Author Topic: *~*Thanksgiving Chaos*~*  (Read 1545 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
*~*Thanksgiving Chaos*~*
« on: November 24, 2023, 11:29:51 PM »
*~*Thanksgiving Chaos*~*

The savory aroma of roasted turkey wafted through the O'Connell household, signaling the arrival of Thanksgiving. Bella, with a determined smile on her face, wore an apron that read, "Chef in the Making," as she navigated through the bustling kitchen. Máire was safely tucked in her high chair, observing the organized chaos around her with wide-eyed curiosity.

The doorbell rang, and chaos ensued as the guests arrived almost simultaneously. Malachi, who was still finishing his attempt at tying a bowtie but just decided to say to hell with it and stuff it into his pocket, rushing to greet everyone at the door while Bella juggled a wooden spoon and a tablet that had garnered her all of her favorite recipes, in the kitchen.

"Well it’s about time you all get here! Come on in!" Malachi greeted Alanah and Jack, who were wrangling the energetic twins, Patrick and Elise. The toddlers were already racing around, their laughter filling the air which only set off Luka who enjoyed getting chased around by something other than Salem.

Patrick stops only for a second in front of Mal, "Uncle Mal! Look at my race car!" Patrick proudly displayed his toy car, zooming it through the air as if on a mission to explore every inch of the living room.

Meanwhile, Rory, the 7-month-old bundle of joy, was happily babbling in Alanah's arms. Alanah, noticing the commotion from the kitchen, called out, "Need any help in there?" with an air of faux confidence.

"I've got it all under control!" Bella shouted back, attempting to corral the unruly ingredients that seemed to have formed an alliance against her.

In the midst of the chaos, Mack McKane and Mattie Cormier arrived, bearing desserts and festive smiles. Mack, known for his playful banter with the children, immediately joined forces with the toddlers, getting Luka even more riled up.

"’ey there, lil ones! Uncle Mack's got some tricks up his sleeve!" he exclaimed, earning giggles and laughter from the kids as he sent Luka hauling ass down the hallway and back again.

Meanwhile, Mattie and Alanah, ever the calm presences in Bella’s chaotic life, strolled into the kitchen after they placed some of the things that Mattie brought on a table that was set off to the side. "Bella, do you need a hand with anything?"

Bella, determined not to admit she was slightly overwhelmed, waved her off with a dismissive smile, "No, no, I've got this. It's just a little... Thanksgiving flair!"

Malachi, sensing the potential chaos, intervened, "Bells, why don't you let them help you out? I know you prepared a lot last night but it’s clear that you are a bit over your head at the moment."

After a moment of reluctant consideration, Bella relented, "Fine, but only because I don't want the fire department here before dinner."

As the Unholy Trinity teamed up in the kitchen, Jack, who surprisingly was a vision of calm in the midst of the whirlwind, settled on the couch with Rory. Elise and Patrick, now joined by Bella’s little brother Aaron, who had a superhero action figure in hand, created a symphony of laughter, giggles, and the occasional clatter of fallen toys. Máire, in her daddy’s lap, watched everything and occasionally one of the other kids would come up and give her a quick tickle which would bring a huge smile to her face followed by a laugh before she tucked herself into Malachi’s chest, being shy.

The delightful aroma of pies and turkey filled the air as the chaos of Thanksgiving continued to unfold. Laura and Nick, Bella's parents, who had arrived with Aaron, just in time to witness the organized pandemonium. The family gathered around, sharing stories, laughter, and the occasional, "Watch out for that spill!"

As the feast neared completion, Bella took a moment to glance around at the joyful mess that was her first Thanksgiving as a new mother. The love and laughter that echoed through the O'Connell household were the true ingredients that made this chaotic Thanksgiving a perfect celebration of family and gratitude. Things felt complete.

And so, amid the clamor of kids, the aroma of delicious food, and the warmth of loved ones, the O'Connell Thanksgiving unfolded in a glorious symphony of chaos and joy.

And she wouldn’t have it any other way.

The Thanksgiving chaos had settled, leaving the O'Connell household bathed in the warm glow of familial love and the contented sounds of post-feast bliss. With the kids now occupied with toys and games, and the adults savoring their after-dinner coffees, well the girls were. The men found themselves down in the basement level of their home, as Mal showed them around the area, Bella found a quiet moment to escape to the living room with Alanah, Mattie, and her mom, Laura.

They settled on the couch, each holding a cup of coffee, the rich aroma mingling with the faint scent of pumpkin pie still lingering in the air. Máire was peacefully napping in her crib, oblivious to the world outside her dreams.

"So, how's the new mom life treating you?" Alanah asked, her eyes sparkling with a mix of genuine curiosity and the shared experience of motherhood.

Bella sighed, a mixture of exhaustion and contentment evident on her face, "It's a wild ride, that's for sure. Between late-night feedings and attempting to keep up with my training schedule, I sometimes feel like I'm running on fumes."

Mattie chuckled, giving Bella a sympathetic look, "Welcome to the world of mommyhood. It's a beautiful mess, isn't it? Not that I would know but the wedding planning is exhausting."

Laura, sitting beside them, wore a knowing smile, her eyes filled with the wisdom of years spent navigating the complexities of parenthood. "You're doing an amazing job, Bella. Balancing a career, family, and your own dreams is no small feat."

Bella leaned back, a grateful smile playing on her lips, "Thanks, Mom. It's just... I want to be the best mom for Máire, the best wife for Mal, and still, pursue my passion in the ring. Sometimes, I worry I'm spreading myself too thin. ...or even came back too soon."

Alanah placed a reassuring hand on Bella's shoulder, "You know, you don't have to do it all alone. We're here for you. Your mom and I, we've been through our fair share of sleepless nights and mommy doubts. Mattie is more than willing to help out when things get crazy when she can. It's okay to lean on your friends."

Mattie nodded in agreement, "She's right. You're not alone in this, chica. We've got your back."

Laura chimed in, her voice filled with a mix of maternal pride and warmth, "And remember, it's okay not to have all the answers. Motherhood is a journey, and you're allowed to learn as you go. You're doing wonderfully."

Bella felt a surge of gratitude, her eyes misting with unshed tears, "Thank you, all of you. It means the world to me. I guess sometimes I forget it's alright to ask for help."

Alanah grinned, "That's what friends and family are for, Bells. We're in this together."

As the comforting chatter continued in the cozy living room, the atmosphere shifted slightly. Alanah, ever perceptive, sensed a hint of contemplation in Bella's eyes. With a knowing glance exchanged between her and Mattie, Alanah gently broached the subject that lingered in the air.

"Hey," Alanah began, her tone soft and understanding, "How are you feeling after the return match? I mean, it was a tough one, and we all know how much it means to you."

Bella sighed, her shoulders momentarily slumping as the weight of the recent defeat settled on her. "Yeah, it hit hard. I gave it my all, and Bobbie and I had a hell of a match. But in the end, she came out on top. I guess I'm just figuring out how to process it all. That and letting my ribs recover."

Mattie nodded in empathy, "Losing is never easy, especially when you invest so much of yourself into your craft. But you've always been resilient, Bella. It's okay to feel disappointment, but don't let it overshadow the progress you've made."

Laura, sensing her daughter's inner turmoil, offered her own perspective, "Sweetheart, success isn't measured solely in victories. It's in the journey, the growth, and the lessons learned. Every setback is an opportunity to rise stronger, to refine your skills, and to come back even more determined."

Bella looked down at her coffee cup, her thoughts swirling. "I just... I had this image in my mind, you know? Coming back, making a statement, and showing everyone that I hadn't lost a step. And now, it feels like I stumbled out of the gate."

Alanah leaned forward, her gaze unwavering, "Bella, we both know that stumbling doesn't define you. It's the getting back up that does. Bobbie got the better of you this time, but that doesn't erase everything you've already accomplished. All we know is that you can use this as fuel, as motivation to come back even stronger."

A supportive silence settled over the room, allowing Bella the space to absorb the encouragement and wisdom being shared. She took a deep breath, that familiar spark flickering back in her eyes.

"You're right. I can't let one loss dictate my journey. There's always another match, another opportunity. I just need to figure out my next move...which just so happens to be Seleana Zdunich and her ever growing hunger for Julianna’s spotlight."

Mattie grinned, "That's the spirit, Bells. We've seen you conquer challenges before, and this is no different. You've got the strength and resilience to turn this setback into a comeback."

~*~Post-Thanksgiving Workout Reflections~*~

The clang of weights and the rhythmic beat of Bella's footsteps on the treadmill created a symphony of determination in the home gym. After an intense Thanksgiving workout, she took a moment to catch her breath and gather her thoughts. And checking on a sleeping Máire who was in a swing that they kept in the area for times like these. Malachi, sensing her reflective mood, sat down beside her, handing over a towel and a bottle of water.

"You're pushing yourself hard, Bells. What's on your mind?" Malachi asked, concern evident in his eyes.

Bella wiped her face with the towel, her gaze fixed on the SCW logo on the wall. "Seleana Zdunich," she replied, the name carrying a weight of significance.

Malachi nodded, understanding the gravity of the upcoming match. "She's no pushover. What are you thinking?"

Taking a sip of water, Bella's expression turned contemplative. "Seleana is not just an opponent; she's a challenge I need to overcome. This match is my ticket to December 2 Dismember, and I can't afford to underestimate her."

Malachi leaned back, his support unwavering. "You've faced tough opponents before, Bells. What makes Seleana different?"

Bella's eyes focused, her mind delving into the intricacies of her upcoming opponent. "Seleana is relentless. She's hungry for success, and she fights with a tenacity that's hard to match. I have studied her matches over and over, her strategies. She adapts, she improvises, and she seizes every opportunity."

Malachi listened attentively, recognizing the analytical edge in Bella's voice. "So, how do you plan to face her? What's your strategy?"

A determined glint appeared in Bella's eyes. "I need to be one step ahead. Seleana is not someone you can predict easily. I'll capitalize on her strengths, anticipate her moves, and, most importantly, use my experience to outmaneuver her."

Malachi nodded approvingly, "That's the Bella I know. But remember, it's not just about the physical game. Your mental game is just as crucial."

Bella sighed, acknowledging the truth in his words. "Yeah, mentally, it's been a rollercoaster. After the last match with Bobbie, I questioned my readiness and whether or not I was too eager to get back. But this is different. Seleana is a different challenge, and I need to prove to myself that I can bounce back stronger."

Malachi placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "You're resilient, Bells. You've overcome doubts before, and you'll do it again. This match is an opportunity to redefine your path in SCW."

Bella nodded, a determined spark in her eyes. "Seleana may be a challenge, but she's also an opportunity. An opportunity to show everyone, including myself, that I'm not defined by setbacks. I'm defined by how I rise from them."

As Bella prepared to face Seleana Zdunich in the World Bombshell Qualifier match, her mind echoed with a mix of anticipation and determination. The gym, once again, became the arena where she honed not just her physical prowess but her mental fortitude—a crucial element in the upcoming battle.

The match against Seleana wasn't just about victory; it was about proving that every setback was a stepping stone to something greater. With her unwavering spirit and the lessons learned from past challenges, Bella Madison geared up for a showdown that would define her journey in SCW.