interfere somehow and cost you the match?

Misty: That person is hardly a mystery anymore.  Everyone knows that it’s Spike, though he refuses to admit it.  If by some miracle it’s not him, and that person tries to get involved in this match, I’ll make them pay dearly.  It’s no secret I’m not everyone’s favorite person…hell, I’m no one’s favorite, but when you mess with me, you’ll get what’s coming to you.  

Electra: You’re my favorite person, Misty.

Electra smiles proudly, trying to suck up to Misty.  Misty looks at her from the corner of her eyes, rolling them, and chooses to ignore her pyromaniac friend.  

P.W: How would you feel if Vixen somehow managed to beat you?  It’s not as though she’s not experienced enough to do it, and some people are saying you could get easily distracted.

Misty: I’m not going to answer that question, because, quite honestly, it won’t happen.  I could face Vixen at my worst, physically, and still walk away the winner.  Why?  Because I’m that determined…that motivated…and that hell bent on making sure she doesn’t walk away with my title.  As long as I’m walking and breathing, the Bombshell Title will remain around my waist.  Vixen…and any future contender for this belt, will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands, because there’s not a chance in hell I’m letting this baby get away from me ever again.

Misty then stands up from where she is sitting, ordering Electra to do the same.  She looks at Pussy Willow, and the camera, one last time.

Misty: And as far as people thinking I’ll get easily distracted…Well, they’re all sorely mistaken.  I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.  Vixen…will..not…win.  Anyone who thinks she will is a damn fool.  This interview is done.  Come on Electra, let’s get the hell out of here.

Misty then shoves her way past Pussy Willow and the cameraman, with Electra following behind her.  Electra takes it upon herself to put her hand over the camera, and shove the cameraman back, laughing as he nearly falls.

Pussy Willow looks into the camera, and shrugs as the scene fades out to black.

I know you’re watching this Vixen…I know you’re watching, and you’re trying to find my weakness…any weakness, to bring me down.  You’re looking for the one thing that you can use against me so you can pin me and walk away as the new Bombshell Champion.  I’ve seen you’re messages you’ve sent to me in your promos for NYDW, and I must say, they didn’t scare me one bit.

I’m not afraid of you.  I’m not nervous about facing you, even though you were unfortunate enough to be chosen as my replacement in the New X-Tremes.  I say unfortunate because when you decided to accept Spike’s offer to join them, it only guaranteed in my mind that you will NEVER hold the Bombshell Championship.  The New X-Tremes is not the place for my title.

Has Spike been giving you pointers?  Has he been filling your head with lies about me?  He probably thinks he is accurate in anything he says about me, but let’s face it, he never knew me at all.  So, you really shouldn’t listen to him.  Has he been giving you secret training sessions, teaching you how to get around everything and anything I’ll come at you with?  I bet he is.  I’m not an idiot.

Though he says otherwise, I know Spike is determined to get revenge on me.  He’d love nothing more than to see someone bring me down…to see YOU bring me down and defeat me for the Bombshell Championship, but only because you’re the female member of NXT.  Yes, he’d love nothing more than to see that happen, but too bad for you it won’t happen.  And Spike knows it won’t happen.  

Spike may not truly know me deep down, but the one thing he does know, and it’s the same thing that everyone else knows…I’m one vicious bitch, and I’ll keep you from beating me.  I’m ruthless and vindictive, and after Into The Void, you’re gonna need some time off, because you’ll be nursing some injuries I assure you.  Do all your preparations.  Get ready for the fight of your life, Vixen.  

After Into The Void…you’re finished.

>