Author Topic: We're Gonna Get Some Contracts...  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Kandy Kaine

• View Profile
    • Kandy Kaine
We're Gonna Get Some Contracts...
« on: October 10, 2023, 07:35:48 PM »
After Climax Control 375

We see a young woman skipping along outside of the Lawlor Events Center in Reno, Nevada. Following close by is a young man, and a blonde woman. The young man is holding hands with the girl that is skipping, and the blonde woman has her hand against her forehead, clearly exasperated by the situation. The skipping woman sings a song of her own.

”I’m gonna see some wressssssling… I’m gonna see some wresssssssling… I’m gonna…”

The blonde woman scoffs and looks down at her watch. The lights in the arena are still on, but it is practically empty. SCW stars are seen driving off as Kandy approaches the gates.

”And there’s no line! It must be my lucky day…”

The man nods his head with a smile on his face. As we pan over to the woman with the black and purple hair, we see that it is former SCU Bombshell, Kandy Kaine. She taps in the direction of the cameraman and squeals.

Kandy: What am I talking about? Every day is my lucky day. But this has got to be extra lucky because I get to talk to Mark Ward and Christian Underwood about signing a contract to wrestle. And so do you, Matty!

Matty chuckles at the thought.

Matty:  You’re making me nervous, but in a positive way! I feel like I can do anything!

They look at one another with smirks as they begin singing together.

”AAAAANYthing you can do, I can also do! I can also do anything like you!”

Matty:  Yes you can!!

Kandy: Yes I can!

Matty:  Yes I can!!

Kandy: Yes you can!

”Yes you can, yes you can, YES YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAN!”

Kandy squeals again, this time causing the cameraman to sigh. As Kandy and Matty speak indistinctly, encouraging one another in their own ways, the cameraman gets the full view of Kandy’s longtime best friend and manager, Tessa Flannigan.

”Are you going to tell them, or should I?”

Tessa shakes her head from side to side, her hair blowing in the breeze. She leans in and whispers to the cameraman.

Tessa: Ye act as if I haven’t tried a hundred times already, luv. But, they’ll only learn on their own.

After Kandy and Matty poke one another a couple of times, a tickle fight ensues. The cameraman clears his throat, and Kandy straightens up.

Kandy: Oh yeah! Priorities and stuff. Hellllloooooo SCW folks, you beautiful people. It is I, Kandice with a Kandy Kaine with a Kaine, your former Sugar Rush, THE Princess of Positivity, and I am so so soooooo excited to be here on the 375th episode of Climax Control! 375 episodes is ah-mayyyyyy-zing! WOOOOOOOOOOO! Go Mark and Christian! And to be able to be a part of this is… is…

Matty nearly spazzes out as he tries to contain it, but he can’t.

Matty:  Freaking amazeballs? Uber fantastical?? The most delicious of awesome sauces???

Kandy: Oh, like all of that and every other amazing thing under the sun, sha? But I’m supposed to be talking about predictions for the night, or something like that, so um… Oh! Eddie Lyons is gonna show why he’s unbreakable when he defeats Braddock in the opening match.

Cameraman: Impressive…

Matty: Oh! And Peter Vaughn is going to put on a great match with Tyler McCulligan, but ultimately Vaugn for the win. Gangnam Style!

Kandy gasps and nods her head along with Matty before they both bust out the dance like it was 2012 all over again. Kandy acts like she’s tossing a hat off of her head and then stops the dance.

Kandy: Good guess! You’re so smart, and it’s almost like you’re psychic or something.

Matty: I learn from the best. You taught me a lot about SCW. You’re like their biggest fan or something.

Kandy: I wouldn’t say their biggest fan. I just know some things, and I wrestled for their second brand for a while, and I watch their shows because Vegas is so much like Atlantic City, only like times a hundred. I’m a little into it, but there’s plenty of people that know more about it than me.

Matty shrugs his shoulders.

Matty: Well, you taught me a lot. And I’m excited to talk to the big bosses about a contract. I’d even guess that the Mixed Tag Team Champions, Oliver Zahn and Eiley, are going to prove why they’re the champs on the Barnharts. But the Barnharts aren’t going to be taking it easy on them, no siree!

Cameraman: Are you sure they didn’t watch the…?

Tessa: Wouldn’t be here right now if they had, I’ll tell ya that much.

Kandy: The cameraman doesn’t have all day. OMG I’m so sorry. Should we skip to the main event?

Kandy taps at her chin, waiting for an answer. There is a pause as the cameraman sees that she’s serious.

Cameraman: Not if you’re going to say that Luna Vanity won the Internet Championship…

Kandy hums to herself.

Kandy: I was going to say Krystal Wolfe, because we were like SCU besties… Or something like it. We both didn’t like the way GRIME was running all over the place injuring people. That sort of thing has a way of bonding people, y’know?

Cameraman:  Look, we can’t go inside of the arena because the show is actually over.

Matty: Hmmm come again?

Cameraman:  Yeah, the show ended like half an hour ago.

Kandy: Say whuhhhhhh?

Kandy looks down at her watch to check the time. She laughs and points at the cameraman.

Kandy: Ohhhh, you nearly got me. But the show starts in 30 minutes. I’m just wondering where the crowd is.

Cameraman:  They went home.

Matty: Do you think we forgot to change the time on our friendship watches again? I thought a little birdie was saying something about that.

The cameraman looks back to Tessa.

Tessa: Yes, it’s me. I’m the little birdie who said something many times. But, to be fair, they was in the middle of a thumb war that went on for two hours.

Cameraman:  Why am I not surprised?

Tessa chuckles and pats Kandy on the shoulder.

Tessa: It’s been quite some time since ya’v seen her, but I see her almost every day. But, I wouldn’t have her any other way, luv.

She gives a genuine shoulder rub as she looks over at Kandy.

Tessa: Luckily, I talked to Mark at the halftime show of the thumb war series, and he was kind enough to offer a meet up for drinks after the show, with possible contracts drawn up. So, if you both wanna get signed, I’d suggest ya come with me.

Matty: Connnntractssssss!

Kandy: Oh boy! Let’s get ‘em!!!

”We’re gonna get some contracts! We’re gonna get some contracts! We’re gonna get some contracts!

Cameraman:  The fans are really going to love this. Maybe their first piece of merch could be rainbow vomit bags.

Tessa taps her chin.

Tessa: Not a bad idear. Now that’s the power of positivity...

And with that, Tessa walks off after the skipping duo, putting a bit of a spring in her step as they head back to the car. As they get inside, the camera fades out.