Author Topic: Fine Dining  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Tom Dudely

• View Profile
    • Wyatt Peterson
Fine Dining
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
 Wyatt: Excuse me, Ma’am?

The scene opens inside of a fancy Italian restaurant. I mean really classy. There’s even a live piano player in the corner. Wyatt is wearing a suit compete with a black neck tie. The lady that Wyatt is talking to is the maître d, a beautiful brunette standing behind a podium near the entrance. Her white button-down blouse reveals enough cleavage to make a man’s eyes wander, but not quite enough to be classified as a slut. She looks up and up and up at the southern gentleman. Her eyes go slightly wide as she takes in the size of the man but she quickly recovers and plasters a smile on her face.

Maître D: Yes, sir. May I help you?

Wyatt: Ah’m supposed tah meet someone here.

Maître D: You must be Mr. Peterson. Mr. Dudely is already here. Please follow me.

The maître d grabs a menu and walks into the dining area. Wyatt follows her as she walks past the pianist stopping a few tables past him. Tom stands up from the table and shakes Wyatt’s hand as the maître d places the menu on the table.

Tom: About time you made it.

Tom turns to the maître d.

Tom: Thank you, Tiffany.

Tiffany quietly makes her escape as the two men take their seats.

Tom: I was wondering if you got lost.

Wyatt: Sorry ‘bout that. Ah had somethin’ tah take care of. It took a little longer than ah thought.

Tom: It’s fine. No big deal.

Wyatt leans back into his chair and lets out a whistle as he takes in the restaurant.

Wyatt: Ah ain’t ever been in a place this fancy.

Tom: I didn’t like these places until about three years ago. I figured that they weren’t worth the money. I was wrong. The food is amazing and nothing gets the ladies back to your place faster than a fancy meal.

Tom grabs a plate off of the table and reaches it out to Wyatt.

Tom: Escargot?

Wyatt looks at the contents of the plate with disgust.  

Wyatt: It’s car what?

Tom laughs.

Tom: Escargot. It’s snail.

Wyatt: Snail? Ah don’t see no shell. A snail without a shell is a slug, and ah don’t eat slugs.

Tom: Would you eat snail?

Wyatt: No, ‘cuz ah’d have tah take off the shell ah eat it and then it’d be a slug.

Tom (laughing):  Guess I never thought of it that way. You’re missing out though. It’s actually pretty good.

Tom grabs one from the plate and pops it into his mouth. He chews in a couple of times before swallowing.

Tom: Of course, the butter and garlic probably help the taste a little bit.

Tom smirks and Wyatt grabs the menu and flips it open. A confused look spreads on Wyatt’s face as he reads the menu.

Wyatt: What kinda crap is this? Half of the menu is wine and the rest of it ah’ve never heard of. What the hell is… Foie Gras? Just the name makes it sound gross.

Tom: Yeah… I’d stay away from the Foie Gras. I made that mistake once. It’s a duck liver pate.

Tom sticks his tongue out making a “yuck” face. Wyatt does the same and continues to scan through the menu. The Waitress, a fairly thin blonde, walks up to the table. She pulls a notepad and pen out of her apron.

Waitress: Sorry about the wait, gentlemen. My name is Kendra. I’m going to be your server tonight. Can I start you with something to drink?

Tom: I’ll have a white zinfandel, please.

Kendra scribbles the drink onto her notepad and turns to Wyatt.

Kendra: For you sir?

Wyatt: Can I get a Budweiser?

Kendra looks confused.

Kendra: I’m sorry, sir. We don’t carry beer?

Wyatt: No beer? What kinda restaurant is this? Guess ah can have a soda. What kind do you have?

Kendra: We have Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Sierra Mist.

Wyatt looks at the waitress in disbelief.

Wyatt: Really? That’s what you’ve got?

Wyatt shakes his head.

Wyatt: Ah guess ah’ll just have water.

Kendra scribbles in her notepad.

Kendra: Alright. Were you also ready to order?

Tom: I am. Wyatt?

Wyatt looks at the menu with a disgusted look on his face.

Wyatt: Ah guess ah can just wing it.

Tom: Great! I’ll have Capellini Pomodoro. Can you put some chicken in that too?

Kendra (writing): Of course.

Kendra turns back to Wyatt who’s still looking at the menu.

Kendra: For you, sir?

Wyatt: Umm… Do y’all just have steak?

Kendra: Yeah. It’s on the menu as Carne Toscano.

Wyatt scans the menu to find it.

Wyatt: Alright. That sounds perdy good.

Kendra: How would you like that cooked?

Wyatt: As rare as y’all can do.

Kendra finishes writing the order, closes the notepad and tucks it back into her apron.

Kendra: I’ll go get your order started and bring you your drinks.  

Kendra walks away leaving Tom and Wyatt alone.

Tom: This is starting to feel like a date. Maybe we should talk a little business to make it less… awkward.

Wyatt: Sounds good. What were you able tah set up the meetin’ with Sean Williams?

Tom shakes his head.

Tom: No. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find a number for him and all of the Facebook accounts for him were fake. We’re just going to have to get to the arena and hope to touch bases with him before the actual match. I really want you guys to be on the same page when you get into the ring. That’s the biggest thing about tag team wrestling is being on the same page as your partner. Trust me. I know a thing or two about being in a successful tag team.

Wyatt: Yeah. You and Richy were a helluva team. Ah remember watchin’ y’all back in GCW way back when.

A slight smile can be seen on Tom’s face as he thinks about the early days of his career.

Tom: Yeah. We had some good times. We were a good combination for a team too. I was fast and technical. He was big and strong. We were able to take on almost any competitor. Looking on paper, you and Sean actually have a similar combination. You’re big, strong, and powerful and he’s a fast little sh*t. You should be able to handle Nick Jones and Bruce Evans as long as you work together.

At this point, Kendra returns with their drinks. She sets a wine glass in front of Tom and a water glass in front of Wyatt.

Kendra: There you are, gentlemen. I’ll have your food out as soon as possible.

Tom: Thank you, hon.

Kendra walks away leaving Tom and Wyatt alone once again. Tom takes a sip of his wine and puts the glass back onto the table.

Tom: So, where’s your head at going in this weekend?

Wyatt: Well…

Wyatt puts up a finger to motion Tom to “hold on” while he takes a drink of water. He drains the whole glass and puts it down onto the table.

Wyatt: They need tah give me more than a thimble full when ah ask for water. Anyway, as far as mah head, ah think that ah’m in a perdy good place. Ah’ve been watching some of the classic tag team matches that ya told me tah check out.  Ah watched RVD and Sabu versus Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki from ECW HeatWave '98. Ah watched Legion of Doom versus The Hart Foundation. And ah watched Kenta Kobashi and Takuma Sano versus Go Shiozaki and Shuhei Taniguchi in NOAH from last month.

Tom: Sounds like a pretty good variety. You learn anything?

Wyatt: Ah learned that the team that wins is usually the team that works together better. Makin’ frequent tags, well performed tag team moves, and knowing when tah stay outta each other’s way will usually lead to a win. Oh! And Japanese guys always look mad ‘cuz they don’t wear pants. Ah never understood why anyone would wanna wrassle in their chonies.

Tom burst out laughing causing a couple from the next table over to shoot him a dirty look. Tom looks over at them and, trying not to laugh, waves at them.

Tom: Sorry folks.

The couple goes back to their meal. Tom turns back to Wyatt.

Tom: I agree. I always wear shorts in the ring. Those old school tights just felt too much like tighty-whiteys for me to be comfortable in. As far as the tag team keys to…

Tom clears his throat.

Tom (Impersonating Charlie Sheen): …Winning!

Tom clears his throat again to get back to his regular voice.

Tom: …those sound about right. It’s going to be hard since Christian and Mark just tossed you two together. You’re going to have to learn to read each other on the fly. You’re gonna have to have to learn to communicate and get on the same page as you go along. The only thing that seems like it might help you is that Jones and Evans are in the same boat. Well, not quite. You and Sean, I’m sure can at least co-exist. Those two I’m not so sure about. They’re both extremely cocky and arrogant. They may just self-destruct.

Wyatt: If they don’t self-destruct then ah’ll just have tah destruct them mah self.

Tom: Dammit, Wyatt! You need to get that train of thought outta your head. I had you watch those matches to see that you can’t beat a team as an individual. You NEED your partner. I don’t want you to get cocky and try to win the match yourself. A team victory is better than an individual loss.

Wyatt waves him off.

Wyatt: Ah know! Ah know! Ah was tryin’ tah make a joke.

Tom: It wasn’t funny. This match is a big deal. If you guys win, you’ll get a chance to win the titles at December to Dismember.

Wyatt: It would be nice tah win a title belt. Ah’d be the talk of the town.  

Wyatt absentmindedly picks up his water glass and attempts to take a drink before remembering that it’s empty. At this point, the waitress, Kendra is walking by. Wyatt gently grabs her arm as she walks by. She quickly pulls her arm away and turns to face Wyatt.

Wyatt: Excuse me, Ma’am...

Kendra: Excuse me, Sir! I would appreciate it if you kept your hands off of me.

Wyatt is caught off guard. He doesn’t quite know how to react. Tom just smiles at Wyatt’s predicament.

Wyatt: Umm… ah… uh… ah’m…

Tom, feeling bad for Wyatt, butts in.

Tom: He’s sorry about that Kendra. He’s not used to fine dining.  He really didn’t mean any harm. I believe that he was just trying to flag you down to get a refill on water.

Kendra’s glare at Wyatt softens a little as she forces a smile upon her face. She picks up Wyatt’s water glass.

Kendra: Of course! I’ll go get that for you right away.

Wyatt (still looking terrified): Th-thank you.

Kendra walks away still looking perturbed.

Tom: You’ve gotta watch some of the things you do. Chicks in this place are totally snobby and don’t want to be touched.

Wyatt: Ah didn’t mean no harm. Ah was just tryin’ tah get some more water.

Tom: I know that, but she didn’t.

Wyatt sticks his index finger into his collar and tugs on his shirt.

Wyatt: Ah’m not too comfortable here. This ain’t really mah element. If ya know what ah mean.

Tom: I know, but I figured you needed to experience some of the high life.

Kendra returns with a fresh glass of water. She puts the glass in front of Wyatt and walks off without saying a word. Wyatt picks up his glass and starts chugging it again.

Tom: You might wanna slow down there. That stuff’s three dollars a glass.

Wyatt spits the water that’s in his mouth back into his glass and looks at Tom incredulously.

Wyatt: You’ve gotta be sh*ttin’ me! Three bucks for a glass of water?

Tom just nods. Wyatt takes another drink of water, this time sipping it. Tom watches in disgust until Wyatt puts the glass back down.

Tom: How did your spit taste?

Wyatt smirks.

Wyatt: Not as good as it did before it was mixed with the water.

They share a laugh as Kendra returns, this time with a tray carrying their food. She pulls a plate of pasta off of the tray.

Kendra: Alright, who had the Capellini Pomodoro?

Tom raises his hand.

Tom: Right here.

Kendra sets the plate in front of Tom. She then lifts the other plate off of the tray and sets it in front of Wyatt. She then turns back to Tom as she picks up a cheese grater from the tray.

Kendra: Would you like some parmesan?

Tom nods and Kendra turns the crank on the grater allowing shredded parmesan to fall onto Tom’s pasta. Tom nods when he has enough on his food.

Tom: Thank you.

Kendra puts the grater back on her tray and walks away.  

Tom: You really made her mad. She didn’t give you any attention.

Tom looks up at Wyatt to find him shoveling his food into his mouth. Tom just shakes his head and starts in on his food as the scene fades.
user posted image