Author Topic: ENDEAVOR XLVIII  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR XLVIII
« on: January 12, 2024, 11:07:25 PM »
For well over a decade, Sin City Wrestling has been home to some of the most successful and most memorable legends in history. A who's who of talent that only the most diehard fans can recite from memory. Over time, though, these names have gone on to be celebrated in lore as the best of the best in their craft. Some have gone on to cement their place in the Hall of Fame, others have taken their talents to other promotions on the precipice of SCW providing wrestling on a national and worldwide platform. 

The talent in the SCW women's division runs deep. The memories you cherished, the names you remembered. Over the years, in a dizzying turn of events, they were drifting away.  A laundry list of all-time-great gems. Amber Ryan. Mikah. Roxi Johnson. Crystal Zdunich.

The Red Hurricane accomplished what she set out to do in less than three years, with a Hall of Fame induction to boot. The Bombshell everyone loved to hate has since traded in her wrestling boots for sand, surf, sun and enjoying mojitos in Maui these days. SCW's resident Superhero, perhaps one of the greatest in company history, was taking a part-time role after logging in by far one of the longest-active streaks of service. The Rose Queen, c exertainly the greatest in SCW history, has had championship reigns longer than her retirements. Now here she was for another run.

In another world, perhaps there was someone else waiting for their name to get called, the next legend who has defined the Bombshells Division and an era to suddenly get her flowers. Here in SCW, it was hard not to look at who would get that seal of approval and, in that wealth of talented grapplers, let the mind wander to Bombshell Mercedes Vargas and just wonder how much long she'll be a Bombshell.

She checked all the boxes. All-time great? Check. Perhaps the best to ever do it? Check. An ridiculous number of titles and accomplishments to rival her contemporaries? Check? At an age older than her most celebrated rivals —  Check, check, check.

But yet as sure as they were several things that separated Mercedes' career from that of the Ryans and Mikah' and the Johnsons and the Zdunichs of the world, thee were other intangible which made her status wholly different.

Mercedes' legacy remains firmly intact — as does the reputation becoming of her status in the company that, whether said aloud or in silence by the lockerroom, gave her a lot more leeway than most.

Some of this is because Mercedes' perceived excellence isn't just an SCW story. Her time even before she graced the shores of SCW many moons ago only added to it. Experience matters, even for people like Mercedes.

Over her SCW tenure, or at least through her many championships, Mercedes already had it made. That some of the Bombshells she competed in the ring have long since retired or found work elsewhere, it's a testament how she survived this long.  Some Bombshells are spending their golden years in Hawaii. Some, like Mercedes, seem to prefer staying in the ring that's defined her career, the 11 years of it.

Mercedes was not Amber, or Mikah, or Roxi or Crystal. She was not any of the Golden Age Bombshelks like Misty or Vixen. Mercedes' bad yesrs doesn't matter, because, like every new year, there's a sense of hope. Forget her ein-loss record or lack of title wins. All in all, hope springs eternal. And with that Mercedes finding winning again.

The possibilities are endless. She's tasted true success before and there was no reason why she couldn't do it again.

~~~

Present Day ♦ S A N T A M O N I C A, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

[A gym. Several training equipment of all sorts surround the facility, from the modern to the highly advanced. In the center of the white-washed and wood tiled room is a wrestling/boxing ring.]

[The gym is practically empty, although it’s late in the afternoon. However, one person is actually getting a workout today, and that person happens to be none other than Mercedes Vargas. Today she is wearing a grey t-shirt and black shorts. She is running the ropes as three girls, all of medium stature and height stand around watching.]

[Mercedes bounces off the ropes one last time before putting on the breaks as she turns to the girls.]

"Now THAT is how you run those ropes, people! Alright, let’s see how you do with chain wrestling. Who’s first?

[Lydia, a brunette wearing glasses raises her hand. Mercedes smiles as the bespectacled girl removes her glasses and hand it to the girl on her right. They stay at a safe distance as she and Mercedes circle each other before locking up.]

[Mercedes allows Lydia to get her into a wrist lock, but quickly overtakes her with one of her own and wrenching her arm behind the girl’s back.]

"Not bad, for a rookie…"

Without much effort, Mercedes sends the girl on her back with a modest over the shoulder judo throw, but holds up on the arm as she wrenches it apart.]

"...but surely you can do better."

[Mercedes looks at the camera for the first time now as a smile comes across her face.]

"When you’ve been in Sin City Wrestling for as long as I have you don’t think about losing; when you’ve had the success that I have had, you don’t think about losing. When you know that you've actually made it, you don't think about losing. Now, granted, I’ve had more failures than I have had successes the last few years, there is no hiding that, but in my failures I have learned, and I have been driven, and I have figured out how to be on top in SCW. And whenever, say, Climax Control or pay-per-view, I give it my all, give everything I have, and I still lose, it teaches me something about not only my opponent but about myself."

[Mercedes releases the hold as Lydia is helped up by the Hall of Famer and the second girl, Aisha, comes at her.]

"This Sunday, I could potentially make history and walk out of the second Climax Control event of the new year a five-time Bombshell Roulette Champion, but not only has history not been kind to me in title matches but I'm pretty sure I'll have my work cut for me against the champion Bobbie Dahl and fellow contender Seleana Zdunich. Names I know, abilities I can match and exceed.

“Last year, I lost every title match I took part in. The last one hurt the most. I did the damn thing. I didn’t defeat Julianna, nor did anyone thought I truly put the champ in jeopardy. But I made Jules work for the W. Most Julianna matches are foregone conclusions. That’s partially based on how she's been dominant on her part and the lack of real challengers in the women’s division. It’s different with me; I'm established and can talk the talk and walk the walk. If anything, it’s a victory that Julianna didn’t run through me easily or even at all."

[Mercedes sends Aisha across the ropes and sets her up for a crippling tilt-a-whirl backbreaker followed by a neckbreaker. Obviously, the Double Jeopardy combo.]

"Now, it’s bigger than ever. Different title, different champion, same goal. Because if I don’t succeed, if I don’t win Sunday, then that’s it. Back of the line for me. And who knows? If I don’t beat Bobbie then who will? Who will stop her? The stakes are if I lose I never get to challenge Bobbie for the Bombshell Roulette Championship ever again. That is a title that I have made famous ever since I joined the roster. Almost every Bombshell Hall of Famer have held that title. I have held that title four different times and was the first woman to do that, one more and I am tied for the most, 295 more days and I have held that title the most. And my rivals, the legacy of that championship, means so much. Before Samantha Marlowe became a thing, I was the reason why the Bombshell Roulette Championship became the most prestigious, most relevant title in all SCW and I will continue to make sure that it is the most prestigious and relevant title in all of SCW."

[Finally, Zoe attempts a clothesline but Mercedes Matrix’s out of the way before sending the blonde with a hip toss. She comes at her again before Mercedes collars her with a sleeperhold. She applies it tighter, and Lydia and Aisha stare at Zoe as she began fading before Mercedes gently lays her opponent on the mat.]

"Now, I understand Seleana wants this as bad as I do, that's no mystery. But let’s be honest, the bigger mystery is how Seleana somehow became a part of this match because as far as I'm concerned, she's the same Bombshell who was a literal dumpster fire in 2023 and she probably thought this was a pay-per-view because she couldn't even win one match on Climax Control to save her life. Of course, I didn’t understand a damn word she said as I’m not Swedish, but I’m pretty sure she probably broke the sound barrier every time she lost. Now that her wife is back in SCW and will give her a good pep talk, maybe that Seleana gets an extra dose of motivation.  If I was her, and I’m sooooooo glad I’m NOT, I would call in sick, I would forfeit the match and let me and Bobbie fight for the title. I have a little score to settle with her, and I would love nothing more than to take that massive chip on her shoulder and the gold around her waist."

[Mercedes invites the trainees back in the ring, but the girls were too hesitant to last another round with her. Taking their leave, they all roll out of the ring, backing away towards the rear exit door. With an indifference shrug, Mercedes turns back to the camera, with her hand akimbo.]

"You saw me put on a wrestling clinic just now. Trust me, after Sunday, Bobbie and Seleana will both be in need of a real clinic after I’m through with them.

"Come Sunday, Bobbie, I am not playing. I am doing whatever it takes to bring that title around my waist home. I think it's time I remind you and Seleana why I am that damn good. It's only a matter of time before I add your names on my checklist, courtesy of yours truly, the "Argentine Assassin".

[Mercedes fluffs and straitens out her hair as she leisurely sat on the ring apron.]

"It’s been awhile since I last held the Bombshell Roulette Championship. Whether history is made, delayed, or denied won’t matter. I’ve got nothing to prove and everything to gain."

[She slowly cross her arms<, adding a condescending smirk.]

"So, then, chicadees, the question isn't who's going to let me. It's who's going to stop me."

[***Fade***]

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)