Author Topic: One Very Busy Champion  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
One Very Busy Champion
« on: November 10, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
 Three days ago...

The Sin City Wrestling heavyweight title is seen as the scene starts, resting gently on a wooden table. Hands are seen either side, but nothing else. The voices of Gabriel and Shane Boswell can be heard talking though...

I still can't believe it Shane, but there it is

It was earned Gabriel, you went from being the first in the ring to the last in the ring to get that. It wasn't like you stole it or anything, you actually got in the ring and won it fairly.

Am I ready for this?

Of course you are. It wouldn't be sitting there right in front of you if you wasn't ready for it, would it? End of the day, you went out and showed each and every person out there that you're not just a tag team wrestler from our odd little family, you are Gabriel, Sin City Wrestling's first heavyweight champion. There was twelve men battling for that belt, twelve and you rose to the top like Synn expected.

Synn expected?

He's made no secret of it to myself or Fantasia. He had a sneaky feeling you was going to walk out with that title. I think he actually made some money on it. It is Vegas after all, isn't it? Where you can bet on two flies crawling up a wall if someone lays odds. You were never the favourite in the bookmakers eyes, everyone expected JT Underwood or Blade Alexander to walk away with the title. There was long odds on you to win, and I think Synn won enough to keep him in luxary for a little longer.

Happy to help I guess but Shane, I've never been a heavyweight champion before. AWA Tag team and Television champion, yes, but never the guy that leads a place. It's all eyes on me now. What happens from here?

Well you know JT Underwood is number one contender for the title, so you focus on JT and you focus hard. Then after you kick his arse all over Vegas, someone else will step up, Blade maybe, or Nick Jones, or maybe even Rage, and you deal with them too. You just keep moving through the competition to show you are the best here. You don't have to go out and justify everything to the crowd, they already know you are the top dog in Sin City Wrestling, but you seem like you need to remind yourself that you are the best this place has to offer.

I guess it's just not sinking in at the moment.

You only won the belt a couple of days ago, it will take time for it to sink in, but next week, you team with Kittie, to take on JT Underwood and Misty, so the belt doesn't come in to play, all you have to do is go out there and do what you always do. You go out and win. I mean it should be easy, Misty has her family on her mind, all that shit that's going on with Mark and Spike is going to effect her and JT... well JT is hurt by not winning the Heavyweight title.

How so?

Think about it numbnuts. He expected to walk out with the title, he thought it was a given he was gonna win it, and the simple fact he didn't win it, actually hurt him. Mentally, he didn't know who he was to begin with. The guy has reinvented himself so many times since he's been here, he doesn't even know who he is. All he thought he knew, was he was groomed to be the heavyweight champion, he thought it was a given thanks to his manager and who his managers cousin is. He thought he was gonna be given the star treatment. You putting a spanner in the works has effected him

Still have to respect him slightly though, not by choice by slightly. I mean he's come in, main evented a lot in this place, worked hard to find a place where he feels at home. Always trying to improve himself, even if he struggles at times. I can't just brush him off as a nothing threat.

I didn't say that, just don't believe the hype he's trying to bring around himself

The hype?

Everything JT does is for attention, a lot of barking but a distinct lack of bite. When he goes out there shouting the odds and insulting, he's just trying to make himself believe in who he is. He's a good wrestler but raw... who knows, maybe a healthy addition to the sins someday if he can find his niche without changing too much. He changes week in, week out to make people notice him, and get himself hyped up, when the truth is, he's mortal. He's just another new guy with limited experiance in the ring, that he hides with big talk.

He's improving

He won't improve enough over the next couple of weeks to have any chance of beating Sin City Wrestling's Heavyweight champion.

I smile everytime I hear those words, look down and see that title. Still can't believe it's mine and has been for days.

It's gonna be yours for a long time buddy. Eventually, you'll get used to it. I don't think there's anyone on the roster that can actually take the title off you.

I'm gonna give them all an oppotunity to try. I'll be a fighting champion, I'll take on anyone that thinks they're man enough to take this belt from me, I don't care. I got my hands on this title and it's gonna take a lot to take it off me.

Now that's the side of you Synn and I wanna see. The fighting champion that fears no one.

I didn't fear anyone before I won the belt. I was happy stepping in the ring with everyone who felt they could beat me, and I still have a great record against a lot of big guys, I have a good record here I don't plan on changing. I know people are gonna work harder against me now, because of that shiny gold thing on the table but you needed to work hard to beat me in the first place, I don't think anyone has that in them right now.

There is a lot of new talent coming in that used to be capable of great things. Nightmare Sean Williams, I remember him from days gone by, he was good and well Rage, he wouldn't be a sin if he wasn't good enough. As for Nick Jones... I know Mr Jones and his entourage, have done for years, that man is dangerous, sneaky, and when he gets in his groove, he's hard to deal with in the ring. There's a lot of talent here, but remember who number one is right now. You are, that's why the belt is here rather then in JT's possession

I know and I have faith I can defend it well, I'm even curious to get in the ring with those new guys you mentioned to see how I stand up against great talent as you put it Shane, but I came here for tag gold with Despayre.

Despayre is the proudest one out of all of us that you won this title. You should have seen him backstage after he left the ring, his eyes never moved from the screen. He was urging you to win the title belt. That little guy was so happy when you won, he nearly cried.

Really?

Yes, really. That's why he's throwing you that party in a couple of days. He has a huge surprise for you.

Oh yeah?

I'm not gonna bloody tell you what it is! It would ruin it. Can't wait to see the look on your face when you see it.

Life just seems to get better and better, eh?

Perks of being the top guy

I can get used to this life I think.

You should do Gabriel, this is the life you'll gonna be living for a long time. It's there for you to take hold of and I know you won't be dropping the ball on this one. You were born to lead this federation. You were born to lead a lot of things.

I don't know about a lot of things, but I am gonna lead this federation, I am going to go out there and give it my all. This title is what will drive me on to keep going. I think I know now what Casey Williams was talking about when he said I was different last week.

What?

I think he meant I lost my spark, that I lost my motivation for wrestling and at the time, he might have been right

But now?

It's back and I feel fresh again. I'm motivated to go out there every single show and come out winning.

You doubted you'd do it any other way?

No... well, I felt unmotivated slightly. I had money, I had women, I had everything, I didn't think I needed to wrestle. I did it because of Despy, but thank god I did it because of Despy because I am on top of the world, looking down at everyone else and that is a great feeling, let me tell ya! This feels like my world again, feels like I'm the king, looking down on everyone and knowing that one by one, each of them will bow before me.

Very... regal.

I'm back Shane, and after this talk, I know I'm ready to take on the world, I'm ready for JT Underwood, I know I can't touch Misty but I can make JT prime example number one that this belt on me wasn't just an accident, it wasn't a fluke or a lucky break, it was destiny. My destiny to win Sin City Wrestling's Heavyweight title and I sure as hell am not giving it up without a fight. JT Underwood may be number one contender, JT Underwood may have my respect, but JT Underwood will never have my title

Fighting talk, I like it

Just the truth Shane, nothing but the truth.

Synn would be so proud hearing you talk like this.

I'm gonna make everyone a believer of me Shane, everyone. I will keep this belt, or die trying...

I know you will

Two days ago

Gabriel is seen sitting in an empty arena, the Centennial Hills Community Center in Las Vegas. He looks down at the ringside area being set up and a couple of independant wrestlers in the ring under the watchful eye of Christian Underwood, trying to earn a contract in Sin City Wrestling. Gabriel looks over his shoulder, where the Sin City Wrestling Heavyweight title belt rests. A female voice is heard behind him.

"Gabriel?"

Gabriel turns around to see SCW head reporter, Pussy Willow standing behind him.

"Hey" Gabriel replies.

"Funny place to do an interview" Pussy comments

"Well" Gabriel starts "You wanted to know me a little from Gabriel the wrestler, to Gabriel the person, but since I won this heavyweight title, I'm drawn to the arenas. Take a seat"

Pussy Willow sits down next to Gabriel and starts to speak.

"Well let's start with the obvious question" Pussy starts "How does it feel to be the first ever heavyweight champion?"

"Feels amazing" Gabriel starts "I can't believe I went through the entire roster, out lasting them from start to finish, beating one after the other. It's really worth it when you sit there and have the main prize at the end of everything, the prize everyone wanted. I know some have claimed it was a lucky win, but actually, I thought I kicked a whole lot of arse out there and came out with what I deserved"

"Let's go back to the start for you" Pussy says "You came here with the Seven Deadly Sins, in the hunt for the tag gold with Despayre, you're now Heavyweight champion, has that effected your relationship with Despayre"

"Not at all" Gabriel says with a shrug "Despayre and I are closer then ever. He was so happy at me winning the title, he's throwing a party for me at he and Synn's house tomorrow, you should come along. I know this is a Despayre arranged party, so anything can happen"

"Great" Pussy says with a smile "Let's talk about your first day here, what was it like walking in to Sin City Wrestling on day one"

"It was an odd experience" Gabriel says

"How so?" Pussy replies

"Well, I walked in the door with Synn and Despayre, Shane and Fantasia and I looked around at all these people I've heard of but never met" Gabriel says "I was in London last Christmas, winning the AWA Tag Team titles with Despayre and Shane took us to Hot Stuff Mark Ward's house, he let all the sins stay there, threw wild parties, etc. He spoke of his GXW and GCW days alongside wrestlers like Misty, Matt Ward, Spike Staggs, Tom Dudely etc and I walked backstage at the first SCW show, and there they all were, offering advice to the younger generation of wrestler. It was something very surreal seeing all these guys around. I was in a little shock looking at these guys that had held title after title"

"Did it intimidate you?" Pussy asks

"Not really" Gabriel says "But it is weird walking in to the office on the first day and seeing these guys there. Makes you wonder if you've made it now or just making up the numbers. I know Synn wouldn't have put us there if he thought we couldn't compete, but it's clear Despayre and I can compete with the best."

"Do any of these guys offer advice?" Pussy asks

"From time to time someone offers you the occasional word of advice" Gabriel says with a shrugs "But when it comes down to advice, I usually turn to Synn, Shane or Fantasia. They've wrestled all over the world and know what they're doing, they've had success in so many places, I don't really need to step outside and seek others advice"

"In general, what do you think of the talent Sin City Wrestling has to offer?" Pussy asks Gabriel.

"The talent pool here is deep and I know that the staff are working hard adding to it." Gabriel replies "Some of the guys recently brought in have the talent to go on to bigger and better things. Christian and Mark have worked extremely hard pulling in old contacts and their door is always open for new guys. Some unwritten rule about if you think there's someone out there who can make a difference here, tell the bosses and if they agree, go and recruit them. This place is like a family, who try to help each other out. It's a very laid back place compared to others."

"What do you think makes Sin City Wrestling so unique?" Pussy asks

"I think there is no defined style here" Gabriel says thoughtfully "You have your federations based purely on sports entertainment, you have some based on straight up wrestling and you have some based on high flying stuff. SCW is open to everything, they're open to put each of those aspects in to the ring and it works. We got Blade Vs Maoi coming up, two guys who are technically sound, and we got two women in a parking lot brawl. This place offers everything"

"What's your thoughts on the Bombshells of Sin City Wrestling?" Is the next question asked

Gabriel smiles

"The bombshells here are the best in the world" Gabriel replies "These women put other places to shame with their passion and skill. They're on the same level as the men here by far. When you sit and look at Fantasia, Misty, Kittie and Raynin, you know you have four women there who can rival the top men here. You also have Angelica who can mix it up in the ring too, and some new girls bursting with talent. The bombshells here can piss over any women's division in the country. I can't think of one better, can you?"

"No" Pussy replies with a smile "We have the hottest talent in the country"

Gabriel smiles and nods his head

"The men's division" Pussy starts "We have a lot of talent but if you could improve it in any way, how would you do that?"

Gabriel pauses for a second or two

"I don't think it needs too much improvement" Gabriel starts "Get the titles filled and add a couple more names to the roster and I think it would be set to sky rocket"

"Some people are saying there is already too many names on the roster to get everyone booked, what's your view on that?" Pussy asks

"I don't feel there's such a thing as too many names on the roster" Gabriel says seriously "I feel there's always room for one or two more names to add competition to the competition already there"

"The Sins added Rage to their impressive stable and Kid Karma has already said in a promo last week that he has plans for a new group" Pussy says "Can you see a stable war in the future?"

Gabriel runs his fingers across his chin

"I don't know" Gabriel says "Karma could just be blowing hot air out to try and make himself get noticed. I think us adding Rage to the Sins was a genius idea. Rage was a sin before me, his return has just made things a lot stronger"

"Had you met Rage before his appearence at High Stakes?" Pussy asks.

"Just once" Gabriel replies "Let me tell ya, the guy is intense. Just the look of him is just plain scary, let alone what he can do in the ring"

"What made him attack Blade Alexander?" Pussy asks

"You'll see on Climax Control" Gabriel says with a wink "He's gonna explain his actions there"

"We'll wrap this one up now Gabriel" Pussy says "It's been great getting to know what the champion thinks of the way things are going here. I will see you at the party"

"Great" Gabriel says with a smile "Starts at four, till well, whenever the last person falls"

Pussy smiles and stands up, leaving Gabriel to his own thoughts

Yesterday....

The amazing house of Synn and Despayre is seen in the background. Gabriel walks up to the door and taps on it. Gabriel is wearing blue jeans, torn at the knee, a black T-shirt and a leather jacket on this not so warm Vegas day. Gabriel's title belt rests over his shoulder as the door slowly opens, and Teresa, Synn's house keeper opens the door. She peers at Gabriel.

"Hello Mr Gabriel" Teresa says "Come on in, oh is that the title, very nice"

"Thanks" Gabriel replies.

You'd think they'd give me a key for this place... on second thoughts, hate to walking in on Synn

"The party is by the pool today" Teresa informs Gabriel

"Thanks" Gabriel says

Gabriel makes his way through the house, through lavishly decorated rooms before reaching the back door. He pushes it open and quickly walks through.

"GABRIEL!!!" Despayre's voices yells out above the crowd of people

Members of the SCW Staff, crew and a selection of the roster are seen scattered around the pool. All turning to see Despayre's yell, the people begin to cheer and clap. Gabriel smiles and nods as Despayre runs towards him and flings his arms around the man he considers to be his big brother. Gabriel taps Despayre on the back and Despayre releases his hug on Gabriel.

"I now owe Angel a coke" Despayre says, nodding his head towards Angel, seated on a buffet table.

"Why?" Gabriel enquirers

"He said you'll be late and he was right" Despayre says

Gabriel smiles at Despayre

"Erm, ugh, stuck in traffic" Gabriel stumbles out.

Despayre turns and looks at Angel and nods, as if hearing something.

"Angel said is traffic your new girlfriend?" Despayre asks innocently "Because you're always stuck in traffic"

Gabriel frowns

"Your bear has a filthy mind Despy" Gabriel replies

Despayre smiles and leads Gabriel towards the pool, Gabriel turns his head and sees a stage set up. He shrugs as Despayre hands him a drink. Gabriel takes a sip and looks at Despayre.

"Cherry coke?" Gabriel says slowly

"Of course" Despayre says with a smile

Gabriel looks around to see various people from behind the scenes of Sin City Wrestling when a hand taps him on the shoulder. Gabriel turns around to see Synn standing behind him, alongside Rage, and Shane Boswell.

"Congratulations champ" Synn says with a smile

"Thank you" Gabriel says "How much did you win on me?"

"Enough to cover this party and pay half towards Despayre's big surprise" Synn says

Gabriel looks around to see a clown juggling in the distance and a man blowing fire.

"Please tell me that isn't my surprise" Gabriel says jetting a thumb towards the clown

"Thankfully not" Synn replies "Your surprise will be on that stage shortly"

Despayre darts off, and runs back to Gabriel, handing him a bowl of something with a spoon in.

"Jello and ice cream" Despayre says excitedly

Gabriel puts his drink down and looks in the bowl

"Partying like a fucking rockstar here" Gabriel whispers to Synn and Rage.

Synn smiles back

"Despayre arranged the whole thing" Synn says "Even that"

Synn nods his head towards Ms Rocky Mountains and Pussy Willow in tight, micro bikinis.

"Daaaaaaaamn" Gabriel says exhaling "How? Why? What the?"

Synn rests a hand on Gabriel's shoulder

"The kid has some very persuesive ways" Synn says "He could probably sell sand to an arab if he had to"

Gabriel nods and smiles. Feedback from a microphone is heard and Despayre is seen on the stage holding Angel in his hands.

"Ahem" Despayre says clearing his throat "Today, we're all here to celebrate Gabriel's title win at High Stakes"

People around start to cheer as Gabriel moves to the front of the stage with Synn.

"So Angel and I thought we needed to get Gabriel a great present" He continues "So taking a break from their European tour, just to be here today, just for you Gabriel, I give you Taylor Momsen and The Pretty Reckless!"

The Pretty Reckless enter from behind the stage and Gabriel stands open mouthed, looking at the stage as the intro to "Goin' Down" starts to blast through the speakers. Despayre jumps off the stage and stands next to Gabriel

"Despy" Gabriel says with shock in his tone "How did you pull this off?"

Despayre smiles at Gabriel

"Turns out..." Despayre starts "Taylor Momsen is a huge fan of Angel"

Gabriel opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"She thinks you're ok too" Despayre says with a smile "But she likes Angel more"

Gabriel smiles and puts an arm around Despayre's shoulder

"They always do bud" Gabriel says "Always do"

The scene fades out to Gabriel, Despayre and Angel moving along to the music

Today...

Upon a mountain side in Las Vegas, Gabriel is seen looking down at the lights of the brightest city in the world. He takes a seat, his legs hanging over the edge and the title belt across his lap. He breathes deeply and starts to speak.

"What a whirlwind these last few days have been" Gabriel says "Being the champion is not the easiest job in the world. Interviews, parties, people coming at you from all directions to talk to you about winning. The endless congratuations from every single person in the business and fans alike. It's busy being a champion but worth it. The time for partying and interviews are over for now because it's all about focus, all about thinking about my opponents next week. Time to think about my partner too. It's time to think of Kittie"

Gabriel pauses for a few seconds

"Kittie is an indivual you'd want on your side in something like this situation. As unstable as she is pretty, yet just perfect to have on your team in this one. I know she feels like she should have that Bombshells title belt. I know she wants it so bad, I know she's the living embodiment of envy right now, so for one night only Kittie, you are offered a spot in the sins... one night only but I feel the benefit of a word or two with Synn will show you how to channel that envy in to a winning formula." Gabriel says seriously "I strongly recommend you take advantage of that. Very strongly recommend that. If anyone knows how to turn a sin in to a win, it would be us. Look what Synn has done for me Kittie.... isn't this what you crave"

Gabriel points down to the title belt

"You want gold and some of us know how to get it" Gabriel says with a smirk "Come, be a sin for a night and learn all you can and you have my word that we shall be successful against JT Underwood and Misty"

Gabriel stands up and stares down at the lights

"I wanna talk about you Mr Underwood" Gabriel starts "You strangly interest me. You're lost, looking for guidence from every path yet never knowing where it's going. See, I know I can't be anything other then what I am. I chose a path and I followed it JT. I picked one and I walked it, but you sir, you're a very confused man. You're a very lost soul. You follow Matt like he is the ultimate leader, but what has he done for you? You want Hot Stuff to teach you the ropes, doesn't that show lack of faith in Matt. I heard Matt went to Hot Stuff to ask him to teach you. Doesn't that show you right there and then that he has no faith in himself, so why should you?"

Gabriel shrugs

"You let Blade turn you in to something different, you let Blade dictate your path and change who you thought you was" Gabriel says seriously "You looked towards that woman to help you along in your career, but where did that get you? Not very far JT. I respect the fact you've worked hard in every match you've been in, you have the tools to make it to the top, but you switch your direction way too much. Pick your path and walk it, or guys like me, will pick you to pieces with your own doubts and insecurities. You are indeed your own worst enemy JT, no one else, you. Go look in the mirror, tell me what stares back at you because when I look at you, I see wasted potential, potential that could control and dominate this business but until you can control yourself, till you can master your own mind, you will always be wasted potential"

Gabriel breathes deeply

"It's not critism JT, because I don't dislike you, I am trying to help you" Gabriel says brushing the hair out of his eyes "I am trying to help you rise. It can be done when all you need to do is put your focus on one thing. If you want this title belt, then I recommend you ditch everyone, stop hanging around people that are using you to help them rise and start connecting with people who can truly help you become that star you really wanna be. Get rid of Matt, get rid of that woman, stop dreaming about trying to brown nose a boss to help you up, work out who you are, because if not, you will struggle and this gold of mine, will never be anywhere near you."

Gabriel looks at the sky

"Everyone is shooting for the top JT, without exception" Gabriel says staring up "Everyone wants to be me right now and having this belt, I know you do. I know you wanna be here where I am, doing all the things I had to do this week to just because I am the champ. I saw it in your eyes when I pinned you and stole your dream, I saw how bad you wanted this belt. I see your heart break in a million pieces the second the referees hand hit the canvas. I saw it, I saw the soul shattering effect it had on you. Now you have this golden oppotunity JT, absolutely golden. So you can't take my belt away from me this week, but you have the chance to one up me. You get the oppotunity to show you're not a joke, that you can be legit. I seriously recommend you make the most of this chance JT. If you insist on having Matt advising you, then I strongly recommend he goes out and gets some advise himself because he's gonna have to get you at the top of your game. Welcome to the biggest challenge you have faced so far. You think Blade was something special, you ain't seen nothing yet JT, nothing"

Gabriel looks straight down the camera

"And Misty" Gabriel starts "Never thought I'd have to be talking about beating a chick here.... when I say beating, I mean pinning JT and you losing, been told it's an instant DQ if I hit you and likewise if JT hits Kittie, but I feel congratulations are in order for you"

Gabriel tilts his head

"Fine victory when you, like me, was an outside chance, an underdog when there was so much talent in the ring. So kudos, kudos to you for mirroring me and overcoming the odds"

Gabriel pauses

"Sadly, I know, champion to champion, that as soon as you win the belt, a target gets painted on your arse and people try to make your life hell" Gabriel says with a mock fake sad nod "Here's the issue though, my number one contender is JT, and I've already shown you JT's problems, but yours, yours is not all there in the head. I've heard she is willing to rip you to pieces without a second thought, I know deep down, she can not wait to get in that ring and go at you. Did you see the look on her face when you won? Yikes"

Gabriel shakes his head slowly and steps towards the edge of the mountain looking down

"I really wouldn't wanna be you when Kittie gets in the ring at Climax Control. She is ready and apparently very angry. For your sake I hope you just let JT do the work. He'll be better off taking the punishment, then you will when Kittie gets in the ring"

Gabriel sticks a foot over the mountain

"If it wasn't for Spike, you two would be such a cute couple" Gabriel says with a wink "See, I wonder how Spike really feels about this, his future wife having to train hard with another man, getting ignored while the love of his life tries to create chemistry with another. That's what tag wrestling is all about, creating chemistry. Kittie and I, there's chemistry there without even trying, we don't have much of an opinion on each other right now, but the respect is there. You two need to create chemisty, takes some time"

Gabriel steps his other foot over the mountain, hovering there with no ground beneath his feet.

"If I was Spike, I'd be keeping an eye on JT" Gabriel says "The man is so confused, he may mistake her for a single woman. Maybe she is the next in a line of people JT Underwood, would like to follow, more coat tails to ride."

Gabriel smiles down the camera.

"Nothing is impossible" Gabriel says, looking down at his feet hovering over the huge drop below him. "But defeating me and Kittie.... runs damn close"

The scene fades out
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>