Author Topic: ~*~The Rules of Engagement: The Minor Grievances~*~  (Read 914 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
~*~The Rules of Engagement: The Minor Grievances~*~
« on: January 19, 2024, 11:48:29 PM »
~*~Start at the Bottom ~*~
Two Weeks Ago

The deafening roar of the crowd slowly faded into a distant hum as Bella Madison walked through into the gorilla position and into the backstage area. The taste of victory still lingered on her lips, a sweet triumph that fueled her steps. She glanced down at her hands for a moment, still almost seemingly at awe of what had just transpired.

Maybe Georgie should have put up that Golden Briefcase but alas, the victory was all that was needed.

As she rounded the corner, the familiar sight of the backstage area unfolded before her. And there, waiting for her, were the two constants in her life—Malachi and Máire. Mal stood with a proud smile, holding their daughter in his arms. Máire, unaware of the wrestling world's tumult, though appreciating the attention she got from all the individuals in the SCW locker room, gurgled happily.

Bella's eyes lit up as she approached, the fatigue from the match giving way to a surge of adrenaline at the sight of her family.

"Look who's back!" Mal called out, his voice filled with a mix of pride and excitement.

Bella chuckled, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders. "Back and with a win under my belt. Not a horrible way to kick off 2024."

Máire reached for her but Bella seemed hesitant for a moment, “Someone wants her mama.

I’m still a little sweaty, sweetie.” but Máire keeps insisting, twisting and whining in her daddy’s arms, “Well, I guess you’re still getting a bath later. Fine, come here goofy girl.

Mal handed Máire over to Bella, and the little one cooed in delight at the familiar warmth of her mother's embrace and a little giggle as Bella pressed a couple of kisses on Máire's cheeks before turning to Mal, who wore a mischievous grin.

"You make it sound so easy," he teased.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh, yeah, a walk in the park, dodging everything Georgie could throw at me and all. She did manage to catch me solid in one of those spots that rung my bell a bit."

Mal laughed, his arms wrapping around both Bella and Máire. "Well, you made it look easy. And we've got a celebration waiting for you back at the hotel."

Bella's expression softened, a warmth filling her eyes. "I couldn't ask for a better cheering squad. Máire, are you ready to celebrate Mama's victory?"

Máire responded with a delighted squeal, as if in agreement. The trio started to make their way through the bustling backstage area, the sounds of chatter, laughter and camaraderie blending with the distant echoes of the crowd still cheering for the night's events.

As they headed towards the women’s locker room, Bella couldn't help but steal a glance back towards the area where the show was still taking place. The distant cheers were a reminder of the journey she was on—the victories, the setbacks, and the unwavering support of those who mattered most.

And something interesting caught her attention, one of the many televisions lights up with the face of Krystal Wolfe...the woman that has been claiming she deserved the title shot that Bella rightfully had back in December, the woman that claims that she should have been the holder of the Golden Briefcase. A lot of shoulda coulda woulda from a woman that talks a whole lot but has ZERO follow-up.

Bella scooches Máire up her hip a little bit and smirks, “Hope she got the answer to her question, Máire. Now, let’s see if she has a follow up.

Together, they made their way down the hall. The O’Connell family, a tight-knit unit, moved forward, ready to celebrate the triumphs of the present and the victories yet to come.

~*~Just Keep Growing~*~
January 12th

In the cozy living room of their townhouse, Bella Madison sat on the couch, gazing at the sleeping form of Máire, the bassinet that they kept in the living room just for times like these. The room was adorned with the soft glow of fairy lights, creating a warm and tranquil atmosphere. Outside, the snow fell gently, blanketing New York in a serene white embrace in the city that seemingly never sleeps.

Earlier that day, Bella, Malachi, and their husky Luka had ventured out into the snowy wonderland, creating memories that would be etched into the fabric of their family narrative. Máire, bundled up like a little snow princess, had experienced the magic of winter for the first time, her laughter harmonizing with the crunch of snow beneath their boots and with Luka going absolutely bonkers in the snow that she hadn’t seen in just over 2 years.

Now, as Máire slept peacefully, Bella couldn't shake the nagging doubts that whispered in the recesses of her mind. The echoes of the wrestling world lingered, questioning her choices, her return to the ring so soon after giving birth. Despite the victories, the concerns of whether it was the right decision gnawed at her.

Malachi, perceptive as always, noticed the subtle furrow of her brow and the hint of uncertainty in her eyes. He joined her on the couch, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"You're doing amazing, you know that?" he said, his voice a comforting presence in the quiet room.

Bella sighed, her gaze still fixed on their daughter. "I know, but...I still can’t help but wonder what if I rushed things? What if I should've taken more time?"

Malachi leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Mo fhíorghrá, you're a force of nature. You've faced so many challenges head-on, and you've come out on top and helped us along the way. I know it’s hard to judge with her, and with me going through a bit of a career change, and you're navigating it with absolute grace, just like you always have."

She looked up at him, uncertainty etched in her features. "But, Mal, what if I'm not giving Máire the time she deserves? What if I'm missing out on precious moments? What if I miss out on all of her first."

He smiled, a reassurance that transcended words. "Bells, you're the best mother she could have. Every decision you make is out of love for her. And top it off, you're not missing out on anything. You're creating this amazing legacy, chasing dreams, and to top it off, and one of the many things that I love about you, is being unapologetically you. Máire will grow up surrounded by that, and it'll shape her into someone extraordinary."

Bella's gaze softened, absorbing his words. "How do you always know what I need to hear?"

Malachi chuckled, his smile bright enough to light up the room even brighter than it was before, his eyes filled with affection. "Well, I pay attention. I notice the way you look at me when I dance with Máire or sing to her. I see the love in your eyes, and I thought, maybe, just maybe, that's what you needed too." He gently took her hands, pulling her to her feet. "So, how about a little dance to remind you of the joy in the present?"

Bella couldn't help but smile as Malachi led her to the center of the living room. He would start to sing the soft melody of a familiar tune of Forest Blakk’s “If You Love Her” flows from his lips. He knows how much she loves it considering it was their song that they danced to at their wedding. It filled the room as he twirled her around, their laughter echoing in harmony with the music. In that moment, surrounded by the glow of love and the enchantment of a snowy New York evening, the doubts melted away.

They danced and Bella found solace in Malachi's arms, like she always has, and it only reassured that the journey she was on, both in the ring and as a mother, was not a solo endeavor. Together, they waltzed through the challenges, embracing the rhythm of their shared story.
~*~The Rules of Engagement: The Minor Grievances~*~

Bella Madison sat in the room that had been dedicated to her massive collection of literary arts, a solitary figure amid the quietude. Though she was quietly reading, you could feel the anticipation for her upcoming match with Harper Mason hanging in the air, a palpable energy that surrounded her like a shroud.

Stretched out over one of the most comfortable seats in the whole house, she would occasionally glance at a mirror that was standing across from her, staring at her reflection in the mirror, her blue eyes reflecting a mixture of focus and determination.

In her head the hushed whispers of the Bombshells, comparing her to her mother, seemed to echo in her mind, but she refused to let them become a cacophony. She would shake her head for a moment, and go back to her book, flipping a page rather flippantly.

"I hear them, you know," she mused softly, as if sharing her thoughts with an unseen confidant. "They keep bringing up Mom's matches, acting like it's some kind of measuring stick for me. But I won't let them define who I am in that ring."

Her fingers traced the edges of the rather aged leather bound book that was in front of her, a favorite story of hers amongst the collection of masterpieces that came in all different forms that surrounded her. The contrast between the tattered old bind and the fire in her eyes painted a vivid picture of the internal struggle she faced.

"Harper's good. Damn good," she admitted, a flicker of respect in her gaze. "But this isn't just about winning. It's about proving that I'm not a carbon copy of Mom. I respect her legacy, but I won't be confined by it."

As she spoke, the room seemed to shrink, the walls closing in on the solitary woman that had always touted herself as the “Second Gen Not to be Fucked with”.... Yet, her resolve remained unbroken.

"I've been in this business long enough to know that perception can be as tough an opponent as anyone in that ring. Harper may be a generational, very talented, talent, but she's not wrestling against Laura Phoenix like she did all those months ago. She's wrestling against Bella Madison."

A quiet determination settled in her expression, and a subtle smile played on her lips.

"You see, I've set my own rules for this year, and they don't include living in the shadow of the past. Harper, just like everyone else, will see a different side of me in that ring. It's not about proving them wrong; it's about proving myself right."

I know I have since day one had no issue in the moniker of the “Second Gen” but it seems to be all the focus. YES! You faced my mom while she came out of retirement for a little bit and that seems to be all anyone wants to talk about. How about focusing on what is actually going on. Not one single soul had me penciled in to take on Julianna at December 2 Dismember. Hell, not a single person thought that I was going to make it past the first round of that little tournament. I gave her the biggest fight yet and she gave credit where credit was due but DAMMIT it doesn’t seem to be enough.

She slams her book shut and sits up.

You wanna know what pisses me off? There aren't a whole lot of Bombshells that actually strive to be better. They are happy being stagnate or they are so fucking petty that they will blame EVERYONE but themselves for their shortcomings. Thankfully Harper, I know deep down that isn’t you, I hear about you being inside of GO Gym and doing your damnedest to grow but sweetie, do yourself a solid favor and ask yourself, are you doing enough? I never settle, between being the best mother I can be to my little girl, the best wife to the absolutely most supportive husband known to humankind, every day I work to keep improving. I’m not looking to be the next Laura Phoenix, I’m not looking to be the next Nick Madison, I’m not even looking to even be the next Alicia Lukas...I’m looking to be me. We can talk about the generations that were to the generations that have yet come, but if you don’t give your all...what legacy are you going to leave if you settle for nothing but the absolute best?

That’s what I am striving for. THAT is what everyone should be striving for and if you’re not then you need to stay the hell out of my way.

With a final, resolute nod, she pushed herself up out of the chair and headed towards the door. The quiet room absorbing her words.