Author Topic: Taking off the kid gloves  (Read 2449 times)

Offline cashus_clay

• View Profile
    • Old Skool
Taking off the kid gloves
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »
 Old Skool was in his backyard getting into his rhythm listening to the music and kids about him as a few of them gasped and marveled at his strength while he trained. He focused on the music to keep himself in sync while doing arm curls.

He'd show off for the kids every now and again with one handed push ups and hand stands showing his agility from back in the day when he was a gymnast. Damn how time flies he thought remembering his early wrestling years when he was a luchador  wearing a mask and high flying (which he still does just not as fancy).

His thoughts were interrupted when his little brother the reporter came outside in back all frantic and excited at the same time. “You gotta see this! I was finishing up a story for the Review when I got a ping on that Damon dudes name. It was put up last night at some diner and its nearby too!” Joshua exclaims as Old Skool sits up on the bench straighter now putting down the weights to see what he has for him on Damon Synn in that touch cellie of his.

He frowns as he listens to the madmans ranting and smiles shaking his head. “No place on god’s green earth wants me for a king.” He muttered as the mono continued. So he thought he was just some thug and practioner of entertainment did he? What really got his attention was his eyes and if he needed to see anything else about this guy that was all he needed to see.

“This guy can act! If I didn’t know any better I would be scared shitless of that big mutha!” Joshua says  chuckling but stopping as his big brother is not. “Whats up dude?” Touching his shoulder to shake Old Skool out of his trance like attention.

Old Skool stands up and looks at the kids around on his fence and grits his teeth but can’t hold it back. “Get out of here right now I need privacy you’re all buggin the shit out of me ok!?” The children get quiet suddenly shocked at his outburst and start disappearing as fast as they had appeared. “Yo dog come on they’re just curious -” Old Skool swung around on his brother as if to strike him but just stared. “This is my life on the line and he’s serious Joshua… as a heart attack! Remember those guys that went to the hospital? Matt played them low key and is most likely paying serious doctor bills right now! Those poor bastards got destroyed by that very guy who promises to end my career.” He says as he starts to pace for a bit while his brother takes in everything he just heard.

His little brother looks up to him before standing and getting in his way. “I know what you’re thinking! NO! You can’t do it or you go to jail Skool.” Old  Skool looked at his brother, really looked athim and placed a hand on the shorter guys head like a kid. “Had I gone into a match with him, here? Right now as I am? His promise of my destruction would have come true. I don’t have a choice! This man speaks with true clarity on the reality be believes in with all his heart. He‘s almost religious in it. Do you understand? Devoted to it!” Old Skool looks up at the sky though cloudy he se where the sun is hiding and closes his eyes thinking of the mistake he might have made and sighs deeply. “I have to be that guy again…I won’t survive as I am now, you have to know that. I’ll wait a few days from the match then stop taking my meds.” He says as his brother looks at him in horror. “Skool the military will pick you up! They will know you’re of your regime and put yo ass in Levenworth!” He screams into Old Skool’s face, the color leaving his own face while doing so. He pushes Joshua aside saying nothing more as he goes back to lifting weights.

“Everyday was a battle for us… remember? Us against the world, you remember that?” His eyes shifting looking to his brother who simply nods. “The big guys always wanted to show they were the more powerful, and in charge when we were little. I’m a grown ass man now but nothings changed the big want to dominate and I just won‘t let that happen... Even if it means being that monster my self. Blame the military they wanted a soldier and they got one hell of a dream come true until I was no long useable for their tactics in war. Everything is push button and remote controls, but you can’t contain a soulless warrior who craves bloodlust… nothing in life can prepare you for it."

“So I’m going to say this once and one time. Just because I don’t fear death doesn’t mean I want to die, you want stupid watch all those gun-ho last action heroes crap on TV and the movies then join a war with real guns and real knives and real killing and see how you feel later when you get back to me…IF you get back that is. You will say nothing to anyone they’ll know when I get in the ring and they will know after I leave the ring of my own power and no one carrying me out. I am who I say I am because  don’t back down and I don’t run…EVER! Besides would you prefer a live brother feeding him through a tube for the rest of his life?” Trying at humor but failing as he didn't even see the humor in it himself.

With that he stopped talking, his brother getting the hint and leave far less noisily than his arrived. Old Skool knows the score now and his only instinct  is reverting back to survival 101. This isn’t some horror movies but their was going to be blood shed and there will be two monsters not one.