Author Topic: Choosing the Right Direction!  (Read 1639 times)

Justin Underwood

Choosing the Right Direction!
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

\'user
A Interesting Encounter

<hr color=CadetBlue>

“Well if it’s not Justin Tyler Underwood, or better known to the wrestling world as JT Underwood.” comes a sultry voice from behind me as I sat in a booth towards the back of a mom and pop diner shortly after I had finished eating my lunch.  I looked over my shoulder and my jaw dropped instantly at the woman that I was looking at.

\'user

My eyes and head followed her as she walked by me and sat down across from me.  She reached across the table and closed my mouth before smacking me hard across the face.  “Staring is rude, gawking and drooling is worse, get a hold of yourself.”

She runs her hand through her bleached platinum hair and flipped it all over to her left side, revealing that under it all, the right side of her head was shaved.  Sitting and taking her in I noticed the various pieces of inked artwork that covered her arms and hinted to go towards her back.  Looking up I looked into her bluish grey eyes that were staring daggers into mine.

“How exactly…” I started before she interrupted me “You just sit there and continue to live in the past and try to figure out who you are and what you should be doing…  I’m here for one reason and one reason only.”  she says as I look at her and listen in shock, not ever having anybody be so direct when talking to me.

“Since your debut in SCW you have busted your ass and proved a lot of doubters wrong.  However getting there has been quite a joke to saw the least.”  She stops long enough to reach for the glass of ice water that an elderly waitress brought over to the booth, and I watched intently as I tried to speak yet again – “Who are…” I started but was hushed by a finger pressed against my lips.

“Justin, just sit there and shut up.  Listen to what I have to say, and you will have your chance to talk.” this beautiful vixen says as I go from being shocked to being frustrated.  I reached for my beer and took a sip from it as she continued. “Everybody you have faced has ripped you apart verbally.  Blade Alexander sent you into a downward spiral of doubt, Gabriel has torn what you have been trying to be apart and even that psycho Kittie has her claws sunk deep into you ripping you to shreds.  You have tried being everything everybody wanted you to be from some muscle head boy scout, to some dumb ass born again phoenix or whatever.  Yet, as soon as you step into that ring, all of that goes away and we see the true you.  The JT Underwood that is technically sound and full of talent.”

“I know that you owe a lot to the guy, but you need to kick the has been Matt Ward to the curb and forget about the selfish bitch.  You need to join forces with somebody that won’t sugar coat anything and tell you straight up how it is.  You need somebody that is going to be by your side through thick and thin, and will be pushing to get things that will benefit you and in return benefit themselves.  Not somebody that will line their pocket with money, while confusing you and turning you into an average wrestler.  You need somebody that will help you achieve the next level of greatness and get you headlining every show not just some.  Everybody you have surrounded yourself with is robbing you of money and success.  They are dragging you down intentionally and it’s really fucking pathetic and sad.” she continued before raising her glass back to her lips and taking another drink.

“The thing is Justin, you used to take pride in what you do in that ring.  You used to respect every outcome win or lose.  However, lately, you have been too focused on going for the win and not just enjoying what you do.  Not enjoying being in the ring and wrestling for the fans, and giving them a good show.  You have lost your way, and I am offering my services to you, to become your new manager, and assist you with building the legacy you want to build.  Pave your own way, without the help of the Owner's cousin and go to the top without anybody holding you back.” she says as she starts running her finger through the condensation on the glass of water in front of her.  I look at her waiting for her to finish speaking.  She looks into my eyes and speaks again.

“If you continue down this path, you are going to be known as the wrestler that had all the potential in the world, but held himself back and prevented himself from having true success.” she looks around as she continues to speak “You need somebody that will help you stay on the path you wanted to take.  The path you chose to take when you started wrestling four years ago and wasn’t being given the chance to headline shows.  You need to find your roots and do what is fun again for you to truly have any success.”

“Stop being every fucking thing the owners of SCW want and what the fans want.  Being your damn self Justin is what’s going to get you the farthest.  Having fun and not giving a fuck about the outcome of a match will be what propels you to greatness in SCW.  That will be what propels you to wrestle some of the greatest damn matches SCW and the entire WRESTLING world will ever see!”
I looked at her as she finally fell silent and took another drink from her glass of water and waved her hand towards me to signal I could now speak.  I take another drink from my beer as I processed all of the words she said to me.  As everything she said finally sunk in, I sat there a bit stunned and even more so confused.

“So let me get this straight.  I’m suppose to just sit here, listen to everything you have said, drop my manager, kick Allison from my life, and not worry about winning…  I mean, I can understand letting Allison fade out of my life, and I totally agree about not focusing on winning, but more on wrestling my ass off and proving myself.  However dropping Matt Ward, the man that took me under his wing and brought some of the greatest wrestlers to Orlando and train me, and even paid me while learning and doing some small shows in Florida, before I debuted…  Well that just seems downright rude.” I say, starting to sound a bit angry as the words came out.  She slid out of the booth and walked over to me.

“I don’t know your name, I don’t know anything about you, and you expect me to drop everybody that has gotten me to where I am today.”  I gently push her aside as I stood up and I look deep into her eyes, looking for some kind of sign to believe what I heard coming from her mouth.  I studied her gaze for minutes, looking for something, but all I could see in her eyes was honesty and truth.  I didn’t want to admit it but I knew she was right.

“Justin, you can reach me any time, day or night at this number.  I look forward to talking to you.” she says as she lays a white business card down on the table with a phone number and the name Nykki embossed on the card.  I watched as she walked away from me and I took the card in my hand and flipped it over and over in my hand as I studied it front and back before slipping it into my back pocket.  Grabbing my check, I walked up to the cashier to pay my bill and walked out with a new purpose and a lot to think about.

<hr color=CadetBlue>

\'user
Ending One Chapter

<hr color=CadetBlue>

I’m standing in the bathroom after just taking a steaming hot shower and have a towel wrapped around my waist as I lean over the sink and wipe the mirror clean with the small hand towel I had sitting on the sink. I look at myself in the mirror and try to figure out what she saw in me that I was over looking.  I reached down and grabbed her card and studied it some more in between looking into the mirror.  A lot of what she said I knew was true.  I now knew Matt Ward was using me as of late to further line his pockets with unneeded money.  But the thing that bugged me the most was that until she said anything, I didn’t realize any of what she said, until after she said it.  

Knowing she was right didn’t make me feel better, actually, it pissed me off, and made me realize I had allowed myself to become something I didn’t want to become.  My only problem was now, how do I fix it.  How do I get back to where I was originally, without hurting what I have achieved?

“Come on Justin, you went three years without anybody’s help.  You aren’t as helpless as you feel right now.  Sure Nykki had made multiple valid points.  Before Matt Ward came into your life you were doing everything you could to make it in this business.  Matt just made it happen a lot faster, and as somebody you never wanted to become.  But will she be the answer to what you have needed since coming to SCW?  Will she be the direction that helps you do everything you ever wanted?” I said and asked myself as I looked into the mirror.  I guess there was only one way to find out.  It might piss some people off, but that will just mean I have to prove myself even more that I belong here, and I am main event worthy.

Grabbing the hand towel I wiped my face with it and walk into my bedroom shutting my door.  A few minutes later I come out dressed in a pair of khaki cargo pants, black combat boots, and a black t-shirt.  Still flipping the business card around in my hand I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass and turned on the tap to get some water.  Sitting the business card down on the counter I started spinning it under my index finger as I drank the water deep in thought.

“Looks like I’m going to have to make a potential career ending decision.” I say as I hear a knock at my door.  I look at the watch on my left wrist and shake my head as I walk towards my front door.  I open it and step aside to allow the person entry as I extend my left hand out.  In walks just the man I needed to talk to Matt Ward.  Dressed in a business suit he walks in and goes directly to the kitchen as I shut the door and walk over towards him.  I shake his hand after he shuts the fridge and places two beers on the table.  We each take a beer and open it up.  I go to take drink of it but am stopped before doing so.

“Hang on a minute JT.  We need to talk, and I need you to tell me what you think of Nykki.”  Matt says in a serious tone as he looks directly at me with a stern expression.

Shocked by his outright bluntness I replied “Well to be honest, she spoke a lot of the truth.  I didn’t feel comfortable at first about her saying I should drop you as a manager.  After thinking about what she said, I realized I need to separate myself from you simply because, I don’t want you pulling favors for me.  I don’t want you to be the reason I get anything in SCW.  I want it to be simply because I have proven myself, and have earned it.  Plus, her bluntness is exactly what I am going to need.  She will keep me going when I am doubting myself.” I say as I look at him carefully.

“Very good Justin.  I’m glad you are finally starting to think things through completely.  I’m going back to touring the country looking for the next hidden talent.  Nykki will be the yin to your yang.  The only ties her and I have, is that I reached out to her and asked her to manage you.  I am not paying her, and not going to be pulling any strings for her, or for you.  I want you to know the only strings I pulled, was getting you into companies.

“I had a image for what I wanted you to become, but you aren’t the person that fits my plan.  You are your own superstar Justin, and Nykki I feel will be the best to help bring that out of you.  Go to her, let her be your manager, and I know my job in getting you turned into a sound wrestler and a future legend is done.  I’m sure you are going to catch a lot of hell for what is going on now, but fuck them.  Here is to you.” Matt says as he raises his beer up and I do the same the necks of the bottle clinking together before we each took a drink of our beers.

“Matt, I want you to know, I truly appreciated everything you have provided me, and for training me.  I hope to see you around occasionally whether it be backstage at Climax Control, at a bar for a beer, or even in the stands at the next Super Card.  I’m going to do everything I can to leave my mark on the SCW history books.” I say as I raise my bottle back up and take another swig.

Matt and I continued to talk shooting the breeze and just enjoying each others company, before we parted our ways, and started on the next chapter in our careers.

<hr color=CadetBlue>

\'user
Starting a New Chapter

<hr color=CadetBlue>

Dressed in my combat boots, khaki cargo pants and a black t-shirt under my leather racing jacket I was leaning against my black 2011 Kawasaki Ninja with a custom red tribal design that is pinstriped with a white border while waiting for Nykki to arrive.  Looking down at my watch, I noticed that she was running late, which wasn’t a good sign in my eyes.  She wanted to be my manager.  She wasn’t forced into it, but yet, she isn’t even keeping her meetings.

“Well, this isn’t looking to be a good start to our relationship” I say out loud to myself as I look around the empty parking lot.  I turn the key in the ignition and while holding the start button, I rev the engine, as I consider how much longer I’m going to continue to wait around, looking like a idiot when a red 2012 Nissan GT-R suddenly enters the parking lot followed by a SCW Camera Van.  The GT-R pulls up directly next to me and my motorcycle while the camera van stays over by the entrance of the parking lot.

I attempt to look into the window of the GT-R, but to no avail due to the darkness of the tint.  The engine falls silent as the car is turned off, and the driver side door swings open.  A pair of black high heels comes into view first as Nykki swings her legs out of the car and stands up.  Her bleached platinum hair is pulled up into a high ponytail and you can see that not only the right side of her head is buzzed but her left side is as well.  She is wearing a black leather mini skirt and a top that ties around her neck and waist, covering her front, and showing off her back, allowing all of her tattoos to be viewed, as well as the curve from her lower back to her big ass.

“Well, well, well how nice of you to join me Nykki.” I say, as I look her up and down, before my eyes landed on hers.  She stepped up close to me and took my jacket off and tossed it on my bike behind us and looked closely at me.

“Stop your complaining Justin.  I would have been on time had the retard camera crew been able to keep up.  I had to keep slowing down so that they wouldn’t lose me.  I love driving fast, and apparently, they love driving Miss Daisy.”

I let out a laugh as I looked over at the van that was now parked and had two guys standing at the side door prepping some equipment for my upcoming promo.  “why are they even here?  I thought we were going to meet and discuss a few things about you becoming my manager, as well as my upcoming match?”

Now taking her turn in laughing, she smiles at me and replies “We will talk about me becoming your manager after Climax Control.  For now, it’s time to get your promo cut for your upcoming match.” I nod in agreement as I listen to her, and I pull a piece of gum out of my cargo pants as I start running all my thoughts through my head.  

“Bring them on!” I say as I pop my neck and watch as Nykki motions them over.  The two guys working on the equipment sit on the side of the van, as the driver pulls closer, and then they hop out and set up the camera as Nykki steps away from me and start barking orders at the camera guy.  After a few minutes the camera is finally rolling and I look directly into the camera.

“Gabriel congratulations on becoming the FIRST Heavyweight Champion in SCW.  Hope your party was fun, and having all your friends around for your celebration was a blast.  I hope you had a lot of fun, cause come this Sunday you got to step back into the ring with me.  Thanks to Nykki you won’t be facing the same guy you faced at High Stakes.  I’m not going to be the same guy Matt Ward was trying to turn me into.  I’m going to Climax Control with one goal and one goal only.  I’m going to wrestle my ass off, and go toe to toe with you unlike at High Stakes were you got the worst of me.” I say, starting to feel my adrenaline pumping as the words came out.

“At Climax Control, you are getting me at one hundred percent.  We won’t have to go through a dozen wrestlers to face each or compete in multiple matches.  When that bell rings and we are tagged into the match, you and I are going to tear the roof down again.  We are going to give the fans a match that they won’t ever forget, and a match, that every other male in the back will be attempting to top for years to come.”

I pause for a moment as I spread my arms before I continue to talk - “I’m at the bottom right now Gabriel.  I’m not going to be held down or held back.  You and Kittie can rip me a part all you want, but it will not change the fact that I came to wrestle.  This is my time, and I’m going straight to the fucking top man. I want to leave you with this Gabriel.”

I smile comes across my face as I move closer to the camera looking it directly in the lens. - “ You might be the champion Gabriel, but my only question for you is, are you going to come with me to the top, or stay at the bottom with everybody else?” I ask before the scene fades to black.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:13:36 AM by JT Underwood »