Author Topic: “Rise of the Avenger Part VIII: Flowers for an Old Rivalry.”  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Harper Mason

• View Profile
Harper’s loft, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 31st of December 2023, 18:00pm

We cut to Harper filming a Vlog on her laptop in her loft, her two dogs Logan and Xavier are at her side the Golden Labradors either sniffing around or looking cute.

”Each rookie year is different, that’s something I’ve grown to appreciate over the past year or so since I graduated from Hero Academy, but there was only one way I could describe my rookie year and that is chaotic.

I mean, how many rookie years start with said rookie’s parents getting gunned down in a home invasion gone wrong?”

Harper sighs as she runs a hand through her hair.

”The possibility of my first SCW Match of 2024 falling close to or on the anniversary of that terrible day has been at the back of my mind since SCW’s return date was announced for the seventh of January, but I didn’t think I’d literally be wrestling in the first SCW Match of the year and against a Hall of Famer no less, someone who my cousin Jessir hates even more passionately than Mercedes Vargas, to the point that she jokingly thought that they were trying to get her to drink.

So, why am I doing this Vlog to begin with? I don’t know, I’ve previously filmed promos on my laptop’s webcam but I think I felt I needed to get some things off my chest, especially when the source of Jessie’s heart problems from last month ended up being something good I guess?”

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 19th of December 2023, 17:00pm

What started as any other Thursday before the Christmas holidays ended up being anything but.

”You’re pregnant?!” Harper asked Jessie with a shocked look on her face as she starts to process the information. ”How long have you known? Because I really don’t like the idea of having a sparring match against a pregnant woman on my conscious, especially if she knew!”

”Harper, please, give me a bit more credit than that.” Jessie sighed as she shook her head and Harper leaned back in her chair, waiting for an answer. ”It’s like I explained to you at the hospital, if I had gotten pregnant at any point earlier in the year, someone would’ve noticed by now, don’t you think? Besides, I only found out about my pregnancy through the tests the docs ran on me after I collapsed, my heart issues were an underlying factor but me having a kid in my womb exasperated things, a lot.”

”You didn’t answer my question Jess, did you know that you were pregnant when we were sparring?” Harper insisted as she folded my arms and Jessie frowned. ”I want to believe that you have more common sense than that Jess, but I’ve seen firsthand how stubborn wrestlers can be.”

”I understand why you’re asking these questions Harp, but frankly? The implication is pissing me off.” Jessie responded in her trademark blunt manner and Harper lets out a deep breath. ”If I knew I was pregnant at that time I would’ve made arrangements, Keira to send down one of her students like that Zara girl, having you ask either Kelly or Hayley from the Go Gym if they were down for using the home gym, hell I would’ve called Amy and seen if she was free, the last thing I would’ve done is spar whilst pregnant, are we clear?”

”Crystal clear.” Harper responded with a sigh as she folded her arms, her conscience was at least clear for now. ”So what exactly are you going to do for the next nine or so months? You’ve always been a rebel on the Bombshell roster but now but with this you’ll dial it back won’t you?”

”To be honest Harp? I’m still processing all this shit, I haven’t been in a mosh pit in years and I’m not exactly going to run in when I’m five months pregnant as an example, my plan is to take things as they come, and in case you’re wondering about the conception date?” Jessie explained before thinking back. ”The earliest time I have is late November/early December, meaning there’s a good chance that you’ll share a birthday with my kid, but I’ll know more in the coming months either way.”

”Yeah well, if you decide to have a wrestling event for the reveal party can you at least book me and Cass in a match against each other?” Harper asked with a sheepish grin and Jessie chuckled a bit. ”She was one of my opponents that I wanted to dace after graduation but we’ve only crossed paths in EWC.”

”Where you’re on different brands when not wrestling together as Young Justice, I know.” Jessie nodded as she leaned forward. ”Only if you agree to wear blue attire and Cass wears pink.”

”In other words, as part of the gender reveal? Not sure if I’d be able to sell Cass on the idea because she’s arguably just as much a tomboy as me.” Harper responded as she shook her head and Jessie nodded as she got the idea. ”It’s all conjecture at this point anyway and besides you won’t know the kid’s gender until your three months into the pregnancy, plans can change between then and now.”

”I know, I’m just spit balling ideas and shit, and a lot can happen in those three moths! Blast from the Past, though I’ll be surprised if they book that for another International Tour, titles changing hands, Georgie cashing in her shot.” Jessie’s eyes rested on Harper for a moment. ”You getting your first title shot in SCW, it’s all fair game.”

”Can we not get that far ahead? I know my stock as a Bombshell went up with my wins over Courtney and Mercedes,  but I’m not even sure if I’ll get a title shot before I turn twenty.” Harper sighs as she brushes some hair over her shoulder. ”Besides, with Crystal’s return at December 2 Dismember I’m no longer the newest Bombshell on the block! Unless we count Ms. Manners but that’s if she comes back after her loss to Bea.”

”Yeah, you know my history with Crystal Zdunich, Hilton, whatever, and I know you take great pains to make it clear that we couldn’t be more different.” Jessie responded as she motioned between herself and Harper. ”But you should take any word of Crystal being a changed woman with a mountain of salt, that woman has changed personalities so many times over the years that I find it hard to keep track, never mind the fact that she robbed Ariana of her title back in January.”

”Yeah I’ve heard the stories about her but I want to judge Crystal for myself! Besides, there’s no guarantee that she’ll be my first opponent back, it’s not like I’m the only Bombshell on the roster.” Harper responded before she frowned. ”But I am the only one who’s been wrestling veterans almost exclusively since my debut match, for all I know they’ll use that as an excuse to book me against another Hall of Famer that you have history with.”

”If that actually happens I’ll probably make a joke about the bosses driving me to drink whilst pregnant on Twitter, purely hyperbole off course.” Jessie responded with a shrug and Harper nodded. ”And if that match does happen? Be ready for anything, Crystal is an unpredictable bitch at the best of times and I still don’t know how Seleana puts up with her.”

”No accounting for taste I guess.” Harper responded with a shrug before the conversation shifted elsewhere.

Harper’s lost, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 31st of December 2023, 18:30pm

”You know, it’s funny, when the match between me and Crystal was announced for the first Climax Control the year, and as the first match of the year at that, I actually want to Jessie and asked her for the state lottery numbers.” Harper comments as she leans on her desk. ”As for my personal feelings about Crystal? I know she’s a hell of a wrestler and one of the most controversial figures in SCW History, me? I don’t really have any strong opinions because she was gone long before I signed my contract but now she’s back and I’m her return opponent.”

Harper sighs as she leans back in her chair.

”I mean, tomorrow I’ll officially start my first full year as a wrestler, and considering how my first year went? I’m feeling optimistic, I mean, I already have three titles to my name.” Harper adds as she motions to the three titles in question, the KCW TV Championship on her mantle, the FCW Great Lakes Championship on the back of a chair and her newest acquisition, the Empire Pro Primetime Championship. ”Not bad for a rookie huh? Well I will be on the hunt for more titles to add to my collection, the real question is, what do I have to do to get in the contender ranks in SCW?”

Harper looks at the ceiling deep in thought.

”So far the only hiccup I’ve had was that loss to Bea Barnhart and if the ref knew what they were doing that loss never would’ve happened, but with wins over a Hall of Famer, a former World Champion and Jane McCullican, the question of what will it take comes to the forefront of my mind.” Harper adds as she shakes her head. ”And no, before anyone even suggests that idea, I’m not going down the same path as Jessie, I told myself when I signed with SCW that I’d take any title shoots as they come and those huge wins haven’t changed that mindset.” Harper adds before stretching her arms for a bit. ”Who knows? Maybe the key to that kind of attention is to spoil the return of a former World Champion, I know Jessie will laugh her butt off at the thought on me beating Crystal.

“I don’t pretend to understand Jessie’s hatred for Crystal, at least with Mercedes I get it to an extent but there’s one thing I need to keep reminding opponents that have history with Jessie.

I’m not Jessie Salco.”

Harper shakes her head.

”But I guess it’s not that simple for some Bombshells, they just look at me think “oh, she’s a younger Jessie with dirty blonde hair instead of being brunette, yawn” but I guess I have to beat some sense into them! I already did that with Mercedes earlier this month.” Harper adds as she flips some hair over her shoulder. ”Someday they’ll get the message and maybe treating Crystal with some respect will drive that point home? I don’t know but it’s worth a try.”

Harper grins broadly.

”Crystal you said that you wanted a good match? Well, you’re going to get one! I may be only nineteen but what I make up for in terms of lack of experience is talent and passion, something the last Hall of Famer I faced learned the hard way.” Harper adds as she starts stroking one of her dogs. ”And when I face you at the first Climax Control of the year and in the first SCW Match of the Year? I will bring the house down with you at Rise of the Avenger Part VIII: Flowers for an Old Rivalry and I will beat you! Why that name? Because you have a storied history with Jessie and if Mercedes was any indication? I need to watch out for Hall of Famers attacking me as a way to get to Jessie, but the world needs a new hero and her name is “The Slaytanic Avenger” Harper Mason! Crystal, I’ll see you in the ring!”

Harper ends the vlog as the scene fades.