Author Topic: Drunken Memories  (Read 1133 times)

Matt Ward

Drunken Memories
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »
 The scene opens up in a pretty dead bar.  The only people in the bar right now are the bartender behind the bar and a man sitting on a bar stool at the bar.  as the scene gets closer, it turns out the man sitting at the bar is none other than Sin City Wrestling’s resident drunk Ryan King.  A half empty bottle of Jägermeister a single shot glass resting in front of him and a cigarette between his lips.  He reaches for the bottle and slowly tilts the bottle slowly until the black liquorish flavored liquor starts slowly filling up the shot glass.

After taking a drag off his cigarette and exhaling slowly he takes another drag, before looking at the shot glass for a brief moment he raises it up to his mouth, exhales slowly, as the smoke floats up towards the ventilation shaft and quickly tosses his head back and turns the shot glass over, pouring the shot down his throat and slamming the glass back down onto the bar.  He looks down the bar at the bartender and begins to speak, his words slurring slightly as he does.

“Shanks for shticking around tonight Joe.  Iz hate being alone on thish night.  The two most important people in my life were ripped violently away from me a few yearshs ago.”

Ryan takes a couple of drags off his cigarette before putting it out in the ashtray and  pours himself two more shots before he continues to talk, his mind already starting to wonder.

“Iz been four yearshs shince they were gunned down before Ize could even attemptsh to protect them.”

Ryan’s eyes gloss over as he sits remembering what happened those short four years ago.  Reliving it as he slurs the story out to Joe the bartender………

November 11th, 2007

The scene goes from being a bar to a flashback, and we are now seeing an amusement park with numerous roller coasters and various other rides for families and friends to enjoy.  Sitting on a bench wearing a hoodie, a pair of jeans and a pair of sunglasses resting on top of his head is a younger Ryan King.  Directly next to him is a young girl and on the other side of the young girl is a beautiful brunette that looks to be closer to Ryans age.  Ryan has an arm around the both of them and is looking down at the young girl in the middle.  She turns up to Ryan and smiles, her beautiful blue eyes twinkle in the sun as she starts to talk.

“I’m getting hungry daddy, when are we going to go get some food?”

Letting out a little laugh Ryan pulls her into his lap and hugs her as he answers “Soon Sarah, soon.  We got to wait for mommy to figure out what she wants to do for her birthday first.” Leaning down and kissing Sarah on her head, he looks over at his wife and grasps her hand with his. “Where do you want to go Becca?”

Looking distracted, Becca squeezes Ryans hand and looks at Ryan and Sarah tilting her head while thinking about it.  A slow grin spreads across her face and she leans into to Ryans ear and whispers something to him.  Ryan lets out a chuckle and looks down at Sarah for a moment.

“Are you sure Becca?  It is your birthday after all.” he asks as Becca stands up. “Yes, I am sure.  Let’s get out of here.  It is way too crowded now.”

Becca grabs Sarah’s hand and the two girls start walking away from Ryan as he grabs the bags and follows.  He catches up with them and uses his free hand to take Sarah’s hand into his and holds it as they start walking towards the entrance.  As they walk around a corner a massive figure starts screaming and yelling like a mad man.  The man rips open his trench coat and pulls a fully automatic assault rifle out and starts spraying bullets randomly in a circle.

Ryan drops the bags and clutches his stomach in pain as one of the bullets pierces through his hoodie and rips through his stomach and exits out his back.  He vaguely hears Becca and Sarah screaming before a second bullet goes through his left thigh, and a third rips through his shoulder.  His eyes stay on the shooter as he falls to the ground and he looks over to his wife and daughter and crawls over to their motionless bodies.

The last thing he sees before blacking out from the pain is a blood trail between his wifes eyes, and a large blood stain over his daughter’s heart as the scene fades.

November 11th, 2011  

The scene transitions back to the bar with Ryan King and Joe the bartender.  Ryan has finished off his first bottle of Jägermeister and grabs the second bottle that Joe placed up on the bar and pours another shot, when a towering shadow steps up next to Ryan and sits down next to him.

“Jack and Coke please.” says a familiar voice as Ryan downs his shot and slams the glass back down on the bar top.  He looks to his right and a weak smile comes across his face.

“Well if it Izen’t the giant himself, The Freight Train of Pain, Cashey Williams.” Ryan says with a sarcastic tone as he pours another shot and raises it to Casey before downing it and bringing it back down onto the bar top. “So how is it going there Shamp?  Oh that’s right, youse didn’t win the Heavyweight Shampionship at High Stakes.  That Cris Angel impersonator Gabriel walked away with it.  Good job get your revenge on him and hish partner.”  
Ryan grips the bottle of Jägermeister and raises it to his lips and takes a big gulp from it as Joe places a coaster down along with a napkin and puts a glass of Jack and Coke down on the coaster.  Joe turns his attention to Casey - “Would you like your usual double cheeseburger and chili cheese fries Mr. Williams?”

Shaking his head no Casey turns his attention to Ryan and asks a dumb question - “You ok man?”

Ryan stands up and places his hands on the bar so that he can get his balance, before Jägermeister bottle in hand he starts walking around.

“Am Ize ok?  Ize can’t believe he just asked me that Joe.” Ryan lets out with a roar. “Yesh Cashey I’m just fucking peashy.  Four yearshs ago tonight Ize lost the only two things in the world Ize really gave a fuck about.  More than some stupid promise to some guy Ize met in college. More than some stupid wrestling contract for just another wrestling promotion ‘based’ in Vegas.”

Ryan chugs more of the Jägermeister before continuing on his rant.

“I know I’m really fucking drunk right now, but come Climax Control, the two bit has been Bruce Evans, and his wannabe white boy rapper from 8 Mile partner Kid Karma are in for a wild ride.  Bruce wants to tell me to sit back and watch him kick your ass.  Well he is going to have to be on his feet to do that and I frankly won’t be the one to allow him to do that.  I could care less if he is a living legend.  SCW doesn’t care about that dumb shit.  It isn’t about what you accomplished in the past, but what you do in the here and now.”

Ryan takes another swig of Jägermeister before falling backwards over one of the tables and lands against a wall as Casey runs over to him, with his cell phone out as the scene fades to black.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:15:00 PM by Matt Ward »