Author Topic: ~*~The Prodigal Daughter Returns~*~  (Read 1546 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
~*~The Prodigal Daughter Returns~*~
« on: November 03, 2023, 11:55:37 PM »
~*~The Prodigal Daughter Returns~*~

August 12th, 2023

Their whole world changed.

Actually it changed more so at Inception back in January when they had received the news that after almost a year of trying, that it had finally happened.

August though, Máire Nicola came into the world screaming her lungs out was immediately one of the most perfect things in the world that Bella and Malachi had ever made together.

From her crystal blue eyes, to that little little button nose that they saw the first time they had the ultrasound was almost a tiny exact match to her mom’s along with her chin and the gentle cheeks of her dad, and his dark brown hair.

She was the most beautiful thing that she had ever seen in her life and after the room had cleared out, leaving just her and Mal holding onto the one thing that was completely theirs.

At that moment, it was enough.

2 months and 2 weeks later.

So let it be known that through her pregnancy, with her lack of complications, Bella remained relatively active. She worked out on the daily, with restrictions, but considering she had come out of the hospital wearing her pre-pregnancy pants...which by the way the nurses were still amazed by that...that her ability to bounce back after bringing Máire into the world should have shocked absolutely no one.

Truth be told, it shocked Bella herself, with all the horror stories she had heard, she figured it would be until sometime around Christmas where she would finally get her full clearance. But as if the heavens were smiling, at the 6 week mark she was cleared to go back to working out and by week 8, she was back in the ring at Wolfslair working with Alicia and her mom and also working with Mal.

By the way, Máire can sleep through just about anything except silence. She does not like silence at all.

There were several nights where Máire would remain wide awake, whether cranky or just generally being as normal as an offspring of Malachi and Bella can get. They would do everything to keep her awake during the day but no luck.

Especially when Bella turned on one of her favorite hard rock stations to try and keep herself awake and Máire ended up falling asleep.

Bella couldn’t help but laugh through her exhaustion, as she placed a small blanket over her daughter’s legs to tuck her in, “I should have known.

Should have known what?” Mal said, looking exhausted himself but bringing in the groceries and stopped as he saw his baby girl sound asleep for the first time in almost 17 hours, “Ok, how did you do that?

I- I don’t know. I put her in her little bouncy seat so I could try and get some dishes done, turned on Octane to try and stay awake and the next thing I know, she’s sound asleep. She even got more fussy after you left but I put on the station and she was like ‘Ohh, I like this’ and then...” Bella motioned towards her daughter, “I don’t know if I should shower, sleep or go workout.

I think we have our answer to her sleeping at night now. Something tells me a regular white noise machine might not do the trick though.” Mal passed over some of the lighter bags, “How about we quickly get these put away, you go shower and maybe get a nap in. Working out can wait a little longer.

But-

No buts. You need your rest too, mo chroí and you’ve been up with her for the majority of the day. I have our little girl. And seeing as I’m currently on the unemployment line and you’re about to get back to work, you need to be at the top of your game.” Mal says turning her around and pushing her towards the master bedroom and bathroom, “Last thing I need is your mother in here yelling at me for not pulling my weight as a father. I will sleep later.

Bella digs her heels in and turns around and wraps her arms around his neck, “You really think I’m making the right choice?

Hey, I said the same thing and we both love it. I know SCW requires a bit more travel than where I was, but you made sure to tell everyone that it was only a matter of time.” Mal looks over towards Máire, “Our mo stóirín and I will be there cheering you the whole way.

You promise?

Promise, love. Now...SHOWER! Because you smell like that formula we’ve been having to feed her and it’s starting to curdle my nose.

Bella looks insulted and pushes him away, “Because despite her mouth which is apparently as big as her daddy’s she still manages to be a goof and stick her tongue out and it goes everywhere. Ugh, I really need to do laundry.

NO! You need to shower. I got everything else!” He says with a kiss on her lips and a swat on her backside, “Don’t come out until you get at least 2 hours.

Nap or shower?” Bella smirked. She couldn’t help herself, through her exhaustion the sass remained after all this time. And she was known to run the shower until it went cold.

Bells!” Mal barked before he cringed and looked over at Máire, who remained passed out to the world, “Ok music works.

Bella sighs in relief before she gives him one more kiss and takes her first deep shower in a week. Those kinds of showers that you let the water soak in, wash your hair multiple times, shave thoroughly and exfoliate EVERYTHING. She would mummify herself in their softest towel in her hair that had grown even more luscious while she was pregnant and bust out her fluffiest robe. She wanted to check on Mal and Máire to make sure everything was ok but when she heard no crying and the music still going, her body forced her to lay in the bed and she was out before her head even hit the pillow.

You really had to come back? Abandon that little girl all because you just couldn’t let your ego go for a little while longer? She’s going to grow up, she’s going to hate you because you just couldn’t wait.

Bella woke with a start, her hair still somewhat damp but the towel had long fallen off and it was dark outside. She looked around in a panic and realized that she had been asleep for 5 hours!

SHIT!” she said as she jumped up from the bed and ran out into the living room, the music was still going a little lower in volume than before but the entire place was darkened just enough but not too much that she was stumbling around in complete darkness. “Mal?” she would call out softly but there was no answer.

A flicker from the television in the living room caught her attention and she wandered over, quietly enough just in case and she stopped and covered her mouth and stifled a laugh and a smile as she stared lovingly at her husband and her 2.5 month old. Both asleep, soundly. Máire curled up on his chest and an empty baby bottle on the table.

For the first time since she was born, Máire slept through the night. As they all did.

Life couldn’t be more perfect.

Bella stood there in the dim light, watching the peaceful scene before her. Malachi, the strong, confident man she fell in love with, was now cradling their daughter, providing her the comfort she needed to sleep soundly. The sight tugged at Bella's heartstrings, filling her with an overwhelming sense of love and contentment.

Quietly, she tiptoed closer, careful not to disturb the serene moment. She observed Malachi's face, softened in sleep, and Máire's tiny fingers curled around his shirt, a perfect picture of familial bliss. Bella couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude for the life they had built together.

As she watched them, a wave of realization washed over her. She understood that returning to work didn't mean abandoning her daughter—it meant providing her with a future filled with love, stability, and endless opportunities. Bella's passion for her career didn't diminish her love for Máire; instead, it fueled her desire to create a better life for their family.

With a smile on her lips and a heart full of love, Bella leaned down and gently kissed Máire's forehead. Then, she placed a tender kiss on Malachi's cheek, whispering words of love and gratitude to both of them. In that moment, surrounded by the quietude of their home, Bella felt a profound sense of belonging and purpose.

She retreated to the bedroom, careful not to wake them, and picked up her phone. With a newfound sense of confidence, she sent out a text to a few different people, expressing her gratitude for the support they had given her during this transition and confirming her return to work.

Feeling a renewed sense of determination, Bella knew that the challenges of balancing work and motherhood would be daunting, but she was ready to face them head-on. As she settled back into bed, she marveled at the strength of her family and the love that bound them together.

In the darkness of their bedroom, Bella closed her eyes, her heart brimming with love for her husband and daughter. With a contented sigh, she drifted off to sleep, knowing that whatever challenges the future held, they would face them together, as a family, united by love and unwavering support.

~*~A Dual Duel~*~

The sun began to dip below the horizon, casting a warm golden glow across the cityscape of New York. Bella found herself drawn to the rooftop of her home, a quiet oasis amidst the bustling energy of the city below. She climbed the stairs, the familiar hum of the city gradually giving way to a gentle breeze and the distant sounds of the urban nightlife.

Perched on the edge of the roof, Bella felt the coolness of the concrete beneath her, a stark contrast to the warmth of the fading sunlight on her skin. The city stretched out before her, a tapestry of twinkling lights and towering skyscrapers. The distant honking of car horns and the muffled chatter of pedestrians reached her ears, creating a soothing backdrop to her thoughts.

I’m sure there are more than a few people out there that are wondering if I’m rushing this return. Hell, even I myself have my trepidations about it,” Bella's voice carried across the rooftop, laced with determination and sincerity, echoing against the backdrop of the city lights.

She wrapped her arms around her knees, pulling them close to her chest, and gazed out at the city below. “I spent so much time since Máire's birth, trying to even map out what I even wanted to say upon my return but here I am, in front of everyone and I am at a loss for words.

In the dimming light, Bella's silhouette appeared strong and confident against the cityscape. The words she spoke resonated with sincerity, painting a picture of a woman who had come through a profound life change and emerged stronger, more focused than ever before.

When you go through something as life-changing as bringing life into this world, sometimes all you can do is focus day to day, but I couldn’t help myself. Máire is almost 3 months old already and it’s not like I’m going to miss anything. I just needed to get back to work.

As she concluded her speech, there was a moment of silence, as if the city itself was holding its breath in anticipation of what would come next. Then, a soft breeze rustled through the air, carrying Bella's words away into the night, leaving behind a sense of anticipation and determination.

And this time, it’s a little different. My own mother is going to be sticking around, she’s going to help guide me and give me an extra set of eyes. But I told her to hold off this week because I needed to get my own words out to the very woman I am facing in my return. Which shockingly she’s making her own return as well and well...nothing says clean slate than two returning Bombshells who are starting back at the bottom and bound and determined to work their way up.

The city below seemed to hold its breath, as if it, too, was listening to the powerful words being uttered high above its streets. Bella's honesty was palpable, her resolve unwavering as she addressed her opponent with a mix of respect and determination.

Bobbie Dahl, we have found ourselves in a situation where neither of us have been around for quite some time. All of any kind of history that we had before this year has long been water under the bridge and quite frankly I rather we never visited that ever again. Instead, we get to set the pace of what the next chapter in our careers brings. You as a newly wedded woman, which congrats to you by the way, and myself as a mom and trying to balance this new insanity with one single goal in mind. And that is to finally capture my first singles gold in SCW.

In the quiet of the rooftop, Bella's words hung in the air, her gaze unwavering, reflecting the strength of her conviction. The city skyline shimmered with anticipation, mirroring the energy of the moment.

I have said it time and time again, I am not above working my ass off for even a sniff at a title, but I know that I have a long way to go. I’m almost certain we’re both the same way. And we’re both going into this match knowing that the other wants to show that we didn’t skip a beat.

With a determined glint in her eyes, Bella leaned back, resting her palms on the rooftop behind her. The gentle breeze tousled her hair, and she closed her eyes, allowing the tranquility of the moment to wash over her. In this serene rooftop sanctuary, high above the bustling streets of New York, Bella found solace and peace.

You, my dear, you are quite the phenomenon, and I’m not about to start out on the usual jabs. We’re above that. But I want you to bring your absolute BEST, and rest assured that I am going to show you that I have done a whole lot of growing up.

She took a deep breath, her eyes glinting with determination, and whispered to the night, "May the best woman win, indeed."