Author Topic: Wake-Up Call  (Read 681 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Wake-Up Call
« on: January 26, 2024, 11:55:26 PM »
Good Morning Love,

I’m pretty sure that when you wake up, I’ll just be finishing off my early morning workout and about to walk through the door like always, so if my timing is correct the coffee maker should be finished. I figured it was the perfect way to start this day along with your favorite flowers. And a perfect way to start our anniversary. I know technically it’s not until Saturday but hey, when have we ever done anything by conventional means?

Either way, I hope this brings a smile to your beautiful face. Something that I have strived for every single day and I couldn’t picture this with anyone else and never want to.

Be back soon.

Love,
Miles

It was something new that he had decided to start the day with. And it wasn’t another ordinary day, not that any day was ordinary since Miles Kasey had opened up the proverbial floodgates with Carter.

Before January 27th, 2023, Miles had himself convinced that he never deserved the best things in life. From growing up in Manchester to New York to just before he went west, all his hard work had just got him to the point of living comfortably in an uncomfortable situation. He saved practically everything he made and spent just enough to survive, because he had convinced himself that all the time in SCW and in other places were far too good to last.

It wasn’t until he took a chance, cracked open his savings, bought the condo that he and Carter now call home and took some risky chances, did Miles realize that sometimes the best things in life are worth taking massive risks for.

Here he was, a year later, that condo no longer feeling just lived in but an actual home that he and Carter made that wove their respect taste so well, that both of their families pointed it out during the holidays. They even adopted an unexpected guest, when somehow, Ms Thang snuck her way in one night and made herself at home. They still never figured out where she came from, and honestly after all the spoiling that she has received, it was highly doubtful that she would have even cared if her original owners would have come to claim her. She was also fiercely protective of her boys too and loved them just as much as they loved her.

So he could indeed have the best things in life and the risks were well worth the rewards.

They drove down to Henderson early, just to spend time enjoying one another as well as a few other things. Carter himself chose the details of the day and it all wrapped up at the top of a glorious restaurant that he had found. They enjoyed the wonderful meal, passing words of praise to the chef and their crew, a terrific view and each other's company.

The risks did indeed bring them the best rewards.

But there was something weighing heavy in Miles' inner pocket in his vest that he needed to discuss with Carter. So by the time the bill was paid and they were ready to rush back to their room, Miles stopped short next to a circular fire pit that was a part of the decor of the rooftop bistro.

Miles wasn’t sure if it was the large meal that sat in his stomach or the nerves but apparently he went white enough to catch concern from the best thing that has ever happened in his life.

Miles?” Carter let out with a slight tone of worry while keeping ahold of Miles’ hand, “You alright? Was the meal too much?

Miles shook his head, “No, actually the meal was wonderful,” he paused for a bit and looked up and let out a small laugh, “It was all wonderful, all of it.

Well, that-” Carter looked even more worried now. “Was?

I mean the whole day and I am so glad that we did this, just the two of us. As much as I enjoy the company of our friends, I rather this next part, much like our beginning is just the two of us with no interference from outside sources.” Miles looked at those beautiful blue eyes of Carter and smirked, “I guess our beginning had a little push from a few people, but at the end of that particular chapter it has led to a wonderful year together. I keep thinking one day I’ll wake up and somehow none of it would have been real and I’d be back in New York, feeling stupid for almost letting you walk out of my life.

Miles turns and looks directly at Carter who is just at a loss for words for a brief moment, “Well it wasn’t my most shining moment. I recall telling my mom and grams that ‘good things’ like you never happen to me and they have never let me live it down since.

As they should, and I have another reminder for you,” Miles says, reaching into her inner vest pocket and pulls out a piece of paper that has been obviously in his possession for a while, “I’m sure you remember this.

Carter looks at it and he goes to grab it but Miles pulls it away, shaking his head.

Oh Christ, Miles...WHY did you keep that?!? I thought it just vanished like it never existed.” Carter cried out and Miles, with both hands, grabbing his boyfriend’s face and kissing his lips to quiet him for a moment.

With a whisper, “Because I needed a reminder as to how fucking close I came to fucking it all up. I could have said something in Seattle, I could have spoken up at the airport, I could have flown back and done a lot of other things before I ever made you ever feel that this was your only choice. And on that night you could have told me a million things and instead you, Carter McKinney, gave me a whole year to prove that you not only deserve me but you have me for as long as you want.

Miles puts the letter in Carter’s hand and looks to the fire, which causes Carter to look down for a moment and then back at Miles whose eyes are shining so bright you’d swear he was almost crying, “You- You want me to burn it?

“I want you to let go of every single doubt that you have ever had that brought this letter into this universe, and I want you to watch it be released for not just you, but for the both of us.” Miles says with a brilliant smirk, “And then we can move to what is next.

Carter raises an eyebrow giving Miles that ‘What are you up to?’ look, “And what is next?

Miles just laughs and motions to the flames, “Burn it and find out.

Carter looks down at the letter for a moment before he drops it into the flames and it is immediately fully engulfed in the fire. They both watch it for a little bit, Miles holding his hand firmly as Carter lets go of a breath he wasn’t even aware that he was holding, and shakes his head. “That actually felt really-” Carter stops when he turns his head and his eyes stop on a small box that is sitting in the open hand of Miles, and Carter damn near swallows his tongue.

This one doesn’t go into the fire, and I would be heartbroken if you took it and threw it in,” Miles lets out to break the silence, and he turns to look at him, keeping a firm but not loose grip on Carter’s hand. “I’m not about to make a giant scene, because I know how much you hate that unless it's you that wants to make it that way. You have made my life immeasurably better and I have told you on multiple occasions that I love you with every single fiber of my being. And lord knows, I have so much more to give. So...Carter, will you-

Miles doesn’t even get to finish his question before Carter kisses him, fully and with not much care about who is around them or even watching, and after a while he breaks it and leans his forehead against Miles who is just looking at him, “You know you could have proposed with one of those onion rings and I would have said ‘yes’, right?

Miles sighs happily, and he pulls Carter in for the biggest hug he could muster through all the emotion, “Good to know.

Carter sighed happily, “Now, about Twister.

And they said, the laughter from them both could be heard for miles.

The hotel suite was a picture of modern comfort, soft lights casting a warm glow across the tastefully decorated living room. Miles Kasey, the SCW Internet Champion, sat on a plush couch, his championship belt resting beside him. The ambiance was calm, a stark contrast to the intensity of the upcoming match with Oliver "OZ" Zahn.

"Well, here we are, on the precipice of something big. My Bloody Valentine V is looming, and the stakes are high. I know for a fact that I will be defending the Internet Championship, proving once again why apparently the eyes of almost every single roster member has their eyes directly on me. Yes, the loss in the first round of the World Championship Tournament stung but I have important things to worry about. And we’re going to learn a little bit more about one another Oz."

Miles leaned back into the couch, his gaze thoughtful.

"Ozzy, you're no stranger to success. A former World Mixed Tag Team Champion, a name that resonates in the history of SCW. Tonight, you and I shared the ring, a canvas where stories are written in sweat and echoes of cheers and boos for some. You, like me, tripped at the starting gate of that damn tournament that J2H set on us and well, we find ourselves in an interesting situation."

He picked up the championship belt, his fingers tracing the emblem.

"This, my Internet Championship, it's more than gold and leather. It's a symbol. A symbol of resilience, of overcoming the storms. When you are a champion, and you know this, you have a lot of people that are gunning right for you to knock you off of that pedestal. And Olly, you have been set directly in the eye of a  tempest of your own. A challenge that reminded me why I'm here, why I step into that ring every time. But here is the thing, YOU have to beat me to get to My Bloody Valentine. It is all on you. You have to get through Henrdson and Climax Control to get up the road to Las Vegas to get a real shot at me and this championship."

Miles shifted his gaze to the window, the city lights twinkling in the distance.

"The chip on your shoulder since losing the Mixed Tag Titles I’m sure is nagging at you every second of every day since then. And in a way, I hope that you get to Vegas and in a way, I look forward to you and I really going at it when it is all on the line. In a way, I’m looking forward to My Bloody Valentine V, a night where destiny intertwines with competition. The question lingers, will you emerge from the shadows, shaking off that slip, step into the storm, and claim the chance to face me when it is on the line? You have a chance to put yourself there Oliver, no one is in control of that, but you, lad."

He turned back to the camera, a fire in his eyes.

"This Internet Championship means something. And it should mean something to you as well. It means I'm not just a placeholder; I am THE force. And Oz, you will only get a sneak peak of what hell I am willing to unleash to remain the Internet Champion. I can feel the storm brewing, and if you do make it to My Bloody Valentine V, it'll be the epicenter. And to the challengers waiting, to the ones hungry for a taste of gold, know this — I'll be ready. Ready to weather whatever storm you bring."

And with that he left the title hanging on the back of the couch, for it to be focused on.