Author Topic: Waiting for a challenge  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
Waiting for a challenge
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »
 The camera feed begins, showing Rage sitting in a darkened room, looking deep in thought.  The Sin of Wrath does not appear to be himself.

“I’m beginning to doubt myself.  I’m starting to think that I returned to wrestling too soon after being released from prison.  It used to come so naturally to me, but lately, something is just…off.  When I made my first appearance in SCW by attacking Blade Alexander, I felt like the monster I was before.  The anger and the resentment were pouring out of me and I was ready to show Blade and everyone else watching what was in store.  The Sin of Wrath had returned and was ready to do damage.”

Rage leans forward, placing his elbows on his knees, and looking down to the floor.

“Or was I?  Did the Sin of Wrath truly make his return that night?  In a way, yes, but the true monster in me is still sleeping somewhere inside of me.  Everything these people have seen of me so far does not show even the slightest bit of what I am really capable of.  Not by a long shot.  The anger has almost...vanished.  So how do I get it back?  What do I have to do to awaken the sleeping monster and be the dominant force I know I can be?”

He looks up, focusing his eyes directly on the camera, as if looking into the eyes of whoever may be watching.

“That, I am afraid, just isn’t up to me anymore.  My opponents this week haven’t even shown their faces this week.  They haven’t provoked me.  I’m sure they are up for a challenge, and honestly, facing me should be a challenge.  But facing them should be just as much of a challenge for me, but I don’t think it will be.  I think JC Bloodstone and Eric Collum will be a fairly easy win for me this week.  Very disappointing considering JC Bloodstone made quite an impression during his debut match at December to Dismember.  So where is he now?”

Rage balls his left hand into a fist, then places his right hand over it.

“I think JC saw what he was booked against and realized he stood no chance against me.  Had he been facing just Eric Collum I have no doubt he could have crushed him in the kid’s debut match here in Sin City Wrestling, but against me? *evil laugh* He just can’t do it apparently.  If he had any confidence that he could beat me, he would have said so by now, but he hasn’t.  He’s been silenced early on in his SCW career, much like a lot of the fools I’ve seen recently.  It’s a shame really.”

“And what about Eric Collum?  This was to be the week where he debuted.  This was supposed to be his opportunity to show us what he can do.  I’ve researched him.  I’ve seen his accomplishments, so what is the problem now?  Why did he do what so many others here in Sin City Wrestling have done lately, and sign a contract, only to not do the promotional work they were assigned to do?  I’m begging you people.  GIVE ME A DAMN CHALLENGE!”

Rage stands up and walks slowly around the chair.

“Even Blade Alexander hasn’t been able to give me a challenge, and I expected a lot more from that piece of crap.  He’s good at running his mouth and claiming he’s such a bad ass but what has he done so far?  Not enough in my opinion, and he has the nerve to complain because I haven’t attacked him again.  HA!  Has he retaliated against me?  *shakes head* Not the last time I checked.  He was still able to walk and breath after I attacked him at High Stakes, yet he hasn’t even attempted to lay a finger on me outside of our match at December to Dismember.  If there ever was a coward in this company, its Blade Alexander.  I all but dared him to try to attack me, but he chickened out.  *laughs Oh well.

He shrugs his shoulders, then turns to face the camera again.

“So this message goes out to not only my opponents this week, but to future ones also.  I don’t want my time here in SCW to be a f*cking cakewalk.  I don’t want to be booked in matches against guys who claim to be something they obviously are not.  You want to make an impact here in SCW?  Do something really brave…really ballsy.  Provoke me.  Antagonize me.  Awaken the monster in me that no one has been able to do as of yet.  Try and beat the Sin of Wrath.  I dare you.”

Rage then pulls a large black garbage bag from out behind the chair.  He sits back down, and places the bag at his feet.

“Oh, and before I leave you all with your thoughts and hopefully plans to take me up on my offer, I have a message for someone.  The recipient has yet to be identified, but if he is watching, he’ll know this message is for him.”

He pulls three teddy bears from out of the bag, placing them in his lap.  He focuses his eyes on the camera.  They now have just the slightest hint of pure hatred showing.

“Synn, Gabriel and Shane all wanted me to donate these bears.  I told them I would take care of it, but you know what?  I think I will hang on to them for a while.  I’m keeping them hidden from Despayre, of course, but these bears are now a reminder to me.  They are a reminder that someone in SCW has a big problem with the Seven Deadly Sins.  I’m hanging on to these bears as my only hope of being the monster that I know I can be.  Ironic isn’t it?  Teddy bears are supposed to be a symbol of innocence and unconditional love. *chuckles* These ones, however, are so much more.  They are now a symbol of hate.  They are a message that only more evil is to come.  I look at them, and I can feel  the rage building inside of me.  And soon…very soon…Well, I’ll leave the conclusion a surprise.

The scene fades to black to the sound of Rage’s low sadistic laughing.