Author Topic: A History Lesson  (Read 2471 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
A History Lesson
« on: February 08, 2012, 06:33:24 PM »

A History Lesson

History.

That is one very significant word on my mind at this very moment.  It is the one word that holds so much meaning to everyone in the world today.  We’ve all taken history classes of some kind during our school days, so we all know important historical events that happened that changed the world.  It doesn’t matter where you are from.  Every single culture…every single country in this world, has some sort of major event that changed their lives.  Whatever the event, the stories that manifested from it, were passed down the generations and forever remembered.

When I think about certain events from the past, I don’t just think about the event itself, but also certain people involved as well.  There are certain people in history that not only affected the event itself, but it also impacted the world as a whole.  Because of their involvement, these people will forever be remembered.  Right now, I’d like to take a look at the ones who will be remembered in a positive light.

The Amazons

The Amazons were warriors, but not just any warriors.  They were WOMEN.  One thing I like to think about when I think of the Amazons is their involvement in the Trojan War.  Their queen, Penthesilea, led them to Troy, and sided with Troy’s defenders.

She had a couple different reasons, but only one is important to me.  Only one reason stands out.  Penthesilea brought the Amazons to Troy to prove what they were capable of.  She wanted everyone to know that they were fighters…that they were warriors.  She wanted to prove to everyone that the Amazon women were just as capable to fight in a war and endure whatever obstacles that would bring.  

In my eyes, she was successful.  These Amazon warriors fought in a war with men and proved themselves worthy.  They earned their respect in every battle they fought.  Win or lose, the Amazons are forever remembered in History.

Just like I will be.

St. Joan of Arc

Joan of Arc is yet another woman in history that is remembered for her involvement in a war.  This war was known as The Hundred Years’ War.  During one period of The Hundred Years’ War, Joan of Arc led the French army to several significant victories.  And while she was eventually captured and burned at the stake at just nineteen years old, she was later found to be innocent.

Hundreds of years after her death, Joan of Arc was then declared a saint in the Roman Catholic Church.  She is respected and remembered for her bravery and her acts in war.

Just like I will be.

Billie Jean King

Let’s take a look at someone in more recent years, now.  Billie Jean King was a professional tennis player.  I don’t really follow tennis, but what Billie Jean King did in 1973 made an important mark in the struggle for women’s equality.  Billie Jean King defeated a man named Bobby Riggs in what is known as ‘The Battle of the Sexes.”

Bobby Riggs was your typical male chauvinist.  He claimed that female tennis players were inferior to the men, so he first challenged Margaret Court.  He was victorious over her, and because of that victory, it only further boosted his ego.  He taunted every female tennis player, including Billie Jean King, and she eventually accepted his challenge.

On September 20th, 1973, Billie Jean King, who was 26 years younger than the 55 year old Bobby Riggs, defeated him on the court.  She was an important factor in gaining women’s equality in sports, and she is forever respected for this.

Just like I will be.

You all must be wondering at this point, why I am focusing on these women.  Why am I giving you all a lesson in history, when all it is doing is probably boring you to death.  I will tell you why.  I am speaking of these women, because on February 29th, I plan to do just what they did.  I plan to have my name forever etched in history.  I want each and every one of you to remember me for being a fighter.  I want you to remember that I don’t back down.  I don’t give up.  I fight and claw my way to the top.  I am a warrior.  

You all will remember my name.  You will remember Misty as the woman who, first defeated Blade Alexander and Lucian Frost in the “Miracle Mile” match, then went on to win the NWA Cruiserweight Champion.  No matter your opinion of female wrestlers, I will do what only a few other women in the wrestling world have done.  

I will do what Madusa did when she won the WCW Cruiserweight title.

I will do what Jacqueline did when she won the WWE Cruiserweight Title.

It won’t be easy, but I believe in myself. I am going to go into the Super J-Cup and prove to the bosses in SCW, Mark Ward and Christian Underwood, that they didn’t make a mistake in allowing me this opportunity.  I am going to make them, and the fans of SCW proud, when I bring the NWA Cruiserweight Title to Sin City Wrestling around my waist.  I plan on not only further proving myself to Mark and Christian, but to the fans also.

I have the heart of a champion, and after February 29th, there will be no doubt about it.  No one can stop me.  Not Lucian Frost.  Not any of the other seven men in the gauntlet for the NWA Cruiserweight Title.  Especially not Blade Alexander!  Get ready, NWA.  Misty is about to take you by storm.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday February 5th

The scene opens up inside the home of Misty and Spike Staggs.  Spike, his brother Jamie, and Spike’s son Timmy are all down in the basement, making good use of the entertainment capital of the house.  Their yelling and occasional laughing is heard, through the closed door no less.  Misty is in the kitchen, cleaning up the chaotic mess that was left behind after lunch.  Little Eden Staggs is down for a nap, giving Misty the perfect opportunity to straighten up.

Her cell phone is sitting on the kitchen table, and as she is putting some dishes away, it rings.  She walks over and looks at her phone.  She doesn’t recognize the number, but answers the call anyway.

“Hello?...Oh, hey Christian.  What are you calling me for?”

Her eyes suddenly widen, and her jaw drops a little.

“Holy sh*t, are you serious?...But, I thought I wasn’t booked?...You really did that?...Man, I can’t thank you enough right now…Oh, don’t you worry about that.  I won’t let you guys down, I promise...Doesn’t matter if I win or lose, I’m going to show the NWA the level of talent you guys have in SCW, and show them what a Bombshell can do…Thanks again, Christian.”

Misty ends the call, then slowly places her phone back on the table.  A huge smile begins to form on her face, and her eyes show the most excitement she has seen in quite some time.  She runs over to the basement door and opens it.

”Spike!  Spike!  Get up here right now!”

She turns around, still smiling from ear to ear, as Spike stumbling up the basement stairs can be heard.  He nearly crashes through the door, almost looking concerned.

”What?!  What’s wrong?!

Misty turns around and looks at him, the smile not leaving her face.  She laughs as Spike looks around, almost as if he is looking for a fire or some other emergency.

”You’re never going to believe this.”

”Believe what?  What the hell is going on?”

”I just got a phone call from Christian Underwood.  He had some good news for me.”

Spike looks slightly confused, but very curious at the same time.

”Would you just get to the point already?  I let Jamie play for me down there, and Timmy is probably kicking my ass now.”

Misty laughs, but she could care less about the boys and their video games.

”Guess who just got added to the ‘Miracle Mile’ match at the NWA Super J-Cup?”

Spike points at Misty, and she nods her head, grinning widely once again.  

”You’re serious?  They actually allowed you to be entered into the match?”

”They sure did.  But, that’s not all.  This ‘Miracle Mile’ match will determine the final entrant in to the gauntlet match for the NWA Cruiserweight Title.  I’m the only woman booked in the entire show.  Spike, I could walk out of London as the NWA Cruiserweight Champion!”

”That’s awesome, but wait a minute…who are you facing?”

Misty bites her lip, hesitant on telling her very protective fiancée her first opponents.

”Well, there’s Lucian Frost…”

”Frost?  As in the SCW Roulette Champion, Lucian Frost?  That guy isn’t much bigger than you!”

Misty nods her head again, but holds her hand up, signaling there is more.

”There’s one more person in the match, Spike, and he’s not going to be an easy one to get past.  I have to figure out a way to beat Blade Alexander…”

Now Spike’s eyes widen in shock.  He balls up his fists, and his face starts turning a light shade of red.

”Blade Alexander?  Blade Alexander is going for the NWA Cruiserweight title?  You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Misty shakes her head.  She walks up and stands in front of Spike, trying to get him to relax.

”I wish I were, but I’m serious.  I don’t even know if he really wants the Cruiserweight Title, but apparently there was some miscommunication going on, and he got put into the mix.  Look on the bright side, though.  I’ll finally get an opportunity to show him up and show him just what I think of his constant obsession of talking trash about me.  I’ll actually get to fight the guy.  Can you imagine the bragging rights I’ll have if I beat him?”

Misty laughs, and even Spike can’t help but let a laugh escape.

”It’s not IF you beat him, but WHEN you beat him.  I gotta admit, I was hoping to kick his ass, but I think it’ll be that much sweeter when that ass kicking comes from you.”

”You’re damn right it will.  Blade has been a thorn in my side since day one, and I’m not going to let everything he has said about me slide.  I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect opponent in this first match then Blade Alexander.  I’ve watched him and I know exactly what to expect from him, which isn’t a whole lot.  He talks a lot of trash, but most of the time, he doesn’t back up his words.  He’s got a problem with me being a wrestler even though I have a family?  I’m going to show him that having a family won’t take away from my ability to beat his ass, then become the NWA Cruiserweight Champion.  This match won’t get here soon enough.”

Spike nods and smiles at his fiancee’s confidence.

”You know what to expect from Blade, but you have to make sure you know what to expect from the rest of the guys in the gauntlet match, too.  You’ve got to research them and find out what to expect from each and every one of those guys.”

”I know that, and I will.  I’m not going to make the mistake of going into either of these matches blind, Spike.  You know what makes this opportunity even better?  The fact that three days before the J-Cup, I’ll be bringing the Bombshell Title back home.  A few weeks ago we said NXT was going to be a golden stable, and it will.  After the J-Cup, I’ll have two title belts in my possession.  No one can stop me.  I’m not going to give up until I’m a double champion.”

”Hurry up, Bro!  Your son is kicking my ass down here!”

Jamie yells up the stairs, followed by Timmy’s laughing.

”I’m going with you to London, by the way.  There’s no way you’re going to do this without me there.”

”Like I’d let you stay home?  It’s going to be a big night for me, and for NXT.  The New X-Treme’s will be known as the dominant force in both SCW and NWA, and it all begins in London.  I can’t wait.”

Jamie and Timmy both yell up the stairs for Spike, causing Misty to roll her eyes.  

”Geez, just get your ass back down there already, Spike, before those two really get mad.  I swear, I shouldn’t have let you turn the basement into video game heaven.”

Spike laughs and shakes his head, but he turns around and disappears down into the basement, slamming the door behind him.  Misty shakes her head, as she turns around to finish cleaning up the kitchen.  Though she is pre-occupied with her current task, her mind is focused on one thing and one thing only…winning the NWA Cruiserweight Title.

Diary of a Mad Woman: Pt. 3

Wednesday February 8th

I still can’t believe this opportunity that I’ve been given.  I get to walk into London’s majestic Royal Albert Hall as an almost unknown face to most of the NWA.  I get to showcase my talent and skills for all of the NWA to see, and I couldn’t be more excited.  This is almost a once in a lifetime opportunity, and there was no way I was going to pass it up!  No chance in hell!

In the days leading up to the J-Cup, I will be one very busy woman.  SCW’s next supershow, Blaze of Glory takes place just three days before the J-Cup and I have a big title match during that show.  I finally get my shot at bringing the Bombshell title back home where it belongs.  It’s amazing, really.  In a span of three days, I have two opportunities to put two different titles around my waist.  TWO!  I’m ecstatic just thinking about it.

I know what to expect going into the Bombshell title match, but I know I have a fight ahead of me to win the NWA Cruiserweight title.  Does that mean that people should label me the underdog going into the J-Cup?  Not in my opinion.  Anyone in SCW will tell you that I’ve proven myself time after time.  The only difference going into the J-Cup is that I’ll be facing only men.  My first two opponents I am familiar with, so I have the advantage there.

Lucian Frost is SCW’s current Roulette Champion.  He has a lot of talent, I admit, but the fact that he’s not much bigger than I am, doesn’t make him a huge threat in my eyes.  But that doesn’t mean  I will underestimate him and get overly confident.  He’s very mysterious, but the fact that he is a current champion goes to show what he can bring to the match.  I’m looking forward to facing him, honestly.  

And then there is Blade Alexander. *laughs* Blade Alexander is a man who has been a pain in my ass from day one.  Everyone knows how opinionated he is.  We’ve all listened to him constantly run his mouth, throwing insults out to anyone and everyone, and quite honestly, it’s getting pretty damn old.  He needs some new material, and I think he secretly fantasizes about me or something.  

Why do I think that?  One simple reason.  I am the only Bombshell on the SCW roster that he chooses to insult or bring up in his little rants all the time.  He constantly talks about my “big ass”.  That right there proves something!  I mean, how can you tell I have a big ass if you aren’t paying attention to it?  Right?!  Come February 29th, I’ll show him just what this so-called big ass of mine can do, and when the jackass gets beat by a woman, we’ll see what he has to say.  

There is one thing that I don’t get, really.  Does Blade even WANT to be the NWA Cruiserweight champion?  He’s out for the top gold, so honestly, the Cruiserweight title is almost beneath him.  Then again, I could be wrong.  The guy is so cocky he won’t care what title is around his waist.  I really can’t wait to get into the ring against Blade Alexander.  If there is only thing that I’ve been dying to do, it’s fight Blade.  Wonder what he’ll have to say about having to face me.  He’ll guarantee a win, I’m sure.  That will be a big mistake.  I’m not afraid of him.  I’m also not going to guarantee or promise that I can beat him, either.  He’s a tough competitor, and I know I’ll have to put up a hell of a fight to beat him.  And I plan to.  

If and when I win this “Miracle Mile” match against Blade and Lucian, I’ll get the final spot in the Gauntlet for the NWA Cruiserweight title.  Seven other men are already in the gauntlet.  Six of them I am unfamiliar with, but I plan to do my research on them.  I’m going to scope out each and every one of them so I am prepared and I know what to expect from them.  I suggest they do the same for me, and I seriously hope that none of them make the mistake of underestimating me because I am a woman.  I’m just as capable as they are, and when I set my mind to something, I don’t give up until I achieve my goals.  I want the NWA Cruiserweight title around my waist, and I’m determined to get it.  I want my name to be remembered in NWA history, and if I walk out as the NWA Cruiserweight Champion, I’ll achieve that.  People will know me.  They will respect me.  

February 29th will be MY night.  Win or Lose…it will be a night that the NWA will never forget!

>