Author Topic: I Will NOT Lose(NWA match vs DJ)  (Read 2343 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
I Will NOT Lose(NWA match vs DJ)
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »
 Winning the NWA World Cruiserweight Title back on February 29th in London was a big accomplishment in Misty’s career.  She had been a champion before, of course, but the honor that comes with being the NWA World Cruiserweight Champion is just so much more…important it seems.

To be known as the very best out of not one, but several federations has only added to the already huge ego that Misty had before winning the title.  She craved that stardom…that legendary status.  And so far, she’s doing a damn good job.  And she plans to keep it that way for as long as she possibly can.

When she won the World Cruiserweight title, she knew the traveling schedule wouldn’t be easy.  Her home federation, Sin City Wrestling, is based in Las Vegas and the surrounding area, but being an NWA Champion meant traveling every month to defend her title, and in a different region every month.  She lucked out in March, as her first defense, well technically it wasn’t a defense.  That hag Angelica had somehow gotten a shot at her in hopes of defeating her, thus earning a shot at the title at a future date.  Fortunately for Misty, she had defeated Angelica and put that bimbo in her place.

Now, it is ICW’s chance.  A very lucky opponent gets to face Misty, this time with the title on the line.  That very lucky, or in his case UNLUCKY opponent, is someone who was involved in the very match that Misty won to become the champion.  Sadly for this man, he didn’t last long enough in the gauntlet match, and Misty walked away as the winner.  But ICW superstar DJ has been given a second chance.

Oh DJ…do you realize what is in store for you?

Monday April 23rd

With less than a week to go until SCW’s next supershow, London Brawling, Misty should be doing promotional work for her big Bombshell Title match against Raynin and Vixen.  She should be back in London, showing everyone there why she will be walking out of The Royal Albert Hall with the Bombshell title once again around her waist.  But, she’s not.

No, instead, she is on a plane bound for Ohio.  Her first of two matches for the week is scheduled for Wednesday Night in Cleveland on ICW’s Wednesday Night Rampage, as she puts her NWA World Cruiserweight title on the line in the main event against DJ.  DJ?  Who the hell is he?

It doesn’t really matter at this point.  He wants something that belongs to Misty, so he must be stopped.   And he will be.  As soon as Misty gets some sleep and is well rested and ready for the big match.

Which is what she is doing now.

The long flight back to the states already proved to be too much for Misty.  The European tour SCW has been on has taken its toll and not long into the several hours long flight, Misty had layed her head back only intending to ‘rest her eyes,’ when she fell into a deep sleep.  Her friend, Electra Blaze, couldn’t even wake her.

Electra: Misty?  Hey, Misty, wake up!

But, no luck as the fiery brunette tried to shake Misty awake.  Misty remained in a deep sleep, so Electra got back to reading her magazine.

****Inside Misty’s Head****

Her eyes flutter open, and she looks at the room around her.  Wait a minute…shouldn’tt she be on the place to Ohio?  That is the last place she remembers falling asleep, anyway.

Misty brings her hand to her eyes, rubbing away the last remnants of sleep away, and she sits up in the bed, getting a long look at her surroundings.  Something seemed familiar about this place, but she couldn’t quite put a finger on it.

“Electra?  Electra, what the f*ck is going on?!’  She called out, receiving no response.

As she looks around, sitting on the pillow next to her is her NWA Cruiserweight title, nice and shiny and neatly placed.  She takes a hold of it, growing more confused.

“ELECTRA?!”

Misty jumped off the bed and headed for the door, when a familiar voice behind her startles her.

“She’s not here, Misty.”

Oh great, she’s back.  And by she, I mean Misty’s ghostly “frienemy,” Sydney.

“What the hell is going on, Syd?  Where am I, and where is Electra?”  Misty asks, looking around the room, and out the hall, once again.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk…I’m very disappointed in you, Misty.  I’m shocked you don’t know where you are.”  Sydney replies, taking a few steps toward her.

Misty shakes her head and scowls. “I don’t have time for your mysterious crap, Syd.  I have a match in Cleveland—“

Sydney shakes her head. “That match is over, Misty.”

“What?”

“That match was weeks ago, chickie.  Don’t you remember?”

Misty only seems more confused as she looks at the NWA title in her hand, then to Sydney.

“So I won, then?  I mean I must have because—“

Before she can finish her sentence, the NWA title vanishes right before her eyes.  She looks at her hand, wide-eyed, and seemingly terrified.

“What the hell?!  What is going on Sydney?!”

Sydney walks up to Misty, placing a hand on her shoulder.  “Damn, girl, that loss affected you more than I thought it would.  You can’t even remember losing it, much less coming back here.  And here I thought that a loss didn’t affect you like this.  Guess I was wrong.”

Misty yanks her shoulder from Sydney’s grasp.  “I…I don’t understand.  Where is here?!  Sydney, what the hell is going on?!”

At the snap of a finger, Sydney makes the room just a little bit brighter.  

“Look around you,” she says. “What do you see?”

Misty looks around the room, furiously trying to get a grasp on what is happening, and where she is.

“My stuff?”  She replies. “Why is all my stuff here?  Wait…”

Misty looks at the room closer, then turns back to Sydney, shocked.  Sydney nods with smile as Misty finally understands, and remembers this place.  She had lived here once before.

“I’m back in Chicago…I’m back…home?  But, why?!”

The walls surrounding her bring back the memories.  The memories of the years she had lived here…The house she had bought in Chicago.  But, that was seven years ago.  Before she met Spike.  Before she had moved to St. Louis, and just months ago, to Las Vegas.

“You never sold this house, Misty.  You told Spike you did, but you lied, and I think you know why.”

Misty manages to stifle a laugh and says, “Yeah because I knew deep down that my relationship with him was never meant to be, and I didn’t want to be stuck in that shithole St. Louis for the rest of my life.  I’m just sorry that I put myself through that for six years.  But, I have a life in Las Vegas now wrestling for SCW.  Why would I come back here?”

Misty walks over to the bed, sitting on the edge.  She tries to remember the last few weeks, but she just can’t for whatever reason.

“Because you quit.”  Sydney responds.

Misty darts her head back up, staring at Sydney, wide-eyed. “Excuse me?!”

“After you lose the cruiserweight title to DJ in Ohio, you went back to London for the Bombshell title match…your last match…and you quit.  You gave it all up…again.”

Misty begins shaking her head, refusing to believe a word Sydney is telling her.

“No.” She says. “No. No. No. No. NO!  I wouldn’t do that!  I’m not a quitter!”

Sydney laughs. “That’s what I thought, but London Brawling just proved too much for big bad Misty.  And to think I went through all that trouble to get you to kick Spike to the curb.”

“You’re lying!”  Misty shouts, pulling at her hair. “QUIT LYING TO ME!”

“I’m not lying…at least not yet, but you could prove me wrong.”  Sydney replies, suddenly sounding optimistic.  Misty glares at her, her eyes looking as though she was almost in tears.

“I’m…dreaming, aren’t I?”  Misty growls, glaring at Sydney.  “You stupid bitch!”

Sydney laughs.  “You really need to work on your insults, you know that?  Bitch is hardly an insult to anyone anymore.”

“What was the point to all this?” Misty asks, pointing all around the room. ‘Showing me something that is never gonna happen?”

“Oh, it will happen, Misty, and we both know it.  This match against DJ is your first title defense as Cruiserweight Champ.  Do you remember what happened when you defended the Bombshell Title for the first time?”

Misty glares at Sydney, almost burning holes through her ghostly friend. “Shut the hell up, Syd.  Just shut up!”

“I know you remember.” Sydney says. “You’ve never been able to forget, have you?”

Misty stands up and walks past Sydney, refusing to look at her anymore. “I said shut up!  Don’t say it!”

“You lost.”

In a fit of Rage, Misty balls up a fist and punches the wall, leaving a nice indentation on it.  It doesn’t seem to phase her, though, as she spins around and gets nose to nose with Sydney.

“Fuck…off!!”  She growls, breathing heavily in Sydney’s face.

“Oh, how I wish I could, but you see, I’m here to make sure none of this becomes a reality.  Oh, look at what you’ve done to your hand.”  Sydney points to Misty’s hand, which has quickly swollen to twice its size, and started turning black and blue.

“I don’t give a rat’s ass about my hand.”  Misty snaps. “I’m not going to lose, Syd.  Not this time.  I don’t care what I have to do.  I’ll break DJ’s legs if I have to.  I will NOT lose.”

“That,” Sydney begins. “That is exactly what I want to see from you.  That fire in your eyes.”

Misty smiles evilly, but a thought soon crosses into her mind, and the smile fades.

“Fire…”

Sydney nods to Misty, and Misty’s eyes widen.

“Oh shit…Electra!"

“ELECTRA!”  Misty screams, and jolts herself awake, but she is too late.  Electra takes a picture from a passenger asking for an autograph, and removes a hidden lighter from somewhere.  She clicks the lighter, and sets the picture on fire with a crazed laugh.

“NO!”  Misty slaps the burning picture from Electra’s hand, as a flight attendant and a U.S Marshall aboard the flight rush over to them.

The flight attendant has a fire extinguisher in her hands, and the U.S Marshall grabs a hold of Electra, pulling her hands behind her back.  Misty looks on in horror as Electra fights to get free.

“Let me go!” She shouts. “Oh, please, it’s not like it was a bomb!”

And chaos ensues.  The other passengers on the flight begin panicking, having heard Electra wrong.  Misty looks to the U.S Marshall.

“Can you just let her go, please?  I can promise you I will keep her under—“

“Get back to your seat, miss, or I’ll place you under arrest also.”  The U.S Marshall warns her, before turning his attention to the flight attendant.  “Maxie, please inform the pilot to make an emergency landing at the nearest airport as soon as possible and to make an announcement to calm down the rest of the passengers.”

Maxie nods, then hurries off towards the front of the plane.  Misty plops down in her seat, as fellow passengers stare at her.  The U.S Marshall subdues Electra at the front of the plane, then returns to where she was seated next to Misty and grabs the lighter from the floor.

“How did she get this on the plane?”  He asks, holding the lighter for Misty to see.

Misty shrugs her shoulders and says, “Hell if I know.  I’m not her babysitter.”

He places the lighter in his pocket before giving Misty a stern look. “When the plane lands, I’ll need you to come with me for questioning also.”

Misty folds her arms and growls. “Is that really necessary?  You can lock her up for all I care!”

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologize for the inconvenience, but due to a disturbance on board, I’ve just been informed we are to make an emergency landing at the nearest airport.  JFK International Airport in New York is ready and waiting for our arrival.  We ask that you remain calm, and please stay seated until instructed otherwise.”

Misty buries her head in her hand with a growl, then shakes her head.

“Oh this is JUST great.  I have a match in Cleveland on Wednesday night!”

Up at the front of the plane, Electra looks at the U.S Marshall with pleading innocent eyes.

“Can I have my lighter back now?"

Tuesday Night
JFK International Airport

Misty and Electra are seen walking out of the customs room.  Misty doesn’t look very thrilled and Electra rubs her wrists, the noticeable lines from the handcuffs apparently bothering her.  As they walk up to a restroom, holding their duffel bags, Misty stops Electra and looks at her.

Electra: What?

*WHAP!*  Misty slaps Electra hard across the back of her head.  Electra grabs a hold of her head, rubbing it.

Electra: Ow!  Dammit, that hurt!

Misty: I swear, Electra, I better be able to make it to Cleveland by tomorrow night, or I swear, you’re going to wish I never brought you back!  What were you thinking?!

Electra shakes off the affects of Misty’s hand to her head.

Electra: You heard what I told them in there!  I forgot I had that one on me and when that little punk—

Misty: Just shut up!  You’re so damn lucky I have a note from your psychiatrist handy and that they bought that excuse that you were off your meds.

Electra pouts, bottom lip out and all.

Electra: I still never got my lighter back…

*WHAP!*

Electra: OW!  DAMMIT!

Misty: Shut up about the damn lighter!  I don’t know how I managed to schedule us a flight back to London after my match against DJ, but you are NOT to touch a single lighter until we are back in Las Vegas after this tour.  Got it?!

Electra: Awww, come on.  It was an honest mistake.

Misty raises her hand to slap Electra a third time, but Electra flinches, sensing it was coming.

Misty: Bullshit!  Just keep your mouth shut until I tell you to talk, and do as I tell you.  I have a lot at stake this week, and I won’t hesitate to let you rot in jail for another stupid decision.

Electra: Fine.  Whatever!

Misty: Good, now come on.  I’ve had to pee for the last two hours!

Misty shoves Electra into the restroom, following behind her, as the scene fades to black.

"I'm not the same Misty I was two months ago when I won this title...the NWA World Cruiserweight title.  No, I've changed.  I've returned to the person I was long before anyone in the NWA even knew who I was."

"Back on February 29th, I fought two matches in one night.  First, I battled Lucian Frost to secure my spot in the gauntlet match.  I beat him as I said I would, and later on that night, I was the final entrant in the gauntlet to crown the winner of the J-Cup and the new NWA Cruiserweight Champion.  I had Spike in my corner as I defeated Jace Logan to win the tournament.  I made my name known in the NWA."

"Today, everyone still knows me, but a lot are saying that my win was a fluke...a one time thing.  To them I say KISS MY ASS!"

"My win was anything BUT a fluke.  I may have been the final entrant, but I still won.  My own opponent this week can't say that.  Can you DJ?"

"No, you entered the ring as the seventh entrant after Jace Logan eliminated...oh, hell, I can't even remember that coward's name, but I just know he was from SCW...Anyway, you came out after entrant number six was eliminated to face Jace Logab, the very person I beat for this title."

"You fought, yes, but it just wasn't hard enough.  You could have had your shot at facing me, but you blew it.  Either way, had I faced you, I would have still won.  Just like I plan to do on Wednesday Night Rampage."

"You get your shot at me DJ, and the NWA Cruiserweight Title is on the line.  This shiny belt I hold in my hands will be the very thing we both will be fighting for.  You will be fighting to win it...to take it from me, and I will be fighting to keep it away from you."

"I don't take too kindly to someone trying to steal what is mine...What belongs to me.  And that is what you are trying to do.  You want to take what is mine, but I won't let you!  You can't have it!  You can't!  It's mine!  Do you hear me?!  The NWA World Cruiserweight title is mine!"

"I hope you're ready DJ, and I hope ICW is ready.  I'm going to take all of you by storm.  The NWA Cruiserweight title is staying right where it belongs."

>