Author Topic: “Rise of the Avenger Part IX: The New Generation Clash!”  (Read 980 times)

Offline Harper Mason

• View Profile
“Rise of the Avenger Part IX: The New Generation Clash!”
« on: January 15, 2024, 08:24:28 PM »
(Josh was used with his handler’s permission)

Harper’s Vlog, a secluded spot in the Blue Arena, Denver, Colorado
Sunday the 14th of January 2024, 21:00pm

(on camera)

As Harper starts recording her Vlog on her phone we can see that the teenager has a lot on her mind.

”Where do I even begin to describe the first two SCW shows of the new year? I thought things were crazy enough when I wrestled a returning SCW Hall of Famer in my first match but no if anything that was just the tip of the iceberg!” Harper states as she brushes some hair over her shoulder. ”And I end tonight be hearing rumours that I’m finally entering the Bombshell Roulette Title Scene soon, almost as soon as My Bloody Valentine, all because my record in SCW is almost spotless.

You know, if you ignore my first loss to Bea Barnhart, and two wins by disqualification, and I’m overthinking things!”

Harper shakes her head.

”And then we get too my second match of 2024 and for the first time in a while I’m facing someone who isn’t a veteran or a former World Champion, not for lack of trying to be fair, Bella’s someone I know Jessie holds in high regard, to the point that she’s disappointed that she never got to wrestle her, and now I’m facing her this time next week in Greeley, Colorado in a match that could play a part in how my Roulette Future plays out.

No pressure right? But I do have someone in my back pocket again going forward, Josh might not have as many accolades as Jessie or even Team Hero but he is a hell of a wrestler and a mentor at that, I’m lucky to have him honestly, and who knows? Maybe he’ll be my key to my future as a Bombshell Champ in SCW?

One way to find out.”

Earlier that night, Climax Control 382,Denver, Colorado
Sunday the 14th of January 2024, 20:00pm

It was right in the middle of the semi-main event between Peter and Miles which Harper was watching on a monitor with Josh.

”Josh, is it bad that I’m kinda hoping Bea wins the title tonight?” Harper asked her new manager who gives her a curious look. ”Just so I can say that my first loss was too the current World Bombshell Champ?”

“Might not want Julianna to hear you say that.” Josh commented with a chuckle as he shook his head. “Besides, it’s like I said, you shouldn’t focus so much on the past, your still early in your SCW career.”

”True.” Harper responded as she folded her arms, right as Peter picked up the win Harper overheard a couple of stage hands chatting among themselves.

“Man, that Falls Count Anywhere match was a bitch to clean up after.” The taller of the two stage hands said and Harper did her best to ignore them. “I know Roulette Rules matches can get messy but come on!”

“Yeah and they’re already talking about Bobbie’s next challenger, heard a rumour that that young Bombshell might get a shot next, what was her name? Harper Mason?” Harper’s head snapped up when she heard that, to the point where she missed the ending of the match. “Apparently her almost spotless record has made the bosses sit up and take notice.”

”Sorry, I couldn’t help but overhear.” Harper apologized as she walked up to the stagehands and they turned to her. ”Where are these rumours coming from? Because this is the first I’ve heard of it.”

“”It’s mostly spreading around the off air staff like us, but it’s got some weight behind it.” The taller stage hand told Harper and she nodded in response. “And it kicked into high gear after you mentioned tonight’s Roulette Title Match.”

”Thanks, that’s all I wanted to know.” Harper nodded in response before she walked back to Josh and the stage hands walked off. ”Guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease after all.”

“Guess so, but we had better not act on it before you win your first match of the year.” Josh nodded in response as Harper brushed some hair over her shoulder. “We don’t even know if you’ll be booked next week.”

”Well, I missed this week’s show so it’s not like it’s out of the realm of possibility.” Harper responded with a nod before she got a text on her phone, it was the new card text and she grinned when she saw her match. ”And my second match of 2024 is official! I’m facing someone else who was in a big match at December 2 December, namely Bella Madison.”

“As in, Julianna’s last challenger before tonight?” Josh asked and Harper nodded in response. “She’ll be a tough opponent because she’s had a fire lit under her since she came back from maternity leave.”

”And I’ve had a fire lit under me since my first match against Mercedes.” Harper responded as she leaned against the wall. ”And they mentioned the rumours about me and the Roulette Title in the card preview, I’d say that it’s got some weight behind it.” Harper added as she grinned broadly. ”Either way this will be a great match.”

“Agreed.” Josh nodded before the Main Event started.

Harper’s vlog, her hotel room, Denver, Colorado
Sunday the 14th January 2024, 23:00pm

(on camera)

Several hours had passed since Harper’s night at the second Climax Control of the year and, unable to get any sleep, she decides to do another Vlog.

”If it looks like I’m trying to get some sleep, well, I am but it’s not exactly going well so I figured I’d get one last Vlog about my match against Bella in before I returned to Vegas tomorrow.” Harper lets out a small yawn. ”Maybe it’s the fact that I’m wrestling a woman closer to my age range for the first time in ages, at least that’s how it feels, or maybe it’s all these rumours surrounding me and the Bombshell Roulette Title, I’m not even two matches into 2024 yet and I’ve already got a lot on my mind! But how about we narrow things down?

How do I view Bella as a fellow competitor? And as an opponent for that matter?”

Harper leans back in her chair, deep in thought.

”I know from my days as a fan of SCW, before I knew I was related to Jessie that is, that Bella was one of those competitors who frequently found herself in a title scene, Mixed Tag, Bombshell Roulette, Internet even the World Bombshell Title once or twice but she always came up short, not for lack of effort because I know Bella’s a hell of a wrestler and has more than earned those shots but since she got back from maternity leave last year? It seemed like a fire was lit under her.

Then off course there’s the elephant in the room, the day when I faced Laura Pheonix in her retirement match at High Stakes! I’ll be honest with you Bella, I was close to quitting after that Bea Barnhart match because I couldn’t see a way for my career to get out of that rut, then I got picked by Laura as her final opponent and suddenly I found myself on a winning streak that was ended just two weeks ago.”

Harper sighs.

”I’d be lying if that winning streak was all sunshine and rainbows off course, we can thank Mercedes Vargas for that, but it reinvigorated my belief that I could be someone in the SCW Bombshell Division and my match with Mercedes at December 2 Dismember definitely turned a few heads just for how far I was willing to win a match in a No DQ environment, tell you the truth I’m terrified whenever I go for the Fragile Wings in a match because I always think that something’s gonna go horribly wrong and my wrestling career at least is going to end but it got the job done.

All that was made possible when I faced your mom Bella, and here I am, four months later, facing you, a woman with the same desire to prove herself as me who happens to be Laura’s daughter.

Laura’s daughter vs. Jessie’s cousin, funny how things work out in wrestling, am I right Bella?”

(end vlog)

Josh’s gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 15th of January 2023, 18:00pm

It was the day after Climax Control and Harper was training for her match against Bella with her two favourite sparring partners, Hayley from the Go Gym, and Zara from Hero Academy.

“Okay girls, we can’t really replicate the conditions in a Roulette Rules match so just treat this like a regular match.” Josh instructed the three women as they got warmed up. “Zara, you’re the closest to Bobbie’s height and Hayler’s closer to Bella’s height and general size so this should help Harper prepare for her match against Bella and potential match against Bobbie.”

”Well, as much as we can since Zara doesn’t have Bobbie’s strength.” Harper responded as she glanced over at Josh. ”Or weight but I’m pretty sure Team Hero would have something to say about Zara deliberately putting on that much weight just for a sparring match or two.”

“That and I had an eating disorder when I was younger that Team Hero know about.” Zara chimed in and the others gave her a surprised look. “It wasn’t anorexia, think the other direction.”

”Ahh, you kept putting on weight?” Harper surmised and Zara nodded in confirm it. ”Well you look great for what it’s worth so let’s forget about that idea.”

“What idea?” Hayley responded with a knowing grin before she exchanged a fist bump with Zara. “Anyway, since your match with Bella is a lot closer, how about you start with me Harper?”

”Sounds like a plan to me.” Harper responded before Zara left the ring to let them go at it, obviously Harper was further along in my training than Hayley but she had little problem keeping up with Harp, something that was a good testament to how well the trainers at the Go Gym trained their students. ”I just thought of something, Georgie could potentially use her briefcase of my potential match with Bobbie, couldn’t she?”

“I mean, I was expecting her to try it with that Triple Threat Match in the backstage area last night but yeah.” Zara responded with a shrug as she leaned on the apron. “If you think you should bring in someone to fill Georgie’s role than I can think of a few from Hero Academy, none of them are from London though.”

“Yeah, and the closest the Go Gym has is Kelly who’s from Ireland.” Hayley nodded in agreement as I leaned against the wall. I had sparred with Kelly a couple of times she had attitude problems but was a good student and willing to try anything at least once from what I remembered. “Even that’s a distant possibility but worth a shot I think.”

”Might not even need it, I mean, My Bloody Valentine V is a few weeks away and who knows what’ll happen between then and now.” Harper responded with a nod before glancing over at Zara. ”Z? Are you up for a round?”

“Thought you’d never ask.” Zara responded with a grin before she entered the ring and Hayley swapped places with her, the rest of the day went on like this with the three girls sparring in the ring until it was time to go home.

Harper’s vlog, Harper’s loft, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 15th of January 2023, 21:00pm

(on camera)

Harper turned on her webcam she let out a deep breath.

”Here we go, final vlog about my match against Bella.” Harper muttered to herself as she readied herself. ”We have a few things in common Bella, we’re both related to legendary female wrestlers and we are both hungry for singles gold, then again who isn’t in this company? Main difference is that you’ve been around for a few years now and I literally just signed with SCW last year and arguably I have more to prove than you in a potential title match because if the rumours are true than my first title match in SCW is coming up soon.”

How soon?

”The rumours say that my title match may be at the upcoming My Bloody Valentine V show and given how long you’ve been around for now Bella, I bet you understand how important momentum is for a match like that.” Harper added as she leaned forward. ”Because let’s face it, after that false start against Crystal three weeks ago? I need to build up momentum and fast if I want to win my first title in SCW and as much as I respect you Bella? I can’t let you get in my way.”

It's that simple.

”I know we’ll have a great match Bella, that goes without saying, considering I’ve managed to have bangers against most of my opponents since I signed with SCW but remember that asterisk right next to my wrestling record they mentioned in the preview? Almost perfect?” Harper lets out a deep breath. ”To my knowledge there’s only one undefeated Bombshell in SCW and she’s the current world champ! But you know all about that because you were her last challenger Bella and I know that you want to use our match to get back in the driver’s seat, why? Because outside of SCW? I’ve been there myself!”

And with that Harper decided to wrap things up.

”My potential match against Bobbie might be my first title match in SCW but overall? Nah, not even close, during my rookie year alone I won three titles, ones got a permanent place on my mantlepiece because the fed closed before I could defend it, the other two make me a double champ at the age of nineteen!” Harper added as she rested her hands behind her head. ”Not bad huh? I’ll be turning twenty this September and by then? I want to rack up as many reigns as I can, there’s just one problem.

I need to start winning matches first, and Bella is my next target.

Bella, there’s no denying that we’ll tear the house down on Sunday, two young hungry competitive women fighting with a potential title shot down the line? Who can blame us?”
Harper asked rhetorically as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”But in the end I’ll want it more at Rise of the Avenger IX: The New Generation Clash and you’ll get a taste of how hungry I am Bella! Because the world needs a new hero and her name is “The Slaytanic Avenger” Harper Mason! See you in the ring Bella and good luck!”

Harper turned off her webcam as the scene fades.