Author Topic: EDDIE LYONS v RODRIGO AFONSO - ROULETTE TITLE  (Read 55 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
EDDIE LYONS v RODRIGO AFONSO - ROULETTE TITLE
« on: April 01, 2024, 10:49:14 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline TheLyonsDen

• View Profile
Role Reversal
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 05:42:38 PM »
“Are we on?”

With his championship draped over his shoulder, Eddie looked at the camera and spoke as he stood in front of the large glass double doors to The Lyons Den, ready for the tour he has promised to give to the SCW fans, so they could get a better insight to where Eddie trains, and see the place that made Eddie Lyons and others before him into a champion.

“Good, let’s do this then.” Eddie said before continuing, “So…SCW we’re here in front of my family’s school, our dojo whatever you want to call it, this is where I do most of my training, if you’ll follow me.”

Eddie leads the camera, through the doors, and into a short hallway that leads into a lobby area, a young receptionist sits behind a desk, typing away at her computer.

“So, this is the main lobby area. When people come for business inquiries, or even new talent looking for a place to train, this is where it all begins for them. Molly has been with us for years, and does a great job keeping those business meetings and the like on schedule.” says Eddie.

“How’s it going today Eddie?” asked Molly as she noticed his arrival, “Whats with the cameras?”

“Just giving the SCW fans a tour of the place.” said Eddie, “Doing good by the way. You?”

“Never better.” Molly smiled, “Best get on with it then. I don’t think the they want to see me.”

“You take care Molly.” laughed Eddie, as he entered the doors behind the desk area, the cameras following just behind, they’re led into a large gym area where young wrestlers can be seen working in different rings.

“So, this the main training area. We used to have just one ratty old ring.” said Eddie, “We have five state of the art rings and a room to tape promos in the back room over there. Lots of the young talent can be found here trying to perfect their craft. I spend a lot of time myself here. It’s been different for me recently, since I became Roulette Champion. I’m starting to become someone the new guys come to for advice. I mean I still feel like I have a lot to learn myself, but I give what advice I can, ya know.?”

Eddie shrugs, still getting used to the idea that he perhaps shouldn’t see himself as a rookie anymore.

“Yooooo, Eddie. Whats good?!” Eddie heard a familiar voice say, it was Cleo Phillips. A good friend of his, and a former PWS: Apex World Champion, with her was a young girl about eighteen that Eddie hadn’t seen before.

“Oh, hey Cleo. Just doing that tour I told you about the other day.” said Eddie, “Whos your friend?”

“My new protege.” Cleo smiled, “Meet Jazz Jaguar.”

“Pleased to meet you Jazz.” said Eddie.

“Wow, it’s Eddie Lyons!! The resident champion of The Lyons Den.” said Jazz with excitement.

“Well, at least until I get workin’ again” said Cleo looking at the camera, “Ya’ll hear me out there? Ya girl ‘s been busy but I ain’t forgot about ya’ll. You’ll see me again. I promise, and we’ll SET IT OFF once again!”

“Hey now, this is my tour.” Eddie laughed, “So what’s your story Jazz?”

“Cleo was a speaker at my AA meeting.” Jazz replied, “I was inspired by her story, and have done some boxing myself. I inquired about how to get into wrestling, and we just sort of connected, and one thing led to another and well now I’m here to learn, form her, from you. From everyone.”

“Well, glad to have you on board.” Eddie said, “I promise, if you listen to Cleo, she’ll steer you right and you’ll become a graduate one day yourself, and even a champion. All you need to do is listen to her.”

“I will.” Jazz smiled gleefully. “I will.”

“Well, we better get back to it then.” said Cleo, “Lets go run some more drills.”

Jazz nodded, and smiled at Eddie once more before following Cleo off to one of the empty rings for some training, Eddie led the cameras back down the hallway, this time into the gym area, which is pretty standard. All the varieties of gym equipment can be seen, weight benches, treadmills, exercise bikes. The whole nine yards. Students can be seen around getting workouts in.

“So, this is the workout area.” said Eddie, “It’s pretty basic, but all the goods are here to keep our athletes in proper form. I spend a good amount of time in here as well, especially when the rings are being used.”

Eddie motions for the cameras to follow him back down a hallway, which leads into a back area with a few offices.

“So, this is just the back area, my uncle has his office back here, as does Coach Kaiser.” Eddie explained “This is the main business area. Can’t say I come back here to much. I leave that side of things to my uncle. I guess one day i’m supposed to inherit part of this because my dad is still part owner, but isn’t active right now because him and my Uncle Zack can’t get along.”

Eddie lets out a sigh.

“Would probably be different if Uncle Vincent were still alive.” said Eddie, as he looked up at a picture of a spiky haired blonde man who was framed next to a short dark haired man, and a man with longer dark hair.

“My dad and my uncles.” he said, “Pops is the short haired one. Uncle Vince who started all of this is the blonde one. He really loved his place. I just wish he were here to see the boom in success it’s had in recent years, and to smack some sense into his knucklehead kids. My cousins aren’t here today. That’s why we’re doing this now, I don’t need them hijacking my tour.”

Eddie looked back at the cameras

“I just want to do right for my family.” said Eddie, “This is what The Lyons Family does. We wrestle, and now we also make wrestlers. We teach students here to have heart, and to keep believing in themselves. We teach them that its okay to lose, but you pick yourself up by your bootstraps and keep fighting. We teach everyone to be themselves, find something that’s true to you and run with it, but never lose your fighting spirit. Whatever path you take, you make damn sure everyone knows a Lyons Den talent will always bring the fight.”

Eddie pauses for a moment.

“Don’t know what else I can show you really."’ said Eddie, “I mean the main attractions are just the rings and the gym, and I should probably get going on my own training ahead of my match with Rodrigo at Blaze of Glory.”

Eddie grins at the camera

“And before you ask.” said Eddie, “Of course I’m not going to reveal my strategy and routines going into this. I know Rodrigo has yet to beat me, but that only gives him motivation to try harder. So if it’s all the same, I’d like to get to it, so this tour…is over.”

Eddie nods at the camera, which lingers him for a moment before cutting to static.

The cameras open on Eddie Lyons, towel around his neck sitting shirtless on some ringsteps. The Roulette Championship sits neatly behind him on the edge of the ring itself, after taking in a breath he begins to address the cameras.

“So we meet again Rodrigo.” Eddie said, “Both of us have risen through the ranks, and done quite well for ourselves since our first encounter, when we arrived in this company together. I’m the SCW Roulette Champion, and you are Mr. Golden Briefcase. I’d say we’ve both done pretty well for ourselves, wouldn’t you?”

Eddie takes a proud glace at the championship sitting just behind him, taking it to place on his shoulder.

“But as good as you’ve been Rodrigo, I’ve been just a little bit better haven’t I?” Eddie continued, “I was able to topple Peter Vauhgn, where you were not, and may I add you still have yet to beat me. But hey, maybe third times the charm. I certainly was for me against Peter Vaughn.”

He looks again proudly at the championship on his shoulder.

“You still have yet to call yourself a champion.” Eddie continued, “But you have the power to control your own destiny with that briefcase of yours. I mean if you wanted to, if i beat you a Blaze of Glory, you could demand another match right there on the spot. Now, that would probably be a pretty wild and unwise decision, but crazier things have happened in this business right?”

Eddie shrugs slightly.

“You could even beat me, take my championship, decide you feel lucky and then try to cash in on one of the other singles champions later in the evening and walk out of Blaze of glory as a double champion." Eddie noted, “There’s so many ways this can go. But the way it WILL go, is that Eddie Lyons will once again defeat Rodrigo Afonso and continue on as the reigning SCW Roulette Champion as we head into what is looking to be a very action packed summer.”

Eddie takes another short pause.

“See, Rodrigo the thing is I’ve gotten even better since our last encounter.” said Eddie, “I’m smarter, tougher and more resilient. Of course so are you, and I would be a fool to just assume victory because I beat you twice. I mean I myself defeated the man who beat ME twice to earn this championship on my shoulder. Besides I’m not one to ever assume victory. Anything can happen out there, but I;ll tell you one thing. You are really going to have to dig deep, because I won’t go down without a fight. You know that right? Of course you do.”

Eddie pauses again, rubbing his palms together.

“I like you Rodrigo, I do.” Eddie nodded, “You’re probably one of my favorite people backstage. I know you’ve stated you respect me, and I hope you know I have the same for you. Maybe we’re not close enough to call each other friends, mainly because we both are the type of people to sort of do our own thing, and stay in our own lane. Taking our challenges as they come. Really just another reason I like and respect you. Always kinda dug the skateboarding too. Never got into it myself. I was born into wrestling as the family business, so it’s all I’ve ever really wanted or known since I was just a little lion cub.”

Eddie pauses again, keeping his confident aura and gaze on the camera.

“Remember Rodrigo, even if you lose it’s not over.” said Eddie, “That briefcase is your destiny and all you need to do is play it smart. Right now I’m sure you’re just waiting for the right opportunity. I’m not sure if Miles or Finn are paying attention to you, but I am. Not only because you are my next defense, but at any point you could surprise me. I know I’m seen as the weakest of the three singles champs, and I get it. Finn Whelan is one of the absolute best, love him or hate him you can’t deny that, and I’ve already lost to Miles Kasey before. Plus I’m the least experienced, yadda yadda. But being considered the weakest singles champion, doesn’t make me weak. Ask Peter Vaughn if he thinks I’m weak. Ask Bill Barnhart if he still thinks I’m weak after I beat him blindfolded, thus getting you this opportunity. In a way you should be thanking me that it’s you here and not Bill.”

Eddie smiles and laughs to himself.

“I’m just funnin’ with ya.” Eddie said cheekily, with a cheeky grin to match, “But seriously Rodrigo, you are going to need to dig down deep if you want this. Deeper than you did in our last two encounters. If you come at me as you did the last two times, this won’t end well for you. It’s nothing personal. I know you understand the spirit of competition as much as I do. But you couldn’t get the job done before, and  now that I have the confidence of being a champion it’s going to be even tougher. You need to be better than you’ve ever been. Because as much as I respect you, I will stop at nothing to keep this championship. Your best chance really is to try and surprise me with that briefcase instead. I’m keeping my third eye open just in case, but play just might find the right time. That’s all up to you,and I for one am genuinely excited to see when, where and on who you decide to cash in on.”

Eddie gives a respectful nod to the camera.

“But a surprise really is your best shot Rodrigo.” Eddie continued, “Because you don’t want me to be ready for you. Blaze of Glory you’ll find out just how much better I’ve become when I put you down a third time, and walk out STILL the SCW Roulette Champion.  You’ll have your time as a champion in the future, I truly believe that. That time however isn’t now, because right now it’s MY time and nothing is going to change that. This will be the summer of honor before glory and Eddie Lyons is still going to be the Roulette Champion. See you soon Rodrigo.”

Eddie gives the camera one last look of confidence before it fades out to black.

_________

Eddie had just finished another workout, when much to his dismay he heard the voice of his cousin Victoria, and as usual she wasn’t happy.

“Are you serious Eddie?” she said, as she angrily stomped toward him.

“What is it now Victoria?” said Eddie with a heavily annoyed sigh.

“I saw the video online, of the tour.” she growled, “You tour the family business, but don’t even show your family?”

“Well, it wasn’t about us. It’s about the school.” said Eddie, “I don’t need you trying to leech off me either.”

“Seriously? Yet you showed that felon, and her new little protege off?” Victoria scowled, “What sort of rejected Mega Man boss name is Jazz Jaguar anyway?”

“They just happened to be there.” said Eddie, “And whatever that young lady calls herself, I’m sure Cleo is going to turn her into a killer, so I’d watch what you say about her.”

“Whatever. Now I hear rumblings Cleo might be finding work soon.” she said, “Coach Kaiser got a email from her old company. Same one as Alex was in, yet is he trying to get Alex a deal as well? No. He’s Playing favorites once again.”

“Or maybe it’s because Cleo puts in actual work around here.” Eddie shot back, “You, Alex and Vincent just walk around complaining about everything. Like you deserve special treatment because of your last name. Well, that’s not how it works. I work hard to MAKE the family name mean something. I don’t just expect it because our fathers did some stuff a long time ago that very few people even remember, and even less care about anymore.”

Victoria scowls and furrows her eyebrow.

“I’ve won championships too you know.” she said

“Won, yes.” replied Eddie, “ But you’ve never really defended anything. You could argue the companies closed before you got the chance, but the point still remains. I can give Vincent and Alex credit, their times as champions they did their thing. You though, you need at least one of us to latch onto, so you can claim credit for their success.”

Victoria tries to speak, but Eddie stops her.

“It bothers you that I’m a champion now.” Eddie grinned, “Because you can’t take any credit for anything I do. Because I’m the only one actually trying to bring some honor and respect to our family name. I’m the only one who actually cares about the family legacy. You only care about the legacy of Victoria Lyons, and now you worry the legacy of Eddie Lyons is going to outshine yours.”

“Well, if Coach Kaiser didn’t play favorites…” Victoria said

“Don’t blame him.” said Eddie, “You need to change your attitude, that’s the problem. Nobody wants to work with the three of you. Until you change your attitude, you’re not going to find work anywhere. Now, if you’ll excuse me,  the champ has some things to take care of. Go find your little brainwashed cubs, because I’m done talking to you.”

Without waiting for a reply, he pushed past his cousin leaving her annoyed and internally angry but he didn’t care. All Eddie cared about was being the best and defending his Roulette Championship.

_________

The cameras open on a skatepark, we watch as the skaters perform various skating tricks and grind the rails. As we pan around, the cameras catch Roulette Champion Eddie Lyons watching them, as the cameras raw closer he begins to speak.

“You know Rodrigo..” Eddie began, “I do hope the wheel doesn’t land on something to do with skating, because other than playing Tony Hawk games as a kid, I don’t have any experience in that field. That’s your speciality Rodrigo, and there’s no taking that away from you. Head to head in a skateboarding competition, Rodrigo Afonso beats Eddie Lyons every time.”

Eddie shrugs before he continues on

“But when it comes to WRESTLING, that’s where I shine.” Eddie continued, “That’s my speciality, it’s all I’ve ever known. All I want is to be the best wrestler I can be. I want to inspire the next generation to chase their dreams, and to always keep fighting even through the darker times. Never give up on yourself. I’m sure you get that with some of the kids out there on their skateboards.”

Eddie looks at some of the young kids skating nearby.

“I have to wonder, is wrestling your first love? Or is it skateboarding?” Eddie asked, “Because wrestling is the only thing I love. When I step between those ropes, it’s go time. I’m not going to go easy on anyone because I respect them, really to do so would be quite disrespectful to you Rodrigo. Just understand when the bell rings, I am going to see you as nothing more than my opponent, an obstacle I need to overcome.”

Eddie pauses for a moment.

“You seek to take my championship from me, and I just can’t let that happen.” said Eddie, “I may have beat you twice, but I know first hand from dealing with Peter Vaughn that it will only make you hungrier. Problem is I’m hungry too. I have this championship you see on my shoulder, and I’m hungry to keep it. I don’t know if you understand how much harder you;re going to have to try to put me down, because right now I am on the top of my game and trying to get better every day so one day I can call myself World Champion, and truly be the top guy.”

Eddie smiles at the thought.

“I have to be honest. Sometimes I think you put skateboarding before wrestling.” said Eddie, “I feel that’s possibly why your record has been sort of up and down. Nothing wrong your love of skateboarding. Like I said I’m sure you help inspire a lot of young kids who relate to you, and I totally love that. But I have kids and youth to inspire too. I’m a champion now Rodrigo. That means I need to be an example. Perhaps you’ll learn what I mean when you cash in that briefcase, because I promise you it’s a lot different on the other side when you actually hold one of these.”

He holds his championship to the camera.

“It awakens something in you.” said Eddie, “You don’t want to let it go. Like the One Ring from Lord Of The Rings, you will stop at nothing to keep it on your shoulder, or around your waist. Doesn’t matter as long as you keep it. But you can’t let it consume you, and it will damn well try. You can’t let it change who you are. I consider myself a fighting champion and an honorable champion and come Blaze of Glory you’re going to find out just how much better I’ve become when I walk out STILL the Roulette Champion and as always it will be HONOR BEFORE GLORY.”

Eddie gives the camera his focused and serious face, as we fade out to black.

Offline Rodrigo Afonso

• View Profile
Re: EDDIE LYONS v RODRIGO AFONSO - ROULETTE TITLE
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 11:17:29 PM »
Cambridge, Massachusetts. Wednesday 10th April. (Off-Camera)

Rodrigo had been home a lot since the losses he's been getting in Sin City Wrestling and it was because he was losing focus a bit and most assumed Rodrigo's skateboarding career, but little do people know since Rodrigo doesn't talk about his personal life to any professional wrestler or to anyone not in his or his girlfriend's family and friends that it was because Rodrigo was going to be a father.

With that in mind, he did invite his skateboarding friends over, mostly for them to meet Ella who they hadn't met since they went to Switzerland that day. They were currently over and already approved Ella as they've been at Rodrigo's house for the last few days, going out shopping for baby stuff since Ella was now seven months pregnant. Although there was one question in mind Ella had for Rodrigo's skateboarding buddies as they were all in the living room having a drink, well Ella had some orange juice.

Ella: “How did you all become friends with Rodrigo:”

Jerald: “Honestly, I hated Rodrigo at first because the bastard kept getting high scores at Skateboarding with his tricks, but when I apologised with my jealous behaviour and got to know Rodrigo a bit more, he ended up being a decent guy.”

Darius: “Apart from when he threw a massive fit about losing to that thirteen year old skateboarder in the X-Games a few years ago.”

Ella: “No, Rodrigo would never do that. I've never seen him throw a fit when things aren't going his way.”

Rodrigo was silent as it was mostly for the skateboarders to interact with Ella than the other way around, but at the same time, Rodrigo put his finger up as he put the can of coke down on the table as he didn't want to drink beer due to being a father responsibilities being a thing.

Rodrigo Afonso: “It's true, I did throw a fit when a thirteen year old kid beat me twice in X-Games the pandemic years, but I learned a lot on why I don't throw fits ever again. That's why I don't bitch or complain about anything. It's not going to get anyone anywhere in life.”

Ella: “Well, that's the good thing you learned from your mistakes, although your father said you hate arguments.”

Jerald: “Yeah, he does, trust me. I'm sure it wasn't easy for Rodrigo to lose his rag like he did, but he hasn't done it since and takes losses like a man.”

Ella: “His attitude is making him a real man. Besides, he's doing everything for me, cleaning the house, going food shopping. He does a lot more than you think.”

Rodrigo nods at his skateboarding friends and Ella of them telling the truth of Rodrigo's past life that Ella knew nothing about. Of course, they only started dating for a few months and their relationship has only grown stronger each day. Rodrigo thought about something else that was out of the blue for him, something he wasn't expecting.

Darius: “You saw a ghost again?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “I'm in a Roulette title match against Eddie Lyons. What have I done to deserve that match against him, honestly?”

Jerald: “I know you've lost matches, but you put in hard work, you don't moan or complain and you don't trash wrestlers unless you have to. You get in the ring and wrestle.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “SCW staff tell me I should speak on the microphone when I've not got wrestling matches a lot more to promote matches, but the videos I do are more than enough. I don't need to say more than what I've already said. Heck, I hate being interviewed for skateboarding at times, but I do it because I have to. I don't luckily in SCW.”

Ella: “You've fought him before, haven't you?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Things are very different this time, he's beaten Peter Vaughn for the Roulette title, I haven't. I haven't come close on beating Peter.”

Jerald was the kind of guy that makes slight comments about people at times, even was a bit mean to the thirteen year old kid who beat Rodrigo in the X-Games competition for skateboarding. Anyway as he was a tiniest bit drunk, he says this.

Jerald: “Eddie Lyons is one boring fucker. All he talks about is wrestling. Like does the dude have a life besides wrestling?”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Hey dude, that's not cool. Eddie and I have respect. Even if he talks only about wrestling, nobody should judge him for that. Besides, he's a Roulette champion. I respect the dude and consider him as my friend. Truthfully, I wish I was facing the other champion who's from the UK.”

Ella: “I know, but that's the situation you got in front of you.”

Darius: “She's right, you know. Even I thought Jerald's comment was out of line, but he didn't know like I didn't you two legit respect each other. I can see his point that having friendly matches isn't thrilling to watch.”

That was the problem with wrestling, there wasn't really many enemies in the business these days and Rodrigo saw that. But he was too fragile and small to be an asshole wrestler. So he had to be a people's fan favourite.

Rodrigo Afonso: “Each time we've wrestled, we have torn the house down, for sure and I know what you mean. But my size and fragile structure on top of being a father to my kid soon prevents me from being an asshole. I don't think it would represent well for my kid. I can't afford that right now.”

Jerald: “Dude, I was just busting your balls, but I do think Eddie is boring as hell. The amount of stuff he talks about is purely wrestling, but at least the Roulette title makes up for the match you both will have.”

Rodrigo Afonso: “Wrestling Eddie is not dull, he was my first ever opponent and anything he'll say about me, I'm not going to disagree with him on.”

Rodrigo was already feeling uncomfortable and walks away from the living room as he didn't want to argue with Jerald about his feelings on Eddie anymore. He goes to his room and lets the lads get used to Ella and the pressure of being a Roulette champion and beating Eddie pretty much was on his mind a bit. Ella came into the room and relaxed Rodrigo with his thoughts and forgot about it as the skateboarding lads went to the hotel to get some sleep.

------------------------

I have no excuses to make Eddie youtube.com shoot (Online)

“I know, I've under performed a lot as of late and I literally have no excuse for slacking off, but the truth is, I don't deserve this title match against you, should be you and Entity for the Roulette title. I literally have zero excuses and you'd be right with everything you'll say to me and I'm not going to disagree with you.

But at the same time, it proves I don't really care what people think and I clearly don't like the thought of responding to everything you say. I mean look how badly I struggled to reply to Carter, I hate that and it's why I prefer to do one video to say everything I have to say. Eddie, you know I respect you and I know you'll tell me the truth on things may seem they are, but there is a reason I won't say as it has nothing to do with wrestling or skateboarding for that matter that my attention isn't with wrestling at the minute.

But I leave things there since I don't want to talk about it. I can't overlook the fact beating Peter Vaughn for the Roulette title was impressive. Everyone has tried and failed, but you succeeded and done it well. I'm sure it's going to motivate you to bring everything out of you to go out and win the match. But while I feel I'm undeserving for this title match, I will bring everything I have out of you.

Why? To prove people like you wrong every single time I step into the ring. A lot of people said I would never make it as a wrestler and I made it by holding a briefcase. I got plans for that and I'm not telling anyone, not even you what I'll do with it. You may have been successful with the Roulette title. I know it's cliché to say this, but I can break your title run in half even after underperforming.

Just because a wrestler underperforms, it doesn't mean you'll have this win in the bag, despite you being a threat because of the fantastic win you gotten over Peter. I couldn't find a way to beat him, but you did somehow. Maybe it's because you have the support of your wrestling school and family. I had to go all the way to the United Kingdom to do wrestling training because there's no wrestling schools in Portugal.

Many Americans, Canadians, Australian, British and a German wrestler have won this title, but there's not a single Portuguese wrestler that has won the Roulette title. I don't recall a Portuguese wrestler winning a wrestling title full stop because it's rare anyone from my country that breaks into the wrestling business. That's the big thing that we're different on.

But I got a chance to prove to my country and United States as a whole that I can become champion without wrestling school family supporting me. The only support I have when I go to wrestle in that ring is myself. I go into wrestling you on my own with dignity and do everything I can to upset you and win the belt because that's a big thing you've done and I haven't. I have a briefcase, but I do it when the time is right and when I'm ready.

Maybe beating you for that title will prove I'm ready to be a champion, maybe beating you will lead me to facing someone on the roster I've always wanted to face, but your in the way of that. Beating Peter is impressive and I can't speak that enough, but I've done way more Roulette matches than you and that will be the factor of me winning this match, bringing everything I have into the match to defeat you. That's all I say because I hate talking lengthy to someone I have respect for and being the only guy on the roster so far I can consider being friends with.”