Author Topic: Back Where I Belong  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
Back Where I Belong
« on: December 31, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »
 The scene fades in to the home of Nick Jones in Los Angeles, California.  Seated in the back office are two men, Nick's personal accountant, Maxwell Emanuel Goldstein, who is hard at work as he punches away at his calculator and jots down numbers and notes into his ledger.  The other, is Nick himself, who is sitting behind his desk in his big leather chair, with his head banging down against the desk over and over again.  Max is rambling on and on about things as he jots down his notes before, Nick eventually interupts.

Nick:  Stop!

Max looks up from his work and looks at Nick rather confused.

Max:  But...

Nick:  Just stop!  I get it, money is still an issue.  Blah, blah, blah.  If you keep nagging me about it won't help a damn thing.  But it's not like there's exactly any immediate fix for it short of firing all of you dumbasses, so how about you shut your damn mouth about it and realize we're working on it, alright?

Max:  Well, that's not entirely true.

Nick:  What's not?

Max:  That there's no immediate fix, you could liquify some assets.

Nick:  What assets?  At this point I've gotten rid of most everything considering I spend most of my time on the road anyway.  What the hell else is there?

Max looks all around them and motions to the house that is surrounding them.

Nick:  Not a word.  I see what you're thinking and I swear if you even think that again I will slap the taste out of your mouth.  This house isn't going anywhere.  Now if you don't have any better ideas, how about you have some damn patience.  I'm now the #1 contender and once I get my shot, and I become SCW Champion, the money will start rolling in and you won't have to worry about any of this crap any more.  You got it?

Max:  Sure thing Mr. Jones, I'm just trying to help you prepare for the worst case scenario.  Money is tight and while we've made it by so far, that won't last too long, and you don't want to get in any more debt do you?  I mean, what if you don't win the...

Nick cuts Max off mid sentence as he gives him a cold glare and talks straight through him.

Nick:  Excuse me?!?  There is no "what if", this is a foregone conclusion, and the only question is when it will happen.  Why don't you just accept the fact that you don't know a damn thing about what goes on in that ring, and I do, and I can promise you that there is no doubt once that chance comes, I will be standing tall with that gold in my hands.

Max:  I'm so sorry, of course, of course.  It's just that until then...

Nick:  Shutup... what do you want?

Max seems confused, but after a moment it becomes clear he was not speaking to Max, as he was looking past him.  The shot pans over to show the door to Nick's office, and standing in the doorway is Tony.

Tony:  Hey boss man.  Just wanted ta let ya know we's gots a phone call for ya.  You's was booked for da next show.  Dey put ya in da main event.

Nick:  Of course they did, these clowns are finally starting to pull their heads out of their asses.  So what's the match?

Tony:  It's a 6-man tag match.

Nick:  Oh, that's just fantastic.  Now I've got to carry two clowns on their way to victory.  Should be a blast.

Tony:  Yeah, well it's you, and dose guys Casey Williams and Kain, and you's t'ree be goin' up against Spike Staggs, Jordan Williams and Wyatt Peterson.

Nick suddenly sits up in his chair, and the look of disgust from his face suddenly turns into a smile.

Nick:  Now did I hear that correctly?  Amongst my oh-so-scary opposition is Spike and Jordan?  Well it seems like Santa showed up a little late this year, because I just got the best present of all.  My partners are useless and I could care less about that Wyatt chump, but Spike and Jordan... man, that's a good time right there.  Talk about two guys who couldn't possibly be more envious inferiors throughout their careers.  And when the hell was the last time either of these chumps stepped into a ring?  Last I remember of Spike, he was riding along the bottom of Generation X-Treme, as a nothing cmopared to me and Mark as I reigned as GXW Champion.  And Jordan?  Well he tried to make an entire career riding on the coattails of Mark, and Mark was depeserate enough to have someone watch his back that he kept that loser around.  That is, until I showed up.  After that, Mark couldn't have any use for that loser.  He had a short run himself as a GXT member, but just like Spikey, he was just there to pick up the trash that me and Mark left behind for them.  Thank you for this wonderful news Tony, you have no idea how you just made my day.

Tony:  No problem boss man.

Tony turns and walks away as Nick sits back in his chair with a big grin on his face, clearly very happy with the current situation.  At that moment, Max decides it's time to chime back in.

Max:  Now just to finish up our prior conversation...

Nick:  Just stop right there.  I'm in too good of a mood to ruin that with this.  So I'm going to do you a favor, and do something that will make us both a little happier.

Nick stands up from his desk and turns towards a giant book shelf behind him.  He looks around a little bit before pulling one book off of the shelf.  He opens it up, and then reaches inside and pulls out a thick wad of cash.  He then takes the cash and drops it right in front of Max.

Nick:  There you go, that should cover us for a while.

Max:  Wait... what... but... where did this come from?!?

Nick:  Are you kidding me?  You see the way Diana spends my money.  If I didn't hide some cash I would have been broke years ago, even back when I was raking in the big bucks as GXW Champion.

Max:  Then why didn't you tell me about this earlier?

Nick:  What and ruin all of the fun?  Besides, what's the point in hiding cash from Diana just to give it to you.  Either way, I know it's disappearing.  That should be enough to calm you down for now, and I'll work my way back into the big money of SCW in no time.  Hell, they've already got me headlining their next show, so it's only a matter of moments.  And if you're a good boy Maxy, I just might show you one of the big cash loads next time.

Max had kind of drifted off, as he just counted off the hundred dollar bills sitting in front of him.  However, his attention is suddenly grabbed by that last line as he looks up and shock.

Max:  This isn't one of the big ones?!?

Nick:  Who knows, maybe it is.  You'll just have to wait and see.

Nick gets up and walks away from the desk smiling as Max just stares down at the money completely wide-outed.  Nick walks out of the room as the scene fades to black.
>