Author Topic: A Little Bit of Poison  (Read 2780 times)

Matt Ward

A Little Bit of Poison
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:15:47 PM »

OOC: So, this is my first rp with this guy and not sure were I'm wanting to go with this character.  Any feedback on the OOC Forums is appreciated.

Roleplay Color Index

Ryan King
Casey Williams
Tiffany

\'user

The smell of various types of liquors and beers can be smelled as the scene opens up into a dimly lit bar.  What light is in the bar is being smothered by the lingering cloud of smoke from all the smokers in the bar.   The sound of a jukebox can be barely heard but what is coming from it is unrecognizable.   People all around are sitting in booths along the wall, sitting at the bar, or talking around pool tables.  In through the front door of the bar walks one of the recently signed wrestlers to Sin City Wrestling, Mr. Casey Williams.  Dressed in his casual attire of a plain white t-shirt with a black biker vest on top of it, a pair of blue jean shorts and some biker boots, he walks from the entrance to the bar.  Leaning over the bar he looks towards the blonde behind the bar.

“Hey wench, let me get a Jack and Coke please.”

Casey starts looking around the bar observing his surroundings and appears to be looking for somebody.  The bartender places the Jack and Coke that Casey ordered down in front of him.  Casey winks at the blonde and she just turns away, walking down to the other end of the bar.  Casey Williams proceeds to reach for the glass, and brings it to his lips, letting the drink move from the glass into his mouth.   Casey continues searching through the Smokey bar looking for somebody, when a brunette female walked up to him and smiles.

“Mr. Williams, your friend is here already, and is waiting for you in the back, come with me please.”

Casey looks the brunette up and smiles as she leads the way, with Casey following, slowly.  The brunette opens a door leading into the back of the bar into a hall way and opens a second door and motions for Casey to enter.  Casey steps up to the second door, and ducks down as he walks in so he doesn’t hit his head.  Sitting across from him is a man in a t-shirt and some boot cut jeans sitting behind a desk with his feet propped up on the desk.  On his feet rest a pair of steel toe work boots.  As Casey walks in the man stands up placing the cigarette in his right hand between his lips as he extends his hand out to Casey’s.  Both men shake hands and the one behind the desk signals for Casey to sit as he looks to the brunette at the door.

“Two Jack and Cokes please Tiffany.”

“Yes Mr. King.”

Tiffany leaves the room and Casey looks over his shoulder as she does.

“You seem to have a nice little thing going on here Ryan.  Makes me almost second guess why I asked you to meet with me.”

Ryan takes a drag from his cigarette and inhales slowly, as Tiffany walks back into the room and places two glasses of Jack and Coke down on the desk on coasters in front of the two men, and just as quickly as she walked in, she walked back out leaving the two men to talk business.  Ryan grabs his glass and leans back in his chair, placing his feet back up on the desk and looks over at Casey as he takes a sip.

“Well Casey, what did you come here for?  We haven’t seen each other in years.  I haven’t talked to you in a while, and I haven’t wrestled in a couple of years so I know I haven’t pissed you off, so what is it?”

Casey takes a long sip and looks long at Ryan, trying to get a quick read on Ryan.  The years they spent wrestling in college and they time the spent keeping in touch, was something he remembered all too well.  However he also remembered something else that the two had agreed on while still in College.

“Ryan, I came here because of a promise we made back in college.  I wanted to see if you were still up for doing it, or if this is the life you want to lead.”

Casey moves his hand signaling the room they are in with Ryan sitting and relaxing in his chair sipping on his Jack and coke and smoking his cigarette.  Ryan looks over Casey’s shoulder to a picture from at least 15 years ago were Ryan was having his hand raised by an official wearing a NCAA ref shirt.  Ryan looks back at Casey and a smirk comes across his face.

"So what exactly is that promise we made back in college?"

Casey lets out a slight growl and drinks down what was is left of his Jack and Coke in one large gulp and stands up and slams the glass down.  He places both hands down on the desk and leans over it looking directly into Ryan's eyes.

"You know damn well I'm referring to us becoming to a tag team if a company was looking to add some tag teams to their roster, we would go for it.  Well I did one better, I found a company just starting up that is looking for both tag teams and singles competitors."

Ryan takes a final drag off his cigarette and finishes his Jack and Coke and stands up, putting the glass down, and the cigarette into the ashtray right next to the glass. Placing on hand on the desk he looks up at Casey

"Casey, don't think for one minute that you still know who I am personally.  Yea, when it comes to wrestling, nobody knows me better then you do, but don't you dare come into my bar and raise your voice to me.  Now think about this Casey, why would I want to leave this beautiful bar with very beautiful women just to go get in the ring with a bunch of sweaty guys week after week after week?  Why would I Want to spend most of my money paying for hotels and airplane tickets, when I can save it and enjoy being in Las Vegas.

A grin comes over Casey's face as he steps back opening his arms and looks at his friend.

"So, you like coming here night in and night out playing the business man and running this bar?  You like staying in Vegas?  Well, then SCW is the best thing for you man.  Biweekly show and a Super card every couple months.  But what made me call you and set up this meeting is the simple fact that they are based out of Sin City itself Las Vegas, Nevada.  Las Vegas is becoming one of the largest family vacation spots in America.  This is the perfect place and time for us to step into the wrestling world as a team"

Casey looks over at Ryan and tries to read his friend's face, however before he can, Ryan turns away from Casey and looks out the window located next to him.  Taking a couple of drags off the cigarette Ryan turns back around and leans against the window looking over at Casey.  Ryan remains silent as he studies Casey and continues to take small drags off the cigarette.

"Damnit Ryan, stop playing fucking games. I came to get you off your ass and back in a wrestling ring.  Not to have a one sided conversation with you.  The least you could do is give me a yes or no answer."

Casey steps forward placing his hands back on Ryan's desk.  The knuckles on his fist starting to turn white from him clenching them so tight as he tries to control his anger.  He hated that Ryan was always able to get under his skin without even trying to and it was one of the reasons they stopped visiting each other.  Reaching into his back pocket Casey pulls out an unsealed pre-stamped and  pre addressed envelope and tosses it onto the desk as he looks over at Ryan.

"Look Ryan, I just wanted to get back to what I enjoyed doing years ago, and wanted you to be a part of it.  In that envelope is your contract.  Take some time and think about it.  My contract is already signed, I'm just waiting for you to get on the same page with me and stop being a fucking ass."

Taking one last look at Ryan, Casey walks out of the room slamming the door shut and leaving Ryan alone and finally able to truly consider what Casey brought to him.  He presses a button on his phone and moments later Tiffany reappears with a rolling cart.  On top of the rolling cart is a 2 liter of coke, bottle of Jack Daniels and a bucket of ice.  She makes Ryan a drink and puts everything back on the cart and walks around the desk to Ryan and hands him the drink and she starts to massage his shoulders.  Ryan drinks from the glass and reaches over for the envelope on the desk and pulls the contract out and starts looking over it.

"Casey, you want a tag team partner, you got one man."

Ryan grabs a pen and signs the contract and puts it back into the envelope.  He turns to Tiffany and takes another drag from his cigarette and hands the envelope to her.

"Get this in the mailbox really quick, and please return to my office when your done."

As Tiffany walks away, Ryan picks up the phone receiver and punches in a number and rests on his desk as the phone rings and eventually goes to voicemail.  Ryan sighs and waits so he can leave a message.

"Alright man, I'm in.  You know I just love getting under your skin.  I'll see you soon."

Ryan hangs up the phone and sighs as he downs his second drink and starts making a third one.  As he finishes making it, Tiffany comes back in to the office and looks up at Ryan.  She is wearing a tight white top with no bra on and a short black mini skirt.  She sits down on Ryan’s desk, and pulls him between her legs and starts unbuckling his pants as he leans down to kiss her and the scene fades to black.

\'user

The scene opens up in a dark building and the sound of rain pouring down can be clearly heard.  Part of the building captured in the scene is crumbled or burned down and the other half is barely standing.  A metal folding chair is resting against one of the few walls that are still standing.  The crumbled ceiling is breaking off around the edges thanks to the rain drops pounding down on it constantly.  The scene pans to the edge of the building and you can see that it is a couple stories up from the ground.  Moving from the edge deeper into the room we see a mattress destroyed by the fire that tore this place apart two years earlier.  In yet another room is a furniture set barely standing up on its own pegs and rails.

Continuing on down the narrow long hallway there is a door hanging from the single hinge that is still attached.  Beyond the door is half a sink that is barely attached to the wall and a mirror that is shattered and small shelves can be seen behind the mirror, so with medication still on them.  Suddenly a tall figure steps forward into the scene and can be seen looking into the mirror, and leaning, with one arm onto the sink.   Covering his large upper frame is a black leather jacket that is met at the waist by a pair of boot cut Levi's and a pair of black steel toe work boots.  The hair on the man’s head is soaked and you can see water drops running down the black leather jacket.  In his hand not resting on the sink is a cigarette slowly burning, with a stream of smoke rising from it.

The man lifts the cigarette to his mouth and takes a drag off it.  A cloud of smoke is pushes from his lungs and he turns around to reveal he is none other than one half of Poisoned Power Ryan King.  He walks towards the door, placing the cigarette between his lips and grabs the door, yanking it off the last hinge and tossing it into the tub just a few feet away from him.  Ryan takes a drag off the cigarette again and walks slowly out of the bathroom down the hall casually smoking his cigarette.  As he walks down the hall passing doorways, he stops for a few moments looking into the rooms as they come up.  Ryan repeats this process until he gets to a room with a door pulled almost shut.  He drops the cigarette onto the floor, and steps on it, putting it out, even though with the rain it would do it for him.

He tries pushing the door open but the door doesn't budge.  Taking a hold of the door handle, Ryan puts some force on it causing the rusted nails to rip from the door frame and allowing Ryan into the room.  Slowly he walks over to the corner of the room as he lights another cigarette and crouches down into the corner.  Taking a drag he inhales deeply as he flicks the ashes off the end of the cherry of the cigarette and looks up at the moon shining in on him from the large hole in the wall.  Ryan leans softly against the corner at his back and takes another drag from the cigarette, inhaling deeply and then exhaling before he finally starts to speak.

"Every place you go in this world, there has been somebody that has been there before you.  Somebody that set a high expectation to achieve something and they failed.  How did they handle it?  Well that's the thing they didn't handle it, they ended up being on the six o'clock news after downing a bottle of Ibuprofen and hanging themselves in the basement or slicing their wrists, or even sitting in the garage with a hose running from the exhaust into the driver side window with the car running and the garage door shut.  More or less, they ended up committing suicide."

Ryan takes yet another drag from the cigarette and reaches into his leather jacket pulling out a silver flask.  He unscrews the cap and raises the silver flask to his lips to take a sip.  As he does this, the etching of a crown can be seen etched into the front of the flask.  He slowly lowers the flask as he returns the cigarette to his lips taking a couple drags off it as he looks over to what is either a flat screen TV or computer monitor.  He takes a second sip from the flask before resealing it and returning it to his jacket pocket.

"Others set goals and expectations so high, that when they fail, they feel the world is against them and they turn to a life of stupid decisions and hatred.  Some of these decisions can be burglary, drug dealing, and or murder.  Those are the people that you see driving down interstate's and highways with all sorts of law enforcement speeding behind them as they try to drunkenly get away scot-free."

Ryan takes a long drag from the cigarette finishing it off as he flicks it out into the rain, and slowly exhales, as the smoke exits his nostrils.  He stands up and walks to the middle of the room were the rain is hitting the floor, and starts pouring down over onto him.  Ryan kicks some of the ash and rubble around and then kneels down again as he starts talking again.

"Others just lie so much that everybody around them including themselves actually believe it.  It could range from being awesome, to the best in the world, to being perfect.  I've never met anybody awesome, I've faced a lot of the 'best in the worlds' and I've even faced a fare share of people claiming to be perfect.  However like with everything in the world, nothing and no one is perfect.  As soon as any of them open their mouths, a hole is revealed in what would otherwise be 'perfect' and that's just the truth."

Ryan stands up continuing to move the rubble around with his boot as he removes his flask from his jacket and opens it drinking from it again and returns it sealed back into his pocket.  Reaching into his side pocket he pulls out his back of Marlboro Reds and pulls another cigarette out and lights it with his silver Zippo with a image of the King of Spades, Clubs, Diamonds and Hearts on it.  Ryan walks out of the room as he inhales through the filter and shortly returns carrying the metal folding chair that was in the original room, and unfolds it placing it into the middle of the room.  He sits down looking out throw the hole in the wall as he smokes his cigarette.

Not rushing anything, Ryan ponders carefully what he is thinking, the entire time lightly inhaling on the cigarette he recently lit.  The rain continues pouring down, chips of the ceiling falling down around Ryan and rain drops wetting every inch of clothing it is able to splash down onto.  Suddenly a slight breeze picks up and starts causing the rain to fall at an angle and Ryan stands up and flicks the cigarette through the hole in the wall.  Ryan stretches and places one leg on the seat of the metal chair as he lights yet another cigarette.

"Some people are all talk, others feel talking doesn't solve anything, and yet others can't figure out which they are.  Are they all talk or are they all about the fight.  Over the past couple of days I've noticed somebody in Sin City Wrestling is all about talking, and every bit of me wants to know if his bite is as bad as his bark, or if he is all bark.  I want to know if he is willing and able to back up his trash talking, or if he is going to let his partner do all the fighting.  Casey Williams and I are already at a advantage in this match.  Our opponents Saint Patty and Wyatt Petersons manager seem to have the hots for each other."

Taking a drag from the cigarette he kicks the chair sending it flying into the wall.  He starts walking out of the room and down the hall and into the room that the scene originally opened up on.  The side wall burned completely out of the way and in a corner the ceiling was hanging down almost touching the floor.  Ryan walks to the ledge of the floor and looks down at the street below.  Several stories below him is a dark colored 60's era Pontiac GTO hard top.  Ryan finishes the cigarette and squats down on the ledge watching the traffic go by below him.  He slowly runs a hand through his short hair and looks up at the moon again.

"Speaking of Saint Patty, I really hope Tom Dudely isn't right when he says you’re going to be thinking of him while you’re getting your ass kicked on the very first ever SCW Climax Control.  Hopefully you will be thinking and screaming to yourself, when is this going to be over.  When will these to powerhouses just pin me or make me tap out.  You sit there and call yourself perfection, but one thing is true about you Saint Patty.  You might be what every woman wants and be what every guy wants to be, however come Climax Control, your just going to be the first leprechaun that was poisoned with the unfortunate luck of being locked into the King's Fortune, and you will have to deal with me laughing at you the entire time you are screaming in pain."

Ryan pulls his flask out and opens it taking another sip from it as he sits down on the ledge of the floor and continues to drink from his flask.  In his other hand is his Zippo, as he sits occasionally drinking from the flask, he spins the Zippo in his hand and flicks it open and closed for a few minutes before pulling a cigarette from the pack and lighting it and continues to play with the Zippo as he sits pondering his next move, pondering about what to say about his other opponent at Climax Control.

"Then of course there is Wyatt Peterson.  Looks like Poisoned Power is facing the Leprechaun and The Giant.  Wyatt, I have no doubt that you have been trained by a fantastic wrestler.  See, unlike you, I am able to scout who I am facing.  Sure I can't scout you exactly, but I can scout the person that helped you out and brought you into SCW.  I've seen Tom Dudely wrestle before, and I'll be able to study his every move.  He is your manager, and nobody manages anybody without teaching them a thing or two."

Ryan takes large drag off the cigarette and tips the flask back finishing off everything that was left in it. With his cigarette between his lips, Ryan closes the flask, slipping it back into the inside of his leather jacket.  He stands back up and walks back to the center of the room and starts turning his head from one side all the way to the other side.  Taking another drag from the cigarette he inhales it deeply, and to make sure it doesn't go out from the rain, he quickly exhales and takes the one final long drag from it, inhaling and then smiles as he pushes it out through his mouth with a slow exhale.

"Mark Ward and Christian Underwood have down something a lot of people have tried to do and most have failed, some have succeeded.  After learning who these two people where and what they came from, I knew coming to Sin City Wrestling was a no brainer.  These guys are legends in this business in their own right, and have been selling out arena's across the world for years.  Who better to work for then the people have been to the top of this business and forged a name for themselves in the history books.  With that being said, come Climax Control, Sin City Wrestling is going to get poisoned."

Ryan takes another look around the building he has been standing in for most of the evening and reaches into his pocket, pulling out his Marlboro's and his keys.  He takes a cigarette out of the pack and places it between his lips as he walks into the hall way and places the pack back into his jacket pocket.  As he pulls his hand back out, his Zippo lighter is back in his hand and he is spinning it around as he walks down the hall and over to a stairwell.  He takes the stairwell all the way down to the ground level and walks out to the 60's era Pontiac GTO parked at the curb.  Ryan looks up at the building as he opens the driver side door to the GTO, he pauses looking at once was before getting into the GTO and starting it up.  As Ryan pulls away from the curb, the rain stops and the scene fades to darkness.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:02:25 AM by Matt Ward »