Author Topic: Golden Opportunity  (Read 70 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Golden Opportunity
« on: March 15, 2024, 09:40:45 PM »
Off-Camera

Thursday, March 14, 2024
Gym
Shieldmaidens Clubhouse
San Clemente, California
9:01 PM  PDT

The warehouse the gym was inside of was massive and filled with every kind of workout equipment imaginable as well as four wrestling rings and even a practice MMA fighting cage. Having seen it many times and being invited to try it out several times, Seleana Zdunich had come here looking to vary her workouts leading to her golden opportunity of facing the champion, Julianna DiMaria on Sunday.

As she walks over to a heavy bag, Seleana starts pounding away, hammering at it with her taped fists.

Seleana Zdunich: Skit också!

She curses at herself for not bringing fight gloves of any kind and just continues to punch away.

Seleana Zdunich: Du skiter i det blå skåpet, Julianna!

She pounds on the bag as if she can see Julianna’s face in front of her and just hits it again and again and again.

Seleana Zdunich: Du gjorde höns av fjädrar, din jävla fitta!

Her punches get harder and nastier with every shot.

Seleana Zdunich: Det här är min jakt! Jag ska dra ut mitt pund kött!

As she continues on hitting the bag, she never notices the second woman who walks into the gym in a pair of workout pants and a sports bra under her Shieldmaidens kutte. The second woman watches as Seleana works over the bag for a minute before nodding to herself.

Woman: You’re Halo’s mother-in-law right?

Seleana turns, both startled by the sudden second voice and a lack of immediate recognition. It takes a second to register what was just asked but as it does, Seleana nods apologetically.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

She look at the woman, frowning momentarily.

Seleana Zdunich: How…?

The woman smiles.

Woman: Did I know?

Seleana nods.

Woman: We don’t hear much Swedish in here, much less somebody cursing the back out in it like that. I figured, the only Swedish woman any of us knows is Halo’s mother-in-law so I figured, that must be you.

Seleana nods and the woman walks over, extending her hand.

Woman: Cori Bayne… call me Doc.

Seleana nods, accepting the handshake.

Seleana Zdunich: Seleana Zdunich.

Doc smiles welcomingly.

Cori "Doc" Bayne: You got a fight this weekend?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Julianna DiMaria.

Doc whistles at the name.

Cori "Doc" Bayne: Big match.

Seleana nods again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I was just looking for a way to vary my preparation.

Doc nods knowingly.

Cori "Doc" Bayne: Good plan. I was just coming in from work. It’s only five minutes away so I just figured it was a good way to get ready for the fights this weekend here. I might just get to throw down myself.

Seleana nods knowingly. She knew the Maidens hosted fight night in their venus called the Palladium nearby.

Seleana Zdunich: I thought…

She frowns.

Seleana Zdunich: You do not work in San Diego?

Doc shakes her head.

Cori "Doc" Bayne: I work a couple days a week at a local clinic here in San Clemente and I work at the Palladium on most fight nights.

Seleana nods slowly as she takes in the sight of the well-built tattooed blonde woman. 

Seleana Zdunich: You fight as well.

Doc nods.

Cori "Doc" Bayne: Some, usually I’m the on-call doctor.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: You want to work with me then? I could use the help, ja?

Doc smiles and nods.

Cori "Doc" Bayne: Love to.

Do walks over and takes up position, holding the bag as Seleana gets ready to rain punches again.

Seleana Zdunich: Det här är mitt gyllene tillfälle, Julianna och jag ska göra det rika!

Doc can’t help but grin at the words.

Cori "Doc" Bayne: With punches like that, I have no doubt! 

Seleana nod and continues to fire off, Doc giving her pointers every so often to make them hit more precisely and harder as they go.

Seleana Zdunich: Det finns ingen ko på isen, jag ska vara redo!

On-Camera

Friday, March 15, 2024
Parking Lot
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
11:21 AM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing by a sidewalk that leads into the building that houses the main officers and the entrances for the Zdunich Zoological Gardens.

Seleana Zdunich: So we finally meet in the ring, Julianna, ja?

She nods as if the answer is obvious.

Seleana Zdunich: The funny part of this to me is that now we get to see two opposing thoughts of yours collide. On the one hand, you think I am old, obsolete and beneath you and thus this match is both unnecessary and a waste of your time. On the other, it was you that said my name and picked this fight so you obviously wanted it on some level.

She pauses and grins.

Seleana Zdunich: Which will win, I wonder?

A playful smirk adds to the sense of wonder going on here.

Seleana Zdunich: Eh, as you would likely say, it does not matter, ja?

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Thi is a Golden Opportunity match. If I win, I get you again for the championship which several former champions can attest…

Almost laughing, she points to herself knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I only need one chance with the championship on the line.

A knowing and almost playful smile comes over her face.

Seleana Zdunich: I am certain there are those, yourself likely included, who will say I do not deserve this and I would say…

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: What does deserve matter? 

She nods, pointing to herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: I have the opportunity regardless of what you think. It is here, it is mine and there is nothing anyone who does not like it can do about it.

She runs her hands together anticipatorily.

Seleana Zdunich: I would say I do not care and it would not be a lie because this is not just a golden opportunity because of the chance at a championship match.

She shakes her head even as the smile turns suddenly sinister.

Seleana Zdunich: This is the opportunity I have been waiting for. Ever since you opened your mouth and allowed my name to sound, I have waited for this chance.

Nodding, Seleana slowly cocks her head to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: I am who I am and you will see that the woman who plays with lions for fun is not just someone to call out because you were bored and thought you could score cheap and easy points with people who do not matter and would not piss on you if you burned in front of them! 

The sinister smile starts to fade away, replaced with an icy anger.

Seleana Zdunich: I have been waiting for this opportunity, Julianna, ever since you said my name for no reason and could not stop yourself from retreading ground that is so well worn by others that it should have been paved over by now.

The anger manages to intensify even as it becomes more visible.

Seleana Zdunich: It is sad whenever you do this, you cannot mention me without bringing up my wife as if somehow anything she does is somehow also me even if I was not there or it happened to others completely unrelated to either of us.

She shakes her head in disgust.

Seleana Zdunich: You must remember when this happens, Julianna…

She nods and points into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You did this.

She nods even more pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: You picked this fight.

She steps forward, still pointing accusingly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You picked this fight by mentioning and talking down at me and then running away because you thought you would never have to worry about me because we would never stand across the ring from each other. I was too old, too far gone, too far below you for you to ever need to worry about me.

Shrugging, Seleana allows her hands to rise up as if she is showing how Jualianna would react to the idea of fighting her.

Seleana Zdunich: You are the champion and thus would never need to waste yourself in dealing with me, ja?

She nods knowingly, again as if the answer is self-evident and obvious.

Seleana Zdunich: Well here we are, Julianna, and you DO have to deal with me.

The anger rises yet again.

Seleana Zdunich: This is a golden opportunity, Jualianna, because I do not have to win anything to get my hands on you.

She grins, her eyes flashing hungrily at this idea.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not need to win anything to face you because I already get to.

She nods grimly.

Seleana Zdunich: This is my opportunity to take every word you said, every insult you hurled, every dismissal you gave..

She pantomimes balling things up together.

Seleana Zdunich: Do you realize I can get what I want, win or lose in this match, Julianna?

She nods knowingly, the anger simmering underneath everything.

Seleana Zdunich: You need to win this match or I prove you to not just be wrong, but so wrong that it almost makes you a liar. You need to win because if you do not, I prove that you were wrong and I get another match with you where the championship is on the line AND I get to beat on you some more.

She nods and then points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: But I…

A venomous smile cracks through the rage.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not need to win anything to get what I want because all I want is to smack you around until my hand hurts and then smack you around some more for making my hand hurt. All I want is to beat on you until I have had my fill and enjoyed myself to the fullest.

A mirthless chuckle escapes her lips.

Seleana Zdunich: Du skiter i det blå skåpet när du gjorde höns av fjädrar och nu får jag plocka fjädrarna tills jag fångar ditt skägg i brevlådan!

She nods coldly.

Seleana Zdunich: I will enjoy this Julianna because you are caught in a trap of your own making. You designed this and caught yourself.

Collapsing her hands together, Seleana glares directly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: All I had to do was be patient and the hunt came to me…

She nods, rubbing her hands together in excited anticipation all over again.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln…

The sick smile returns to her visage.

Seleana Zdunich: The lion does not sleep tonight with this opportunity. She just eats.