Author Topic: A Trip to the Pet Store...and some payback  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
A Trip to the Pet Store...and some payback
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
 The events from Sunday’s Climax Control have given The Seven Deadly Sins quite a lot to think about.  The notorious teddy bear masochist returned, sending cryptic messages to every active member of the Sins.  Not only that, but Rage sent out a warning to Sean Williams, and it was announced that Rage and Jamie Staggs would be defending their Tag Team Championships against Sean Williams and Wyatt Peterson.  Rage would finally get his hands on Sean and make him suffer for attacking him two weeks ago.

Rage is at Synn and Despayre’s home, expecting to find Sean Williams there spending time with Synn.  He wouldn’t dare start a fight in Synn’s home (ok, maybe he would but he’d try NOT to \'tongue.gif\'), but he would definitely have a few more choice words for Sean as well as a stern warning or two.  Sean had chosen to remain hidden and quiet last week, only proving in Rage’s mind just what he is…a coward.  A coward that will be taken out of action this Sunday on the next edition of Climax Control.

Rage is seated on one of the sofas in Synn’s living room.  He has his arms folded across his chest and, as usual, a pissed off look on his face.  Shane walks in from the kitchen, and takes a seat on the other sofa.  Rage doesn’t even seem to notice Shane.

“Hey, big man, you still with us over there?” Shane asks, snapping his fingers in an attempt to get Rage’s attention.

Rage moves his eyes, and looks at Shane. “Where else would I be?  I’ve just got a lot of sh*t on my mind at the moment.”

Shane nods. “We all do, mate, but I think the problem you’re focusing on is Sean.  You want him to walk through that front door so you can keep him from making it to the match on Sunday.”

Rage lets a slight laugh escape, then shakes his head.

“As true as that might be, Shane, I’m not stupid, and I don’t think Sean is that stupid, either.  He wasn’t very smart when he hit me over the head with my tag title belt, but he’s too much of a coward to show up here when he knows I’ve got a serious beating to unleash on him.”

“It doesn’t sound to me like he’s being a coward.  Hell if I had a monster like you gunning for me, I’d probably hide, too.” Shane replies.

“Yeah you’d probably hide simply because you don’t want any harm to come to that so-called perfect physique of yours.” Rage responds with a roll of his eyes.

“It’s not so-called perfect, Rage.  It is perfect.”

Rage laughs again. “Whatever.  I’ve got more important things to worry about than that.”

“Don’t forget about Wyatt Peterson.” Shane adds.

“I’m not worried about Wyatt.  Jamie can take care of Wyatt while I handle that little pissant, Sean.” Rage growls back.

“Wyatt is considerably larger than Jamie.  You sure that’s the best idea?  You have to help your partner out if you want to keep those tag titles around your waists.”

Rage gives Shane an evil look.  “Trust me when I say Jamie can handle himself.  I’m sure he’d rather take the challenge of going after Wyatt anyway.  I plan on making it very clear to him that I’ll take care of Sean.”

“I have to admit, I find it odd that you haven’t kicked Jamie’s arse yet.” Shane says.

“He hasn’t done anything to really warrant an ass kicking from me.”

“Oh no?  Not even when he played one of his pranks on you and covered you in chicken feathers?”  Shane replies with a laugh.

Rage doesn’t return the laugh.  “No, I have something else planned to get that dumbass back for what he did.  As long as we’re tag team champions, I’m not going to kick his ass for his stupidity.”

Before Shane can respond, Despayre comes running downstairs holding Angel.  He looks at Rage excitedly.

“I’m ready to go!” He says excitedly.  

Rage looks at him, confused.  “Uh, go where?”

“You’re taking me to the pet store today.”

Rage shakes his head, as Shane looks on cracking a smile, almost laughing.

“You don’t have any pets.  Why would you need to go to the pet store?” Rage questions, trying not to sound too annoyed.

“He spotted the pet store on the way home the other day, and he’s been begging to go ever since.”  Shane says.  Rage looks at him, still confused.

“I’m not taking him to the pet store.  I don’t like animals.” Rage says, looking at Despayre and Angel.

“Angel says you will.”  Despayre states with a smile.

Rage shakes his head and laughs. “Well, Angel is wrong.  I’m not taking you.”

Despayre shakes his head vehemently. “Angel is never wrong.”

Rage looks over to Shane, who shrugs his shoulders and holds in his laughter.

“Ok, fine.  I’ll tell you what.  IF you can get into my locked car, without the alarm going off, I’ll take you.” Rage grins, thinking he won.  And he claims he’s not stupid.  HA!

“Okay!” Despayre says with a grin, before he takes off out the front door.  

Rage sits there with a smile, as Shane looks at him, shaking his head, now laughing.

“What?” Rage asks.

“You do remember he was able to break into Gabriel’s two million dollar car, don’t you?  Yours should be a piece of cake compared to Gabriel’s!”

Rage growls and rolls his eyes.  He jumps up and storms out front, Shane following behind him.  When they get outside, they see Despayre sitting in the back seat of Rage’s shiny new Cadillac Escalade, already buckled in, smiling excitedly.

“How the hell…” He can’t even find the words to say, as Shane puts a hand on his shoulder and laughs again.

“You sure you’re not stupid, mate?  Never underestimate him…or Angel.”

Rage yanks his shoulder away, mumbling under his breath.  He takes his keys out of his pocket, then turns to look at Shane.

“You’re going with.  I’m not going to be left alone with him, especially not in a pet store.” Rage orders as he points to the passenger’s side of his escalade.  Shane shrugs, but doesn’t try to protest as he walks around the car.

“Fine by me.  I’ll get to witness first hand how you act spending some time with him, but you better let Synn know we’re going.  Rage shakes his head, turns around and heads back inside.  As Shane gets into Rage’s escalade, Despayre can be seen moving around excitedly in the backseat, and Shane laughs.

A short while later, the scene opens up in the parking lot of the local pet store.  Despayre wastes no time and bolts out of Rage’s car, running for the entrance to the store.  Rage and Shane follow behind.  Business inside the store is fairly quiet today.  Besides the three employees working their shifts, the only other people in the store are an older woman with three teenagers.

The pet store offers a wide variety of animals one can choose from to find their perfect pet.  From exotic birds, to small animals such as hamsters, guinea pigs, bunnies and ferrets, this pet store has it all.  They even offer a small selection of puppies, and if they are lucky, some kittens.  

When Rage and Shane walk inside in search of Despayre, they find him looking around excitedly at every animal the store has, then holding Angel up to see them also.  The store employees greet the three kindly, offering any assistance should they need it.  

“You don’t have any snakes, do you?” Shane asks just as Despayre looks at him, a nervous expression appearing on his face.

“We only have a couple at the moment.  They are in the back of the store by the fish department if you’d like to go see them.”  The female employee responds, pointing toward the back of the store.

“No, thanks.  I was only asking because one of us is terrified of snakes.” Shane motions his head in Despayre’s direction, but he is back to looking at all the animals.  Rage keeps a close eye on him as he slowly makes his way around the store.  

The older woman in the store can be heard in one of the store’s playrooms, having asked to play with the Siberian Husky puppy they have for sale.  Rage can’t help but notice the woman’s attitude, even hearing a few “f-bombs”.  The woman walks out of the playroom, stopping one of the employees.

“Excuse me,” she says with an overall attitude that is less than pleasant. “Do you have any other toys other than this tug-of-war thing that we can use?  She’s biting the shit out of us.”

“Absolutely.  I apologize that she’s teething so bad at the moment, but I’ll go grab a couple more toys for her to play with.”  The employee agrees as she walks off toward the door to their kennels.  The woman follows behind her, even walking into the back with her, though the door is clearly marked “employees only.”  Rage shakes his head and watches as the employee hands the woman two more toys.

A few feet down from the playrooms, Despayre is seen kneeling down by the large cage that holds one lone kitten.  An orange and white one.  He opens the cage to pet the kitten, as Rage and Shane walk up to him, along with the female employee Shane had asked about the snakes earlier.  

“Oh, I’d be careful, sir.”  The employee warns.  “The guy there…bites.”  

She is suddenly shocked as the kitten walks into Despayre’s arms, rubbing his head against Despayre.  Despayre gently pets the kitten, and the group can almost hear the kitten purring loudly.

“That’s…amazing.”  She says. “We haven’t been able to find a home for that kitten yet because he bites or scratches every person who plays with him.  Even the employees have a hard time so much as feeding him without getting a war wound.”

Rage and Shane watch as Despayre plays with the kitten, but he doesn’t receive even the smallest of scratches from the kitten.  Rage thinks for a moment, then a wide grin appears on his face and he looks to Shane.

“Hey, Shane…you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“If you’re thinking about buying him that cat, then I might be.  Synn won’t be happy about it, though.”  Shane replies.

“Exactly.”  Rage grins.  Despayre then walks up to him, holding Angel in one arm, and the kitten in another.

“Angel said you’re going to buy him for me.”  

Rage, surprisingly, tries to pet the kitten.  However, when he does so, the kitten swats at him, claws out, then bites him.  Rage yanks his hand away, as Despayre and Shane both laugh.

“Ow!  The little bugger bit me!” Rage yelps, checking his hand to make sure he’s not bleeding.  Shane looks at him curiously.

“Did you just say ‘bugger’?” He asks, trying not to laugh again.  Rage looks at him, thinking for a second before growling.

“Ah, shit.  I’ve been hanging around you too long.”  He  reluctantly admits.  

“Swear jar!” Despayre says as he walks off with the kitten.  

Rage looks to the employee. “Well, I guess that means we’re taking the little devil.”

The employee gets an excited look on her face, as she leads the trio up to the register.  As they are walking past the playrooms, the older woman who was playing with the Siberian Husky puppy is seen shoving the puppy into the arms of another employee, along with the toys.  

“Just so you know, she has a severe teething problem.  She kept biting us.” She snaps at the employee.  Before the employee can attempt to apologize, Rage interrupts, glaring at the lady.

“Lady, did you stop to think that maybe the dog bit you because she just doesn’t like you?  Stupid bitch, they already told you she had a teething problem.”

The woman’s mouth drops open, shocked Rage would even get involved.  The employee is just as surprised, but she turns and walks away to put the puppy back in its kennel.  The employee at the front register then helps Rage find the various supplies they will need for Despayre’s new kitten, as Despayre skips around the store more excited then before.

Rage’s Escalade once again pulls up into Synn’s driveway.  Despayre gets out of the backseat, carefully holding the kitten and Angel.  Rage grabs the bags of supplies out of the back, then he and Shane follow Despayre inside.  When they walk in the front door, Synn is seated in one of the chairs while Gabriel and Fantasia are each on one of the sofas.  Synn spots the kitten in Despayre’s arms, then immediately turns his attention to Rage.

“What…is that?” Synn points to the kitten.  Rage grins wickedly and Shane walks over and takes a seat next to Fantasia.

“It looks like a kitten.  It meows…and purrs.” Rage says as he sets the bags of supplies down on the floor next to him.  

“I can see that.  What I should have asked is why is it here?”

“It bit Rage.” Despayre chimes in with a grin.  The kitten just remains in his grasp, purring loudly.  Gabriel lets out a laugh, as does Fantasia.

“It’s true.” Shane adds. “I witnessed it.”

“Look, that thing attached itself to him.  The chick at the store said it would attack everyone else, so apparently, it’s meant to be Despayre’s pet.  Would YOU have said no, Synn?”  Rage says, ignoring the snickers coming from Shane, Fantasia and Gabriel.

Synn thinks for a moment, then sighs.  “I’m not going to make him get rid of the kitten, but just be aware that you, Rage, will help take care of it if needed.  I expect Teresa will say the same thing.”

Rage shrugs.  “No problem.  How hard can one cat be, anyway?  I’ll go set up all this sh…stuff, before I leave.  I’ve got something I have to take care of over and Kittie and Jamie’s place in a little bit.”

Rage and Despayre disappear upstairs to go set up the litter box and food and water dishes.  Synn shakes his head before looking toward Shane.

“You could have stopped him.”  Synn says, folding his arms across his chest.

“Are you kidding me?” Shane laughs. “I couldn’t miss your reaction to Rage bringing a cat into this house.  He had a point anyway.  That cat just attached itself to Despy.”

Rage’s loud bellowing can be heard from upstairs, causing the rest of the group to break out in laughter, and the scene fades away.

In the parking lot outside the apartment of Kittie and Jamie Staggs, Rage’s Escalade pulls up.  He steps out, holding an empty KFC bucket, along with another bag, its contents unknown as of yet.  By the entrance to the apartment building, Jamie Staggs’ little brother, Tommy “The Terror” Edmond is waiting for Rage, a big smile on his face.

“It’s about time, dude.  We have to hurry.  Jamie will be home any minute.”  Tommy says, opening the door.

“I had other shit to take care of.  Just get your ass upstairs and help me set this up.”  Rage snaps back.  He walks past Tommy, then upstairs to Jamie’s apartment.  The rest of Jamie’s fellow Dumbass University classmates are all waiting for them outside the apartment, beaming with excitement.  Tommy walks up to the door, taking a key out of his pocket and unlocking it so the group can walk inside.  They all disappear into Jamie’s apartment, with the exception of Rage, who waits outside the door, with a sadistic smile on his face.  Laughter can be heard inside the apartment, as Rage waits for Jamie to get home.

About ten minutes later, Jamie Staggs comes walking into view.  He seems a bit surprised to see Rage waiting outside his apartment.

“Well if it isn’t my raging tag team partner.  What you doing here, man?”  Jamie asks.  He is about to unlock the door to his apartment, but Rage holds his arm out, stopping him.

“I wanted to get a couple things clear about our match against Sean Williams and Wyatt Peterson on Sunday.”  Rage says as Jamie takes a step back.

“Don’t sweat it, big man!  Our tag titles aren’t going anywhere.”

Rage shakes his head. “That’s not what I meant.  I’ve got a big score to settle with Sean, so you’re gonna let ME handle him.  Got it?

“Screw that, dude.  I’m gonna have some fun, too.”

“Just don’t try and get in my way of kicking Sean’s ass, alright?  I’ll take Wyatt Peterson out, too, if he tries to stop me, but right now, I’ve got a big problem with Sean Williams.  I’m not going to let him and Wyatt take out tag titles.” Rage says, pulling his arm away from the door.  Jamie again takes a step forward, placing the key in the lock.

“We got this, man!  We beat them to win the titles, we’ll have no problem taking them out again.  Hey, you want a beer or something?”

Rage shakes his head, declining the offer. “Nah, I’m good.  I just thought I’d stop by and let you know how things are gonna be on Sunday.”

Jamie shrugs, then unlocks his apartment door.  Rage watches, wide eyed and grinning, as Jamie slowly opens the door, but the scene fades to black.