Author Topic: MILES KASEY (c) v AUSTIN JAMES MERCER  (Read 916 times)

Online Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
MILES KASEY (c) v AUSTIN JAMES MERCER
« on: December 04, 2023, 07:01:39 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Re: MILES KASEY (c) v AUSTIN JAMES MERCER
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 05:19:45 PM »
The Bleeding Heart Theory

Sometimes people say things that come off wrong. Their hearts might be in the right place, and they might be doing it for the right reasons, but often, the meaning can be lost in translation. Peoples actions and words can be misconstrued and used against them in different ways, all because the target of The lesson doesn’t understand or can’t comprehend what they are being taught.

Life lessons, especially the ones that are meaningful are never easy to learn. Experience alone can’t be your only guide. This is something that Austin James Mercer knows quite well. All of the harsh life lessons that he has gone through over the last few years has taught him that, in the end, all you can rely on is yourself. You will still have other people in your life, friends, family, acquaintances. They will all try and help you along the way, but in the end, any windows or doors that they open are still up to yourself to walk through.

Self reliance is the only real lesson. The only real skill that everyone needs to learn.

Austin was 1,000,000 miles away. Sitting in the main workout area of the gym, his eyes drifted from everyone working out and doing their thing. From everyone in the practice rings and The weight rooms, all the way down to his phone. His eyes glancing across it as he flipped through different messages. People who Austin had talked to months ago were now messaging him. Telling him about his detective who was coming and talking to them about Lisa.

Asking about their relationship.

Asking about Austin and his family. Asking if Austin‘s father had any ties to organise crime.

Austin shook his head, knowing that they weren’t going to find anything. The truth is that, for most of his life Austin had been squeaky clean. And his father? While Christian Mercer had a shady dealings in the past, his record was clean. They were never going to find anything that would point to the Mercers being in organised crime. But that didn’t mean that Austin wasn’t annoyed by the entire situation.

Paloma near the truth. He had asked Austin directly. He knew what happened, and he understood so why all of this subterfuge and bullshit?

His mind clearly wasn’t into working out or getting prepared for anything right now. He didn’t even feel Alex moving over to him from the side. ”Austin…”

He slowly turned, raising an eyebrow and looking up at Alex. It seems to have been an eternity since the two men had a conversation. Austin had been in his own world. With Alicia and the boys and his own kids as well as spending time with his sister. Austin had his own separate life away from the gym. Alex had been hard at work, trying to expand the brand of wolfslair while also getting ready for a potential in ring come back. The two had not had a heart-to-heart conversation in so long that maybe it had been too late, and they both felt strange about this.

Alex had his hair tied back, his arms folded over his chest. He was in full-blown boss mode. Or, as Austin often called it to the younger students, “angry wannabe Dad mode”.”Did I catch you at a bad time?” Austin knew that tone. It didn’t matter if this was a good time, a bad time, or an indifferent time. Alex was going to ask his questions and try and get his point across no matter what Austin did or said.

”Not at all…boss”

Alex rolled his eyes. He hated when people called him that or tried to make. It seem like he was above them. In Alex‘s mind, he was still just one of the boys. A member of the gym who also just happened to run it. But everyone really knew the truth. Alex had become a businessman. Managing the careers of young up-and-coming professional wrestler as well, also helping The achieve the goals. It was a noble pursuit, but one that also came the drawback of people looking at him as a superior. As some kind of boss. ”So you and Miles…” and there was. Alex had finally taken notice of the issue between the two of them.

Austin raised an eyebrow, tilting his head and folding his arms over his chest before answering. Trying to sound as normal as possible, yet, also deepening the tone of his voice. Whether subconsciously or not. ”What about it?”

Alex shook his head, flaring his nostrils before puffing his chest out and keeping his back straight. Trying to make himself look bigger than he was. ”Don’t you think this issue has gone on long enough?” Austin stayed silent, staring up at his longtime friend And. One time mentor. He looked past Alex for a moment to see a lot of the members of the gym looking over at them. Clearly, picking up on the fact that this was a serious conversation. Austin pushed his way to his feet towering over Alex and making all of his efforts to look bigger mean nothing.”It’s been a year Aus….time to let it go..”

”Let it go…” Austin repeated the words and shook his head. He turned away from the growing crowd of people, watching, and encouraged Alex to do the same. They turned their backs on the crowd and spoke in lower tones. ”I get what you’re trying to do. But no. I won’t “let it go”. Miles needs to learn..”

”Learn what?” Alex spat the words like venom, but kept his voice low, so no one could hear the indignation and anger ”What lessons are you trying to teach him? Don’t fuck with Austin James Mercer? That he is beneath you? That you are the top dog alpha of Wolfslair? What is it?” Alex didn’t get it, he didn’t understand. Austin let out a heavy sigh and shook his head as Alex continued. ”You have to help me out here man, cause this is not helping anyone”

”He is better than this…” Alex looked confused tilting his head with silence, letting Austin talk. ”Everything I said is true. All I have ever done is try and make Miles reach his potential. The potential you saw, the potential I saw. Potential that he wastes and squanders.”

”That’s not-”

Austin put his hand up stopping Alex from interrupting him. ”He should be a world champion by now, he should be main eventing supercards and should be the top guy in SCW or any other company that he would want to go to. He should have companies throwing high money contracts at his fucking feet….and instead….he just coasts through life…and I’m sick of it…”

Austin growled, he clenched his fist, and Alex shook his head before throwing his hands in the air. Alex swallowed and turned back away from the crowd, realising that maybe they were catching more than he should let on. ”But…he’s happy..”

”What?”

Alex shook his head again. ”The kid is happy Aus. In his life. He’s doing something he loves, he has friends who he loves, he has Carter, whom he loves. The kid has a life and career he’s proud of…”

”He’s capable of so much more…”

Alex interrupts, firmly this time, leaning in closer to illustrate his point. ”But that….is not your decision….” Austin looked down at Alex, who had the look now of a concerned father, bnot form Miles or what Austin would do to him. But FOR Austin. After a few moments he gave a small nod, Alex turned and backed up moving away from him. Leaving Austin with his thoughts.

The Finale

”This is it, the end

Austin can’t help but laugh to himself, folding his large tattooed arms over his chest wearing a shirt that seems a little too tight. By design perhaps? Mind games to show just how much bigger than Miles he is?

”The clock is ticking. Time is counting down. But before I have a look and see where I’m going, I need to look at where I’ve been. Recently, I got into the ring with Eddie Lyons. And I warned Eddie that any lessons I gave him, he should definitely remember and take to heart. After I beat him something amazing happened. I didn’t hear any complaining, I didn’t see any whining or tantrums being thrown. I saw in Eddie’s eyes that he was contemplating what happened. Looking over the loss and trying to make sense of it. Trying to realize where he went wrong and was already making plans to come back better.”

“And maybe he will.”

“Maybe Eddie will succeed. We’re so so many others have gone wrong. I have faced a lot of young hungry contenders in this company. Men who walk in and talk about how they want to become champion and how they want to change the game and all these other grand statements. and so many of them have failed. So many of them have never been able to grab hold of that future in their hands and succeed. All because when they are slapped back down into place, they don’t have the heart to fight their way back up.”

“That is what this has always been about. When I first broke into this business, I wasn’t treated special because of my last name. In fact, everyone went harder on me for it. I had so much to live up to, my entire family had been in this business at one point or another. and when my father turned his back on professional wrestling, to become a leader of business and industry, so many held grudge. They thought that he turned his back on the family business, and where he needed to be, and where he needed to go. So when I came waltzing back in? The doors weren’t exactly kicked open for me because of that name.”

he gave a shrug of contemplation. Running a hand through his wavy brown hair. His piercing blue eyes staring ahead as he selects his next words carefully.

” don’t get me wrong, this is not sour grapes, and not Me complaining. That kind of trial by fire hardened me. It made me realise just how harsh this business can be, and for every single beating, and every single moment where people stood against me due to the past, that was out of my control. I became stronger and thank them all for it. But those lessons that I have tried to impart on the next group coming up, have done absolutely nothing to steal anyone’s resolve. In fact, all I see are a bunch of marshmallows, soft children who want to be coddled and want to be held and want to be told that they are special little snowflakes and unique.”

“None of you are born special. Everyone has to work harder and everyone has to realise their dreams of the sweat of their own back. If you get there through any other means, then it doesn’t mean shit. And that is something that I’ve tried to teach so many. So many that didn’t deserve it because they’re potential was outweighed by the arrogance. But there was one, there was one person who I saw coming into my sphere of influence that I really thought I could make a difference with. And that was Miles Kasey.”

“I feel like a broken record with you Miles..”

“We have had the same old song and dance for almost a year. I attacked Carter to get your attention. I tried to show you where you went wrong. Because I saw you flushing your career down the toilet. And I still do. And I get it, your personality is someone who enjoys life. You like to have fun and you like to just be happy. And I’m glad that you are happy. I am glad that you have friends around you who love you and you have someone in your life who treats you so well and you want to spend your life with. truly I am happy that you and Kat found each other. But the fact remains that you should be so much more than you are.”

“You should be a world champion by now.”

he shakes his head, thinking back to all the times he’s seen. Miles rise up and do something special only to very quickly shut up and break like the most fragile of glass.

”instead you are happy to hold that Internet championship high and think that is the be all and end all. And yes, that championship is important, in fact, I hold it near And dear to my heart, because when that championship was returned to this company. I was the first person to hold it, and the first one to hold it above my head proudly. I set the tone for every single Internet champion that came after me. So that title is something that I enjoy and something I will always treasure. But having held that one and the world championship, I can honestly tell you which one is more prestigious.”

“And since you are a little dense, it’s the world championship Miles.”

“A championship with a great lineage. Some of the best in this business have held that championship proudly. Myself and Alex included. Two men who you apparently look up to. Finn Whelan held it too, and you also looked up to him. Hell, you even lived with him for a time. that’s just three names. Three names, in an entire list of people who have changed the game.”

“ And in the years that you have been here. How close have you got to it? A small sniff here and there? A few fleeting moments where you could have become something?”

“This is for your own good miles. For the last year, I have tried to get it through your skull that you can be better and all I’ve had is pushback. Hell, the entire reason this matches happening is because you went out there on television and threw your little tantrum about how people see potentially knew, and you’re done with it. like a whiny child.”

Austin starts to get angry, his eyes burn and change, from someone intense but measured at a low growl in his voice and anger in his heart.

” however, it was refreshing to see you actually have some kind of fire aside from the usual, happy-go-lucky grin that you have on your face. This match, December to dismember, it is going to be the final time. Not the final time that you and I get in the ring together because God knows that while we are both here we will end up facing each other once in a while, we can’t avoid each other when we work for the same company. but this will be the final time that I sit here and give you a chance to realize that potential that we keep on telling you you have.”

“Potential, that word seems to be a sticking point for you doesn’t it. For years, I had people telling me I needed to live up to mine. Dangling this unattainable goal in front of me, like I was some kind of robot. But, I realized mine. I’m a multi time world champion in many different companies, and I have beaten the best of the best. I’m not in the Hall of Fame right now, but you damn sure better believe I will be. That is living up to my potential, that is being the best I can be.”

“You though? You have one last chance. One last shot to show me what you are made of.”

“And I’m going to warn you. Do not waste this. Win or lose. I need to see that in you. I need to see that fire at that passion. I need to see you fighting every single moment and scraping and chlorine and doing everything that you possibly can to walk out of this match with that championship still over your shoulder or rental waste. I need you to give 100% against me. If you don’t? I will know. And as I said Miles win or lose, you need to show me that you have at least learned something. I want to look in your eyes and see some sort of acknowledgement that you have grown as a human being and grown as a professional wrestler. Because if you haven’t?”

“Then you are, and forever will be what so many have said you are. A lost cause.”
>

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Re: MILES KASEY (c) v AUSTIN JAMES MERCER
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 09:37:42 PM »
Just Wasn’t Meant To Be
November 19th
Following Climax Control in Flagstaff, AZ

MILES!

Climax Control had been long off the air, the fans had left and some were trolling near the entry to the back of the building to get a sight and maybe even an autograph as their favorites left the building.

Miles Kasey, on this particular night had decided to move all the ring gear, shower and get dressed. He already knew Carter would wait for him before heading back to the hotel. It was only a little under a 4 hour drive back to Vegas, but what was the rush?

After the night he just had, him and SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion Alexandra Callaway, losing their match to Finn and Kayla...on top of coming face to face with Austin James Mercer...Miles just wanted to unwind but he couldn’t even get two steps out of the door to the men’s locker room before someone was already on his heels.

Miles.” the voice came a little softer this time and he knew immediately it was friend and not foe, in fact it was the very woman he just lost the main event with, “Hey, I thought I might have missed you. Look I just...I wanted to apologize for what happ-

All Miles could do was take a deep breath and cut her off at the pass before she began to ramble on, “Ally, you should know as well as I did as a seasoned veteran of the ring, that those Mixed Tag Matches can get absolutely insane and that is exactly what happened. It’s neither one of our faults and tonight Finn and Kayla were just that much better.

Yeah but, I was the one that got pinned. If it wasn’t for me-

Ally!” Miles said, frustrated with her at the moment, barks at her and catches her and even Miles off guard. He just leaves out a really long sigh and drops his head, giving it a quick scratch and trying desperately to hold on to his temper with her, “I’m sorry, I am exhausted right now and it’s been a long ass night that made me question a lot of choices I have made. Two things I know for certain, I don’t regret anything with Carter and I do not regret forming a team with you. We haven’t found that moment where we are clicking on all cylinders yet but it’s coming. But with that being said, we gotta start focusing on our own thing for a little bit. We can revisit the idea after the new year but- you saw what I’m facing now at December 2 Dismember. You also have your hands full with Bobbie.

I mean, yeah I do.” Alexandra said softly. The atmosphere in the corridor was tense, the shadows playing on the faces of both Miles and Alexandra as they exchanged words.

Look, Ally, I know you’ve got your hands full defending that SCW Roulette Title against Bobbie, and I’ve got my own battle with Austin. We’ve got to be at our best individually if we’re going to tackle these challenges. Maybe, it's just not the right time for us as a team,” Miles said, his voice carrying a mix of exhaustion and sincerity.

Alexandra, taking a moment to absorb Miles’ words, nodded. “I get it, Miles. You've got the Internet Championship on the line, and yeah, you’re correct I’ve got to deal with Bobbie, especially after everything I did to her. We both need to focus on our individual paths right now.

Miles put a hand on her shoulder, a gesture of reassurance. “It doesn’t mean we won’t team up again in the future. We just need some time to grow individually, face our own challenges. We’re both fighting for something big right now, and we can’t afford to hold each other back.

You’re right,” Alexandra admitted, a hint of disappointment in her eyes. “I guess I just thought we could be a great team, you know?

Hey! We can be and still will be, Ally. And there will be plenty of other opportunities to prove just that,” Miles replied, giving her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. “But we’ve got to let the timing and the pieces fall into place. It’s just not meant to be right now.

As Miles and Alexandra shared a quiet moment of understanding, the bustling sounds of the remaining fans and staff echoed through the corridor. They were two warriors, each on their own journey, finding solace in the camaraderie of shared battles but acknowledging the need to face their individual destinies.

Thanks for understanding, Ally. Let’s focus on what’s ahead, shake off tonight and get into the new year still and one piece and hopefully still with our titles,” Miles said, offering a tired but genuine smile.

Alexandra reciprocated the smile, appreciating the honesty and camaraderie. “Deal, Miles. We’ve both got big fights coming up, and we’ll face them head-on. Maybe down the line, we’ll give this a shot again.

Miles, sensing the need to lighten the atmosphere, grinned at Alexandra. "Hey, how about we shake off the tension and grab a late dinner? Carter's been bugging me about trying this place he found in town. What do you say? A good meal and a few drinks to wash away the frustrations of tonight? Consider it an apology for acting like such an arse just a little bit ago?"

Alexandra’s features softened, the tension of the earlier conversation dissipating. "You know what? A meal and a drink sound like just what I need right now. Lead the way."

He offers her his arm because he is a gentleman after all and she smiles as she takes it as they walk down the corridor together, the sounds of the bustling arena fading behind them, Miles feels that sense of camaraderie. In the world of professional wrestling, alliances might shift, plans might change, but the bond forged in the heat of battle remained. Tonight was a reminder that paths might diverge, but the shared journey was what made the wrestling family resilient.

As Miles, Alexandra, in the search for Carter who is waiting patiently somewhere in the building, and the promise of a late-night gathering disappeared around the corner, the corridor returned to its quiet state, ready for the next set of stories to unfold within its walls.

This Bitch Has To GO
3 Weeks Later
Las, Vegas

Three weeks had passed since the chaotic night in Flagstaff, and Miles Kasey found himself engrossed in training, using every available resource in the Turnberry Towers gym, on top of being welcomed into the GO Gym whenever he deemed fit. But on this particular night, the hum of the machines and the rhythmic clinking of weights provided a therapeutic backdrop to his focused regimen. As the SCW Internet Champion, he was well aware of the physical demands of his upcoming match against Austin James Mercer, but today, another unexpected challenge awaited him.

Amid the echoes of his exertions, Kevin Chapman, the troubled teenager from the floor above, quietly entered the room and approached Miles hesitantly. His eyes conveyed a mix of guilt and apprehension, as if carrying the weight of more than just the recent neighborhood mischief.

The sight of the young man had caught Miles’ eye almost immediately. There were rules afterall about children being allowed in the area without direct parental supervision. Miles had sat up and began to put the free-weights back where they belonged as Kevin approached him.

Well, hello there Kev.” Miles said without even looking directly at him, which caught the teenager by surprise for a moment, “Hope you’re not here to cause any problems.

"Hey, Mr. Kasey," Kevin began, struggling to find the right words. "I...I need to apologize for what me and my siblings have been doing. It's not right, and I'm sorry."

That caught Miles off. Kevin was so soft spoken, so unlike his mother and more like his father who had apologized to Miles and Carter on multiple occasions after having to deal with his wife. Miles took a seat on one of the benches and took a long look at this child. Actually, not a child, but a young man. Miles thought back quickly to all those years ago as to how he would react if he would have had a chance to approach someone like this, to take a chance to be guided in the right direction.

Maybe he wouldn’t have been such a shithead in his teenage years, making his mother worry every night. He would have turned out a little bit better. Thankfully there were people that brought his ass down to earth before it was too late.

Well, that was awfully brave of you lad and thanks. Hopefully you have apologized to more than just me.” Miles said with a bright smile.

Kevin hesitated for just a moment as he sat down on the bench across from Miles and you could feel the nervousness roll off this poor kid, he fidgeted with his hands, pulling at his fingers and looked around nervously, “Yeah, I- I started too. I had rather hoped that your boy- that...” the words got caught up in his throat for a moment, “I was hoping that Carter was here too but I’ll have to try and catch up with him without my mom around.”

Your mom doesn’t think too highly of Carter and I, you know?” Miles said without missing a beat.

That caused Kevin to smile a bit and roll his eyes, “Yeah, she doesn’t think highly of pretty much anyone that doesn’t kiss her- ANYWAYS, I was rather hoping to actually talk to you for a moment, if- if that’s alright?”

I mean sure if you want, kid. I barely know ya but what’s on your mind?” Miles said as he reached for a bottle of water and a towel.

“Well, I’ve been trying to figure things out a lot lately. My mom’s hatred towards you guys didn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense for a while.” Kevin said still fiddling with his hands, “I- I’ve been afraid to speak up to her a lot lately because she’s just so caught up in everyone’s business. What we did, we did it to get her attention but it’s like she doesn’t even care. She barely even asks us about how school is going or how we are with friend or- with other...”

Before Kevin could reveal the deeper issue, the gym door swung open with a force that announced the arrival of Karen Chapman. Her stern expression and judgmental eyes immediately fixed on Miles.

"What is this? You corrupting my son with your... your lifestyle?" Karen's tone dripped with disdain.

Miles, caught off guard by the sudden intrusion, took a moment to respond, holding up his hands, "Ms. Chapman, I don't know what you're talking about. Your son just wanted to apologize, and we were having a conversation about things, that’s all."

"Don't play dumb with me, Kasey! I know your kind. Trying to poison my family!" Karen's voice escalated, grabbing Kevin by his arm and whipping him behind her, and the noise gathered an audience among the gym-goers who paused their workouts to witness the unfolding drama.

Miles, maintaining his composure, said, "Karen, once again, there's nothing for you to worry about. Kevin was just apologizing, and we were having a conversation."

“I don’t care what you think you were having, my son is off limits to the likes of you! You have no right to even breathe in his general direction.” she hissed.

The situation escalated as Karen, undeterred, continued her verbal assault. Apparently the audience had gathered the attention of the Turnberry Towers association president, Mrs. Thompson, who had been drawn in by the commotion, intervened.

"Karen, I would like to make myself very clear, and you should know by now that we don't tolerate this kind of behavior in the towers. Please keep your voice down," Mrs. Thompson advised.

“Oh shut up Anne! I TOLD YOU that this was going to happen. The minute I saw him and his roommate-”

Boyfriend.” Miles interrupted, “Carter is my boyfriend, for the last time Karen.

“I don’t care! It is perverse! And I will not have my children subjected to-”

But Karen was relentless, ignoring Mrs. Thompson's attempt at moderation. Her words became more venomous, and she edged closer to crossing lines that should never be crossed.

“Oh my God, mom. STOP!” Kev spoke up but she turned on her heels.

“You are in enough trouble as it Kevin but if you ever speak to me like that ever again...it’s bad enough that you are acting up in school and constantly getting in to trouble, but now you are actually trying to converse these people that we have to live with that have no problem with their lifestyle. Next thing you know you will be talking to his...”boyfriend”” She let’s out with disgusted like someone pissed on her tongue, “And God knows what will happen, but I will not have you be talked into something that you are most certainly not like these f-”

Before she could utter a particularly derogatory comment, Miles, with a fiery determination, cut her off, "Enough! You don't get to talk to me or anyone like that. I've had it with your constant harassment and your self-centered rules for the entire building. Just because the entire building is on Karen Drive does not mean that you own the whole fucking property you selfish stuck up bitch! You're the problem here, not me, not Carter, not ANY of us. So help me God, you even whisper another word to me...you will not like the outcome."

The gym fell silent as Miles confronted Karen, his words echoing in the confined space.

“Right, Ms. Chapman we need to have a conversation immediately about what has transpired here.” Mrs. Thompson, now stern-faced, nodded at the security personnel nearby to address the situation. As they escorted Karen away, she continued to hurl accusations, her voice gradually fading.

Miles, still seething from the confrontation, turned back to Kevin, who seemed torn between embarrassment and relief.

"Kevin, whatever you wanted to tell me, it's okay. But we need to deal with the issues in your family, and I'm here to help if you need it," Miles reiterated, his voice carrying a mix of concern and sincerity. It was clear that he needed to understand that he was not alone.

Kevin nodded, a mix of gratitude and fear in his eyes, realizing that this incident had opened a door to addressing deeper family problems. As Mrs. Thompson led Karen away, still protesting and hurling accusations, Kevin took a deep breath.

"I... I appreciate that, Mr. Kasey. It's just... it's been hard, you know? My mom, she's so focused on herself and her rules, she doesn't even see what's happening to us," Kevin confessed, his voice barely above a whisper.

Miles, now settling back on the bench, motioned for Kevin to join him. "Look, kid, I get that families can be tough. I've had my fair share of issues, some that would make your head spin, and sometimes it takes a lot to make things right. But you've got to speak up, not just for yourself but for your siblings too."

Kevin sat down, his shoulders slumped. "I've tried, Mr. Kasey. But she doesn't listen. And now, with everything happening, I don't know what to do."

Miles put a hand on Kevin's shoulder, offering comfort. "First things first, know this, you're not alone in this. There are people who care about you and want to help. Your father, for one, and if you need, Carter and I, despite how much it may piss off your mum."

Kevin nodded, a mix of determination and fear in his eyes. The weight of responsibility was heavy on his young shoulders, but for the first time, he felt like he wasn't facing it alone.

As they continued their conversation, Mrs. Thompson returned, her expression stern at first but softened towards the boy as she notices that he is feeling low after everything, "Kevin, I think I’m going to need you to give me your father’s number. The association needs to have a serious discussion about the events that transpired. Mr. Kasey, thank you for your cooperation. We'll handle this matter appropriately."

Miles nodded, giving Kevin's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Remember, Kevin, you've got people in your corner. Don't hesitate to reach out."

Miles watched them leave, a mix of emotions stirring within him. He couldn't fix every problem, but if he could make a difference in one person's life, it was a step in the right direction. He looked around for a moment and took a deep breath, put the towel right up to his face and screamed into it.

This world would never fucking change, unless someone did something about it.

Later that night

After Miles had gotten back from the gym, he tried to just settle in for the night but he was just too wound up from the whole situation.

For MONTHS he has been taking it and taking it from this woman from the day he moved in shortly after new years. This on top of everything else that he had dealt with since he made his choice was beginning to wear on his nerves. If he could go back, he would do it the absolute same except maybe not take as long as he had to tell Carter how he felt and act sooner.

Other than that, between Karen and other problems outside of the towers, had begun to get to him in the worst way.

He got back into the condo, the whole situation slowly seeping its way and weighing on him more and more. He needed to get out for the night and bring Carter with him because once the association was done with that bitch, she’d probably bring her bullshit back to them and that was not going to happen anymore.

He would grab a shower, tell Carter to change, throw on something decent himself and just escape for the night. It was a decent night, they would just take the car that Carter’s father had left Miles and they would just drive a little bit out of the city.

No questions asked and no reasons given.

Just a quick escape for a little bit before Miles went off and did something he would ultimately regret.

And as the night wore on, you could see him calm down and finally Carter would ask.

Not that I’m complaining about the spontaneity of the night but let me ask you what brought it on?” Carter situated himself next to Miles who was leaning on the front end of the car and was just looking up, “I noticed we didn’t exactly take the normal route when we left home.

The word ‘home’ brought a smile to Miles' face. It was home, their home.

You won't believe what happened tonight," Miles began, the tension from the encounter still evident in his voice. "Kevin, you know, the kid from upstairs, came to apologize for the bullshit that he and his brother and sister had been up to. But then his mom barges in, accusing me of corrupting her son, insulting us, and just being her usual toxic self."

Miles paused, taking a moment to collect his thoughts before sharing the part that affected him more deeply, "The thing is, this isn't just about Karen being her usual awful self. Kevin opened up, said his mom's so caught up in her own self and making everyone’s existence hell, she doesn't even see what's happening to them. It's messed up, really messed up."

Carter, sensing the gravity of the situation, placed his hand in Miles, offering silent support. Miles continued, "I told him he's not alone, that we're here for him, you know? But damn, Carter, it's just... it's hard to see a kid dealing with that, feeling helpless in his own home. Kinda brought back memories of having to deal with my old man. I was a little younger than Kevin...his da is doing everything to keep the family together while his mother does everything to tear it apart."

Carter nodded, understanding the weight of Miles' words. "We'll do what we can to help. If that’s what you are thinking. Sometimes, just being there makes a difference.

Miles just smirks and continues to look up, “I just thought about what I would have been like if I had that kind of support when I was a kid, after my da left our mum high and dry like that. I wouldn’t have done some of the shitty things that I did. I’m a lucky one, I grew up, I got myself out of that without having to sacrifice mum or Bri like my da tried to do to all of us. I wasn’t about to let them get sucked in.

Carter looks at him, “How bad was it?

Miles stays silent for a moment, trying to contemplate how he really wanted to talk about that past in Manchester that could easily destroy that squeaky clean image, “It was anything to make sure that my family survived. I can’t say that people didn’t get hurt or things were destroyed, but I wasn’t given a choice. I had no time to come to grips with what I was doing or how it made me feel. I wasn’t allowed to have a normal childhood. I think that’s why I work as hard as I do now.

What do you mean?

From the moment I got out of Manchester, through the Russow’s school, all the way through Wolfslair to now, I didn’t want to waste a moment or a chance. I took everything I could from all of it that I could to make sure that life in general for everyone from mum to Bri...to you would never want to let you guys down. In a way, I’m still searching for that ultimate approval from the gang at Wolfslair.” Miles laughed because for the first time he actually is talking about this, “As hard as I worked it just never seems like good enough for certain people and I’ve spent many nights wondering why the whole thing began to begin with. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just given in to whatever the hell Austin wants, but that’s what I got away from in Manchester. Being forced to do so that I can live and I don’t want that anymore. I am free, I am happy and I am where I am meant to be. I never want you to doubt that, love.

It was like he knew what Carter was going to say and he looked up at Miles after that last statement almost in surprise.

You look surprised that I would say that?

A little bit. I mean, we’ve been through a lot, now we’re planning this big Christmas with our families. It’s just sometimes it feels like you gave up so much just for me.” Carter says so softly that it’s almost a whisper, “It’s good to hear it though.

Hey, I’m beyond excited to see how my clan gets along with yours. I’m a little nervous though, not going to lie.” Miles says shifting and wrapping his arm around Carter.

ME TOO! What if they clash? What if none of them get along?

We’ll sell tickets, find some carrier to film and make millions?” Miles jokes and Carter laughs with a little shove, “I’m sure grams can take on my brother-in-law.

Oh that I have no doubt, but your mom and mine? That could be the fight for the ages. I’m not sure if Vegas would be big enough for the both of them.

Miles laughed at the mental image, "Well, at least we'll have a lively Christmas.

Putting It All Out There

Miles Kasey, seated in the dimly lit room, stares intently at the SCW Internet Championship belt on the table before him. The room echoes with a focused silence, broken only by the distant sounds of the bustling arena outside. Miles runs his fingers over the championship, feeling the weight of the gold and the journey it represents.

"You know, Austin, you're right about one thing. Honor might be dead for you, but it's alive and well in this very title," Miles mutters, a steely determination in his eyes.

He leans back, reminiscing about the battles that led him to this moment, the sacrifices, the injuries. A small smirk plays on his lips.

"Austin, just a little while ago you talked about me stealing your time, motivation, and knowledge. But what you fail to see is that every second, every bruise, every lesson learned in that ring is earned. It's not stolen; it's claimed through hard work, through proving that I belong right here."

Miles clenches his fist, channeling the frustration into focus.

"I have spent more time growing more in any ring than you'll ever understand. From the time that I left Manchester, through my time with Russow all the way up to the time I spent in Wolfslair and even at Go, I have not stopped for one fucking second. The Internet Championship isn't just another belt; it's a symbol of my journey. And, Austin, if you think for a second that I'm going to let you tarnish that with your self-righteous notions, and about how you are just so much better than me....well bruv, you're dead wrong."

The realization hits Miles that it's not just about defending the title; it's about standing up for himself against someone who thinks they can dictate his growth.

"You want to make me who I need to be? You think I haven't evolved? Austin, I've faced setbacks, cracked ribs, concussions, but every time I stepped back into this ring, it was a step forward. I don't need Wolfslair to define me. I REFUSE to be a puppet, and you're not pulling my strings any longer. But it seems like everything that I have done SINCE I became a member of Wolfslair, after Alex Jones supposedly “reluctantly” opened those doors to me, I had until as recently as the beginning of this year when you decided to pull your head out of your arse and graced the rest of us with your presence, has meant jack fuckin’ shit to the lot of you."

This whole mantra of you and Finn and whomever the fuck else, coming out of the woodwork trying to take my arse through the proverbial shed doesn’t seem to get it through your fucking skull. I don’t mind that practically everyone seemingly wants my head on a silver platter. There is NO ONE in SCW that remotely beats themselves up more over the ‘should-a, could-a, would-a’ than me. I could have been the SCW World Champion, I could have been multi-time Roulette Champion, hell Alexandra and I could have dethroned Finn and Kayla but it didn’t happen. Things happen for a reason. I defeated Calvin when it was right. I somehow managed to survive Eddie and Braddock because it was right. And you answering the call...it was right. For ALL of 2023, we have been doing this song and dance across all these months and it’s going to end HERE.

I have been called many things, I have been called a thief, I have been called a pirate, I have been called a wolf, I’ve been given the title of ‘The Manchester Corsair’...hell you can even call me a fuckin’ pussy if you want for leaving New York for Las Vegas and not looking back, but I am fucking over the constant disrespect that I have gotten from you. You want to see how far I am willing to go? Because everything I have done hasn’t been enough? Dragging myself from the very edge of abyss wasn’t good enough? Well...

Miles stands up, the championship slinging over his shoulder, a fire in his eyes.

Heard a quota once: “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” When I cut through that rock - and I will...I’m going to split the Earth in half. Despite what you have all been saying all along, I have changed, grown and adapted. And through it all, I am still that same shithead that came from the streets of Manchester that would do anything to survive. I did it all, while carrying the name of Wolfslair on my back and there isn’t a single male on the roster that can say that. And if after I beat you, it still doesn’t get through that thick fuckin’ skull of yours that this has been my way of life for years...after I take your fucking head off and send it back to Wolfslair in New York, special delivery with a note that states that if this isn’t good enough for everyone, I will gladly hand in my secret decoder ring for Wolfslair and move on.

"At December 2 Dismember, every fucking thing that you guys have been pushing and pushing me on....you are going to wish that you hadn’t shoved me so hard. I have taken out every glass ceiling on my own terms and I won't let you Austin, or anyone else dictate my journey. I am the Internet Champion, and I'll be damned if I let anyone tarnish what I have earned. Austin, your time of bullying and manipulation ends with this match. I'm not just fighting for this title; I am not just fighting for my very livelihood; I'm fighting for the respect that I've earned and the growth that's rightfully mine."

I’m done with professionalism. I’m over none of you actually paying a lick of fucking attention and conventantly forgetting that I existed until it mattered to them. It’s time to KILL. Wolfslair wants to see how much blood I am willing to lose? When everything is on the line?

He holds it up close to his face and with a wink.

Buckets, bruv. One for every time you have taken my words lightly and mistaken it as a kindness. I warned you once. Don’t blink, because you may miss your lesson above it all. That you have no idea who the fuck you think I am.

With a final glance at the championship, Miles leaves the room, ready to face whatever awaits him beyond.