Author Topic: Persuasion of the Mind...  (Read 1534 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Persuasion of the Mind...
« on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:47 PM »
 Gliding through the aisles of tables, a short woman of oriental decent carries a large tray with handles, her beautiful white gown flowing behind her as she moves. The chatter of the restaurant is plentiful, but tame in comparison to the events that had just taken place moments ago with the Staggs party in the back corner.

Through the chaos of the hibachi tables with seating, to the hibachi table visible to the audience of partons, the agility of the young waitress shines through. She is moving with the a grace and beauty of the muzak playing in the background. She is quick and precise in her movements in avoiding spilling the tray as ignorant patrons get in the way. Avoiding misfortune at every turn, however she is reluctant to reproach the table she had witnessed constant bickering, and even a one-sided, nearly physical altercation between Kittie and business manager Erik Staggs (uncle and father figure to Spike Staggs).

She takes a deep breath before approaching the table and painting on her smile once more.

“Steak an Cheeken, Lobster scallop, an sushi platter for you? Yes?”

Not even waiting for an answer, she places the steak and chicken hibachi special in front of Misty, sushi platter in front of Kittie, and lobster and scallops hibachi in front of Erik. She hands each a set of chopsticks, and then sets small trays of dipping sauces in front of each before excusing herself with a bow.

Erik looks at each of the ladies, who seem to be having a silent conversation amongst themselves. Occasionally they stare back at him, then to their plates, then back to each other. Erik eventually slams his fist against the table.

“Enough!” He says in a raised voice, drawing just a bit of attention to them from the few surrounding tables. He places his fist in front of his mouth as if trying to properly phrase what he is trying to say.

“You two really do need to take things just a little bit… no, a LOT more serious if you plan on getting anywhere near that Bombshell Championship. Not only to benefit me, which I know doesn’t make a difference to either of you, but to greatly benefit your own careers. Misty, the veteran, kicking asses, and taking names as well as belts. Kittie, the classic underdog story. Both of you are very marketable, and apparently more dependable than Angelica and Michelle. The job you have hired me to do, you are not letting me do it.”

Misty finishes chewing the bite of steak she just took and glares at Erik.  She takes a sip of her tea, then sets her chopsticks down to give him her full attention.

“The job we hired you to do?” Misty raises one eyebrow. “Funny. I don’t remember hiring you to do a damn thing.   And don’t you DARE think that neither one of us is serious about becoming the first Bombshell Champion in SCW.  I’ll prove my dedication next week at Climax Control when we team up with Allison Summers and face those two nobodies and Fantasia.”

Kittie places a piece of sushi in her mouth, chewing while nodding along with Misty. As she swallows, she rests her chopsticks atop another piece of sushi before raising her eyes to Erik’s.

“The job that I hired you to do 7 years ago, and you haven’t done any of it. You just cashed the checks from Vision Black’s mild success. You cashed in majorly on Kat’s Cradle, but as far as the few things that I accomplished in my career, it was on my own. You never had a hand in any of it, so I want you to tell me why we should give a damn about how you want us to go into this match, and just let us go along with what we want to do.”

“Because, Katalya, I will sue both of you for breach of contract in a heartbeat. You signed your careers away to me for dollars compared to the pennies I collect from you. I can proceed further into the matter if you would like, but I’m not sure you want your dirty laundry aired in public…”

Kittie clinches her fists, and begins to huff and puff, until Misty grabs her shoulder, and then looks over to Erik with glaring eyes.  Misty manages to keep Kittie as calm as possible for the moment.

“Do you really think that pissing Kittie off like this is the best idea to get us to focus on this upcoming match? Threatening her like that?!” Misty shakes her head. “Just so you know, the SECOND that little contract that I was hussled into is up, I’m done with you.  I wrestle how I see fit and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.  I’m gonna do what I have to do to ensure that Kittie, Allison and I walk out of Climax control as the winners.  I don’t know Allison, but I’m fairly sure she won’t mind my way of thinking here.”

Misty grabs her chopsticks, this time grabbing a piece of chicken.

“You want to focus on our match? Get to the freaking match already.  Don’t throw threats and bullsh*t at us just because you’re an arrogant old man.” She tosses the piece of chicken in her mouth and begins chewing very slowly.

Kittie looks down at her plate, her lips moving, but virtually no sound comes out of them. She rocks back and forth a little bit, slowly shaking her head as she does so. She picks up a piece of sushi and takes a bite from it, humming as she chews. Once she smile, she slowly begins speaking from a whisper to a shout. “… no, no, no, no, No, No, No, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! He can’t just say that about you and threaten you, Kittie. He thinks he can get away with it, and see no repercussions, but he can’t! He can’t! HE CAN’T!”

Erik drops his chopsticks, staring at Kittie with a worried expression upon his face. His mouth hangs open as she continues on, working back down to a whisper in her volume.

“… TALKING ABOUT CALEB, And matches, and money, and making fun of...”
She places the rest of her piece of sushi in her mouth, her eyes flashing hints of her insanity, while trying to regain a grip, rather unsuccessfully. Erik mutters under his breath, almost inaudibly as the entire restaurant goes quiet, looking over at the table.

“She’s off her f*cking rocker… I pay this doctor the big bucks, and she isn’t doing a damn thing but making her worse…”

Misty throws her chopsticks down, suddenly losing her appetite.  This is just what she needs.  One of her tag team partners this week to lose whatever is left of her mind.

“You happy now, Erik?!” She yells as quietly as she can so the restaurant can’t hear her. “How the hell do you expect us to beat Fantasia, Rebecca Blades and Raynin next week if Kittie is in this frame of mind? Why don’t you do us all a favor and just let us both walk away from these stupid contracts.  You may not think it’s in SEI’s best interests losing us, but do you think us LOSING would be?  Because I can promise you that it would be YOUR fault.”

Erik eyeballs Kittie as she continues on with her episode, but in a quiet manner of rocking. He looks over to Misty and leans in to try whispering, but he is startled by an outburst from Kittie.

“He’s whispering about you now! Probly wants to take you back to the hospital away from Lilly. I bet! I bet! I BET!”

Erik places his napkin over his plate in a fit, downing his glass of wine in one gulp. “Oh f*ck this. Waitress, please bring me about four shots of Jack Daniels along with the bill… See, this in a wrestling match is phenomenal, but this in public? It’s another lawsuit waiting to happen.”

“You got that damn right!” Misty shoots back. “Kittie doesn’t even have her mind on the match right now!  She’s living in the past and drifting away from reality.  I don’t want to add another loss to my record in SCW.  I don’t want to be on a winless streak, and the way I see things right now, that is damn well where this is headed!  The only one of my opponents who I know anything about is Fantasia.  I can’t be worried about Kittie accidentally costing us the match and try and learn as much about Raynin and Rebecca Blades as I can before the match.  This little dinner meeting was a horrible idea, but I’m sure you knew that.  I’m sure you’re trying to sabotage this match anyway you can.”

“Sabotaging two of my only three actives? Like this is some conspiracy against you? Maybe you need help, too. Letting you two out of your contracts, not happening. I will try to be more flexible to your needs. I am paying for Kittie’s therapy, trying to help her. I am not this bad guy that you think I am. I try to keep face, but any smart businessman pushes his investments. He strives to do what he can to make his product sell. Hating me does that, but this… this…”

Erik gestures over toward Kittie in a desperate attempt to keep the situation from getting any worse.

“This just isn’t what I’m used to dealing with. Just… give me time to work things out. By match time, the situation WILL be remedied. Focus on your opponents, and I will make sure she does the same...”

Erik accepts his bill from the waitress and slips a few large bills into the black sleeve. He accepts the shots and quickly takes down half, offering one to Misty, while his gaze rests on Kittie, who is quietly stabbing the remainder of sushi on her plate.

Misty shakes her head, refusing the shot, leaving Erik to finish them off himself.  He slams the empty shot glasses down on the table, as Misty looks at him and shakes her head in disbelief.

“She damn well better.  Not that I trust you with paying for her therapy, because obviously, something isn’t going so well with that.  I trust Kittie when she’s SANE, which she isn’t right now.”

Erik wipes his mouth with his hand, contrary to his usual manner, shaking his head as his eyes widen from the quick shots. He allows himself to slowly stand up from the booth, receiving his coat from the waitress. In a polite gesture, he returns the bow to her before sliding his jacket on.

“You think I knew that before tonigh?. I’ve been getting positive reviews from her doctors, she performed wel on the show, I thought it was getting better. Just keep your head in the game, and I will make sure hers is.”

Erik walks away from the table, shaking his head in disbelief. His walk of shame garners the stares of every patron within the establishment besides Kittie. Once Misty sees Erik leave the restaurant, She turns to lok back at Kittie, trying to figure out whether she should leave as well, or help Kittie in some way.

Much to her surprise, Kittie looks back at the door, and then she relaxes immensely. She takes a sip from her water, and then looks over to Misty with a smile and a great sense of accomplishment.

“I thought that assh*le would never leave… You didn’t catch my hint that I was going to lay the act on thick?”

Misty’s mouth opens to speak, but nothing comes out. She is a bit confused, trying to figure… Forget it. She sighs with pure relief

“You really think I’m crazy? I’m hurt, Misty…”

Kittie winks and smiles as she finishes the last bite of her sushi that isn’t mutilated. She looks curiously at the plate, then over to Misty.

“Did you do this to my sushi when I wasn’t looking?”

Misty is walking to her car after leaving the restaurant.  She seems highly agitated as she digs her keys from out of her pocket, and hits the unlock button on the remote without really looking towards her car.  She doesn’t notice the long blonde-haired beauty leaning against the back of her car, until she is just inches away and is startled to see the woman standing there.  She jumps back, but when she gets a good look at who the woman is, her face lights up.

“Dixie?!” Misty is surprised, yet happy to see her younger half-sister. The two share a hug.

“In the flesh lady.” Dixie replies with a smile. “Happy to see me?”

“What the hell are you doing here?” Misty looks past Dixie as if expecting to see someone else. “A better question would be, how did you know I was even here?”

Dixie shrugs her shoulders. “I have my ways.” She laughs. “Seriously, though, I talked to Spike.  He told me what restaurant you would be at, so I decided to surprise you.  Mission accomplished.”

Misty nods. “Why are you in Vegas anyway, and why are you by yourself?  Shouldn’t you be back in Chicago?”

Dixie shakes her head and smiles again. “I don’t live in Chicago anymore, sis.  I needed change, and what better place for change then Sin City?!”

Misty’s eyes widen, and her jaw almost drops.  “You’re kidding, right? You moved to Las Vegas?”

“I don’t have an apartment just yet, but I’ve got something lined up.” A slight grin appears on her face. “I don’t know how we haven’t run into each other at the hotel yet either.  Spike told me you were rooming there, too.”

Misty shakes her head, trying to process all of this information.  She hasn’t seen Dixie in several months at least, and to learn that she is now living in Las Vegas is a bit of a shock.

“This is all too much for me right now.  I don’t care why you’re here, I’m just glad you’re here.  I wanted to be back home in St. Louis this week, but Spike’s joke of an uncle decided to spring this stupid dinner meeting on us at the last minute.  Family means nothing to him!” Misty starts babbling about a million different things, but Dixie hugs her again to try and calm her down.

“I think that is our cue to sit down and talk.  Let’s just get back to the hotel and we can catch up, okay?” Dixie looks Misty in her eyes, which are glossy from almost crying.  Misty is able to hold back tears as she nods her head.

“Thanks, Dixie.  I’ll meet you there.”

The two get into their respective cars and leave the restaurant parking lot, heading off towards the hotel.  A short while later, they are walking into the entrance of the Treasure Island Hotel, quietly chatting.

“My room is on the fourth floor.” Misty says, heading towards the elevators.  Dixie follows her.

“That’s fine.  I’m in no rush to get back to my room anyway.” There is something off in Dixie’s voice, but Misty can’t quite put her finger on it.  She shrugs it off as they get in the elevator and head up to the fourth floor.

“Do you know how expensive it has been staying at this place the past two weeks?  I may be wrestling again, but I refuse to live in a hotel and travel back and forth to St. Louis week after week.   Spike doesn’t seem to get that.”

Dixie bites her lip, then shrugs. “I don’t know what to tell you about that, Misty.  I’m sure you two will figure something out soon. “

“I hope so.  I can’t stand not seeing Eden every day.  She probably thinks I abandoned her or something.”  The elevator makes its stop at on the fourth floor, where Misty and Dixie head down the hall to Misty’s room.  She swipes her keycard and opens the door.  Misty walks over and plops down on the bed, while Dixie follows behind her.

“What am I doing, Dixie?  Why did I come to Vegas?” Misty says as she puts her hands under her head and stares at the ceiling.

Dixie sits in the chair on the other side of the bed and looks at Misty. “What do you mean?  I thought that answer was obvious?”

Misty turns her head to face Dixie. “I’m just trying to figure out if I made the right decision or not.  I’m pretty sure everyone in SCW is expecting me to fail, considering I have a daughter now.  How could I possibly focus on both my family and wrestling at the same time?”

“I don’t personally know any other professional wrestlers other than you, sis, but I’m pretty sure there are other wrestlers who are more than capable of balancing their careers and their family life at the same time. “ Dixie reassures Misty.  “And, I’m pretty sure that no one is expecting you to fail.”

Misty sits up and leans against the bed’s headboard. “I lost last week.  I think after that, people are going to realize that I can’t balance both.”

“I think you’re talking about yourself, Misty.  From the way I see it right now, you’re setting yourself up to fail with that mindset.  You’re only going into the second show.  Give it some time.  You’re just getting back into this.  And from what I understand, that loss last week wasn’t a true loss.  YOU didn’t get pinned.”  Dixie says matter-of-factly.

Misty takes in a deep breath and sighs. “A loss is a loss.  I just don’t want to have Eden see me lose all the time.  I want her to see me win.  Last week, I faced two opponents.  Next week, I’m facing three, only this time I’m being teamed up with Kittie and some chick that I don’t even know!  The odds aren’t exactly in my favor.”

Dixie can’t help but laugh.  She’s not used to seeing this side of Misty.

“What the hell happened to you?  You were always the most confident wrestler I’d seen.  You didn’t let anything stand in  your way of a win, and you never let yourself get so worried like this.  So what is the real issue?”

Misty stands up from the bed and walks over to her suitcase.  She opens it up and pulls out a frame holding a picture of her, Spike, Timmy and Eden.

“This,” she says, showing the picture to Dixie. “I can’t let them down, Dixie.  I’m not doing any of this for just myself anymore.  I’m doing this for my family, too.”

Dixie nods. “I understand that.  I really do.  But, seriously, snap out of it!  Go into this match next week and kick some ass, because I know you can.  I’ve seen you do it countless times before.  I don’t care who your tag team partners are or who your opponents are.  You go into that ring and show everyone out there who they should be afraid of.”

Misty places the picture frame onto the dresser, and sits back down on the bed, nodding.  She thinks to herself for a while before speaking again.

“Damn, you’re right.  I never thought I’d say that, but you are.  I guess I’m just so worried about failing now, that I’m letting it get to my head.  The worrying stops NOW.”

Dixie smiles, having accomplished what she does best.  “That’s the spirit!  Now, tell me about your match…about your opponents.”

“Well, I only really know one of them, and that is Fantasia.” She replies, shrugging her shoulders. “As far as Rebecca Blades and Raynin, I have no idea who they are or what their experience is.  That doesn’t help me, but there is nothing I can do about that.  I’ve got Kittie on my side, and I know that she doesn’t want a loss either.”

“You sure you can trust her?” Dixie asks, unsure of the answer.

“I’m fairly sure I can.  We may not be the best of friends, but she respects Spike, and I’m sure if she were to do something to screw me over, he wouldn’t appreciate that.  It’s not Kittie I’m worried about trusting anyway.  It’s that girl, Allison Summers.”

Dixie nods again.  “I see.  Well, Kittie is one tough bitch, so I’m sure you don’t need to worry about Allison Summers.  And for the record, Eden IS proud of you, no matter what you do.  Just do what you do best out there.  I have faith in you, sis.  OH!  Before I forget..”

Dixie suddenly gets excited and jumps up and down in the chair. Misty looks at her curiously.

“Do you know what Las Vegas is known for?!” Dixie claps her hands.

Misty shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders again. “Several things, Dixie.  What the hell are you so excited for?”

A wide grin spreads across Dixie’s face.  “WEDDINGS!”

Misty suddenly laughs, and shakes her head again.  She hadn’t even thought about that, but that was a subject she wasn’t ready to get on just yet.

“Maybe later, Dixie.  That is something Spike has to be let in on anyway.  Don’t get too excited just yet.” Misty laughs and watches as Dixie’s expression turns sour.  

“Oh, don’t you worry big sis.  I have a perfect record at persuading someone to do something.  You two have been engaged long enough!”

Misty rolls her eyes, but smiles regardless.  Having her sister in Vegas meant the world to her, but who knows how long before she gets annoyed by the bubbly blonde.  She wouldn’t have it any other way, though.  She’ll prove to everyone, and to herself, that she can balance her family and her career.  Her upcoming match may be a six woman tag match, but to Misty, she only has one thing on her mind.  Gold.  More specifically, being the first Bombshell Champion.  
>