Author Topic: What People Fail To Realize.  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Sean Williams

• View Profile
    • Sean Williams
What People Fail To Realize.
« on: November 23, 2011, 06:01:05 PM »

Give Me Everything Tonight By Pitbull and NeYo plays in the background as the scene opens up inside of Sean's condo, Sean comes running out of the bedroom wearing a pair of black boxer briefs and a t-shirt, he flies around the corner and heads into the kitchen where he turns the fire underneath the pot, keeping the water from overflowing onto the store and the floor.

Damn.

Sean grabs the towel hanging from the over door and wipes the water up and then tosses the towel back on the counter, he turns and dances towards his phone, reaching down grabbing the dutch lying in the ash tray, he grabs the lighter, sparks the dutch up and takes two hits before laying it back into the ash tray. Sean reaches down and grabs his phone off the coffee table, and falls back onto the couch kicking his legs up on the arm rest of the couch. He scrolls through a couple e-mails searching for a response he sent out to Synn, but nothing yet. He tosses his phone back on the bed and stares up at the ceiling.

I wonder what Synn is thinking right now? Or what he is doing? I know Synn wasn't a big fan of like electronics and fancy phones but I'm pretty sure he's got my e-mail by now, but then again who am I fooling, I'm pretty sure Synn isn't rushing to my call especially after everything I've put him through.

Sean sighs.

I really need to try to get my life together as soon as possible, I mean I'm alone on fucking Thanksgiving, basically the friends I did have are all gone and I just really need to get my life back on track, I keep saying that, I've been saying it since I was twenty fucking two and here I am restarting life, making a new beginning and trying not to fail at every fucking thing I do.

Knock..Knock..

Sean looks up at the front door which a confused look on his face, he hops up from the couch, sliding both feet into his slippers and starts to walk towards the door. He bends down and looks through the peep hole to see his Uncle Brian and his Aunt Rachel standing on the other end.

Okay, what the hell? I wasn't expecting them until tomorrow morning. Fuck!

Sean runs back to the table, picking the dutch up from the ash tray and running into his bedroom grabbing any and everything that could cause a discussion and throwing it in his room closing the door behind him, luckily living in a two bedroom condo, he wasn't worried about anyone going into his room. He turns and makes his way back towards the front door, adjusting his clothes and fixing his hair, he opens the door with all smiles greeting his Uncle and Aunt.

Sean: Hey guys, I didn't expect you until tomorrow.

Rachel sneezes.

Rachel: Sorry, we decided to drive down tonight because I heard bad weather reports on the radio and I didn't want to take a chance and miss out having Thanksgiving dinner with my nephew.

Rachel walks in grabbing Sean by the waist, giving him a hug.

Brian: It smells like straight weed in this apartment Sean, tell me please that is just a inscent and you've definitely given the drugs up.

Rachel releases Sean from her embrace and stares him up and down.

Rachel: Last year I paid a $5,000 bill for you to seek Rehab, and that was suppose to help you quit all these extra activities, including the weed.

Sean: I've -

Brian interrupts.

Brian: Look, I don't have a problem with you smoking weed, or doing whatever with you life Sean. I just don't understand why you are still on this path of danger, it's like you are knocking on deaths door.

The one thing about my Uncle and my Aunt is that their both really religious, and you may think this whole discussion is about drugs or whatever else I do to have fun, but its deeper then that. My friends always would ask me why I was so distant from my family, and this is the reason why. Fucking Judgmental Pricks!

Sean: Honestly I really don't want to discuss it right now, I haven't touched a fucking liquor bottle in months and the only thing I do is smoke a little weed and get high every now and then, I'm not messing with cocaine anymore and I'm not doing E pills so I don't see the big issue.

Brian rolls his eyes as he makes his way over to the sofa, dropping his bags on the floor, he sits down on the couch, resting his feet on the coffee table. He reaches over and grabs the drink on the table, pulling it up to his nose, he sniffs it a couple times and lays it back on the table.

Sean: No liquor huh?

Brian: Why do you think I was looking for that?

Sean: Because clearly you can see there is Pepsi in that cup, and for some reason you felt the need to see if I mixed my drink with alcohol and honestly Uncle Brian, I really don't have the time or patient to deal with any bullshit right now.

Brian: Excuse me Sean? You better realize who you are talking to, if it wasn't for me you would be dead right now, remember? Remember how Vincent left your ass in that mall parking lot half naked and you foaming out of the mouth, you remember how I almost put myself in debt for bailing you out of prison and paying all your court fines, lets not forget who helped you finance this condo, oh and also who helped you finance that nice little car you are driving outside. So, I suggest you treat me with the upmost respect, because anything I give to you, I can take away.

A smirk grows across Brian's face, he leans his head back and motions for Sean to get him something to drink.

Rachel: Listen guys, let's not fight.

Brian: We're not fighting, I just have to remind Sean here that if it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have a fucking pot to piss in.

Uncle Brian always made it difficult for me, especially after he helped me get back on my feet. I guess he feels I don't respect him enough, but like I said there are other issues far more deep then me just having a troubled past.

Sean reaches in the freezer and pulls out a pepsi, he walks it over to Brian and hands it to him.

Sean: I don't want to fight either, just know that my weed problem isn't controlling or making me feel like I wanna go down a bad path again. It's a stress reliever and it keeps my calm.

Brian: To me, it sounds like a bunch of excuses.

Sean: And you act as if you've never done drugs before, there is one thing that seperates us two and thats age and time. Back then when you were growing up, things were a little different then what they are now. I may have made mistakes, but I'm learning and for now on I know things can only get better.

Brian laughs.

Brian: You said that last time, and then after that comment you drove your parents to their grave.

I couldn't help but just stand there in shock, I mean everyone in my family blamed me for my parents death but it was nothing intentional or nothing personal. Brian was a loving uncle and deep down inside I knew he had a heart and he cared, I think. But the way he delivers his conversation can be so cruel, I think he doesn't understand that it still haunts me til this day what happened with my parents, but him only bringing it up makes it worst for me.

Rachel: That was to far Brian, be easy on him.
[Rachel turns and looks at Sean]. And don't listen to what Brian has to say, he's tired from the drive and he needs to get his rest, so why don't you do me a favor and run out and get some more stuffing and macaroni, I want to start preparing Thanksgiving now.

If only she knew what I wanted to say to this man right now, but in my mind I know to keep it respectful and thats what I will do, so I'll ignore his little comments now but I don't think I can take anymore of his rude attitude much longer. He may have helped me, and now that I'm wrestling again, I will give him back whatever I owe him and leave it at that.

Sean looks over at his Uncle.

Sean: Please believe once I get the money, I will pay you back every dime you ever gave me. Because you think you have this hold over me, but you don't. You may have helped me and I appreciate it, but I never asked.

Brian: Oh really?

Rachel: Can you guys not start this, we haven't been around each other more then five minutes and you two are about to cut each others heads off.

Sean: Because he's an asshole.

Brian: And your a ****** and a disgrace to this fucking family and my deceased brother. The only reason why I helped you, is because Rachel and my brothers pathetic wife, your fucking mother begged me to. And I couldn't live with the thought of you being murdered or dying stay on conscience. So listen prick, I only say things this way out of love, its called tough love.

The F word, oh how I love it. I heard it through high school and little after, but hearing it from your family is always the worst. But I'm bigger then this man and I won't let him phase me.

Sean: You know what, I have stuff to do.

Brian: Bring me back a case of Steel Reserve, and hurry up.

In my mind I wanted to yell FUCK OFF, but he's family, and he's my elder and doesn't know any better.

Sean puts on a fake smile as he reaches for his phone and jacket, he turns and grabs the list out of Rachel's hand and heads for the door as the scene fades.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:04:15 PM by Sean Williams »
>