Author Topic: A Done Deal  (Read 1045 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
A Done Deal
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
 Saturday, October 22nd

The clock on the nightstand reads 7:59 AM.  The curtains are still drawn shut and Misty is, surprisingly, still asleep.  When the time changes to 8:00 AM, the alarm on Misty’s phone goes off.  Misty’s eyes flutter open and she reaches for her phone, instinctively hitting the snooze option on the screen.  It shuts off temporarily and she buries her face back in the pillow.

Only a couple of minutes later, her phone goes off again, this time because someone is calling her.  She growls and rolls over and reaches for her phone again. “Dixie” is seen on the screen.  She rolls her eyes and answers the call, hitting the speaker phone.

“This better be good, Dixie.” She growls as she answers the call and yawns.

“And good morning to you, too, sunshine.” Dixie’s voice is heard with a slight hint of laughter. “Tell me you’re not still sleeping?”

Misty rubs her eyes. “Would I be on the phone with you if I was still sleeping?” She responds.

“Smart ass.  You know what I meant.  Your match is tomorrow and you’re sleeping in!” Dixie shoots back.

“I slept in because I was at the gym late last night.  I couldn’t sleep because it’s too quiet so I used the opportunity to get a workout in.  Relax would ya.”  Misty finally sits up in the bed and stretches.  She walks over to the window and opens the curtains, nearly blinded by the sun.

“Uh huh, sure.” Dixie replies with a hint of sarcasm. “Anyway, you want to go get some breakfast or something?”

Misty starts rummaging through her suitcase for some clean clothes, leaving her phone on the bed. “I’d rather get lunch a little later, actually.  I’ve been getting breakfast here at the hotel.  Speaking of which, I haven’t seen you since last week.  Didn’t you say you were staying here?”

Dixie pauses for a minute and Misty notices.

“I’ve been busy apartment hunting all week, honestly.”

Misty stares at her phone as if expecting Dixie to see her questioning look. “Yeah, sure.  Something is telling me you’re keeping something from me, but whatever.  Look, I need to take a shower.  Just meet me here at noon and we can go get some lunch.”

“Sounds good to me!  I’ll see you in a few hours then.” Dixie says enthusiastically.

“Sure thing.  Talk to you later.” Misty replies, standing in the doorway to the bathroom.

“Bye, sis!’

Misty hits the end button and shakes her head. “That girl may be my sister, but she is a terrible liar.”

She tosses her phone on the bed, then disappears into the bathroom to take a shower.

****Four hours later…****

It’s just about time for Misty to meet Dixie for lunch.  She is watching T.V, looking very impatient as she keeps glancing at the clock.  She is flipping furiously through the channels, when her phone vibrates, alerting her of a text message.

‘I’m in the parking lot.  Meet me by my car.’ The message from Dixie reads.

Misty rolls her eyes and sends a reply.  She turns the T.V off, grabs her things and heads out the door.  A few minutes later she is walking out of the hotel looking around for Dixie’s car.  As she is scanning the parking lot, she sees no sign of Dixie, but one very familiar, unexpected face catches her eye.  Parked next to her, and standing outside of his car, is none other than her fiancée, Spike.

“I thought you were staying home this week?!” She asks as she runs up to him and hugs him.

“And miss you and Kittie kick some ass?” He grins. “Not a chance.”

Misty looks around Spike, expecting to see Dixie. “Is Dixie with you?  She sent me a message..” She stops in mid-sentence when she sees Spike shake his head.  Dixie was obviously in on this whole thing.

“She’s with Eden and Timmy.  I set this up so I could talk to you about something.”

Misty takes a step back, looking at him curiously. ‘Ok, what’s going on?”

“Get in the car and I’ll show you.”

Spike doesn’t give Misty a chance to object, as he gets in the drivers side.  He points at the passenger’s seat, signaling for Misty to get in.  She shrugs her shoulders and obliges.

“Would you just tell me what’s going on?” She asks as she fastens her seat belt.

“Nah, I don’t think I will.  I like to watch you squirm.  You’ll just have to wait and see.” Spike smirks, but Misty doesn’t.  She folds her arms and pouts, much like their three and a half year old would, and Spike laughs.  He starts the car and puts it in reverse.  He speeds off out of the parking lot.

About five minutes later, Spike pulls the car up outside a nice two story house with a four foot security fence around the perimeter of the yard.  The house is a crimson red color with black shutters and trim.  The front and back yards are both very spacious as well.

“What do you think?” Spike asks, breaking the silence, and only causing Misty to get a little confused.  She looks at the house, then back to Spike, not sure where this is going.

“Of what?  The house?  I’d say it’s gorgeous from the outside, but what’s your point?”  She can’t be this clueless, she thought.

“Ok. Maybe you’ll like it better if you see the inside.” He responds, sounding a bit disappointed.

Misty shakes her head apologetically.  “I’m sorry, babe.  This just caught me off guard a bit.  You know I have this big match tomorrow night, so I wasn’t really expecting to go house hunting today.”

“Just go inside and take a look.  Then, I promise you can focus as much time and energy on your match.” He says, pointing to the house.

Misty sighs then unfastens her seat belt. “Alright. Fine. But this really could have waited until Monday.”

Misty gets out of the car, heading up the sidewalk and to the front door.  She turns around and looks at Spike who is following behind her.

“It’s open.” He says, motioning for her to go inside.

She nods her head, then slowly opens the front door.  Spike is watching behind her with a grin on his face.  As she walks inside, Spike watches, waiting for her reaction.  When she stops dead in her tracks, he does also.  Misty slowly turns around and looks at him wide-eyed.

“You didn’t?!” Misty is at a loss for words as she looks around the house.  

Spike nods and steps inside the house, closing the door behind him.  He looks around at all their belongings.  “Nah.  I just temporarily brought all of our stuff here so you could see what it would all look like here.” He replies sarcastically.

Misty just stares at everything, shocked.  Everything is there.  All of their pictures…their furniture.  It all had a new place in this new house.  Not one box was in site, either.

“When?...How did…Why didn’t you tell me?!” She stutters, still lost for words.

“Do you really think I was going to let you travel back and forth from Las Vegas to St. Louis week after week?  I made Tommy(Spike’s little brother) and Desiree(Misty’s other sister and Tommy’s girlfriend) help.  Oh and I can’t forget Dixie.  She helped, too.”

Misty is about to respond when she hears the laughter she’s been waiting to hear all week.  Spike points to the backyard, and Misty heads over to the back door.  She looks out to their new backyard and is almost brought to tears.  Eden is playing on a brand new swingset with a slide, with Dixie and Timmy each on a swing.  Misty walks outside, and Eden immediately spots her.

“Mommy!” She yells and starts running towards Misty.  She runs into Misty’s arms and Misty hugs her tight.

“Mommy!  We got a swing set!  Look!” Misty releases Eden, and she runs back to the swing set.  Dixie smiles and waves at Misty, and Misty does the same.  Misty watches with a smile as her daughter plays excitedly, laughing occasionally.  Spike walks up behind her.

“It’s kind of  a done deal, so whether you like the house or not, we’re stuck with it.” He says.  

Misty turns around and hugs him again, unable to wipe the smile off of her face.

“It’s perfect.  This is just what I needed.  Really.”

Misty then heads over to the slide where Eden is to spend some fun time with her for the first time in a few weeks.  A few hours of family time won’t hurt.  Then, it’s down to business.

*****Later on that night…*****

All is quiet in Misty and Spike’s new home.  Misty is in Eden’s room, tucking her under the covers.  Eden is already asleep.  Misty kisses her forhead, and sits at her bedside, just watching her sleep.  She is just so peaceful.

"The past few weeks, I've been a mess, really.  I haven't been able to concentrate.  I haven't been able to devote all my attention on what I came to SCW to do...to wrestle.  When I left St. Louis, I left a part of myself there, and I think that was my problem.  No, I'm SURE that was my problem.  How could I focus on anything, when my whole reason for living was back in St. Louis?  The answer is simple...I couldn't."

Misty runs her hand through Eden's hair, but the little girl stays asleep.

"I now have everything here that I need, and I am able to focus on doing what I need to do to prove that I AM the best woman on this roster right now.  I don't need to prove myself in one on one action.  I'll just show every woman all at once.  Kill two birds with one stone...Though in this case, it's five little birdies.  Two of them being my tag team partners."

Misty quietly laughs to herself.  She speaks as quietly as she can so as not to wake Eden.

"What can I say about Fantasia that I haven't already?  She seems to have the same problem I do, really.  She can't focus her attention on the match.  She's too involved with what's his name...Oh, right, Shane Boswell..Its hard for me to remember his name, honestly.  Anyway...she's too worried about him, then about getting her ass kicked...which is what WILL happen tomorrow night.  So am I worried about her?  No, I'm not.  I'm more worried about these two women who I DON'T know, then the one person I do know.  It's odd really.  I've only got a small peek at Raynin, and to be quiet honest, what I've seen, I'm not impressed."

Misty stops talking briefly as Eden stirs.  She turns on her side, but remains asleep.

"I've shown everyone here that I am dedicated to being here.  I'm giving this one hundred and ten percent, and nothing less.  Kittie knows it, because she feels the same way I do.  Allison Summers will find out as well if she does anything to screw Kittie and over.  I want a win this week, and I'll do whatever I have to do to get it.  And whoever Rebecca Blades is...well, she's a ghost right now.  She's too chicken to even show her face it seems.  So tomorrow night, I don't care that I'm in a tag team match.  I'm going in to do one thing and one thing only.  To show Fantasia, Raynin, Rebecca Blades, and even my tag team partners, Kittie and Allison Summers, that I'm here to stay and I mean business.  This match is only one obstacle for me to get through to get me to that Bombshell Championship."

Misty kisses Eden's forehead one more time.

"Don't worry baby girl.  Mommy will make you proud very soon."
>