Author Topic: ~*~Winter isn't coming...Winter is here.~*~  (Read 1174 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
~*~Winter isn't coming...Winter is here.~*~
« on: December 01, 2023, 11:31:51 PM »
*~*A New Chapter*~*
August 14

It had been less than 48 hours since Máire Nicola had entered the world screaming and with everything looking extremely well and Máire already eating like a champ, Bella and their new bundle of joy were about to be sprung from the maternity ward of the hospital.

It had felt like an eternity in such little time, her clean up, being weighed and measured, her going for her testing and first shots.

By the way, nothing wrong with her lungs as the whole ward knew when that happened.

There had been plenty of cuddles and feedings and changes. Máire had her first bath, in which Mal was so gentle with her, like his little girl was made of the thinnest glass possible. He was a fast learner though and as the time went on, he seemed to have a firm grasp on it.

Bella had plenty of practice before, but her own daughter was something new. She wanted to be there for her every waking moment but she was reminded that her body just went through something amazingly beautiful and traumatic at the same time. She needed to rest and take care of herself all at the same time. They both would.

But when the day came, when they finally got to go home, they knew they could handle this.

They decided to put Máire in a cute little outfit that Aileen, Mal’s mother, had given them at the baby shower. A cute little outfit that had a matching beanie, that was an adorable light green dress with some white socks that had little green frills at the end. Bella made sure to get a picture to send to Mal’s mother. Mal had made a run out to get coffee, and in the process grabbed the car seat too.

And the scene he walked into, seeing Bella in a simple loose summer dress to make sure she was still comfortable and holding their little girl in her arms and burping her after they made sure she ate before their trip home...Mal’s eyes softened on sight.

You get to go home today sweet girl and there you are going to meet your protectors. Luka may be a little timid of you at first but I promise you that she is going to love you forever and then there is Salem, who will watch over you all the time that he can. And there you have your own room that is so warm and so pretty. It was put together by mommy and daddy, and your grandparents helped as did your aunties that you met yesterday.” Bella said softly, as she patted her newborn’s back with a little bounce in her step, “I can’t believe we get to bring you home already. It all went by so fast but it felt like no time at all, and while part of me does miss your little kicks, I just can’t wait to show you this world.

Well she’s about to know.” Bella turned around at the sound of Mal’s voice as he made his way into the room and placed the car seat on the bed, and made his way towards Bella and Máire , giving them both a kiss on their heads, “Did you get everything packed?

Almost. She started getting fussy so we had our bottle and now just waiting for that ever elusive-” and as if on cue we hear a small burp, “Ah, there we go. Now hopefully our trip home won’t be a loud one.

Thankfully we don’t have too far to go but the way traffic is in this town who knows.

Bella looks at him and places Máire next to her face and pouts a bit, “Don’t curse us, daddy. We know what happens when we say these things.

Mal smiles and reaches for Máire, and holds her up as she is in that newborn scrunch still but her blue eyes are looking right at Mal, “Daddy is sorry little one, but your momma moved us to a city that has one of the most asinine traffic in the free world and your old man would rather live outside of the city but anything to make my girls happy.

I told you I wasn’t against it, but we put so much work into the building...” Bella sigh as she began to collect the things that had been scattered about and put them into the suitcase that had been sitting on the recliner that had been Mal’s bed for the last day or so.

I’m picking, mo grá. Besides, with Máire just getting here, I’m not about to uproot us so soon.” he said gently. Bella’s hormones were still all over the place after all and the last thing he needed was to test those waters.

She sighed as he tucked Máire into his arm and wrapped her up in a hug, “Sorry, guess I’m still a bit off balance.

Well once we get all of us home, I’m sure it will balance itself out in due time.

Just then a knock comes to the door with the nurse that they have come to know as Jenny rolls in with a pile of papers stacked into the seat of a wheelchair, “Alright to come in?”

Absolutely Jenny! We’re just packing up!

“Wonderful! Because I am here to officially spring the O’Connell family free, complete with your chariot, mama.”

Bella looks down at the chair and shakes her head with a smile, “Oh Jenny, I can walk...

“Actually it’s hospital protocol and trust me, you will enjoy it as from here it is all on you guys.” Jenny said as she pulled the papers up from the chair, “I just have a few things to go over and make sure Máire is all tucked in to her car seat properly and then off we go.”

Well who am I to say no?” Bella said with a smile, she grabbed her hospital issued water cup that she had been attached too, minus the occasional cup of coffee, “Can I take this too?

“Absolutely! Even all the pads, diapers, the extra bottles too since I know you are doing both and the diapers. You paid for it, it’s yours.” Bella gave a little cheer and dance, as Jenny went over the paperwork with them both and then watched as they got Máire buckled in all nice and snug and placed the hospital blanket over her. As Bella signed the last of the paperwork, Jenny smiled “And just like that you are out of here!”

And with Mal carrying Máire in her car seat and dragging Bella’s suitcase behind him and Bella, carrying a few items like flowers that were sent by friends and family alike, they left to begin their life as the family they always wanted.

*~*Decking the Halls with Chaos*~*
Tuesday afternoon

The cozy O'Connell household was buzzing with the energy of the holiday season. Bella and Malachi were determined to make their home feel festive, especially with Máire experiencing her first Christmas. The scent of freshly cut pine mingled with the aroma of sugar cookies baking in the oven as they attempted to create a winter wonderland amid the chaos.

Máire, at three and a half months old, was in the middle of it all, happily gurgling in her baby swing. Luka, their lively three-year-old husky, was attempting to chase after the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree, while Salem, the seven-month-old black cat, decided that the tree was an excellent climbing challenge.

Bella chuckled as she attempted to hang ornaments while keeping a watchful eye on the furry mayhem. "Alright, Luka, you're not supposed to be the ornament! Down!"

Malachi, balancing a box of decorations, joined in the laughter. "And Salem, you're not auditioning for the role of Christmas tree ninja. Can we please have a moment of peace?"

In the midst of the controlled chaos, they managed to string lights, hang stockings, and Bella even managed to coax a Santa hat onto Luka's head for a brief moment before it became a chew toy.

Bella looked around at the scene, a mix of exhaustion and delight on her face. "Who knew decorating with a baby, a hyper dog, and an adventurous cat would be such a challenge?"

Malachi grinned, stealing a quick kiss. "It's chaos, but it's our chaos. Besides, Máire is having a blast, and that's what matters."

As they stepped back to admire their work, Máire let out a delighted squeal, seemingly approving of the twinkling lights and festive atmosphere. Luka, now adorned with the Santa hat again, wagged his tail, knocking over a small stack of Christmas cards.

Bella sighed, "I suppose we'll just call that our Christmas card shuffle. It's unique."

Malachi laughed, "Absolutely. Now, I think we've earned a break. How about some hot cocoa?"

I’d prefer coffee but that’ll do!” Bella smiled, as the door buzzed, “That would be Spinelli.

Mal grumbles, “We have the lights on! We didn’t need him!

Yes but it’s supposed to be more” Bella waved her arms around as she made her way over to their system, hit a button and let Spinelli in, “Be nice, he is here to help.

In the living room, as Malachi made them all the hot beverage of choice, Spinelli, adorned with a tinsel boa and elf ears, fluttered around with boundless energy. Luka, the husky, looked on with a mixture of curiosity and confusion, while Salem, the black cat, eyed Spinelli from a safe distance.

Malachi glanced at Spinelli, who was engrossed in arranging Christmas ornaments in a manner that defied all conventional norms. With a deep breath, Malachi attempted to voice his concerns, "Spinelli, maybe we should keep it a bit more traditional with the decorations?"

Spinelli looked up, his eyes sparkling with festive fervor, "Ah, Dark Knight! But tradition is the enemy of innovation. Embrace the avant-garde of holiday decor!"

Malachi exchanged a bemused glance with Bella, who was attempting to hang mistletoe above the doorway with Máire cooing in her arms. He sighed, realizing that Spinelli's unorthodox approach to Christmas might be an acquired taste. “He was just supposed to help with the lights, not the whole damn house.” he muttered to Bella.

Oh don’t worry, if we don’t like it we can always move it.” she said, handing him the mistletoe to have him hang up.

As Spinelli moved on to attach jingle bells to the curtains, Malachi couldn't help but mutter under his breath, "Innovation is great, but does it have to involve so many jingling bells?"

Bella chuckled, understanding Malachi's sentiment. "Spinelli's unique, that's for sure. But you have to admit, he brings a certain charm to the holiday chaos."

Malachi nodded, trying to appreciate the charm amidst the chaos. However, as Spinelli began to serenade Luka with a rendition of "Jingle Bells" using an improvised kazoo, Malachi's patience wore thin.

"Why is he always like this?" Malachi whispered to Bella, who shrugged in response.

Just as Malachi contemplated how to diplomatically suggest toning down the festive fervor, Spinelli suddenly appeared beside him, wearing a pair of oversized reindeer antlers.

"Dark Knight! Fear not, for Spinelli has devised the ultimate holiday masterpiece!" Spinelli declared with theatrical flair.

Malachi, now with a reindeer-topped Spinelli at his side, couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, "And what might that be?"

With a flourish, Spinelli produced a remote control, pointing it at the Christmas tree. Suddenly, the lights on the tree began to dance in synchronized patterns, accompanied by an eclectic mix of holiday tunes.

Bella and Malachi exchanged surprised glances, the absurdity of the spectacle momentarily silencing them. Luka, however, seemed thoroughly entertained and howled along, creating a bizarre yet oddly festive atmosphere.

Malachi couldn't hold back a chuckle, "Alright, Spinelli, you've officially added a touch of... uniqueness to our Christmas."

Spinelli beamed with pride, "Ah, but of course! 'Tis the season to be unconventional! Tis of course for the darling Tiny Valkyrie as it tis her first Christmas and we do want it to be a special one."

As the day unfolded with Spinelli's unconventional brand of holiday cheer, Malachi found himself torn between exasperation and amusement. In the midst of the Christmas clash, one thing became clear—Spinelli might get on his nerves, but he undeniably added a memorable twist to the festive preparations.

And as he left the O’Connell’s, the tiny little family settled on the couch with mugs of cocoa, Máire snuggled comfortably in Bella's arms, and the pets found their spots amid the scattered Christmas chaos, the warmth of family and the holiday spirit filled the room.

~*~Facing a Winter's Challenge~*~
Present Day

With the festive decorations in place, Bella found a quiet moment to reflect on the upcoming match against Krystal Wolfe. She sat in the living room, the glow of Christmas lights casting a warm ambiance, but her thoughts were focused on the intense challenge that awaited her in the ring.

It had been a couple of years since Bella and Krystal last faced off, and much had changed. The stakes were even higher now—a chance to advance to December 2 Dismember and, potentially, a shot at the SCW Bombshell Championship held by Julianna DiMaria.

Bella ran her fingers through her hair, contemplating the significance of the match. Krystal Wolfe was no stranger to mind games, and neither was Julianna. The mention of her mother's match against Julianna, especially the reminder of Julianna's victory, added an extra layer of pressure. Of course, Bella wasn’t about to let it get to her.

She took a deep breath, the scent of pine from the Christmas tree providing a grounding sensation. She glanced at her phone and went back to that message from Twitter, "Julianna can play her mind games all she wants. I'm not here to avenge anyone. I'm here to carve my own path."

Malachi, sensing Bella's contemplative mood, joined her on the couch. "Thinking about the match?"

Bella nodded, a determined glint in her eyes. "We both know that Krystal is no pushover. She's relentless, and I know she's hungry for success. But so am I. This match isn't just about getting one over Krystal; it's about proving to myself that I'm ready for whatever comes next. I finally got that first win since my return, and I’m not about to lose momentum."

Malachi placed a supportive hand on her shoulder. "This may sound cliche, but you've faced tough challenges before, and you've always risen to the occasion. This time will be no different."

Bella leaned into his touch, finding comfort in his unwavering support. "Krystal may think she has my number, but people change, and so do strategies. This isn't the same Bella she faced years ago. I've grown, evolved, and I've got a few surprises up my sleeve."

Malachi grinned, "That's the spirit. Show them what you're made of, Bells."

As the night settled around them, the Christmas lights casting a gentle glow, Bella Madison had prepared herself for the upcoming showdown a multitude of times throughout the week. The mind games, the reminders of past defeats, none of it would deter her from the path she was determined to carve. The journey was challenging, but with the support of her family and the strength within, she was ready to face the winter's challenge and emerge victorious.

As Bella took in the warmth of the festive atmosphere, her mind drifted to what winning this match would mean to her. She spoke, her voice filled with a mix of determination and longing.

"Mal, winning this match isn't just about advancing in the tournament or getting a shot at the Bombshell Championship. It's about proving to myself that I can overcome any obstacle, that I'm not defined by setbacks. Julianna can throw all the reminders and mind games she wants, but this is about my journey, my evolution. Winning means seizing control of my narrative."

Malachi nodded, understanding the depth of Bella's words. "It's about rewriting the story, isn't it? Showing everyone, including yourself, that the Lil Valkyrie they remember is just the beginning. You've got so much more to offer, and this match is the canvas where you paint that story."

Did- ...did you just use a Spinelli-ism?” Bella looked at her husband with a bit of bemusement.

Mal rolled his eyes, “Ugh, yeah I did. That’s just a whole other reason to kick Spinelli’s ass the next chance I get.

You keep saying this and yet...” Bella motions to her husband that this has yet to happen in the few years that they had been together and the multiple meetings that Spinelli and Mal have had in the past.

Mal just shook his head and smirked, “Yeah yeah.

But I said enough, I am not my mother. I’m something new, something different and I’ll be damned if people try and teach me any differently.” Bella smiled, grateful for Malachi's insight. "But you are exactly right. This isn't just a match; it's a declaration. It's saying, 'I'm here, and I'm ready for whatever comes next.' Winning means setting the stage for what's ahead, and I can't wait to see where this journey and these next few chapters takes me."