Author Topic: OLIVER ZAHN/EILEY (c) v BEN JORDAN/SAM MARLOWE - MIXED TAG CHAMPIONSHIP  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
Re: OLIVER ZAHN/EILEY (c) v BEN JORDAN/SAM MARLOWE - MIXED TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 09:10:34 PM »
The camera fades in to Ben Jordan sitting in a brown leather chair with a sombrero on his head and wearing a bright green shirt. He smiles down the camera.

"Hola amigos..." he starts "And alright people!"

He winks down the camera.

"Hope all you lovely people are doing well on this fine day." he says with a smile. "I'm Ben Jordan and here I am knocking around in the lovely country of Mexico as we look forward to Sunday's Violent Conduct IX and it's gonna be an absolute cracker of a night. The whole card looks proper decent. All over the place, proper wicked card and of course, yours truly is on it."

He fires a thumbs up towards the camera.

"I get a shot at gold and it's gonna be pretty sweet people." He says calmly. "But you know how these things work from time to time. I sit here and give you an introduction and then show ya what I've been up to all week and Mexico has always been a blast, I used to come here all the time with..."

He trails off, looking away from the camera for a few seconds before coming back to make eye contact with it.

"Well, I used to come here all the time." He says recovering quickly. "And I love this place but it's been the first time I've been here in a while without a band of gold on my finger so as you can imagine, a bloke in Mexico with not a lot holding him back, could have a very bonkers time around here and this week has been just that."

He closes his eyes and shakes his head.

"Absolutely bonkers." Ben says again. "I didn't have to do the media stuff as such, like interviews and what not, I am what SCW calls a boots on the ground bloke. That pretty much means I go out there and meet proper people in the cities and towns we're in and talk them in to parting with their hard earned wonga and picking up the last few tickets or signing up to the SCW Network to give us all a butchers and we thank you all for that. That's pretty much my job so that's exactly what I did. I got me bum ready and I went for a wander around the place and met a bunch of lovely people, who I spoke to and got them either buying tickets or the show, proper salesman over here, but good people wasn't the only things I met."

Ben grins widely before continuing.

"I met meself a new four legged friend that can party like an erm..." He delays for just a second. "Like an animal."

Ben scratches the side of his cheek.

"Kinda helps if you are an animal but still." He says with a shrug. "So yeah, Mexico has been a whole lot of fun this week, but I know what part you wanna see. I mean I mentioned it so I'm guessing you very much wanna see what I'm prattling on about when I'm talking about a new four legged friend, right?"

Ben cups his ears with both hands.

"I'm gonna take a punt and guess you said right to that." He said with a little smile. "So lets show you just what happened when the Cockney King met Guti!"

Ben waves his finger around in a circle.

"Roll that stuff please mate." He says with a thumbs up.....

"Ben?" The southern toned voice of Sam Marlowe could be heard saying. "Ben, wake up."

Ben blinks his eyes but quickly shuts them as the sunlight hits his pupils.

"I know you're awake." Sam says impatiently "So open those eyes."

Ben takes a few seconds and attempts to open his eyes again, but quickly shuts them

"Nope." he says bluntly. "Not doing it, too bright, someone turn the sun off please."

A few seconds of silence passes before a splash of water hitting Ben's skin could be heard, causing the Englishman to sit up straight.

"I'm up, I'm up..." He gruffly says. "I'm.... huh?"

He looks around, trying to figure out his surroundings, and focuses his eyes on a swimming pool next to him.

"I'm confused." He says slowly.

He looks down at his body, seeing himself in white shorts and a pale blue buttoned up, short sleeve shirt. Next to him sit a sombrero.

"Result!" He says happily.

He reaches for the Mexican hat and picks it up, putting it on his head and smiles as he blocks out the sun from hitting him in the eyes. He looks around to see himself poolside in his private rented villa that he had been staying in for a few days.

"Boy, you have a lot of questions to answer." Sam says with a chuckle. "But we'll start with an obvious one."

"Is the answer seven?" Ben says sleepily.

"No." Sam quickly replies. "Who is that?"

Her arm points beyond Ben and towards someone or something in the distance. Ben turns his head to see a goat aimlessly wandering around.

"That's erm..." he starts to mumble. "That's erm Goat."

"His name is Goat?" Sam says confused.

"Actually his name is Guti Olmo Alonso Torres." Ben says rubbing the side of his head. "His initials spell goat, so I called him Goat."

Ben puts his finger up.

"Just a sec Ginge." He says to Sam.

Ben looks directly down the camera, away from Sam for a second.

"Now I did something very clever with that name, and most of you won't pick up on it." He says with a cheeky smile. "But if you do, I will buy you a pint and a bag of pork scratchings. Anyway, back to the story."

Ben looks towards Goat and gives him a thumbs up before looking back at Sam.

"And why is Goat the goat here?" Sam asks. "How did you end up with a goat walking around here, hmm?"

Ben looks at Sam with a tilted head and taps himself on the chin.

"So I was at this posh thing last night." Ben starts "And I was being my pleasant charming self and they had this goat as a pet, called Goat. I was standing there and all of a sudden, Goat started choking on a peanut, so I jumped in and saved his life."

Sam rolls her eyes at Ben before raising her eyebrow at him.

"Right..." She says slowly. "Now what really happened?"

"Funny story actually." Ben says with a slight smile.

Que the harp music and a flashback to the night before. Ben, as mentioned, was a boots on the ground wrestler for SCW when it came to drawing in a crowd and being in Mexico was no different. A lively busy street came in to focus and Ben walked down, drawing the glances from people who recognized him. It only took a few seconds before camera phones were pointed in Ben's direction and Ben stopped to pose for a few fans.

"Hola." He says with a grin as camera flashes went off around him. "Hope ya all good!"

He stands still for a few seconds, waiting for the phones to be returned to their pockets before he gave them a final wave before moving on. He heard loud music coming from the other side of the street and quickly looked towards it.

"That place looks alright." He utters to himself. "Seems pretty touristy, might be a few here on holiday that I can rabbit in to coming to the show."

He looks both ways before crossing the narrow road, leading to the other side and moves a little closer to the source of the music, passing through people before finally catching the neon sign of a bar.

"Looks nice." He muttered to himself.

He took a few steps closer but a chalkboard caught his eye, causing him to smile widely as he read the sign out loud.

"Meet GOAT, the shot drinking goat!" He says to himself, unable to stop himself from smiling at the thought. "Only in Mexico!"

The sign was enough to convince him to go in and Ben walked towards the door of the bar, peering inside for a few seconds before walking through the door. He looks around at the busy dance floor area, watching people shake to the music and get their groove on before turning his attention to the bar. He shuffled over to the bar and looks at the barman.

"Where's the goat?" Ben says excitedly. "The shot drinking goat?"

The barman looks at Ben and nods his head to the other end of the bar where he does indeed see a goat.

"You buy the drinks, Guti will drink them." The barman says with a heavy accent.

"Mate, if he can drink them, I'll have a shot competition with him." Ben says with a smile "and I'll buy them all night."

The barman nods and takes a bottle from the back shelve and nods his head for Ben to follow him down the bar. Ben walks down the bar and the barman clicks his fingers towards the goat, who quickly looks at him and moves towards a bar stool and jumps up on it.

"Gotta be a mountain goat." Ben says to himself with a smile.

He watches the barman pour out two shots in two glasses and place one in front of Ben and one in front of the goat. Ben picks up his glass and lifts it to his lips and the goat reaches his head down and somehow grips the glass. With a quick jerking moment, the goat whips his head back and drinks the shot and Ben follows suit. The goat drops the glass back on the bar and Ben grins widely.

"Other then watching Fenris fall off an elephant, that could be the greatest thing I think I've ever seen!" He says holding in a laugh.

Ben looks at the goat and then the barman.

"Keep 'em coming mate." Ben says pointing to the glasses in front of the goat and himself and watches the barman do as he's told.

AN HOUR LATER.

A clearly drunk Ben sits next to the goat at the bar with his arm around Guti the goat. Ben waves his finger.

"I'm telling ya my old mucker." Ben says. "Some things in life ain't worth the hassle, like some women, like I was married and stuff and it didn't work out, you get me goat.... Hahaha, get me goat! But yeah, was it worth it? Yeah, but like the way I see it, I was so angry when it all went Pete Tong and mad, you understand what I am saying?"

Guti the goat nods his head at Ben as if he can understand every word Ben says.... Or maybe it's just the way Ben is recalling it...

"And like being angry wasn't worth the hassle." Ben tells Guti with slurred words. "So one day, I got up, cause I was staying in a motel or something, or maybe I was on a beach, I dunno, I can't remember and I said Benjamin! It's time to stop being angry so you know what I did?"

Guti makes a noise towards Ben.

"That's right!" Ben replies. "I went and found a pizza place and I got a pizza and wasn't angry, no pineapple on it though. Hey! Do goats like pineapple on pizza."

Guti looks at Ben with what can be considered an angry look on his face and shakes his head.

"But you guys eat tin cans, right?" Ben asks.

Guti this time nods his head up and down.

"What about tin cans on pizza?" Ben asks tapping his chin in thought.

Guti the goat this time shakes his head at Ben and makes another noise towards him.

"You're probably right." Ben says with a slow nod. "Tin and cheese probably don't mix too well."

Ben looks at the barman.

"More shots for me and my buddy here!" Ben says as he points to the goat.

The barman rolls his eyes but pours anyway.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MACARENA!" Ben's voice can be heard shouting as the screen switches.

The middle of the dance floor can be seen and Ben is smack dab in the middle of it, with a sombrero on his head, drunkenly dancing around and Guti the goat stumbles around him in a circle.

"I am more of a dance machine then those dance machine thingys, what are the called again?" Ben questions himself. "Oh yeah! Dance machines!"

Ben continues to dance as he shouts down at the goat shaking his head.

"You know what we need me old goat friend?" Ben asks as he looks down. "We need shots, shots, shot, oh yeah, shots, shots, shots, and chocolate!"

Guti nods in agreement...

ANOTHER THIRTY MINUTES PASS.

Ben and Guti stumble out of the bar, both their faces covered in chocolate and start to wander down the street.

"Where did you get that chocolate from?" Ben asks. "Cause you the man goat! Or goat man.... New superhero name. Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh GOATMAN!"

Guti nods in agreement and the two wobble down the road.

"Hey, are you any good at playing cards?" Ben asks him. "Cause I got cards!"

TWENTY MINUTES LATER.

Ben and Guti sit at opposite sides of a table, Ben holding five cards in his hand and looking at the goat across the table from him with an intense look on his face with a pile of money between the two.

"I got you this time Goaty McGoaty!" Ben says as he adds more money to the pot.

Ben flips the cards over to show four kings.

"Have that goaty!" Ben says proudly as he reaches for the money but Guti hits the table and flips over his cards, showing four aces. Ben looks down in disbelief.

"Oh bloody hell!" Ben says with disappoint in his voice. "I can't believe you beat me again!"

Back to the present, Sam looks at Ben in disbelief.

"So you met a shot drinking goat, got wasted, danced with him, and lost money playing cards?" Sam says shaking her head.

"And got chocolate..." Ben adds.

"And got chocolate" Sam quickly repeats. "Then fell asleep here?"

"Well, that's the long and the short of it yes." Ben tells her. "Bigger mystery is who gave me this sombrero."

Sam slowly shakes her head at Ben.

"If it was any other person, I wouldn't believe a single word of it." Sam says seriously. "I would think it's some chubby guy sitting in bed writing a story about a character he made up."

Ben puts his finger up to Sam, turns and looks directly in to the camera and winks. He looks back to Sam.

"Forth wall breaking again, huh?" She says with a smile.

"It has to be done sometimes." Ben replies with a wink. "On with the not so forth wall stuff."

"Because it's you, I believe it happened." She tells him.

"I've had worse nights." Ben replies.

"Anyway." Sam says to Ben. "Time to shake yourself out of your stupor, so we can go and do something today."

Ben stands up slowly and shakes his head at Sam.

"I need to sober up a bit first." Ben tells her.

A wicked look appears on her face.

"I got a cure to sober people up quickly." She tells him. "I'm been reading about it on the internet, I don't know if it works, but you can try it if you want."

"Sounds like a plan..." Ben says to her with a smile.

Sam looks directly in to the camera and winks before nudging an unsuspecting Ben right in to the pool. Ben lands hard causing a huge splash.

"Damn it Ginge!" Ben yells out as he wipes his hair out of his eyes.

"Well, did it work?" Sam asks him with a cheeky smile.

Ben opens his mouth to yell, but he shrugs his shoulder and nods.

"I think it did." He says surprised. "Cheers Ginge."

"Anytime!" Sam says with a laugh.

The camera goes back to Ben in the pool.

"Alright. Let's send this back to Ben sitting in a chair, probably wearing that sombrero, ready to cut a promo." He says. "Back to you Ben!"

The camera fades back in to Ben sitting in the chair, sombrero still on his head as he smiles down the camera.

"Thanks Ben!" He says with a wide smile. "Love Mexico, but obviously, there's a reason that's brought me south of the border down Mexico way and that's obviously that big old mixed tag team championship match."

Ben smiles down the camera.

"Not gonna lie to you people, I've been looking proper forward to this one for a while." He said seriously. "It's a big match against two top people and a chance for me to win something I've never won before. I've won every other title, I've been at the top of the mountain and I've had some low times, but you get to a point in life where you want to be remembered and I want to be remembered as the bloke who has won it all, has done it all. I mean we only get once shot at life and lately, I've seen that anything can end out of nowhere. You might not know it but you could be smiling at people for the last time, so we need to sit here and leave your mark on this world, leave something behind that you're gonna be remembered for."

He looks thoughtfully down the camera.

"And I could be remembered for a few things." He says humbly. "The charity work, the whole Saint Ben thing but when it comes to this business that we choose to be in, it's about making a professional memory that will last a life time and for me, I want it to be the guy who held every championship in SCW and I only have one to go, those mixed tag team championships."

Ben waits for a few seconds before continuing.

"It's actually gonna be one of my toughest challenges yet." He says with a tone of honesty in his voice. "I know you can sit there and say that me and Sammi are more experienced, more ready to knock a couple of young 'uns off their perch but actually, you might be a little surprised by how tough this challenge is. I'm not gonna sit here and look down on anyone at all here because we were all young once in this business and a lot that went on to be at the top, shocked a lot of people early in their careers and these two we're up against at Violent Conduct IX has everything a person needs to succeed as a wrestler, and I do mean everything at all. I'd put a lot of cash on the fact that these two are World champions waiting to happen, I would put my house on it, if I actually owned one these days, that those two would go on and be leading solo divisions at some point because they do have it all, so I wouldn't write them off just yet."

Ben runs his hand across the brim of his sombrero.

"Eiley is made for the top level and I would bank on the fact she's gonna get there someday." He says with a slow, intentional nod. "She's made for it but if she's learned anything from her world class trainers, they would have told her the importance of keeping a lower level belt first, using that to get used to those solo situations and to do it along side a partner right now, well I know the woman is gonna scratch and claw her way to trying to keep those titles as long as she possibly can. Thing is though, she's up against one hell of an opponent in Sammi and Sammi's been in the ring with her, she knows what's she needs to do to get hold of that win and Eiley, she's gonna do it."

Ben pauses for a second before continuing.

"I know I didn't have to talk about Eiley but I wanted to give a little credit where it's due." Ben says with another slight nod. "I need to talk about Oliver Zahn."

Ben rubs his chin before continuing.

"I've been in the ring with Oliver and the geezer is no joke." Ben says in complimentary fashion. "Absolutely no joke. Fella is proper talented and like Eiley, will find his way to the top of Sin City Wrestling at some point. He's going places and I feel bad that I need to end that championship run of his so soon because he's killing it, but I have a slight issue here. Like I said, I want to be a champion again to have me remembered by people when they come to thinking about pro wrestling, but it goes a little bit beyond that. Lately, a lot has happened to me, more then a few kicks in the gooleys, but the one thing that has stuck with me is the cravings to hold gold again. It's actually been haunting me for a long time. I haven't held a championship in forever, it feels like an eternity and it caused me to have my doubts about me and my future. I got to thinking is Ben Jordan good enough, is Ben Jordan ready to retire now? Should I have just retired a couple of years back when I was being told that I was too old, that I should be finished and I won't lie, it proper got to me."

Ben's faces turns to one of silent reflection for a few moments.

"Was I over the hill." He asked rhetorically. "But that craving for gold, it was there and it dragged me through those self doubts. Now I've never been one of those people who showed up, asking for a title shot, losing, then asking for a different title shot, it's never been me at all, I had to earn it, earn something. Then I lost my way a bit, a divorce happened, houses got sold, life came at me hard and I still had those urges. Then I got a chance to earn something and yeah, fluffed that one right up by not even getting a chance to wrestle for those belts in an epic match. I never got the chance because I messed up but I got redemption, I got a chance against none other then The Barnharts to get in there and Sammi and me, we earned that win. All though those darker times, the urge never fades, it was like losing the qualifier and beating The Barnharts was destiny to make this come back stronger then it was before, and you know what else is destiny? Those championships leaving with me and Sammi."

He points to his waist.

"Have you ever had that moment where you can feel something getting closer and closer? Like it's just around the corner and it's about to happen real soon?" Ben asks. "Because I get that feeling every single time I think about this match. I get that feeling every time I sit and think about those championship belts. I get that feeling right now just talking about it and it gets me excited because I know that feeling is gonna come true. I know its right around the corner and that on Sunday night, those championships are going to have new owners."

He points to himself.

"This is not a slight on you Oliver." Ben confirms. "Because I wasn't messing around when I said that you will be top champions at some point. I will not be one of those blokes who sit here and tell you that you're not good enough, I'm not even gonna go with what most would and say that experience is gonna win through and all those other tired lines. I genuinely learned a lot about you in our match and I know there's something special about you, so I'm not knocking you or your skills in any way, but this match goes higher then wrestling to me. I need this Oliver, I need to get a bit of luck because this year so far has been absolutely rubbish for me from a personal stand point and I ain't having 2023 as the worst year of my life and I can change that in an instant by getting hold of championship gold and that's exactly what I need to do. You should see this as a chance for yourself to move on up in the ranks. I know you can hold these belts and a single belt too, but this is your chance to focus on single glory, concentrate on making it on your own."

Ben pauses for a second.

"And I believe that you could actually make it on your own." Ben says honestly. "I really think you could so don't see losing those belts on Sunday as a knocking you on your aris thing, think of it as a little bump that knocks ya closer to where you should be."

Ben waves his finger.

"Think of it as everyone getting what they want." Ben says thoughtfully. "Me and Sammi capture the belts, you and Eiley get to step up and go against top single people and everyone's a winner. It's gonna happen one way or the other Oliver, so you might as well make lemonade out of these lemons. I just don't want you disheartened by it all mate because you have a lot of wrestling still in ya and you've been decent champions but everything in live moves on as I constantly keep being reminded and this is all our chances to move on. You were the right team to win those belts mate but now it's time for you to move on because this is my time, this is Sammi's time, this is the start of where me and Sammi start record breaking runs with the belts. This is what is gonna put me in people's minds come the end of my career. I've held the others for a long time, won a ton of awards but yeah, I want this one too just because I want that cherry on the top of my career, and who doesn't like cherries?"

He smiles.

"I don't know how much longer this career of mine is gonna last." Ben says honestly. "I might wake up one day and say sod it, I got enough to live on for the rest of my life. I could buy a house where ever I want and be Ben Jordan, the guy who is just a normal guy and not be Ben Jordan The Cockney King, the wrestler, but I'm not gonna wake up with that thought in my nut until I take those titles from ya. The urge for the gold is too strong for me right now and I can't let down the people who have supported me for years, I can't let down my family and I can't let down my friends and most importantly, I can't let myself down."

A sullen look passes across Ben's face.

"And believe me mate, I've let myself down so much lately, I'm sick of it." He admits. "I've let myself down over and over and over again because something comes up and I lose focus, but not anymore. This is where I stop letting myself down, Violent Conduct is where I stop letting myself down and start picking myself up and there's no better way to do that then becoming the top dog of a division once again and that is something I will be doing."

He nods and smiles.

"It's something I have wanted for a long time, but the motivation to bounce back has been a tough one, but that's all gone people, the toughness has gone and the motivation is back!" He says confidently. "I can't see any other outcome for Sunday because this cockney bloke has got his fire back and he is gonna walk out with his bestie and be a champion once more. There's nothing that's gonna stop me from doing just that, because the stars are lining up, the confidence is flowing and there's not a person on that show more motivated then I am to go out there, wrestle my heart out and win, then I am."

He leans back in the chair and looks down the camera.

"It's gonna be a bonkers match, don't get me wrong, but this is something I need to win." Ben says firmly. "And Eiley, Oliver, me and Sammi are coming in to do just that. I can't wait to have a butchers at how your careers go on from here, but on Sunday, you'll be looking at brand spanking new Mixed Tag Team champions!"

Ben tilts the sombrero back a little.

"Right you lovely lot." Ben starts. "I have taken up enough of your time, so I will knock this malarkey on the head now. Seriously, tune in for this show, defo watch with match cause it's gonna be a proper Barney, and I'll see you all on Sunday at Violent Conduct."

Ben winks and smiles down the camera.

"Laters people." He says as his usual final words.

The camera fades to black.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen

Offline Jet City

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Kyle Kavanagh
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 10:56:13 PM »
Kid Gloves
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - During Climax Control 369
13 AUGUST 2023
OFF-Camera

The night had not gone the way that I wanted to. I mistakenly thought that Court would actually be able to hear the message that I was trying to pass along. I thought that since we were all supposed to be friends, she would have a little hesitancy about trying to throw us in the trash like the rest of the people she ran down. I was wrong. Apparently the rampage that she was on extended to everyone on the roster, be it friend or foe. She didn’t care. She wanted to make sure that everyone knew that their place in the world was somewhere behind her. I guess I shouldn’t have expected that Eiley and I were going to be treated any differently just because we were all at least loosely affiliated with Jet City no matter what we did.

Defeated, I decided it would just be best to head back to the locker room. Eiley and I really weren’t needed for much promotion. We might be the Mixed Tag Team Champions, and the brightest up and comers on the roster, but we weren’t really driving the ticket sales. The people that cared enough about us to have an opinion hated us, so we weren’t the ones that they wanted to parade out in front of the masses if they didn’t have to. I assume they were leaving that mostly up to our future challengers since they were both so goddamn personable.

EILEY: Where have you been all night?

She was annoyed, and it showed from the very start.

OZ: Around.

I was just trying to say as little as possible and fly under the radar, but she turned towards me and narrowed her eyes.

EILEY: Was that intentionally vague, or just an accident?

If she was just going to interrogate me until I told her anyways, it was probably best to just come out with it from the start.

OZ: I mean specifically, I just got back from giving Court a piece of my mind.

I thought that maybe her gaze would soften once she heard the truth, but it didn’t. If anything, I had just given her a reason to actually be interested in my whereabouts instead of just making conversation out of boredom.

EILEY: Judging from the fact that you didn’t come back all confident and loud, I assume that didn’t go over well.

I shook my head with a smile. To say that it hadn’t gone well was the understatement of the century.

OZ: Not at all. I don’t know what it is. It seems like everything I say to her goes in one ear and out the other.

I was hoping that we could just leave it there, but as soon as the words came out of my mouth I could already tell that there would be a follow-up question.

EILEY: What do you even have to be mad at her about?

My thoughts raced. I tried to come up with something other than the truth that would work to propel the conversation down a different path. The panic made it impossible to nail down just one lie though, so instead I tried to stall.

OZ: Nothing really….

I could tell from the strong roll of her eyes that she wasn’t going to buy that non-answer for even a second.

EILEY: So you went and yelled at her about nothing?

I took a deep breath, and realized I was out of options. Even if I tried to come up with a believable lie now, she wasn’t going to buy it. Trying to stall had left me no choice but to tell the truth.

OZ: I just wanted to tell her that she could have gone without mentioning your name out there. You don’t deserve to be talked about in the same breath as most of those losers and you are already a champion. It is extra bullshit that we don’t need heaped on us.

I could see her body language stiffen. None of the things that came out of my mouth had been pleasant to her ears. I thought that she would start yelling, but her voice was still level.

EILEY: Us? I am pretty sure that she just mentioned my name, not yours. And who cares? It is not like I was ever really in contention for that match. We have the Mixed Tag Team Championships to defend. I’m busy.

It was like she was giving me all of the reasons that I should have never approached Court with Eiley’s name in my mouth.

OZ: That was kind of my point. She knew that you were already booked. She didn’t mention anyone else that was already in a match. It just felt like a way to shit on you for no reason.

Trying to explain wasn’t helping me at all. If anything, it felt a lot like digging a deeper hole.

EILEY: It doesn’t really matter.

It was a typical brush off, and I should have let it end there. She wasn’t frustrated enough to be screaming at me, so I should have taken that as the win. Only, I couldn’t help trying to defend my actions.

OZ: Of course it matters! We are a team. If she is dumping on you, she is dumping on both of us, and it was totally unnecessary, ya know?

She shook her head.

EILEY: She’s just doing her job. She’s the champion. I would never expect anything different.

That wasn’t something that I could accept though.

OZ: So you’re okay with just being her punching bag for no reason?

She stood up from her chair and started throwing things back into her bag like we weren’t still in the middle of Climax Control. She didn’t even turn towards me before venting at me about how wrong I was.

EILEY: I wasn’t at Jet City very long, but isn’t that kind of how things go? Court is the face of the Bombshell division right now! She’s probably just taking a shot at me so that people don’t think that she is playing favorites!

She zipped up her bag and threw it over her shoulder before moving towards the door. I stepped in front of her to stop her from just walking away, when every part of me knew that I should just let her go cool off.

OZ: I don’t see how you are more offended by what I did than by what she said….

She shoved me back against the door to the locker room. Anyone in the hallway at the time would have been startled by the loud impact from the other side. Before I could even react to it though, she had an index finger pointed in my face.

EILEY: I don’t know why you think that if I had a problem I wouldn’t just handle it myself.

I knew that she didn’t really want an answer to the question, but my mouth didn’t get that message before starting to auto-reply.

OZ: I just--

She cut me off, and shoved me against the door a second time, this time harder than the first.

EILEY: No! You’ve been doing it all month! At first I was okay with it because honestly I needed the break from having to deal with every little thing that people were saying, but now it is like every time you are around me you are just walking on eggshells and trying not to hurt my feelings. I am not a child! You don’t need to be protecting me from mean words.

She went to shove me again but this time I raised both of my arms and deflected both of her hands away. Her mouth slammed shut, and the look that she gave me told me that I needed to move if I didn’t want her to go through me in order to exit the room. When I stepped to the side, she pulled the door open and was gone without waiting for me to say anything else to make the situation worse. I shook my head, somehow having been chewed out by two different women for just trying to do the right thing. Now I know why I am typically just a piece of shit. At least then I really earn these types of confrontations.

OZ: Sorry for sticking up for you…

I muttered the words under my breath, not that it mattered. Eiley was already gone.

==========================================================
===========================================================

Return to Normalcy
Yucatan, Mexico  - Chablé Yucatán
18th AUGUST 2023
OFF-Camera

Things have been tense for the last few days. Arguably, I could have reacted better to Eiley putting me in my place. I could admit to myself that maybe I had started to overstep a little bit. Coming off of the Summer XXXtreme boat though, it just felt right to step up and try to take some of the pressure off of her. The girl was already going through enough without everyone else trying to pile on for absolutely no reason. I was just trying to help, but it turned out that I made everything so much worse. I don’t know how people like Ben Jordan maintain their perky and positive demeanor when shit like this happens. I mean that guy had a whole ass string of negativity slap him in the face over the years, and fans actually refer to the guy as a fucking Saint. Yet, the one time that I actually try to stand up and do the right thing for someone that I care about, I get hacked to pieces for it.

I shouldn’t have expected anything different though. That was how things went in the real world. That is why while I was surrounded by villains and monsters, things felt calm and comfortable. It was also why people like Ben and Sam drove me crazy. I don’t understand them, their decisions, or their lives. To tell the truth, I wasn’t even sure that I really understood my own tag team partner anymore. She was beyond irritated when I was just trying to help. Since then, I have done nothing but keep my distance, but apparently that was wrong too.

EILEY: Still not talking to me?

It wasn’t that I wasn’t talking to her. It was more that I wasn’t sure what I was going to be able to say without being yelled at again. Nothing that I had tried seemed to work, regardless of how good my intentions were.

OZ: I wouldn’t want you to feel like I was lingering over your shoulder trying to wrap you in bubble wrap or anything.

It was an exaggeration of course, but she wasn’t going to let me slip out of the conversation via sarcasm.

EILEY: I never said that you were. I said that you didn’t need to run around chewing out anyone that says my name.

I shrugged, not seeing the difference.

OZ: Same thing really.

That was all it took to set her off again. I should have just kept my fucking mouth shut. Then again, nobody ever accused me of being smart.

EILEY: Is it really such a bad thing that I am capable of sticking up for myself? If anything that Court said about me really bothered me, I would have taken it to her. I don’t need you doing that for me, and you should know that by now. If you didn’t, and that hurts your feelings, sorry not sorry. It’s better we get that out of the way now.

I thought that standing up for your partner was what made two people a team. I guess I was wrong about that assumption as well.

OZ: I am sorry for having your back.

She wasn’t going to accept the half-assed apology either.

EILEY: I’d rather you have my back when it is important….

I shrugged again.

OZ: Haven’t I?

Her attitude seemed to switch on a dime once I said something that she found to be acceptable.

EILEY: Yes! That’s the point. When I got sent flying through the air at Summer XXXtreme, you put the match on hold to catch me. You didn’t care if it cost us everything. You did the right thing. And taking me to Barcelona was exactly what I needed at the time.

It was too nice of a turnaround though. I knew that the only way that she was singing my praises now was going to be to chop my legs out from under me with her next words.

OZ: ....but.

She almost looked like she didn’t want to say whatever words were going to come out of her mouth but she took a breath and powered through them anyways.

EILEY: ...but you can stop now. I don’t know what’s going through your head, but I don’t need this. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. We are supposed to be a team. I am not some damsel in distress that needs you to run in and solve all of her problems. I don’t need a protector, I need a partner. I thought that was what we were here for.

I couldn’t argue with that point. Maybe I was trying to do too much.

OZ: It is.

Her tone changed again, shifting back to the shaming that she had been doing before I said something that made sense to her.

EILEY: Then stop with all this over-protective macho bullshit. That is not who you are, and I don’t like it.

She was right, but that didn’t mean that I understood. I knew that most of the time I was intolerable to most people. For some reason, the one time I went out on a limb to do something that could actually be considered nice, it was too much. There was no winning.

OZ: Sorry for trying to make things a little easier for you.

She shook her head again, refusing yet another half-assed attempt at apologizing because she knew that I really didn’t mean it.

EILEY: I don’t need you to do that either. Truth be told, I like when things are a little bit messy. It makes it easier to not be stuck in my head all the time. Hiding away from the world in Barcelona was what I needed at the time, but I don’t need that like… all the time.

My head was starting to hurt. It wasn’t that I did the wrong thing. It was that I did the right thing at the wrong time. This was a primary reason why I usually didn’t spend more than a day with anyone of her gender.

OZ: I didn’t rea---

She cut me off, not interested in whatever excuse I was about to give her. She didn’t need me to explain what I was doing wrong. She was capable of doing that herself.

EILEY: Because you stopped talking to me and just started doing what you thought was best for me. I don’t need that. I have never needed that. If this isn’t going to be a 50-50 type thing, then I am not sure that I want to keep doing it.

And there it was, the ultimatum that I knew was coming from the moment that she blew up at me in the locker room. There was only one way that I could respond without throwing away everything that we had built so far.

OZ: Fine. I get it. No more kid gloves.

I put my hands out innocently in front of my chest.

EILEY: Good, because I have been bored out of my fucking mind for the last month. You need to get it together.

She smiled, and called off the assault on my character.

OZ: It is Mexico, and we still have a week before the match. I am sure that there is trouble that we could get into.

In fact, there were several jobs that I had passed on because I didn’t think that she would be up for it.

EILEY: Well it’s about time. I’ll go get ready.

She exited the room before I could say anything to the contrary.

OZ: ....she’s insane.

>

”Eiley and I have always been incredibly easy to hate…”

The words don’t seem to bother half of the Mixed Tag Team Champions. He isn’t complaining, merely stating a fact. His championship belt rests on his shoulder, in the center of the frame. Behind him, the stage for Violent Conduct is being assembled by a crew of workers.

”I mean neither of us are very personable. We don’t play well with others, whether that be co-workers, fans or just people on the streets. Not that we blame them or anything. The two of us were discarded from birth. Nobody ever wanted the responsibility of dealing with us, and the people that pretended that they did were really just in it for the money. We learned that if people were coming around giving you attention, they were probably up to something shady. We learned not to let our guards down, because someone was always going to be there trying to take what we had. We became callous, and street-hardened misfits that were only ever looking out for ourselves, because that was what the world around taught us…”

Despite the fact that the majority of their stories were negative, Oz never seemed frustrated about it. In his mind, he was the result of all of his experiences, and nobody loved Oz the way that Oz loved Oz. All of these experiences were what made both him and Eiley as great as they were. Sure, most people would give that credit to their trainers, but to those people, Oz would point out all of their other failed projects. Changing the journey would change the ending point, and Oz was more than happy about where he had ended up.

”People hate us for that, but we never really had a chance to become anything other than what we are. And don’t get it twisted, we don’t have any big problems with the people that we have become. We are both self-made. We are both successful. We are both champions that are traveling the world while others are footing the bill for us. All-in-all, it hasn’t been a bad gig for two kids that were thrown in the trash before they were able to walk and talk. You might hate us now, but think about how much worse we could have become. I think that we did pretty well for ourselves.”

He taps the center plate of the Mixed Tag Team Championship on his shoulder with a smile on his face.

”Ben Jordan and Sam Marlowe are the perfect opponents for us, because they seem to be our polar opposites. Trust me, I have tried and tried for the last few weeks to find a reason not to like them. I lost to Ben Jordan a few weeks back in the middle of the ring, and I still just don’t have it in me to actually hate the guy. Sam had her match with Eiley, and it was more of the same. They are both so goddamn pleasant that it almost seems like it can’t be real. It feels like it has to be some kind of act. I feel like they can’t be the people that they portray in front of a camera, because in my world, those people don’t exist.”

Maybe had they crossed paths years ago, instead of as fully formed adults, things would have been different. If Oz and Eiley had known that the way Ben and Sam were was even a possibility, maybe they would have taken different roads. As it stood, their all-encompassing positivity just seemed foreign to the champions.

”...but in Sin City of all places, they do. I mean, we shouldn’t be surprised. This is the place where superheroes apparently come to compete. This place has had all manner of time travelers, vampires, super villains, and monsters but what I have found more surprising than anything is that there is not one, but two genuinely good people in our midst. I am not going to do the same thing that everyone does and try to take a shot at their character. I am not going to say that I find their cookie-cutter shit boring like so many other hacks have before me. And I won’t say it, because I don’t actually believe it. Eiley and I have been around the world, and I can honestly tell you that there is nothing more difficult to be than a genuinely good person.”

It was a small compliment from a man that usually never had anything nice to say about the person he was going to end up standing across the ring from.

”Nearly everybody wants something. Nearly each and every person alive aspires to be something greater than what they are. For most of those people, they don’t mind compromising one or two of their values in order to get what they want. For others, taking a shortcut or bending the rules in your favor just seems to be the best way to get ahead in life. Another, much smaller group, might actually seem like they are kind-hearted, but they are just lying in wait until their opportunity comes to seize whatever their desires may be. That doesn’t leave a whole lot of space in the world for people like Ben and Sam. Maybe that is why they make a great team.”

He gives the compliment, but then holds up a finger at the camera so that the viewers don’t take the positive comment and make more out of it than it is.

”...but not the greatEST team. They are just pretty good. Why? Well that should be simple math, right? In a world full of people that are willing to do whatever they have to in order to get ahead, what chance do two straight-laced softies really have? When they come down the aisle and step into the ring, they are worried about putting on a great show for the people that paid to come and see them. They are showing up at all of the signings, and stopping to talk to every single fan that approaches them on the street. They are making sure that they do everything perfectly right, with absolutely no gray area whatsoever….”

He laughs. Clearly the champion thought that if you weren’t doing everything that you could do to win, then you weren’t really trying. Ben and Sam were going to leave so many options for victory on the table because they didn’t want to dirty their hands. Oz and Eiley wouldn’t have that handicap going into their match and it was a big reason that he felt that they would walk out with the championships.

”....and then there are people like Eiley and I who are just focused on doing whatever needs to be done in order to walk away still Sin City Mixed Tag Team Champions. Ben and Sam’s greatest strength is also their greatest weakness against a team like us. These two aren’t Ariana and Carter who simply weren’t good enough to advance to the big tag match at Summer XXXtreme. These two failed to qualify for that match because they never had a chance in the first place. Look at the teams that competed on that stupid fucking boat to be crowned the new Mixed Tag Champions. Luna and Alexander didn’t care who they had to maim. Peter Vaughn will do whatever it takes to get ahead. Kim Pain hurts people for a living. Tempest and AJM don’t care if people hate them, or if they have to bend a few rules in order to get what they want. All of these people are disgusting humans. None of them are capable of being trustworthy. Any of them would throw somebody under the bus if it meant getting a step closer to what they wanted, and all of them made the cut for the first Mixed Tag Championship match in a long, long time.”

The fact that so many like-minded people qualified for the match while the do-gooders either got left off the card or shifted around elsewhere was certainly helping Oz to get to sleep at night. It was all of the justification he needed for being the person that he was in front of the camera.

”I feel okay about commending Ben and Sam for the people that they are, because the fact that they are so perfect is the very reason that they won’t be walking out of Violent Conduct with our championships. They are not willing to do what they are going to need to do in order to pry these championships away from us.”

Of course, it wasn’t just the glaring weakness of their challengers. There was also the huge advantage that the champions carried.

”...and Eiley and I were raised by the worst of the worst to do whatever it takes to make sure that we are never…. ever… dethroned.”

He spoke with such conviction that viewers had agree that even if they hated them, the champions were going to be hard to beat.

”...and I get that not everyone is going to like that. I get that some people are going to hate us for the people that we are just like everyone is going to love our opponents for the people that they are. They can’t change their nature, just like we can’t and that is what makes us the absolute perfect opponents for one another. That is what makes me want to have this match over, and over, and over, and over again until the wheels come off. There aren’t two other people in this company that I am going to have more fun with in the ring, because I know that Ben can’t fathom the things that I am willing to do in order to keep my half of the Mixed Tag Team Championships.”

The smile on his face showed that the champion meant that as well. From his first day in Sin City he had been shown that there were no penalties for stepping out of bounds. Austin James Mercer viciously attacked him without reprisals. Ruby had her arm broken without repercussions. He and Eiley were going to be free to do whatever needed to be done in order to retain their championships, because he didn’t have to fear the consequences of those actions.

”...and I realize that people are going to say, ‘But Ben beat you’ and all that jazz. That might be true, but Eiley also beat Sam when they went head to head with one another. By my count, that means that our teams are square, even though we have never once all been in the ring at the same time. Even if we hadn’t split the little preview matches, I never would have put any stock in the results. Ben talked about how if I would have beaten him on Climax Control, nobody would have even given them a chance of walking out of Violent Conduct with our championships. I don’t buy it. The whole reason that Eiley and I formed Limitless was because we have always been so much better together than we are separate. The team we created is so much better than just the sum of its parts. We work off on one another without having to think about it. We know where we need to be in order to help one another. We are in sync once that bell rings, and I can’t really explain exactly how that works. It just does. It is lightning that the two of us have caught in a bottle, and this promotion has only seen a team this dominant once before.”

He didn’t even have to drop them by name for everyone watching to know who he was talking about.

”Not only do we intend to live up to the legacy of Reckless Elite, we intend to surpass everything that they ever did, because we aren’t falling back on the Mixed Tag Team Championships at the end of our careers like Kris and Mikah, or even Ben and Sam. We came out of the gate aiming to get these championships reinstated so that we could hold them until every record was broken and the bar we set was so high that nobody would ever even consider breaking it again. This wasn’t an afterthought for either of us, this was the goal. We are on the path that we chose, and nobody is going to force us off of our marks. ”

It was a lot to live up to, but it was also Oz’s only goal in the company. He had roped Eiley into this team for that sole reason, and there was nothing better than that kind of single-minded focus.

”This journey is just getting started, and we still have so much more to do. At Summer XXXtreme, we bested most of the division in one night, but there are still more than enough teams to keep us busy for the foreseeable future. This is our very first defense with so many more to come. I am sure that eventually Ben and Sam will get another chance to step up in the future, and maybe that will be a different story down the line.”

Viewers could tell by the way that the words fell out of his mouth that he really didn’t think that was possible either now or in the future.

”Violent Conduct is our night though.”

With that, the champion exits the frame, and the camera zooms in on the big Violent Conduct logo being erected on the stage behind him. After lingering on that sight for a few moments, the feed fades to black, and the video ends.

Offline Eiley

• View Profile
Odds Against Us.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 11:21:04 PM »

OFF CAMERA
Date:Thursday, August 24, 2023.

---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---

Eiley was not sure that she enjoyed a pregnant Mikah or the fact that Mikah and her husband had decided to come to Yucatan for Violent Conduct. She hadn’t had a real training session with Mikah or Kendall since SCW started the World tour and just her luck, Mikah had convinced Kendall and her husband, JD to tag along so that Eiley and Kendall could work in the ring together while Mikah watched and critiqued.

Eiley collapses on the mat of the ring, breathing heavy as she and Kendall had just got done working on some techniques in the ring. Kendall just laughs a little bit as she gets out of the ring to get a bottle of water. Eiley just scowls in Kendall’s direction but doesn’t move from her spot in the middle of the ring.

•EILEY• “Are we done for the day?”

Eiley looks over at Mikah, who was trying not to frown at her pregnant belly as she pushes gently on the side. Eiley watches with slight interest before chuckling softly.

;;MIKAH “Laughing at a pregnant lady is considered rude, Eiley.”

Eiley just gives Mikah a look before shrugging her shoulders as Kendall walks back over and tosses Eiley a bottle of water before down next to Mikah.

*KENDALL* “Have you and Kris thought about a name yet?”

Eiley rolls her eyes as the focus shifts from her to Mikah and Kris’ unborn baby. It wasn’t like Eiley really mattered anyways as she preferred to be practically invisible.

•EILEY• “Just don’t give her a basic name like Olivia or Emma. Those types of girls are always basic and if she’s anything like you or Kris, she’s not bound to be basic.”

Eiley doesn’t move to look at Mikah or Kendall as she continues to stare up at the ceiling of the building they were training in.

;;MIKAH “No, not really. I like a few names that I like but I haven’t mentioned them to Kristopher just yet. And don’t worry, it’s not going to be Olivia or Emma, Eiley.”

Eiley nods her head as she moves a bit to get comfortable, bending her right leg and putting her foot on the mat.

*KENDALL* “Naming a baby seems harder than actually giving birth to a baby. She will have that name for the rest of her life and that seems like something that would be hard to choose.”

Mikah laughs but agrees with Kendall as she pushes in on the side of her baby belly.

;;MIKAH “Yeah, that might be true but I knew what I wanted to name Leighton before I knew that she was even a girl. And with Myles, it was the only boy name that I had liked at the time. This time, I haven’t found a name that I think will fit her just yet.”

Eiley just nods to herself, even though she couldn’t really understand where Mikah was coming from. She didn’t have kids of her own and she didn’t know how she even got the name Eiley as she did not know her biological parents in any fashion. She had contemplated looking for them once before but it hadn’t evolved into anything. But now the thought wanders through her mind, wondering about how she came to be. But she didn’t want to focus on that so she smirks, shifting her own focus back to Mikah’s baby name dilemma. She sits up a bit, propping her upper body with her arms stretched out behind her with her hands on the mat.

•EILEY• “You should name her Courtney, just to spite Court. Just imagine how pissed off Court would be then.”

Eiley seemed to enjoy playing both sides as she liked being on friendly-ish terms with Court but she also knew not to get on Mikah’s bad side. It was something that took a while to learn but she was starting to come around.

;;MIKAH “If you think Court is pissed off at the world now, I couldn’t imagine how pissed off she’d be if Kristopher and I named our baby Courtney.”

Mikah shakes her head at the thought and it only makes Eiley chuckle. Eiley knew that she should focus on the match that she and Oliver has against Sam Marlowe and Ben Jordan in a few short days, but this was a little bit of a stress reliever for her. She didn’t have to think about the match and the what ifs or her whatever it is with Oliver or the fact that she had pushed somebody over the railing of the cruise ship to their presumed death.

*KENDALL* “She would probably come to Hawaii just to burn you’re your first house.”

Mikah laughs before nodding her head.

;;MIKAH “Not that she would get very far; the security on that house is tighter than the one that Kristopher and I live in now. Having turned it into an AirBNB, I wanted to make sure that the guests that stay in that house have only the best security while staying there. So, Court and her chip wouldn’t get too close.”

Eiley knew that Mikah had sort of merged from a professional wrestler into some sort of business connoisseur. Mikah ran a successful training gym that was also multi-functional and open to the public. It had a walking track above the wrestling rings as well as all the work out equipment that one could one and it also had meeting rooms and the room that the wrestling rings were in could be transformed into a ball room that could hold events like wedding receptions and other things. And now, Eiley had learned since Mikah was in town that she was adding onto the building to include an inside and outdoor pool and two hot tubs as well. Eiley was impressed with all the additions that Mikah was adding to the building and could only see it being more successful than it already was.

•EILEY• “I don’t think she would go that far. I don’t think she would try to intentionally injure you or your family to that extreme.”

Eiley also wanted to give Court the benefit of the doubt as well. But she also didn’t know Court as well as Mikah once had, so she wasn’t too sure how far Court would go.

;;MIKAH “She really doesn’t bother me as much as she probably likes to think she does. Or wants to, anyways.”

Eiley nods her head in understanding as she collapses back down on the mat, staring up at the ceiling once more.

*KENDALL* “I think Kendall is a good name for a baby.”

Mikah laughs and Eiley glances over at them before resuming staring at the ceiling.

•EILEY• “I haven’t had much experience with names, honestly. But I like the name Ivy. People are always mispronouncing my name.”

Mikah laughs at Eiley a little bit.

;;MIKAH “Trust me, that’s the least of your worries. I have been called Mee-kah, Mick-ah and all sorts of things. I even had to give everybody in SCW the right pronunciation after being there for a while as nobody seemed to know which one it is. You could do that, give them a little lesson on how to pronounce your name because I doubt anybody other than Oliver has it right.”

Eiley just shrugs her shoulders. It really didn’t bother her too much and only amused her when people pronounced her name wrong.

*KENDALL* “Nobody rarely gets my named pronounced wrong. However, if I’m signing up for something online and don’t fill out my gender, they sometimes think I’m a male because apparently Kendall is a unisex name.”

Eiley chuckles a little bit at the thought. She was not even sure what type of name hers was or it it was just made up by her biological egg and sperm donors.

•EILEY• “I think I’ll let them keep pronouncing my name wrong. Maybe I’ll even get Olly in on it.”

The mention of Eiley’s nickname for Oliver seemed to get Mikah’s interest and she smirks a little to herself before looking over at Kendall and then at Eiley.

;;MIKAH “So…what is it with you and Oliver, Eiley?”

This also seemed to get Kendall’s attention and interest as well as she leans forward to look at Eiley. Mikah had an idea of where they were headed but she wanted to see where Eiley thought that they were.

*KENDALL* “Yes. That is the burning question that almost everybody wants to know. What is the situation with you and him?”

Eiley just smiles to herself as she looks up at the ceiling as if she knew the answer, but really she didn’t know either. They were on better terms than they were before but she didn’t really know what they were or weren’t, to be exact.

•EILEY• “I’m not sure that there’s anything there to discuss, really. Champions?”

It was a vague description of what she felt they were and it wasn’t necessarily a lie. Mikah just rolls her eyes at Eiley’s blindness to her and Oliver’s situation.

;;MIKAH “How’s that part of your thing with him going?”

Eiley shrugs her shoulders at Mikah’s question.

•EILEY• “Fine? We haven’t actually teamed together since Summer XXXtreme but I imagine not much has changed in that aspect. Maybe it’s changed when we’re not actively competing but I can imagine it’s only for the better.”

She didn’t elaborate that she had been staying with him at his place in Barcelona because she was sure that neither of them even knew that he had a place in Barcelona and she didn’t feel like that was her information to share.

;;MIKAH “I feel like you and Oliver have a better in-ring relationship than Kristopher and I have or had.”

*KENDALL* “But I don’t think anybody can beat the relationship that you and Kristopher have at all.”

Eiley frowns a little as Kendall compliments Mikah and Kristopher’s marriage. But it wasn’t like she and Oliver had defined them as anything exclusive or anything more than a tag team, so she couldn’t really be jealous. But that was easier said than done when it came to relationships and it sometimes scared her. She felt more for Oliver than she had probably felt for any other person and it scared her, so she did her best to keep it bottled up and to herself. He didn’t need to know how she felt about him, so she didn’t dare tell him.

•EILEY• “Do you have any advice for when I face off against Sam?”

She was shifting the conversation away from personal relationships. She didn’t have many personal relationships and she didn’t want to talk about her working relationships with either woman in the room, so shifting the focus to the match was the best idea that she could come up with.

;;MIKAH “You’ve already beat her once, Eiley. What more advice could I have for you?”

Eiley gives her a look but doesn’t say anything as she looks back at the ceiling. She had beat Sam almost two months ago but the stakes weren’t going to be high like they were this time. This time, it was her and Oliver against Sam Marlowe and Ben Jordan.

*KENDALL* “It should be easy for you.”

Eiley lets out a sigh of irritation as neither woman seemed to be helpful with advice towards her and Oliver’s match against Ben Jordan and Sam Marlowe. And it was frustrating to say the least.

•EILEY• “Yeah but now it’s me and Olly versus Sam and Ben. It’s not the same.”

Mikah rolls her eyes at Eiley before looking at Kendall and then over at Eiley.

;;MIKAH “It’s not that much different, Eiley. It’s basically two singles matches balled up into one match. You don’t even have to worry about Ben in any way, shape or form. And plus, Ben’s a good guy and is the least likely to put his hands on you. And Sam is going to be the same as she was in the singles match you had against her.”

Kendall nods her head, agreeing with Mikah.

*KENDALL* “Yeah, you shouldn’t be so worried.”

Kendall was never very helpful to Eiley when it came to her SCW opponents because Kendall had never been in SCW. But Mikah knew the ins and outs of a SCW ring and should be more helpful.

Eiley sits up before standing up and getting out of the ring. She walks over to Mikah and Kendall and stands in front of them. They just look at her with their eyes raised and she folds her arms over her chest.

•EILEY• “You could give me better advice than that, Mikah. You’re a SCW legend and in the Hall of Fame. And you know what they’re going to be looking for in the match. And you were friends with Ben Jordan at one point, don’t think I didn’t do my research on him. I know that you were married to one of his best friends more than three years ago. All I am asking for is a little advice on how to handle facing Sam Marlowe again with Ben Jordan in her corner, it’s not too much to ask for, is it?”

Mikah raises her eyebrows at the young Bombshell before sighing and nodding her head before motioning for her to sit down.

;;MIKAH “Lose the attitude and calm down. I don’t need your attitude or ego to rub onto my baby.”

Eiley gives Mikah a look.

•EILEY• “That baby is already going to have a bigger ego than anybody in this room. I don’t think you should be worried about how my ego or attitude is going to rub off on your unborn child.”

Mikah laughs before motioning to the chair with her hand.

;;MIKAH “This baby is probably going to be more talented than anybody signed to the roster. No offense, Eiley.”

Eiley didn’t seem to be too bothered by the comment as she figured that it was something that Mikah would say anyways. She easily could brush Mikah’s arrogance off as it was easily earned.

•EILEY• “Probably true. But I am wanting to be the best that I can be under you. People already compare me to you, so I just want to be the best by you.”

Mikah smirks, liking the words that was coming out of the young girl’s mouth.

;;MIKAH “That’s definitely the right mindset to have going into the match. Because you can bet that Sam is going to bring up the comparison of you and I and try to use it to her advantage. She’ll bring up the fact that she beat me in February of 2016 for my championship and have some sort of idiotic claim that she did the impossible.”

Mikah waves the thought away with her hand.

;;MIKAH “But it’s all in the past. Nobody views Sam Marlowe as a threat anymore and you shouldn’t either, Eiley. You’ve already beat her once, you can do it again. What you do have to worry about is how Oliver is going to fair against Ben Jordan. He lost to him a few weeks ago, so you need to make sure that it isn’t going to happen again. And Ben Jordan is a legend in SCW himself, so odds are already against you as him and Sam are probably the favorites to win the match. What you’re most going to have to worry about is keeping you and Sam in the ring versus Oliver and Ben. That would be the safest option.”

Eiley frowns at Mikah.

•EILEY• “Oliver was just having an off night, it’s not his fault. And he’s focused. I don’t think we really have to worry about him facing off against Ben on Sunday.”

Mikah gives Eiley a look.

;;MIKAH “Look, I am not saying that Oliver is not good enough to beat Ben. But the fact is, Ben’s already beat him once and has the upper hand on him. And while you have the upper hand on Sam, match wise, it doesn’t not mean that you are going to save this match. And while I do think you and Oliver have a good chance at beating them, I do know that there are people that are betting on Sam and Ben to win on Sunday. And that’s not an unrealistic bet for them to make. Anything that Ben Jordan is involved in usually has good statistics on his side. And don’t ask Kristopher, he probably has his own opinion. But mine is more important.”

Mikah smirks to herself and Eiley rolls her eyes. She was used to the little competition side between Mikah and Kris that was always playful and nothing serious.

•EILEY• “So, basically I need to try to keep Sam in the ring with me and keep Ben on the apron?”

Mikah nods her head, a smile instead of a smirk forming on her face.

;;MIKAH “Precisely. And ignore the doubters; Kristopher and I always had doubters. As a tag team and now even more as a couple and we’re probably two of the most successful people that came out of SCW. And I have faith that you and Oliver will get there. But I have to go find my husband and make sure that our children aren’t driving him up the wall. Have fun.”

Eiley just watches as Mikah leaves the area without saying anything else. She watches as Kendall grabs her things to leave.

•EILEY• “Going to go find JD?”

Kendall nods her head.

*KENDALL* “Yep. Going to convince him to make a baby.”

Eiley makes a face at the thought of it and shudders. She watches as Kendall struts out of the room with a sway to her step. Eiley shakes her head.

•EILEY• “And I thought I had an attitude problem.”

---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---

ON CAMERA
Date: Friday, August 25, 2023

The scene opens up to Eiley sitting in the chairs that would be filled with fans in two days time.

“Mexico is such a…well, I don’t know what I would describe it as a country but it’s something. Being in Mexico is not as nice as some people would think it is and I am ready for this tour to be over so I can spend time not flying to countries with weird laws. And I am ready for everything to be back to normal and with easy access to.

But that’s not the point. The point is that there’s only two days left until Oz and I step into the ring against Sam Marlowe and Ben Jordan to defend our mixed tag team championships. Two days before Olly and I prove to everybody that we’re here to stay and that we’re not just transitional champions. Because, that’s what everybody is saying, right? They think that our win at Summer XXXtreme was just a fluke and that there is no way in hell that we can beat a SCW legend like Ben Jordan and the inconsistent bombshell, Sam Marlowe. It’s no secret that they’re the favorites to win this match. Hell, even my mentor, Mikah stated that they were the favorites and had all the odds in their favor. But she did tell me that she believed it was because of Ben Jordan and not Sam Marlowe, so technically the odds are only half in their favor.”

A small smirk crosses her face as she looks at the camera as she leans back to get comfortable.

“But it’s honestly no surprise to me that everybody thinks that Ben Jordan and Sam Marlowe are going to win. Olly and I have always been the underdog, the un-favorite when we’re booked in a tag-team match. It will be no different from how we felt going into our match at Summer XXXtreme, except this time we have something to defend and an even bigger point to prove. And the point we’re going to make is that we are the best mixed tag team in this company right now. And while some people might say that it’s a bold claim, it can’t be called a bold claim when we’re holding these…”

She reaches under her seat and pulls out her championship and places it in her lap with the front facing the camera.

“This right here states that Olly and I are the best in the mixed tag division. There are no other claims that can be made that would be true. Because any other mixed tag team aren’t holding these. And this is what all of those other mixed teams want, right? So it’s only fair that Olly and I are sitting at the top and god-fucking-damn it, we should not be considered the fucking underdogs in this match. We should be considered the ones that are going to win this match without any hesitation. We should be the favorites to win and everybody should be betting on us and not the sorry excuse of a bombshell, Sam Marlowe.”

She makes a face at the thought of it.

“Is that nice of me to talk so…poorly of Sam Marlowe? No, but do I fucking care? All she’s going to do is compare me to Mikah and how I am not as good as her or that I shouldn’t aim to be just like her because imitation is not the sincerest form of flattery. Except I should want to be like Mikah because she is still something that everybody should aspire to be. She is a legend in SCW all her own and just because somebody like Sam Marlowe likes to base her whole entire career on the fact that she was the one to beat Mikah in February of 2016 for the Bombshell Championship states otherwise, doesn’t mean shit.”

Eiley rolls her eyes in annoyance again.

“I had wanted to give Sam the benefit of the doubt when I first faced her back in July. I wanted her to be better than she was and I did not get what I wanted out of her. Sure, I got the win and have already proven that I am better than she in the ring. But I don’t get all the hype that surrounds her. She comes and goes as she pleases and is inconsistent at best. Half the time, I don’t even know if she’s employed by SCW or if she just shows up randomly and they sign her up for a match. Maybe she has one of those types of contracts, I guess I don’t know. But for somebody that is getting the chance to face me and Olly with Ben Jordan as her teammate, should be a little bit more consistent.

And that is coming from me, somebody who doesn’t understand what consistency is but I’ve been in SCW since the Blast From the Past Tournament and I’ve only lost one real match, two if you count the match I had in the Blast From the Past tournament. And I would call that pretty damn consistent. AND I got a compliment from the fucking current World Heavyweight Champion himself. So if there is something that I can claim over and over again is that. AND the fact that I’m being trained by Mikah, who is considered to be the greatest Bombshell of all time by Tommy Knocks. I am already better on paper compared to Sam Marlowe. Especially when her…”

She pauses to make air quotes with her fingers.

Biggest accomplishment is dethroning Mikah from her legendary reign as Bombshell champion. Something that happened seven years ago and is not even relevant to today. That’s such a boring thing to rely on. But then again, I am talking about Sam Marlowe, who has the personality of a fish. The only thing that she could have going for her is the fact that she is considered to be one of the nicest Bombshells of all time. But even that is lame in comparison to pretty much everything else. Because being nice never got anybody anywhere and it damn sure has never got me anywhere in my life. I’ve always had to fight for and take what I wanted for myself. And this Sunday does not seem like it’s going to be any different.”

She shrugs her shoulders before looking down at the championship in her lap before looking back at the camera.

“This is the reason that Olly and I are going to be the best on Sunday. We don’t have anything else to lose but these championships. And sure, Olly lost to Ben a few weeks ago, but everybody has a bad night here and there but that doesn’t mean that Ben Jordan and Sam Marlowe have the upper hand on us because as I see it, we’re even. I have beaten Sam one on one and Ben has beaten Oz one on one. Even.”

She smirks at the camera, a similar look that her mentor Mikah always wore when she was in front of the camera.

“I don’t even think I care what Sam is going to say about me. Or how many times she is going to compare me to Mikah. Because in the end, the only thing that is going to matter is that I already have a win against her and heading towards a second. What she has to say is not important because she’s not the champion and she is nothing compared to me in the ring. Am I a rookie? Yes, but I still feel that I am better than her.”

She shrugs her shoulders.

“But let me play devil’s advocate for a minute, or two.”

She smirks again as she leans back even more, placing her feet on the chair in front of her to make herself more comfortable in the uncomfortable seat.

“She will make the claim that I want to be Mikah. Or something of the sort. But she’s wrong. Because I don’t want to be Mikah, I want to be better than Mikah was in SCW. I want to be the best that I can be and I already think that I’m on my way to make that claim a reality. And I’m going to start with beating you for a second time, Samantha. I’m going to prove that you’re not as good as you think you are in that ring. And even though you managed to snag a good partner in Ben Jordan, that isn’t going to matter. Because Benny Boy can’t put his hands on me in the ring. He can try all he wants but I don’t think that’s legal in a mixed tag match. And while you have faith in your partner to be there for you every step of the way, I have more faith in Olly so that he and I can walk out of this arena on Sunday as the defending and reigning Mixed Tag Team Champions.”

She smirks again, the confidence reaching her eyes just as it had filled the tone of her voice as she spoke.

“There’s not much more preparation that any of us can do but to be ready on Sunday for this match to start. It’s not going to be pretty but it’s going to be a match that everybody is going to want to pay to see and if we’re lucky, it’s going to steal the show on Sunday. Or at least, Oz and I will. Sam and Ben just lack everything there is when it comes what a champion should be. And if we’re being honest, which I always am, Ben is more of a World Heavyweight Champion material than being mixed tag team champion material. It’s not something that I am proud of saying because I fully support J2H in being the World Heavyweight Champion, but Ben would make a good challenger for J2H. And that’s where he should be spending his time and not wasting his talent on teaming with a has-been like Sam Marlowe.”

She just shrugs her shoulders before looking down at her championship in her lap once more. She runs her fingertips over the nameplate with her name etched on it. She doesn’t look up for a moment or so as she lets her fingers run over every letter of her name. After a moment, she looks up at the camera with a smirk on her pretty face.

“The fact is that time is running out for anybody to believe that Sam and Ben are going to beat us. And while it may seem like the odds are in their favor, I can promise you that they aren’t..”

She stands up and adjusts the shorts she is wearing and hoists the championship to be placed over her shoulder. She looks at it with a look of adoration on her face before looking back at the camera.

“There’s only one way that this match is going to go on Sunday, and Ben and Sam better prepare for the worst. Because Olly and I are going to retain and that’s what everybody can bet on.”

She smirks again before starting to walk towards the end of the aisle she was sitting in. She glances over her shoulder with a glint in her eyes.

“Because we’re Limitless.”

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 11:57:35 PM »
Sam Marlowe stands outside of a taxi as she looks up at a house that is unfamiliar.  The driver moves around Sam to go to the trunk of the taxi and open it to reveal a small suitcase that he hands to the redhead who offers him a smile then reaches into the back pocket of her jean shorts and pulls out a small wallet that she paws through and hands over a couple of bills.  The driver nods and climbs back into the cab as Sam pulls the handle of the suitcase up and begins to walk up the drive.  Just as she is about to reach up and knock on the door, it opens to reveal an older man that calls out to her.

“Sammiwich!” exclaims Philip Marlowe who is dressed in a pair of cargo pants and a white polo shirt with a small Houston Titans logo on the breast pocket.  “When did you get here?  I thought I had time to make it to the airport to pick you up.”

Sam moves into the arms that her father had opened to hug him before he leads her inside of the house and out of the heat of Houston.  Sam sets the luggage upright and looks around the foyer of the new house where her parents have moved.  “It’s okay Daddy, I don’t mind the cab ride.  Besides, I managed to get into Houston early so we could spend more time together before I have to travel to the supercard.  Where is Moms?”

Sam peers around looking for her mother but is stopped by her father who motions for Sam to follow him.  He guides her towards a room where a large leather couch covered in throw pillows can be seen inviting the two to sit down. 

“Moms is out with Cyn buying more clothes for the coming baby.  It is what she is living for right now, that and being Grammie for Cyn’s oldest.  You will see them at the gender reveal right?” asks her Dad. 

“Cyn definitely wanted me to be here for that,” admits Sam.  “I am happy for her and Monty.  But asking me here when I have to be ready for Violent Conduct and I don’t know if I should be leaving Ben all alone in Mexico…who knows what he could be up to…”

“Ben huh?  You two look to be a pretty good team from what I have seen,” offers Philip as a commotion from outside of the living room is heard as the door opens and reveals an older redhead who walks into the room with a multitude of bags that she sets down.

“Samantha,” says her mother before a very pregnant Cyn waddles into the room.  “Look Cynthia, your sister is here.”

Cyn offers a sickly smile at her sister as she sits down clumsily.  Leaning back, she slowly rubs a hand over her stomach.  Sam returns the smile before sitting as far away from Cyn as she can.  “How y’all feeling Cyn?” she asks.

“As you can see, I am glowin’.  This baby has to hurry up because I am getting so tired of looking like this and just want it over with,” whines Cyn which only has her mother cooing at her as she sits down beside Cyn.  Philip leans over and asks if the ladies would like to have a drink.  The two women give him their preference allowing him to escape.

“We are so glad you can be here for our gender reveal Sammi,” says Cyn with a cheeky smirk.  “You have been so busy lately.  And is Colton with you?”

“Colton’s busy working so he isn’t here and yeah, I’ve been busy working with my tag partner Ben.  You remember him right Cyn?” asks Sam with an innocent look on her face as she desperately looks to change the subject.  “We are getting ready to challenge for the mixed tag titles.”

“Teaming with Ben Jordan?  Samantha, why didn’t you bring him with you dear.  You know I like Benjamin very much,” says Vanessa with a far away look in her eyes.  Sam ducks her head as Cyn offers her mother a glare then turns to Sam.

“You are teaming with Ben Jordan again?  I thought you had smartened up when you let him disappear out of your life like he did.  I never knew what you saw in him anyways,” says Cyn as she leans towards Sam.  “And the way he treated me whenever we ran into each other.  Calling me a dragon like it was some kind of insult.  I watched Game of Thrones.”

Sam looks up to see Cyn shake her head as behind them, her father delivers the drinks to his wife and Cyn.  Once he does, he hands Sam a drink as well.  Sitting beside her, Philip raises his glass.  “Here is to the Marlowes being all together for the afternoon.   Speaking of, how long are you here for Sammi?”

“I can only stay a day or two, just for the gender reveal and then I am headed to Mexico,” says Sam.  “So, any idea what you are having?  Am I getting a niece this time or another nephew?”  Sam sips at the cold liquid in the glass as Cyn smirks once more.

“We are having the gender reveal tonight at a barbeque in the backyard of the old house where I live with Monty now,” taunts Cyn.  “He is so excited with this new little one that will be here soon.  Speaking of Sammi…when will you be giving Moms and Daddy a little one to spoil?”

Sam’s mother turns to look at her, an inquiring look crossing her face.  “Oh yes, when will you and Colton make me a grammie Samantha?” her mother asks.  “Even though I am definitely not old enough to be a grammie.”

Grumbling under her breath, Sam avoids looking at her mother which has her glaring at Cyn who smirks wider sitting back enough that she can hide it from her mother but her father sees it and puts his drink down.  “Sammi will have a baby when she wants one Cyn.  You know that she  has all sorts of time and right now she might not be ready.  Let her be.”

“But Daddy, she is getting older and with all the wrestling she does, she won’t be doing anything else until she is broken and then how will she do for you what Monty and I have?” says Cyn with a sniffle of fake emotion.  “Momma, I just want our babies to be friends as well as cousins.”

“It’s alright Daddy,” offers Sam.  “I’ll eventually have a baby Moms.  But right now, I don’t want to stop wrestling.  Tell you what, I will let Cyn be the one to have the babies for now.  Motherhood suits her, she carries all that extra weight well.”

Cyn’s jaw drops at the snide comment from Sam who slowly rises to her feet.  She picks up her drink and moves to leave the room.  “I am going to get ready for later, and I have to call Ben and let him know that I am going to be heading to Mexico tomorrow night.  Where did you want me to stay Daddy?”   She is rushing out of the room as she is joined by Philip who points up the stairs. 

“You can use the guest room on the right at the top of the stairs princess.  And don’t let Cyn get to you,” her father says angrily.   

Sam puts a hand on the arm of her father and leans up to give him a kiss on the cheek.  “Thanks Daddy.  I am going to call Ben then shower before we head back to the house,” she says before picking up her suitcase and climbing the stairs. 

Once she is in the guest room, she closes the door and heads to the bed.  Leaving the bag, she lays back on the bed.  Rolling over to her stomach, she pulls out a cell phone and hits her Whatsapp to open it.  Scrolling through her contacts, she presses an entry that says Prat, waiting for it to connect. It rings twice before it is picked up and a familiar cockney voice is heard and the image of Ben Jordan appears.

“Hullo Ginge,” says Ben.  “How’s the dragon?”

“She is the same as always,” sighs Sam as she rolls back onto her back and holds up the phone.  “She’s just pushing it again.  I will be so glad to leave tomorrow and will be meeting you down in Mexico.  So did you get hotel rooms for us?”

“Nah, rented a villa with a pool Sammi.  One of the rooms is ready for you.  Only the best for the next Mixed tag champions,” he teases.  “The tequila is cold and the weather is hot.”

“Will be there tomorrow, that soon enough?  Text me the address for the villa..”  As she talks, there is a knock on the door and Vanessa peeks around the door she just opened. 

“Samantha, we will be leaving for the house in an hour so you need to get ready for this now.  Who are you talking to when you should be getting ready…ooo hello Benjamin,” she coos as Sam rotates the phone to show Ben’s face.  He smiles and waves as Vanessa returns the greeting then her face once more gets serious and she motions for Sam to hurry.

“Gotta go Ben, the Dragon doesn’t want me to be late.  See you soon,” says Sam.  Ben nods and wishes Sam luck before the image disappears and he ends the call.  Sam tosses the phone on the bed and then gets to her feet to move towards the ensuite.  She has pulled at the hem of her shirt upward before entering the ensuite where the sound of running water begins…

An hour later, Sam is standing in the doorway of a gazebo in the backyard of her childhood home with a bottle of water in her hand.  She is watching all the people surrounding Cyn and congratulating her on the new child.  With her is Sam’s nephew who is being precocious.  Sam takes a drink and is about to turn away when she runs into Monty who sneers at Sam.

“Jealous?” he asks as he nods towards Cyn which only has Sam look at her sister and then back at Monty.

“What do I have to be jealous about?”

“That could have been you Sam.  We could have had a couple of kids by now if you had just been smart enough to choose me over that Ben person,” taunts Monty.

Chuckling, Sam shakes her head.  “I didn’t choose Ben.  I chose to continue wrestling and the fact that you were sleeping with my sister just made that the correct decision.  So why don’t you go over there with the Dragon and leave me alone?  I am only here for the reveal then I am out.”

Before Monty can say anything else, he is called over to where Cyn is standing.  Sam waves good bye to him and leans against the gazebo frame.   Across the yard, Cyn can be seen quietly telling Monty off before turning to smile at the crowd in the backyard.  She motions for the crowd to quiet down as her son is holding a balloon that had been tied to his wrist.  Monty hands a dart to Cyn as the two of them reach up to the balloon and at three, pierce it to reveal blue confetti.  Monty looks proud as Cyn smirks as she leans into the hug that Monty is giving her.  Sam shakes her head and raises her bottle before she sets it aside and then disappears from the backyard.  Her father sees her leaving and follows her out.

“Where you off to Sammi?” he asks.

“Daddy, I don’t really feel like celebrating right now with Cyn.  I am going to head back to your house and get some sleep.  Love you Daddy,” offers Sam with a smile to reassure him.  He offers to drive there but Sam just waves him off and heads towards the door.  “It is only a five-minute walk, I will be fine.” 

Sam disappears into the night as she escapes the house and heads towards the street to walk to her parents.   

Here I am in Mexico on the road to El Dorado.  Funny, that was one of my favorite childhood movies and it really has a lot of parallels in it to what is going to be happening at Violent Conduct.  Well first things first, that movie is about two friends who are searching for a city of gold in the jungles of Mexico and at the supercard, this match that Ben and I are taking part in is two friends in the search for Mixed Tag Team gold.   

I know that I am sitting here right now and I am talking about a kids movie when I should be focusing on Eiley and Oz who are the champions right now.  I would be crazy not to but in all honesty I have to state the obvious before I go much further.

They are dang good champions. 

There, I said it.  Admitting that they are the team to beat and that they are as good as they claim to be doesn’t mean that I am admitting defeat, no far from it.  Admitting their skill is something I need to realize and prepare for.  It is something they will be touting over and over when discussing the match.

I am sure too that they are going to rant and rave about how everyone talks about how they are just Kris and Mikah two dot oh.  They may be right that others have seen it, and I admit I talked about it too.  But after being in the match with Eiley, and losing to Eiley, she earned my respect.  I can’t lie, she put me through the wringer in that match and deserved the win she earned.  But I also have to say that facing her is also a learning experience.  After all I have fought some of the best in the company and many is the time I have won and many times I have lost.  But each time I am in the ring with someone, I learn.  And it makes me better.

So what did I learn from being in the match against Eiley one on one?  I learned that she was taught by Mikah to be very capable in the ring and to not hold back.  I learned that she will do anything to win.  And that she is someone that is fighting to be acknowledged as someone that is worth something to someone by being the best.  And I have to hand it to her, she is a somebody now by wearing the Mixed Tag Titles. 

But being someone also makes you a target and you are ready for that Eiley I am sure.  And I am also sure that you are really ready to put me down because you have beaten me before.  Go ahead, discount my ability in the ring based on the fact you beat me.  This is your match to lose isn’t it huh?

I will tell you now that I am not going to let your confidence overshadow mine.  Like my Daddy used to say, Princess, you can go out and do or you can decide to go out, do and succeed.  Okay, I probably shouldn’t be using my Daddy’s little sayings to talk about my match but just hearing it makes me feel good about stepping in the ring and actually stepping up to the challenge and taking the opportunity that Ben and I earned to take the titles from you.

I will tell you that when it comes to this match I am not coming into this with the loss hanging over my head.  This match is going to be just one match to me.  And in this match, I have set myself a promise and that is I am not going to let you get under my skin or break my confidence or make it another loss in my record.  I am coming to beat you at your own game Eiley.  You are a good champion, you truly are but at Violent Conduct when I get into the ring with you, I am going to be a better one. 

I have grabbed the brass ring once before.  And that wasn’t even with my friend when I did.  But this time I am teaming with my best friend here in SCW, Ben Jordan.  And I know he is going to have his hands full with your friend Oliver Zahn.  And I know that when it comes to taking care of business, Ben is someone who can beat Oliver.  We have seen it haven’t we?

I might just be the wild card though Eiley.  See, I am ready to step in the ring and I am ready to bring the fight to you because I am not going to allow myself to not rise to the challenge.  This week at Violent Conduct is my road to the gold of the Mixed Tag title belts…my El Dorado.  And I am going to achieve the success that I know I am capable of.

Ben and I will be walking in as the challengers but he and I will walk out as the new champions.  My promise to him and to you.