Author Topic: Just a respectful video to Matty.  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Rodrigo Afonso

• View Profile
Just a respectful video to Matty.
« on: January 12, 2024, 10:19:41 PM »
This is just a respectful video for Matty YouTube shoot.

"I haven't got much to say to my opponent, honestly, considering we respect each other, although I understand the purpose for this match, being that we were in the Golden Briefcase match and never fought each other before. It's going to be a short, brief video since I have absolutely nothing negative to say to Matty Mallow. He had a better starting career than I did with his undefeated streak. I know he may want to get that win back from me, but he knows the top guy won the match.

Sorry to break it to you all on wanting something special, but there's nothing to say to be honest other than us having a great match and see who the top wrestler is. I never believe in the term best because nobody is the best wrestler in the world. I may have won the Golden Briefcase and I know who I will cash it to. I'm going out there and win this match.

I do want to address something SCW staff privately told me, not appearing on camera to talk. I'm not that kind of guy, I never know what to say that will get everyone interested. I'm not going on camera and show off my achievements of the briefcase, that's arrogance. Am I proud of winning it? Yes I am, but I'm not intending of bragging about it.

I don't think you need to appear on camera for every show at all personally because for me, I'm not comfortable standing in front of a camera and talk about me and my opponents. I struggle enough with this currently. Mostly because there's nothing Matty said I disagree with. I already stated my comments about him being a threat and being a talented wrestler. I'm not changing my views on it. Especially coming from a wrestling school, full of legacy wrestlers.

Honestly, that's literally all I had to say because there's no anger or beef between us, compared to Bill and Justin last week. We're wrestling and tear the house down and see who's on top. That's just it, sorry if the video is boring, but I can't think to criticize a guy I like and respect.