Author Topic: Not to be messed with  (Read 3464 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Not to be messed with
« on: October 07, 2023, 12:00:08 AM »
Keep Messin’ With Me
Las Vegas

For all the benefits that living in the Turnberry Towers had there was one thing that Miles had rather wished he could have gotten out of the minute he signed on the line for his lease.

The Tenants Association.

It was a way for those that live in the towers to get together, unleash any concerns and occasionally put a few trouble makers in their place.

Since Miles had moved in just two floors below Kristjan and Aron Baltasarsson back in January of this year, he has had one major issue with the whole damn place. And her name just happens to be Karen Chapman.

Ms....yes MS. Chapman with her three children, her over processed blonde hair, looking like she got ganged-banged by Mary Kay and Avon reps that has absolutely nothing better to do than force her kids into shit they didn’t wanna do, and devote her entire existence into making the residents of the towers a living hell when her husband wasn’t around to wish that he could afford a divorce.

Trust me, the man is miserable.

When it came to the matters of Karen, she did nothing but look down her nose at pretty much everyone that did not immediately kiss her ass. Miles first meeting with this woman was when he was having a conversation with another tenant of the towers about how this was really the first place he had bought, and just how all the hard work had paid off. It was something that he was honestly allowed to be proud of because before that moment, all he did was rent or take up space in his friends' places.

Karen would just insert herself into a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with her and was incredibly RUDE about it. It’s one thing to insult Miles. He can take it and he’s used to it but then she started to go after Carter for just calling her out on her “guest” for taking their assigned spots, at that point there was zero love lost for this woman.

Apparently during the last tour, where Miles and Carter were in a completely different timezone,  there was a meeting where she decided to try and get pets banned from the building. Of course they would leave it to the majority vote and since the majority wasn’t there, she was forced to gather signatures.

Which leads us to the current time.

It WAS a quiet afternoon. Was being that word when the Ring doorbell went off.

“Were we expecting anyone?” Miles asked. Over the last couple of weeks, between the condo in the midst of planning for a remodel and all the insanity going on with Carter’s family, he wasn’t sure anymore.

Carter stopped to think for a second, “Not that I’m aware of.”

With Ms. Thang on his shoulder, Miles stopped to check the screen, he just groaned, “I didn’t have ‘Be nice to a bitch’ in my cards today.”

“Karen? What does she want?”

“Who the hell knows.” Miles grumbled, “I’m really not in the mood to talk to her of all people.”

Just then the buzz came again followed by her fist not knocking but POUNDING at their door.

“I CAN HEAR YOU IN THERE, MR. KASEY!”

Miles looked at Carter who continued to flip through one of his many magazines that have seemingly taken over the living room area as of late, “Don’t look at me. I dealt with her the last time she got pissy about the note I left her.”

Miles simply let out a short breath mumbling “shit” under his breath before he debated about just letting it go for a moment but it was like a Howler from Harry Potter...the longer you let it go, the worse it only gets.

He would indeed open the door and plaster on the fakest smile he could with her and she almost cringed when she saw him with Ms. Thang still hanging out on his broad shoulders, “Ms. Chapman, I really can’t talk. We’re in the middle of some-”

“Whatever it is, Mr. Kasey, your ...roommate can spare you for just a few moments. I am here to inform you that there is a petition going around to amend some rules in the towers. One of them is about well...that thing on your shoulders.”

“What? Ms. Thang?”

“All pets actually. There was a complaint made recently about all things 4 legged and there being NO concern about those with allergies or medical conditions to these filthy-”

Ms. Thang quickly hisses at her before jumping off of Miles shoulders and runs back into the apartment, “Well I think I agree with her. Karen, if you even think about shoving that paper in my face, I’m going to show you how the first version of confetti was made. Secondly, I heard about your confrontation with Carter and you have a whole lot of guts showing up at my door after that.”

“He is being allowed to stay here and has no right to-”

“No ma’am. He is LIVING here, this is OUR home and we are given two spots each. But I will not be signing your little petition to anything, no matter your reasoning. BUT I will tell you that if you want, you can go two floors up and ask them. You might have better luck.”

“Who do you think you are?”

“Someone that won’t be shoved around or intimidated by your supposed power. That and if you had been a little kinder to myself and my boyfriend, maybe I would be kind enough to give you the time of day. But Karen, you screwed the pooch on that one about 7 months ago and on.” Miles smirks, “I do wish you luck on that but umm...yeah, no thanks.”

“You do not want to make me the enemy, Mr. Kasey.”

“And you are not the first person to threaten that, Ms. Chapman. So climb back up Mount Crumpit until your shriveled heart grows three sizes, but give my best to your hubby.”

And all Miles does is wink at her as she goes to scream at him and he slams the door in her face. He can hear Carter just lose it from the living room, “You do realize that you sent her to Fenris and probably made things 10 times worse, right?”

That just brings a shrug to his shoulders, “Hey, she started it.” he said as he took a seat next to him, “Now, where were we?”

Round 2

“Not that long ago, Calvin took to twitter and made mention about how I pulled out all these stops in the King for a Day match. And part of me honestly thinks that he was majorly impressed and perhaps a little intimidated by the absolute lengths that I will go to towards making an absolute statement that I wasn’t about to be pushed around.”

“And I think that’s where he caught himself up last time. He pushed himself so hard that he hurt himself before we even got to the match and he found out real quick that I wasn’t about to take pity on that.”

“So it took the most devastating move in all of professional wrestling for him to end it after we took each other to the absolute limit. And since then, it’s been relatively quiet. Our Internet Champion, who laid out that challenge was suddenly caught up in what he had to do to beat me that he went right to Mark and Christian, demanded that the second bout be for his championship because he perhaps is thinking that incentive is going to make things even better.”

“Well, he would be right.”

“Not gonna go into the details of the situation because I am allowed my secrets but I’ve been having conversations lately because suddenly I feel that glass ceiling cracking ever so slightly. I KNOW that I can get to that next level and it’s just a matter of time before all those pieces finally come together.”

“Calvin, no offense mate, but when you laid this challenge out I was hell bent on making sure that this was going to be my crowning achievement in 2023. Last year was the Roulette. Now you wave that shiny piece of gold in front of my face like bait, and not only am I going to bite but I’m going to drag you down when I do.”

“Not a damn thing personal about it, bruv. It is strictly business. And at least look at it this way...at least I like you. I don’t think you’d want me on my bad side.”

“I’ll show you what I can do...when I’m pushed hard enough. And that’s take that Internet Title from you”