Author Topic: Taking What is Rightfully Mine  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Taking What is Rightfully Mine
« on: January 26, 2012, 08:44:15 PM »

Friday, January 27th, 2012

The scene fades into a shot of the outside of the Los Angeles home of Nick Jones.  It then cuts inside of the bedroom, where Nick and his girlfriend, Diana, are seen laying in bed.  After the two lay there quietly for a few moments, Diana speaks up.

Diana:  Listen honey, it's not that I don't love having the comfort of our own bed, but don't you have a match on Sunday?

Nick:  Yeah, against that loser Blake, or whatever his name is... why?

Diana:  Well where is the show this week?  It's not for SCW is it?

Nick:  Yeah, it's the big show for that NeWA group SCW is part. We're hosting the show though, so it's still going to be back in Vegas this week.

Diana:  Ok, and while I know it's not that far, don't you think we should be getting out to Vegas?

Nick:  Not yet.

Diana:  Why not?

Nick:  I've got a meeting I need to take care of in town first.

Diana:  You do?  You didn't tell me about this, what is it?

Nick:  Me and Jimmy are going to meet with the publishers for this book contract I signed.  Apparently they want to meet and talk some things over before I get started, just make sure we're all on the same page.  You know how it is.

Diana:  Oh, that's great.  But aren't you a little worried we're running short on time?  It's already Friday.

Nick:  Nah, it'll be fine.  The meeting is today.  As soon as it's done I'll come back here and we'll hit the road for Vegas.

Diana:  Ok, that should work.  What time is the meeting?

Nick:  It's at two o'clock.

Diana seems puzzled for a moment as she leans over and looks at the clock sitting on the nightstand next to their bed.

Diana:  Um... Nick?

Nick:  Yeah, babe?

Diana:  It's already one thirty.

Nick immediately sits straight up with a look of shock on his face.  He reaches right over Diana and grabs the clock sitting on the nightstand and pulls it closer, staring at it for just a moment.  Nick then immediately throws the clock down, leaps right over Diana off of the bed and sprints straight toward the bathroom.  A moment later, the running water of the shower can be heard kicking on, as Diana calls out after Nick.

Diana:  Do you really think you have time for that?  Just get dressed.

Nick's head comes popping out of the bathroom door for just a moment to respond.

Nick:  I get what you're saying, but there's no way I'm going to head to this meeting unshowered after we... ya know.

Nick then disappears back into the bathroom, closing the door behind him, as Diana just nods in understanding.  Diana sits there for a moment just waiting, when suddenly a smile comes across her face.  Diana gets up and walks over to the bathroom door.  She slowly and quietly creeps it open, sneaks in through the small slit that she's opened it and closes it behind her.  After a moment goes by, the voice of Nick can be heard screaming from inside of the bathroom.

Nick:  NOT NOW!!

A moment later, the door opens back up and Diana walks out with a bit of a pout on her face and plops back down into bed.  After a couple of minutes, the sound of running water comes to a stop and is immediately followed by the sound of lots of hustling around going on in the bathroom.  A minute later the door opens back up and out runs Nick wearing nothing but a towel and completely dripping wet as he makes a dash straight for his walk-in closet.

Diana:  You might want to be careful running around soaking wet.  These are hardwood floors and you might...

At just that moment, a crashing sound is heard from inside of the closet followed immediately be a scream from Nick.

Nick:  OW!  DAMNIT!!

Diana: ... slip.

A few moments later, Nick comes out, still somewhat wet but now clothed in a full suit, parts of it which has water already soaking through, as he runs his towel over his face and through his hair.

Diana:  Can't you just call them and tell them you're running a little late?

Nick stops and thinks about it a moment and then looks at Diana.

Nick:  Considering I already spent that sign-on bonus they gave me, which they can ask for back if I don't fulfill the terms of the contract, I'm thinking I need to get my ass over there.

Diana's tone immediately changes once Nick points out there's money involved in this whole situation.

Diana:  Well then what the hell are you standing here talking to me for?  Get your ass moving!

Nick quickly takes the advice and dashes back into the bathroom.  A few things are heard shuffling around in the bathroom as Nick finishes getting ready.  The sound of a hair dryer then comes on and moments later, Nick walks out of the bathroom with the portable hair dryer still going, alternating between actually drying his hair while also trying to dry his clothes, while also running a comb through his way.  He finishes up and just tosses everything in his hands onto a chair in the bedroom.  At that moment Diana reaches over onto the nightstand and grabs Nick's wallet, keys and cell phone, tossing all three items over to them.  Nick catches them all and puts them into separate pockets.

Nick:  Thanks babe, time to seal this deal and start hauling in the big money.  Wish me luck.

Nick leans over and gives Diana a quick kiss before turning and running out of the room before Diana can even get her response out.

Diana:  Good luck!

A moment later the front door can be heard slamming shut behind Nick and right after that, the sound of Nick's car turning over and the screeching of tires as he goes flying away from the house to head to his meeting.  Diana sits there for a moment thinking before she talks to herself.

Diana:  Well Nick's going to go get us some more money... about damn time.  But what the hell am I supposed to do in the mean time?  I guess I can just go take a shower by myself.  How boring.

Diana lets out a sigh before getting up and heading to the bathroom as the scene fades out.

<hr width=50%>

15 minutes later...

The scene fades in to outside of an office building in downtown LA.  Standing out in front is Nick's personal agent, Jimmy Mason, and his cousin, Bernard "Big B" Jones.  Jimmy is seen pacing around back and forth, constantly checking his watch again and again and looking around.  He then turns around to Big B and speaks, in a rather annoyed tone.

Jimmy:  Where the hell is he!?

Just then, the sound of screeching tires can be heard and Jimmy spins around just in time to see Nick's car come to a screeching halt right in front of the building.  Nick comes jumping out of the car and runs up the walkway to the door.  He goes to say something to Jimmy but before he even can, Big B interrupts him.

Big B:  You know your car is going to get towed if you keep it there.

Nick:  Good point, you better go move it.

Nick then tosses his keys right into the hands of B.

Big B:  But I was going to...

Nick:  Just go do it!!

B turns away with a frown on his face as he walks towards the car.  As he gets out of earshot, Nick turns to Jimmy.

Nick:  Good, I didn't want that idiot in the meeting with us anyway.

Jimmy:  Where the hell have you been?!?

Nick:  Sorry, I was... busy.  Whatever, it doesn't matter, I'm here and the meeting hasn't started yet.

Jimmy:  It's supposed to start in TWO minutes.  Let's move your ass, we have to get upstairs.

Jimmy and Nick turn and walk into the building and go straight up to the elevator.  They get on and Jimmy hits the button for the floor they are going to.  The elevator starts to rise and after a few moments of silence, Nick turns to Jimmy.

Nick:  I was in a bit of a rush, how do I look?

Jimmy turns to Nick with an annoyed look on his face and seems as thought he's about to respond, but then stops for a moment, takes a deep breath and replaces the look on his face with a smile.  He then gets himself into classic "Jimmy Money" mode before responding.

Jimmy:  Baby, you look MONEY baby!

Nick:  Good... let's go kill this thing.

Jimmy and Nick give a quick high-five as they get to their floor and the door opens.  The two get out and walk straight up to the reception area.  Jimmy immediately walks up to the receptionist to speak.

Jimmy:  Hey baby, how you doing?  It's Jimmy Mason and Nick Jones for Bobby Phillips, we have a meeting scheduled for 2.

Receptionist:  Ok, if you two could just take a seat, I'll call Mr. Phillips and let him you are here.  He will be with you as soon as he's ready.

Jimmy:  Thanks, baby.

The receptionist seems rather taken back by the repeated "baby" comments, but both Jimmy and Nick seem oblivious as they go and take a seat in the waiting area as the scene fades out.

<hr width=50%>

45 minutes later...

The scene fades back in to the waiting area of the same publishing company where we last left Nick and Jimmy.  All of this time later, the two are still seated in the waiting area.  Jimmy seems to be otherwise occupying himself, as he has a portfolio open with some paperwork laid out while also typing away on his cell phone.  Nick on the other hand, seems to have no interest in doing anything else, or even being there at all.  Nick sits, slouched in his chair, arms folded across his chest wearing a sour look on his face.  After a few moments, a set of glass doors across the room opens up and out steps a middle-aged gentleman, dressed in an expensive looking suit.  He walks over to the receptionist and speaks to her a moment, but what he said can't be heard.  However, her response involves a gesture in the direction of Nick and Jimmy, which indicates who he likely is.  Nick sits up in his chair, watching intently, although seeming no more pleased by the situation.  After a moment, the man leaves the reception area and heads straight over towards Nick and Jimmy.  As he approaches, Nick slowly stands up from his seat, moving no closer to the man.  Nick's standing grabs Nick's attention, who quickly closes up what he's working on and hops out of his seat.  A quick look over at Nick and realizing his mood causes Jimmy to quickly take a step up to meet the man before he gets all the way over to them.  The man quickly reaches out his hand to shake with Jimmy and introduces himself.

Robert:  Hi gentlemen, so sorry to keep you waiting, it's been a crazy day for me.  It's good to see you again Mr. Mason.  And you must be Mr. Jones.

Robert says this as he looks past Jimmy to Nick, who is standing right behind him.  Robert extends his hand out, reaching past Jimmy towards Nick.

Robert:  It's great to finally meet you.

Nick:  Yeah, finally indeed.  It sure as h...

Jimmy quickly cuts Nick off, throwing his arm around Robert while talking right over him.

Jimmy:  Bobby, baby... don't worry about the wait, we were more than happy to do it.  We're just be glad to be here.  I'm happy to see you again, Nicky's thrilled to finally meet you, it's all just great, baby.  Let's get this thing rolling.

Robert seems to ignore Jimmy's over-the-top antics, as he seems to have gotten used to it by now from their past meetings.  Robert walks over to the double glass doors he came out from earlier and quickly swipes a card.  He then opens the door and holds it, as he looks back at Nick and Jimmy.

Robert:  Right this way, gentlemen.

Jimmy walks through the door first, and immediately turns to Robert as he goes through.

Jimmy:  Thanks.

Nick follows right behind Jimmy, and doesn't even look at Robert, walking right past him and not saying a word.  Robert follows the two in, the door closing behind him.  He then leads the way as they all walk down a hallway, eventually turning into an office with Robert's name on the door.  Robert sits behind the desk, as Jimmy and Nick each take a seat in the chairs setup on the other side.  Nick resumes his same position from in the waiting room, clearly not very happy with the situation.  Robert however, is either completely unaware or purposefully ignoring it, as he immediately starts things off.

Robert:  Thanks again for coming out today gentlemen.  I think me and Mr. Mason here have worked out a lot of the details, I just thought it would be good if we could all have a quick sit-down before Mr. Jones gets started on writing so we can make sure we're all on the same page.  How does that sound to you two?

Jimmy:  Bobby, baby, it sounds great.  This whole thing is beautiful, and it's going to make us all a whole lot of money.  Ain't that right, Nicky?

Nick:  Yeah, sure.

Robert:  Well I'm glad to hear you say that.  I'll be honest, when this opportunity first came across my desk, I wasn't quite sure what to think about it.  I mean this whole "professional wrestler" autobiography thing seemed to get run into the ground years ago.  Same old story of some loser kid, idolizing wrestlers when he was little, going through the supposedly rough and tumble training process, starting off to work through these little garbage dumps before finally making it to the big times.  It was interesting the first few times, but after a while it's just the same crap over and over again.  But when I really looked into it, your story really is unique in almost every way.

Jimmy:  That's right... my man Nicky here ain't like everybody else, he was a superstar from day one baby, and who else can say that?

Robert:  I absolutely agree, it's really amazing, because it's almost like his story is the exact inverse of every other one we've heard of before.

This last comment clearly seems to get Nick's attention as he sits up in his seat and gets an inquisitive look on his face for a moment before chiming in.

Nick:  And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Robert:  Well for starters, wrestling hasn't been your life, it was something you could never care less about, you got into it based on a bet with some guy in a bar, who you were making fun of for being a wrestler.  Then that guy went to become one of the biggest names in the business.  You can't make this stuff up.  Then just like Mr. Mason here just said, you seemed to start right at the top.  You made your debut in one of the World's biggest companies, got yourself a title in rather short order, became a World Champion not long after that, and found yourself swimming in a fortune.  It was only after that you seemed to go through what is usually the beginning of most of these other guys careers.

That last statement clearly got back to the point that caught Nick's attention earlier, as it now gets him to lean forward in his seat, staring down across the desk at the publishing executive.

Nick:  What would that be?

Robert:  Well you know what I'm talking about, what you've got going on now.  You're broke, you disappeared for years, and now you're off wrestling in a bunch of filthy holes in the dumps of Vegas.

Finally getting the information he was looking for, Nick immediately stands up out of his seat.  Jimmy goes to stand as well, clearly in an attempt to stop Nick, but Nick quickly just shoves Jimmy right back into his seat, without ever turning his head in Jimmy's direction.  Nick then leans over, putting his hands onto Robert's desk as he stares into his eyes and speaks in a very angry, definitive tone.

Nick:  Do you understand who the hell you're talking to?  I'm the biggest star this business has ever seen!  I'm the #1 Contender to the SCW Championship, a belt that should already be mine.  I'm a former WORLD Champion.

Robert:  And don't take this the wrong way, but that's the whole point... FORMER.  This SCW isn't some big-time global setup like you were in with GXW, now you're working in some little no-name independent hole in the ground out in Vegas.  What do you expect the readers to think of that?

Nick:  If they're not as stupid as you, they'll know I went to where I needed to go to prove I'm still the best, and smack around those same losers who thought they were better than me all of those years ago.  Let me tell you something, do you know where I'm going to be two days from now?

Robert:  I don't know... where?

Nick:  I'm going to be smacking around some little punk named Blake...

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby... it's Blade.

Nick turns to Jimmy for just one moment.

Nick:  Shutup.

Nick turns back to Robert and continues

Nick:  I'll be smacking him around on a national stage, for one of the biggest wrestling events of the year, headlining NeWA Wrestle Classic 2012, and claiming MY SCW Championship.

Robert:  NeWA, huh?  Well I suppose that's not too bad.  That can definitely work in as a turnaround to finish off the book, the beginning of your accession from the depths.  I like it.

Nick:  Well isn't that just lovely.  I'm so glad you like it.  Maybe in the future, you should shut your damn mouth and have a clue what you're talking about.  Any time I decided it was worth my effort to step into this ring, I have.  And every one of those times, I've proven over and over, I'm the best.

Robert:  I completely understand, and I'm sorry if anything I said offended you.  I certainly didn't mean it as a criticism of you, I just think what has gone on in your career tells a great story about your life that everyone should get to hear, even if that includes some not-so-great moments.  But the best part of all, as you've made pretty clear, is we'll get to finish this thing on a high note.  I just hope there's no hard feelings

Nick things over regarding Robert's last comments, and stands back up straight backing away for the desk and seems to become a bit more relaxed, before sitting back down in his chair to finish the meeting.

Nick:  Alright, fine.  No reason we can't make this all work, and make lots of money in the process.

Robert:  Ok, great.  I just have one question for you about this big match you've got in a couple of days.  Are you scheduled to win, or what?

Nick's face turns bright red and he starts to tremble with rage.

Nick:  Excuse me?!?  What the f...

Nick was rising out of his chair as he spoke, but Jimmy quickly pops up and pushes him back into his seat, and quickly cuts off Nick, leaning over the desk of Robert Phillips and quickly addressing him.

Jimmy:  Bobby, baby... it's been great, I think we really worked some stuff out here, but me and Nicky here need to be hitting the road.  We'll talk.

Jimmy quickly reaches across and shakes his hand, before turning and grabbing Nick by the arm and pulling him out of the office.  Nick, clearly easily able to out-power Jimmy if he so chose, just stares daggers at Robert while allowing Jimmy to push him out, clearly knowing better than to do what he really wants.  As they get out of the office, Nick pushes Jimmy off of him, but continues to follow him out towards the exit.

Nick:  That son of a bitch is lucky there's so much money on the line, or I would have thrown that dipshit right out the damn window.

Jimmy:  Nicky, baby, that's all you've got to remember... LOTS of money.

Nick:  Yeah, well if this shit keeps up, they better make it even more.

Nick keeps walking while Jimmy stops for a moment at those words, realizing how much more difficult his job could be.  He eventually shakes it off, clearly not trying to think about it before chasing to catch up with Nick as the scene fades out.

<hr width=50%>

Saturday, January 28th, 2012

The scene fades into a room at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.  More specifically, it seems to be the room of Nick Jones and the Entourage.  The room is currently filled with the normal crew doing their normal thing, as Tony, Jimmy and Big B sit watching TV, and Max is dug deep into his ledger with his calculator at his side.  The only thing different is Diana, who is currently pacing back and forth around the room.  Meanwhile, Nick is nowhere to be found. Although that quickly changes, as the door swings open and in walks Nick Jones himself.  While everyone else continues what they were doing, Diana immediately stops and turns to Nick, starting to talk to him a tone that seems to be a mix of annoyance and relief.

Diana:  Nick, where have you been?  You dropped me off an hour again at the front to go park the car.  What took you so long to get up there?

Nick:  I just took a quick detour to go and make a little... wager.

Diana:  A wager?  Are you kidding me?  I thought we talked about this, you said you weren't going to be doing this anymore.

Upon hearing the comments on a wager, Max's attention is immediately drawn, and he jumps right into the conversation.

Max:  Oh gawd, we don't have this kind of money to be wasting!

Nick:  Wasting?  It's not a waste.  Don't sorry, this bet is a sure thing.

Diana:  How do you figure, what did you bet on?

Nick hesitates for a moment before a big smirk comes across his face.

Nick:  The surest bet there is... ME!!

Max:  OH GAWD!!

Nick turns to Max with an unhappy expression on his face.

Nick:  Will you shut up?  Trust me, this win is in the bag.  And WHEN I win it and go to collect, we're going to be in great shape.

Diana:  How do you figure that?

Max:  She's right, there's just not much money to even invest in that wager, even if it really is a sure thing.  We have already spent almost all of your sign-on bonus on back debt.  We're in pretty good shape now, but there's not a lot of extra money around.  Whatever you bet, it couldn't be enough to make a significant difference, right?

Nick seems hesitant to answer, and seems to be pondering how to respond for a moment.

Nick:  Well... that's not ENTIRELY accurate.

Diana:  What the hell does that mean?

Nick:  It means, the wager I made could make a huge difference.

Max:  Well that's great!  But how is that possible with such a small amount to bet?

Nick:  It turns out isn't such a small amount that was bet.  I dipped into my own personal stash a bit, and managed to get a little extra on top of that.

Max:  A little extra?  From where?  Why didn't I know about this extra money?

Nick:  Well it wasn't around before today, because you see... I took out a loan with the casino.  And I bet it all.

Max:  OH GAWD!!!

Nick:  Oh, give it a rest.  The loan is no problem, the match is tomorrow, I'll collect my big time winnings pay it off after a day, and we'll be golden.  Trust me guys, it's going to be fine.

Max:  But what if you lose?  We'll be in worse shape than ever!

Nick:  Well then I guess it's a good thing I'm not going to lose, huh?  That is my belt they're keeping from me, and there's not a damn thing in this world that can stop it from ending up around my waste.  So I figure, if I KNOW I'm going to be taking that title home, why not bring home a bundle of cash along with it?

Diana:  I sure hope you know what you're doing.

Nick:  It's in the bag, honey.  Don't ever worry about it.

Diana:  How much of a loan did you take out anyway?

Max:  Yeah, how much?  I need to account for it in  my ledger.

Nick looks at the both of them, and grins before leaning over to Diana, and whispering something in her ear.  She says not a word in response, but her eyes go completely wide upon hearing what Nick has to say.  Nick then pulls away smiling before giving her a quick peck on the cheek and walking off into the bedroom.  Diana is then left standing there for a moment, with Max looking at her.

Max:  Well, what did he say?

Diana shakes off her apparent shock and looks over at Max, clearly unsure of what to say.  At that moment, she then glances down at her wrist, which currently has nothing on it.

Diana:  Oh would you look at the time, I really have to run!

Diana then quickly turns and runs straight out the door.  However, it just so happens that the door she runs to is the bedroom door, which she quickly slams shut behind her, and the sound of the lock clicking is heard.  Max seems confused, but any doubt is erased when the sound of a screaming voice is heard from the other side.

Diana:  ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?!?

The sound of Nick's laughter quickly follows as Max nervously stares at the outside of that door as the scene fades.

<hr width = 50%>

Sunday, January 29th, 2012

The scene opens up backstage at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Standing by in the interview area is Nick Jones along with SCW Head Reporter Pussy Willow.

PW:  Hi, this is Pussy Willow standing backstage at the MGM Grand Garden Arena with Nick Jones.  Nick, before I head out to Henderson for tonight's Climax Control, I was just hoping to get a few thoughts from you.  Tonight, you face Blade Alexander to fill the vacant SCW Heavyweight Championship.  Can you tell me your thoughts?

Nick:  Well I think it should be pretty clear at this point.  You're not a dumb girl, you've seen the same things I have.  This belt by all rights should be mine.  I'm the only person in this company who's done anything to deserve it.  I rightfully earned my place, defeating a man in the ring one on one, not like our old buddy JT who had his opponent basically pin himself in order to get the title, or this guy I'm facing tonight who hasn't done a damn thing to earn this opportunity.  Let's not forget, the only reason this title is even vacant is because of me.  It's vacant because JT Underwood was too scared to step into the ring with me.

PW:  I'm not sure that's actually accurate.

Nick:  Of course it's accurate.  What other possible reason would there be for him and his buddy Matt to run off just after they made the worse decision of their lives, pissing me off?

PW:  Well it was made pretty clear at the time that there were some personal issues...

Nick:  Blah, blah, blah. Nothing but a load of excuses.  The only personal issues they had was wetting their pants at the thought of having to face me.  The bottom line is this title should already be mine, but I'll go through the formality that they're making me go through tonight.  If they want to make sure I really "earn it", as if I haven't already, then whatever makes them happy, but nothing they do is going to step the inevitable from happening.  In the end, I will be SCW Champion.  Although for all the hoops I've had to jump through, my question to you is, what's the deal with this Blake guy anyway?

PW:  Actually his name is Blade, with a D.  Blade Alexander.

Nick:  Oh, like I really give a crap.  The real question is, what the hell has he done exactly to earn a title shot?

PW:  Well he...

Nick:  Is he the number one contender?

PW:  No, but...

Nick:  Is there even a number contender?

PW:  Of course, it's...

Nick:  There is?!?  No kidding!  Who exactly is that again?

PW:  Well you are the...

Nick:  ME?!?  Oh, that's right.  I went out there and EARNED myself this title shot by winning a match for the number one contenders spot.  What happens next?  Well our brave little champion runs away because he's too scared to face me.  Now instead of me having the title which is rightfully mine, some complete nobody just gets handed the very shot which I proved to SCW and the entire world was rightfully mine, without doing a damn thing for it.

PW:  Blade has actually...

Nick:  Listen honey, I know you're doing your best to try to "tow the company line" and all, but I can see it in your eyes, you don't believe any of this nonsense you're trying to spew.  You know, just as I do, that the belt should already be around this waste and by the time this night is over, it will be.  And you know, to remind you of a little message in my entrance music, it's not bragging if...

Nick puts a finger up, stopping himself mid-sentence, before continuing with much greater emphasis.

Nick: ... no, WHEN, I back it up.  Sweetheart, you're about to find out I'm not cocky... I'm just the best.

Nick turns and walks away, leaving Pussy Willow standing there, never really giving her the opportunity to ask her questions, as she watches kind of stunned for a moment, before the scene fades out.
>