Author Topic: They Call This A Comeback.  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Sean Williams

• View Profile
    • Sean Williams
They Call This A Comeback.
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »
 It only amazes me how things can change in such a short period of time. I remember my wrestling days in GXW and EIWL, both huge federations at the time. I could remember how fast the money was coming in, and going out.

I guess the drugs was the big part of the money going out.

A lot of things has changed with me physically since the world last saw me, I use to be buff, toned, and had a very define body. Not saying anything is wrong with my body now, but I've lost a lot of muscle and weight at the same time. Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I feel like I'm just disappearing.

My therapist tells me to stop feeding into the negative energy so much and try and think of the positive that could happen, but why think positive when your use to so much negativity in and out of your life.

The scene opens up downtown Philly in Sean's condo, the wind blows as the sun hides behind the clouds making the outside seem dark then what it really is. Sean rises from the couch and walks over to the balcony looking down at the people walking by, from business women to homeless people. He reaches for the Newport in his ear and grabs the lighter in his pocket, lighting up his cigarette, he took his first drag and exhaled into the sky.

Cough.

He flicks the ash to the ground and makes his way back into the condo, closing the door behind him. He makes his way to the couch and before he could sit, his text alert goes off and reads a message sent from his close friend.

Brandon: Don't remember your match coming up, you were suppose to meet me at the gym.

Shit! I couldn't believe I almost forgot about my match, I've only been signed with this federation for a couple months and I'm already messing up. I guess my mind hasn't been where it should be these last couple days, so much has been going on in my life, that this match wasn't even a focus. But damn, I don't even know what to say back to him.

Sean starts to type a message back, but then clears the message out.

I guess I could just ignore the message, maybe he'll think I'm sleep.

Sean sits back on the couch and relaxes his feet, he stares out into his empty condo and lets out a deep sigh.

\'user

Phone Rings...

Sean: Yes Brandon?

Sean sighs.

Brandon: Listen, you told me to help you get back on your feet, find you some work, help you find a roof to cover your pale white ass, and this is the thanks I get.

Sean: You take it that way, but its nothing personal.

Brandon: Listen I read up on this dude, and he is some serious work. I think you should go to the gym today, put in some exercise just so you can be prepared when you step in that ring. Listen -

If I wouldn't of cut him off, he would of kept talking and talking. I had to, I know he only looks out for my best interest, but right now I don't need a preacher, a father, someone who tells me what I need or should be doing, instead I would like someone who will support me and just let me make my own decisions.

Sean: I've always appreciated you Brandon, ever since we met back in Miami a couple years ago. But right now this is a little overwhelming for me, I haven't wrestled in almost 5 years, I haven't seen Synn since my little police altercation a couple months back and truthfully I don't think I'm ready to get back in this ring and give 100% when I'm know I'm not ready.

Brandon: I feel like your making excuses, [Clears Throat]  Listen, why don't you try and get in touch with Synn and see if he could help you train this week, I mean whats the worst that could happen.

In the back of my head, I wanted to tell him what really happened between Synn and I, but that's a road that I do not want to go down right now. And plus he doesn't know Synn like I do, I guess I should reach out to Synn and kind of pick up where we left off at, but who knows if he is even interested in me anymore.

Sean: Well you don't know Synn like I do, and I honestly feel like maybe he is completely done with me. I said some cruel stuff to him, but during that time I was under the influence and I really just didn't give a fuck about life anymore, excuse my language.

That's the truth, and I finally admitted it. I guess I would be to nervous to admit that to Synn, saying its my fault of why we never made it as an official couple because in all honesty, Synn has been there for me more then anyone in this world, he was there when I endured the abuse from my father, he was there when I almost over dosed on cocaine in Jersey at the Marriott. So I can't deny and say Synn hasn't been there for me or done anything for me because he's done so much, but how much can a person take.

Sean: Honestly if Synn wanted anything to do with me, then he would of reached out and try to make contact, but he didn't. So I'm moving on to bigger and better things, maybe one day we can sit down and hash it out, but right now I just don't know what to do.

Brandon: Don't count Synn out so quick, you'll learn. But your focus should be on this match and your opponent Erik Black, what do you know about him?

Sean: Nothing and honestly don't care to know much about him, I'm ready to go into this match, take control and walk out a winner. My life may be fucked up, but the one thing I will admit is that when it comes to wrestling, this is my life, this is a passion of mine and I really want to get back to where I was at.

And where I was at was name in bright lights, fancy wrestling gear, parties, the money was fabolous, and just being able to live a comfortable lifestyle and what made me appreciate what I do and what I did for a living. People may say I'm rusty, or that my wrestling skills aren't as good as they use to, but that's just all hear say crap. Even though I wasn't signed to a huge corporation, I still had to make a living, so I did a little training in Japan where I learned new luchador style moves and I made a couple appearances here and there.

Sean reaches over the counter top and grabs his blue tooth, he slides it in his ear and lays the phone down on the coffee table. He reaches over to the end table and opens the drawer pulling out a clear bag of marijuana and a package of bluntville rolling paper beside the bag.

Sean: Well what time are you coming over here, I think we need to have us a little smoke session and then maybe you can help train when we go to the gym.

Brandon laughs.

Brandon: That's your problem, smoking weed all the time. But you know I'm ready for a nasty smoke session. [Laughs to himself] and then we can go work out, and maybe grab something to eat. But I can't be gone to long, because I have other things to attend to beside helps cleaning your life up.

Is this boy throwing shade? Brandon is funny, we never dated, we never had sex, when we first met we just knew off break we could only be friends. I met Brandon at Mansion in Miami, which was the last time I saw Mercedes or even hung out with her. It was for my 25th birthday and I was already drunk out of my mind, I'm not proud to admit that but it was a good time and I was happy that I made it to 25. But Brandon was there, and since then I guess you could say we've been besties for life.

Sean: Just come over, and we can talk once you get here.

Sean presses the button on his bluetooth to disconnect the call, he lays the bluetooth down arm rest of the couch and starts to break the marijuana down.

1 1/2 Hour Later.

\'user

The scene opens up with Sean sitting on the stairs waiting for Brandon, he takes a sip of the coffee from Starbucks and reaches in his pocket pulling out his cellphone, he dials Brandon's number and listens to the music play before being sent to voicemail.

F*cking asshole.

Sean reaches in his pocket again and pulls out a pair of Bose Headphone, he scrolls through the music on his iPhone.

I really need to get my sh*t together, I need to try and become a better person. My debut match is coming up and I haven't done anything to prepare against this individual. Erik Black? I'm not familiar with who he is, where he came from, and how he wrestles but all I know is I won't let this man intimidate or cause any harm or damage to me, my body, or my career here in Sin City. I'll be the first to admit I'm a personal fuck up, but I have a purpose here on this earth and thats to live my life and entertain these people every other week. So of course going into this match I will have my guard up, loosing is not a focus on a concern on my mind. The real concern should be who is going to pick up Erik Black's lifeless body from the mat after I'm finished with him. I'm not the type of person to sit back and talk shit, or say what I'm going to do but never back up. I can back up anything I say and I know that at Climax Control, my hand will be raised in victory and he will be just another chump on my list that I had to put down to get where I wanna be, and where I wanna be is at the TOP in this federation.

Horn Honks.

Sean looks up and notices Brandon trying to parallel park. Sean smiles as he gets up from the step and makes his away across to street to meet Brandon at his car.

Brandon: I saw you over there day dreaming, what was you thinking about?

Sean: This match.

Brandon: Well at least you are focused, that was what I was afraid of. But you know me, I'm not a huge fan of the sport, I was one of those people who said wrestling was fake. But I can tell that this is your passion and I can see its something you really wanna do Sean. You come from such a horrible background, a horrible past and you keep letting these demons take control of you, and now that your 26 I really feel like you should focus on how you can build an empire, stay financially stable, and be able to work in this business without any complications.

Sean: I hear you.

Brandon: You may hear me, but I don't think you understand. I really feel like after this little smoke session we have, it should be your last. We need to get back in the gym, get some muscle on your body, and by next week you may not be physically fit to beat your opponent, but with your mind games and quick moves, I believe you can really win this match.

Did he just really say physically fit? Brandon is like a body builder, he use to play football in college and he thinks he's God's gift to human kind. He's just very conceited and there's nothing wrong with that, his esteem level is much higher then mines.

Sean: I may cut back on the weed, but to give it up entirely is something I would have to work on. I rather do weed, then coke, or crack, the drugs that I was doing when I didn't know any better.

From 2008-2011 I would say was the worst years of my life, I lost both my parents in a car accident and it kind of shut me out because I never was able to build a better relationship with my father, as for my younger brother. We lost contact after the death of my family, it would mean a lot if I could get in touch with him but he wants nothing to do with me, and I don't blame him. Because during that time I was a mess, I've improved and changed my life for a better, no one is perfect and everyone has skeletons in their closet. I've got rid of mine, well a few but I'm getting there.

Sean: I think I am going to reach out to Synn.

Brandon: And?

Sean: I don't know, maybe we can meet for lunch or something and kind of talk it out.

Brandon: And do you think he will accept?

Sean: Synn is a very tough character, he's hard on the outside but the Synn I know, the Synn I grew to love and care for has a caring side to him and hopefully that can bring us closer, whether its a friendship or a relationship.

Brandon: Goodluck with that.

Sean: And plus, he can help me with this match. I'm not saying you can't help, but like I said its been a couple years and I'm a little rusty, his help would really work.

Brandon: I doubt that's all you want from him.

Sean: Right now yes it is, don't get me wrong the sex with Synn is great. But i don't know, I need he mentally more then physically right now. But I started this e-mail and I wanted to read it to you before I sent it, let me know how you feel about it.

Brandon nods his head in agreement, Sean pulls his iPhone out of his pocket and loads up the draft box in his email. He opens the e-mail entitled Synn and begins to read.

Dear Synn,

I understand it has been some time since we last spoke or seen each other and I just want you to know that I have been thinking about you and I hope everything is well with you. I know the last time we saw each other, things didn't quite go the way we wanted them to, or at least how you wanted them to and I apologize for that. I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. these last couple of years but I really needed to take time out for myself, after the death of my family I kind of went into a dark space and I never wanted to come out. You know I have a history with drug abuse and at times alcohol abuse but I've really changed that in my life and I'm ready to become a better person. I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive and forget, but the main reason why I am writing this letter is I got an invitiation to join Sin City and it was a shock to me because I didn't put my name out there or even make a effort to rejoin the wrestling world, I heard rumors that you threw my name out in a list to help me get this and if that's true I appreciate it, but I rather you had come to me first and we discussed it. I feel like you are taking care of me, when in reality I should take care of myself. I've been a horrible person to you at times and I just don't understand why you put up with me the way you do, anyway I hope we can meet soon, maybe talk, have dinner and kind of catch up on things. I really could use your help, especially in the ring since it's been ages since I've stepped in the squared circle, you can reach me by e-mail or contact me by phone. Just know I appreciate you and love you!

Sean sighs.

Sean: What you think?

Brandon: Gay. [Laughs] but it was sweet, and you got right to the point.

Sean: Well I sent it, so hopefully he responds in a positive way. If not, then I know thats one chapter I can close in my book.

Brandon: And if you have to close that chapter then do so, Synn is a great guy from what I hear but you can't stop living if he chooses not to be involved. Like I said, you have a match against Erik Black this week, so that should be your main focus right now, getting your body ready, your mind ready, worry about Synn on your next night off, not now.

Sean: Who knows, maybe your right.

All I know is I just don't want to stop worrying about Synn right now, I just can't. I really feel like he had something to do with getting me this contract and I need to find out.

Sean: I'm ready though, I'm prepared. I have to prove to these people that I'm more serious now, and I'm ready to show everyone that I am back with a vengeance and if I have to take Erik out to prove that, then trust believe I will.

Sean shrugs his shoulders and then takes another hit of his cigarette, he flicks it to the ground and walks towards his condo building. Brandon follows behind as the two enter the building and the scene fades to black.
>