Author Topic: SELEANA ZDUNICH v LUNA VANITY - ROULETTE RULES  (Read 3833 times)

Online Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
SELEANA ZDUNICH v LUNA VANITY - ROULETTE RULES
« on: August 14, 2023, 06:48:16 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Luna Pasilno

• View Profile
Re: SELEANA ZDUNICH v LUNA VANITY - ROULETTE RULES
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 09:20:45 PM »
A Night of Happiness
Scene One | Off-Camera

Momentary peace was unlike anything else. Bliss could wash away the pain, if only for a moment. Things were not okay, but for a moment. For a split moment there was some peace in her life once more. Alex was spreading himself thin these days, and she had some level of resentment for it. Time spent away, meant less time for them to work through issues. Work through her deceptions, and their omissions. When he called, she wasn’t sure what the world would offer. Yet, happiness however fleeting was the answer. Undeserved as it was, for a moment the tears were not of anguish but of joy. Joy of having that momentary happiness back in her life. Joy of having that guilt washed away for a moment.

But good things never last.

He had flown away the following day, off to Bermuda once more. Preparing for another trip out to sea. A night was all that had. One night to feel her heart back in her chest. To have tears dried, and to have that laughter once more. Things were tumultuous at the best of times. There was an ever underlying tension even before the revelation about Leon’s death. There was an ever underlying tension that things would fall apart. There was a lack of trust, from both, and that made things difficult. She had no reason to distrust, but her own deceptions made her skeptical of goodness.

No calls since he had gone. No updates, no news. Only the one piece of tragic information. That Alexander Raven had been involved in a freak accident aboard an aircraft carrier, and was currently missing. Spreading himself thin, following these extra curriculars. They were killing him, and she could do nothing. Nobody had any news for her. Nobody could tell her a thing. She’d made the emergency plans to fly out to Bermuda. To get a ticket onto the ship and to demand that they tell her what was happening. One night of happiness is all they had.

Bag packing, preparing. There was many more important things to do than that which Alex would be telling her. “Focus on Seleana.” She could hear the words in her head. The vitriol in them, the venom in the anger. There was few things in this world that could upset Alexander Raven, but forsaking oneself for the sake of another. That bothered him beyond everything else. Altruisim, selflessness. These were virtues of saints, and they were not. But one night of happiness, was not enough. One night of happiness was at all going to be all she would get. If they wouldn’t tell her, she would find out. If they didn’t know, she would find out. Nothing would stop Luna Vanity from seeking the person she wanted.

Her phone buzzed, someone calling. She looked at the screen. LEXI-BABY displayed on the screen. Her heart soared, and she picked it up answering instantly. The other side of the line was uncomfortably loud. The background sounds were horrendously off-putting. Industrial almost.

“Alex?”

“Hello love bug.”

Something caught in her throat. The voice… she knew that voice. That wasn’t Alex, but they were part of their world too. Ghosts couldn’t speak, yet this ghost had made a phone call. This was not possible. This wasn’t real.

“Don’t worry, sweet angel. Our little bird boy, he is okay. Well. He’s alive, at least. Okay is probably a stretch. But he’s alive. Maybe a little bit delusional, but alive nonetheless.”

Truth
Scene Two | On-Camera

“Poetic.”

A dingy little hotel room. The blinds drawn, a shimmer of light slipping through. The waft of cigarette smoke hung heavy in the air, illuminated by the small stream of light. Luna was sitting on a chair, cigarette hanging loose from her lips. An ash tray lay in front of her, half filled with crushed cigarette butts. Her eyes were hidden beneath a shadow that lay across her features, obfuscating her expression.

“Poetic, is a nice way to think about these things don’t you think, lover? There is many things in this world that can be chalked up to coincidence. Chalked up to fate. Chalked up to an outcome pre-determined by a greater entity. I am not a believer in fate, per say. No I am far more a believer in human action. In patterns and outcomes that can be seen as a result of knowing how people and things react. Yet the more I chase these lines of logic, the less clear they become. The more I think I can understand people, the more they surprise me. There’s an interesting coincidence that lays before us, however. I am, but a simple servant. You see, Seleana, I am pointed and I act. I show love, and in turn receive hatred. Vitriol. Anger. Vanity is a scorn upon the lives of those who refuse to accept themselves. Vanity is my own undoing it seems. I think myself immune from the world. I think myself immune from the petty squabbles of the lesser who act upon their own ways of fate. Words is what they are, Seleana baby. Words. I am nothing but fucking words at the best of times, and I lose myself to them. A trickery of the mind, and a teaching of a man who understands them. I am not well-educated, well thought and articulate. I am not eloquent, I am not a master of the tongue. Phrasing, I know.”

“No what I am Seleana, is an angry fucking bitch. Someone who is sick to death of doing what I think I need to, and ready to do what I fucking want to. Pretending to be something grander for the sake of fitting an image that I don’t even actually know if people want. If people need. I am tired of needing to be more than I want to be, yet lesser than I am. Poetic is what lays before us sweetheart, and poetry is what you will get. Raw, guttural and unapologetic poetry. What lays before us, some would say is a message of fate. What I say it is, is a sick fucking joke. I beat Crystal’s ass to win my first ever championship here in Sin City. A match nobody gave me a rats chance of winning. Yet I walked in, determined and focused. And took her sweet little face, planted it into the mat. Leapt to the skies and slammed down on her. One… Two… Three. Done, bell rings, I am the Queen of Fate. Shocking to the world, shocking to you I am sure. Shocking to all involved. Yet the powers that be, took that as a slight on them. Threw me to Jessie Salco. Threw me to the cow that still moos at the top of the world, acting as if anything she does mean jack shit. No, Jessie Salco took my lack of focus, and used it. Veteran instinct she’d call it. What I call it, is a load of horse shit.”

Anger. Luna’s worlds were all filled with venom and anger. Pain laced her tone, her mind seemingly elsewhere even with the focus. Cigarette extinguished, another placed to her lips. The flick of the lighter, the snap of flame. The tip flaring red as it ignites, and she breathes in deeply. Leaning forward, her hair falls across her face and shoulders. A knotty tangled and tousled mess. Bed head to the extreme. The tap of free fingers across her thigh.

“I made a mistake, I can admit that. What baffles me, is the arrogance of the experienced elite. Calaway to this day likes to pretend that my win over her was a result of extenuating circumstances. The only extenuating circumstance, is that on that night I was better. That I out-thought the veteran, and her anger blinded her. So confident, she fell. But it is a plight of the experienced. That beating the youthful is a fault of their own youth. That they are not on the same mental playing field. The arrogance of it is baffling, even to me. But the arrogance is what makes them feel like they matter. Jessie on her retirement tour, assuming that a single person will even have a second thought about her once she hangs the boots up. No, Salco is attempting to elicit the final bit of love that people can give in a validation attempt of her own ineptitude. Her ineptitude being a career built on the back of hoping for the failings of the other. Of ever seeking a greater experience of the lesser, and in turn, pretending that she knows a damn thing. Do you see the poetry here, Seleana? I took from you, what I gave to that cow. I took from your plates and gave to the unworthy. Fate is what they would call it. Destiny. That her loss will come as a result not of Calaway, who will come up short again. Not as a result of your wife, Crystal. Who lives on chaos and disruption. And not at your hands, as you fail to stand upon the peak once more. No, Seleana. The end of Salco comes at my hands, and that is a fact. That is not up to question, that is not up to pretend. That is not a delusion or an empty claim. It is a fact. I am the future of Sin City. I am the one who all the eyes fall upon wishing for success and failure in equal levels. To see me fall, they cheer. To see me rise, they beg for someone to be better. I am better than you, Seleana. I am better than Calaway. And by the end of all this, I will be fucking better than Jessie fucking Salco.”

Slowly she gets to her feet, taking long and slow drags on the cigarette. Slowly walking towards the curtains, pushing them aside. She is illuminated in the sunlight now. A small white crop, black skinny jeans. Bare-faced, and eyes bleary. An angrier image than the one previously, but a heartbroken woman all the same. Tear stained cheeks, red eyes. Luna was suffering a mental anguish, that betrayed the confidence of her mouth.

“Good things never last.”

A Real Ghost
Scene Three | Off-Camera

“How’ve you been, love bug? I’ve missed you ever so dearly.”

“You’re dead.”

“Rumours of my self-inflicted demise may be a little overstated.”

She paced the room, placing the phone on the table. Putting it on speaker. Her eyes fixated on the screen. Why did he have Alex’s phone?

“Now, unfortunately sweetheart. I have made some… decisions, that directly involve each other. You all made a decision for me. Your thick headed and simple minded brother, for one. Put a gun to my forehead and told me to leave. Told me to leave all of my friends behind and never come back. I think a bit of an overreaction, don’t you? It’s not my fault if Alex cannot keep people entertained.”

A pit was forming in her stomach. There was never a time to wish death upon anyone. But right now, she wished this. That the man on the other end of the phone was as dead as they had all thought him to be. That Leon Trucose wasn’t still plaguing their lives.

“You are a fucking monster, Leon.”

Laughter. He was laughing at her. Laughing at them all really

“If I’m a monster, I don’t know what that makes you all. I’m not the one who reveled in the death of their own friend. I’m not the one who threatened to kill any of you, should you come back. Did you even shed a tear for little ol’ me when you thought it was all done and gone? I weeped for you, lover. I weeped every night at the mistakes I made. Regret filled my every waking thought. Yet here you are, all these years later. In the arms of the man you spoke horrifying things of. I almost wonder if you like the pain, sweet Lulu.”

“We mourned you, Leon. Despite everything, we actually fucking mourned you. We hid what you did from Alex, and we mourned you in our space. You are a fucking monster, Leon. Seriously, you are fucked up. You need help. But you also need to tell me where Alex is.”

“I really hoped you’d be a little nicer to me, Lulu. We were so good--”

“You almost fucking killed us, Leon. You took my life and put it at risk. We were not good. I was a stupid young girl, who liked the danger. But you are nothing but a fucking monster.”

Silence. The air hung heavy. This conversation couldn’t be happening.

He was dead.

“Alex’ll be on that aircraft carrier. Don’t you worry your pretty little fucking head. And at the end of all this. Each and every one of you will pay for the agony you put me through. Mark my words, Luna. I’ll take fucking everything from you. Starting with Alex. I liked him when he was angry.”

The line cut, hung up. Luna stared at her phone, and dropped. Collapsed to her knees. All she had done lately was cry. It might be why she wept so easily now.

The Truth
Scene Four | On-Camera

“The biggest thing for your Seleana. The biggest downfall for you, I should say, is that I am quite upset right now. Demons of my past. Of a shared past, have risen from the very grave itself to torment us. Distraction is the biggest danger, some would say. Dangerous to have my mind elsewhere. Dangerous to believe that other forces that take the mind away would be beneficial. Normally, I’d agree with you sugar. Hell, I probably still do. But the truth, things aren’t ever that straight forward. The truth? Things never go the way that we expect them.”

The sunlight was warm on her face, a slight smile. A hand placed against the glass, as she looked into the world beyond her smokey little hideaway. A slight wince, a furrowing of the brow.

“We stand here, on the precipice of it all. Two options lay in front of us. Salco or Calaway. Two options lay before us. Vanity or Zdunich. Poetry, fate and destiny. They all lead to one outcome. Vanity and Salco, one more time. Vanity and Salco for the Roulette Championship. Vanity and Salco in her last match. You, Seleana. You are naught but a fucking stepping stone on my path to proving myself. You are nothing but a stepping stone in proving that the youth of tomorrow has arrived, and the veterans of today are about to become the dirt beneath the boot of the betters. You Seleana are saddled with an unfortunate task. Lover, I don’t want to hurt you, but unfortunately. I fucking will. For that is what the world begs of us. No matter where the wheel lands, the outcome is certain.”

“At the end of our match at Violent Conduct IX. On the walls of Grand Ball Court themselves if it needs to be. Whatever which way it needs to go, the outcome remains that same. Luna fucking Vanity. Luna fucking Pasilno, will be the bitch that stands tall at the end. And I will be the one to change everything. Mark my fucking words Seleana. You are just an obstacle in that path.”

A clenched fist, the smashing of flesh against glass.

Shards fly, the sunlight of the world suddenly extinguished. The clatter of glass on the floor.

Luna is standing beneath a single swinging bulb. A small silhouette of light cast around, her shadow spreading in a circle around her.

“It is time for us all to wake up. Your end is coming, Seleana. All that matters now, is where the wheel lands.”

And then.

Darkness.

Silence.

Nothing.

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 10:29:21 PM »
Off-Camera

Saturday, August 18, 2023
Common Room
Shieldmaidens Clubhouse
New Egypt, New Jersey
10:11 AM  EDT

This was a trip that was probably a long time coming.

Given that SCW and Seleana Zdunich had been out of the country for a while now, the extra week before the supercard in Mexico was both an opportunity and an excuse to fly to the other side of the country and avoid anything that had to with the possibility of bad weather or anything else in Southern California.

Seleana had made the trip to the Northeastern United States alongside her wives, Christina “Crystal Hilton” Zdunich and Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell-Zdunich, their daughter, Aurora Zdunich, and Aurora’s best friend, Juliet Warren. With a key to her middle sister’s penthouse in Manhattan, and her youngest sister’s place in Howell, New Jersey an hour and a half away, give or take based on traffic, Seleana had options for what to do and where to stay that did not involve spending money. With Jenni Taylor having moved back to New York City alongside her fiancé Matt Robinson to be closer to his kids there and her cousin, Alexi “Storm” Zdunich-Priest, also living in Manhattan, that left them almost literally surrounded by family in the area.

Having visited with several of the New York City folks already, Seleana sits a chair next to a couch occupied by her sister-in-law and Shieldmaidens NJ President Olive Eavan “Sykobitty” Maloney. The Shieldmaidens here in New Egypt referred to themselves as “the Devil’s Doves” because as had been said nearly from the first day of the charter’s creation, “We do things differently in New Jersey.” Seleana looks around the clubhouse and nods to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: You finally look at home, ja?

Sykobitty sits back against the couch’s back and sighs.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: I’m getting there. Some days are better than others.

She nods at Juliet as the two twelve-year-old girls sit with the twelve-year-old stepson of the charter’s Vice President, J Pellegrini, discussing baseball.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: What’s her story?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: You know Kate and Teddy, ja?

Sykobitty nods, almost as if saying, “You don’t need to say anything else” without actually saying a word out loud.

Seleana Zdunich: There have been many difficulties. Christina has always allowed her to come and go as if she were family from the second of Aurora’s arrival. Alex and I have been trying to allow her stability that way as well in our house given the lack of it in her own.

Sykobitty looks at the girl and smiles.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: From the looks of things she’s a trooper.

Seleana nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it is the truth. I do not know how she does it but for that children seem to be more resilient than us at times.

Sykobitty almost laughs.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: Really? You, of all people, are gonna sit there and say you aren’t resilient?

Seleana shrugs but Sykobitty will hear none of it.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: They’ve been trying to run you out of wrestling since you stepped in. People have been actively trying to end your marriage since before it started, and that doesn’t even start to take into account your wife’s activities and yet, here you are, displaying “the Zdunich Way” for all to see just like Nala does no matter what stupid shit I do…

Seleana shrugs again.

Seleana Zdunich: Kattunge has always been focused.

Sykobitty nods pointedly.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: It’s “the Zdunich Way.” Like I said, you’ve had people doing everything in their power to get rid of you when it comes to this business including one of your own bosses!

Seleana shrugs yet again.

Seleana Zdunich: And you do not?

Sykobitty almost laughs at the comparison.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: I have earned a lot of the bullshit thrown at me, same as Chrystalina has, the difference is I acknowledge my fuck-ups.

She pauses and looks down for a second.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: I have Nala and Addy to catch me when I’m dumb. In your house, you’re the one who does the catching so who catches you when they try to knock you off that wall?

Seleana ponders this question as silence falls between the two sisters-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: I have many who love me and hold me up.

She pauses to turn and look at Sykobitty in the eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: Yourself included.

Sykobitty.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: You give me way too much credit.

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: You take too much blame and too many hits on yourself. Look around you…

She points and then allows the point to circle around the whole building.

Seleana Zdunich: You are here. You have taken responsibilities. You help others. Would you have done this before?

Before Sykobitty can answer, Seleana presses on.

Seleana Zdunich: Could you have done this before?

Sykobitty just stares back as Selena nods firmly.

Seleana Zdunich: You do yourself injustice withholding credit for the work you have done on yourself.

Sykobitty can only shrug in response.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: You do the same in not allowing yourself to say you are a star in your house.

Caught off-guard, Seleana sits back in the chair with mouth agape.

Seleana Zdunich: I…

Now, it’s Sykobitty’s turn to press her sister-in-law.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: Tell me I’m wrong, Sel. Tell me you don’t look around your house and think of Chrystalina and Alex as the stars above you and that you're just the zookeeper who’s gotten lucky a couple of times?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I am fortunate, ja?

Sykobitty looks away.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: Dammit, woman, you’ve been a champion in three companies. Chrystalina’s gotten fired from that many it seems like and Alex is sitting at home watching over stuff there so how are you NOT a star?

He turns back to Seleana.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: How are you not THE star?

Seleana’s continued silence brings another Sykobitty knowing nod.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: How often do you have to play referee? Who makes the calls in the family to organize things? Who soothes things over with the kids? Who maintains contact back home?

Seleana looks down, seemingly almost ashamed. When her voice next comes, it’s almost inaudible.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag gör.

Sykobitty stares almost through her.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: I’m sorry, what did you say?

Seleana looks up at her sister-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: I do.

Sykobitty nods knowingly again.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: You’re a star, Sel, and it’s time you admit to everyone but especially to yourself. You’re not just the woman who came over here to play with a lioness. You’re so much more and I’m tired of people thinking they can just run over you because you’re too nice to tell them to fuck off already!

Seleana looks down and nods to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I have some thinking to do before Mexico, ja?

Sykobitty nods in return.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: Ja.

Seleana looks at Sykobitty and nods to her gratefully.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig.

Sykobitty smiles back at her.

Olive Eavan "Sykobitty" Maloney: Jag älskar dig också. 

On-Camera

Friday, August 4, 2023
Penthouse of Zenna Zdunich
Manhattan
New York, New York
10:01 PM  EDTLocal Time

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on the couch in the living room of the apartment. She sits forward and nods to herself more than anything else.

Seleana Zdunich: Violent Conduct, ja?

He nods slightly to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: This is when I need to be…

She sighs, exhaling heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: It is almost funny that I speak with her this weekend. She tell me I need to change the way I think about things and she is the one many of us have tried to help over the years.

A small smile comes across Seleana’s face that seems to belie her demeanor.

Seleana Zdunich: We call her… Krigare…

She turns and nods to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Warrior.

The smile fades as quickly as it had arrived.

Seleana Zdunich: She tell us she like that name but eventually it take on life of its own and became an anchor, an albatross around her neck and now…

Seleana nods to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Now I come to Violent Conduct against a woman named Vanity…

She shakes her head in disgusted disbelief.

Seleana Zdunich: That name could have been so many people that have come through the door of SCW. So many who see themselves as greatness personified.

Seleana nods knowingly to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I am married to one, ja?

She nods again, this time in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Well, she is not here any longer. She took her talents elsewhere which is not an unusual thing for her as she gives many places a go and spreads herself thin.

Looking of to the left, Seleana becomes distant and seemingly lost in her thoughts.

Seleana Zdunich: Many do.

She nods to herself and then looks into the camera again.

Seleana Zdunich: Many here in SCW see themselves as a star, if not THE star. They consider everyone else beneath them, just as Luna Vanity does, ja?

She pauses, a rush of memories flooding back as she mentally goes down the list of people she has in SCW in the last few years.

Seleana Zdunich: I cannot count how many times I have been told this.

She almost laughs despite herself.

Seleana Zdunich: It was like Krigare told me, people have been saying this to me since day one, way back in L.A.W. They got louder here in SCW and have continued everywhere else I have competed. It is so common as to mean naming yourself Vanity is almost…

Seleana shakes her head again.

Seleana Zdunich: Tråkig.

She looks up into the camera

Seleana Zdunich: It is almost boring. I am tired of hearing that from everyone and thinking it makes them special when it just makes them like almost everyone else that has ever walked through that door!

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: I would say I am sorry to inform you that you are not special but I am not sorry to say that because it is the truth.

Shrugging, Seleana stands up before the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: It does NOT make you special to say such things. It means you make hens out of feathers just like the majority of those that talk just to hear their own voice do.

She looks into the camera, questioning the very idea of Luna Vanity.

Seleana Zdunich: Who are you, Luna Vanity?

Her head cocks slightly to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: What sets you apart from anyone else that has ever faced me with that thought set out before we ever get in the ring together?

She nods, her head moving back into a more upright posture as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: You won the Roulette Championship here, ja?

A small smile comes across her face showing slight amusement.

Seleana Zdunich: As I recall, you won it off my wife and then lost it two weeks later to Jessie Salco, who is now getting ready to face Alexandra Calaway for it.

She takes a step back, as if the joke is almost too much.

Seleana Zdunich: Two weeks…

Seleana allows the amusement to dissipate before pointing accusingly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: So, your accomplishments say you are what everyone always said of me only I defended the championship with honor. I managed a real reign even with others telling me I did not deserve to have the opportunity in the first place and would obviously lose it right off because I did not belong in the ring and this would be the ultimate proof of that.

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: But it was not ultimate proof of that. It was proof that my World Bombshell Championship win was not a fluke whereas your title win seems to have proven that you are a hot air balloon that runs out of fuel quickly. Without the heat, the air cools and you lose altitude, momentum and standing!   

Seleana grimaces as if having just tasted something terrible.

Seleana Zdunich: We have both stood on the Roulette Championship pedestal before but you fell off quickly as if YOU were the one who did not belong there while I proved I did not suffer from acrophobia from the rarefied air of being a champion.

The disgusted look on seleana’s face intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: Given that, I must ask a question.

She shrugs almost sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: So you are Luna Vanity?

Her head cocks to tyhe right again as she lets the question out again.

Seleana Zdunich: What is it about you that truly sets you apart? What is it that makes you special?

Again, her head rises back into its original upright position.

Seleana Zdunich: That ring is a crucible and in it we burn away all the bullshit, all the impurities, all the hot air and window dressing until we are left with who the person really is. We find the truth and celebrate it when it is revealed while castigating it if it is simply exposed.

She points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I was exposed many times and yet I kept coming back until my truth was revealed whether anyone else liked it or not. Now we will battle for a chance to challenge the winner of Jessie and Alexandra and I am not afraid either way because I know min sanning, my truth, already.

Seleana nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: So I ask you, Luna, what happens if we seek your truth and it leaves you exposed as being less than what you say you are?

She glares into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: What happens if we seek your truth and it says you are not better than me?

Nodding, seleana points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: What happens if we seek your truth and you are exposed as not being as good as me? 

A smile crosses her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Let us find out together, ja?

The smile fades away again.

Seleana Zdunich: Mexiko säger välkommen till djunglen!

Her eyes harden as she stares through the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Welcome to the jungle, Luna, the hunt begins now!

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 08:49:17 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, August 25, 2023
Penthouse of Zenna Zdunich
Manhattan
New York, New York
8:01 AM  EDT

The key had come in handy.

She hadn’t planned on making this a multiweek trip but her wife, Christina “Crystal Hilton” Zdunich, had needed some extra time for a business deal and the family had been pleased to get to spend the extra time with her and the girls, Aurora Zdunich and Juliet Warren. Thank goodness that her sister, Zenna, had given each of the sisters a key to the penthouse should they need it.

The fact that Christina was willing to cover expenses had scored her some points as well even if it wasn’t necessary.

The penthouse had allowed Seleana to visit everyone in the area without the need for some other lodgings or imposing on any of the family be they the ones in Manhattan, Connecticut or New Jersey.

Seleana Zdunich: Where is Juliet?

Aurora nods back towards the back bedroom they’ve been sharing.

Aurora Zdunich: On the phone with Aunt Jenni.

Seleana nods, smiling to herself. Hearing that name come from her daughter was precious, especially given the recent revelations regarding Juliet’s family ties now as well.

Seleana Zdunich: Is it cute, ja?

Aurora nods her agreement.

Aurora Zdunich: Those two ladies at the clubhouse? Are they ok?

Seleana frowns.

Seleana Zdunich: Which two?

Pausing for a second, Aurora

Aurora Zdunich: Um, they were called Brick and Tuco?

Unfamiliar with the names, Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Did they wear colours like Aunt Olive?

Aurora nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Did they have all the patches?

Aurora pauses to think and then shakes her head.

Aurora Zdunich: I don’t think so.

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: They were likely squabs, it is what they call prospects who are not full members of the club yet.

Aurora frowns.

Aurora Zdunich: Why don’t they just call them prospects?

Seleana shrugs again.

Aunt Olive likes to do things her own way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not but they are always her way and that means if they do not work, no one else is at fault.

Aurora just stares back at her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: Does she do that so if there’s a screw-up, it doesn’t get on anyone else?

Seleana starts to nod but slows herself down.

Seleana Zdunich: Some, ja. She does it because she has learned she must shield herself and others from when bad things happen. There are shadows in her mind, like a murder of crows waiting to fly out sometimes and she tries to keep them on their perch but does things like this to buffer the rest of us if they should get loose.

Aurora nods slowly, taking it all in.

Aurora Zdunich: Aunt Olive isn’t a bad person but sometimes it seems like she thinks she is. Mommy too.

Seleana nods both with pride and sadness at the thought of both Olive and Christina’s issues.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, that is why we do what we do. They need reminding sometimes.

Aurora Zdunich: I love them!

Seleana smiles and hugs her daughter.

Seleana Zdunich: Me too.

Aurora embraces her mother before sighing out loud.

Aurora Zdunich: Brick and Tuco didn’t seem happy with themselves either.

Taken aback, Seleana shoots her daughter a sideways glance.

Seleana Zdunich: No?

Aurora shakes her head.

Aurora Zdunich: They were talking about people taking advantage of them and how they should have seen through vanity or something. How it led them down a bad path…

She trails off.

Aurora Zdunich: Do they mean drugs?

Seleana sighs.

Seleana Zdunich: It is probable that they did. If they are squabs, they might be a part of the program Aunt Olive runs to help people in trouble. It is one of the ways she is trying to give back and atone for bad things in the past.

Aurora frowns.

Aurora Zdunich: But she helps people. 

Seleana nods sadly as the two sit down together on the couch.

Seleana Zdunich: Sometimes the shadows do not allow the light to shine through. That is when we must remind her without blinding her.

Aurora

Aurora Zdunich: Mommy too?

Seleana nods

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Mommy too.

Aurora hugs Seleana again.

Aurora Zdunich: I want Mommy and Aunt Olive to be happy.

Seleana nods as she embraces her daughter in kind.

Seleana Zdunich: That’s me as well, Älskling.

She hugs her daughter, rubbing her on the head to try to soothe her.

Seleana Zdunich: That’s me as well.

On-Camera

Friday, August 25, 2023
Grand Ball Court of Chichen Itza
Yucatan
Mexico
9:01 PM  CST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on a folding chair she clearly brought with her in the middle of the grass. The chair has special pads on its legs to keep from messing up the field. Seleana nods to herself and looks up into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I can understand being upset about Alexandra Calaway dismissing you.

A small smile comes across her face.

Seleana Zdunich: It happens to me quite often, ja?

Sitting back in her seat, Seleana shrugs, her arms spread out wide.

Seleana Zdunich: You mention you try to make things poetic, make them bigger than they are and that you need to stop but…

Her arms return to their original places.

Seleana Zdunich:  You still keep doing it.

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: You want so much to be more than just who you are. You want to be that which others speak of in hushed tones.

She sits forward in her seat.

Seleana Zdunich: You want to be what many used to say about the Wolf’s Lair, or Alicia Lukas or Masque, or Roxi Johnson…

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: You want to be in that number because you care too much about what others think of you.

She pauses and then points accusingly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: But you would likely deny and dismiss this notion.

She nods pointedly, her hand dropping down to her lap again.

Seleana Zdunich: You would say that you do not give a fuck about what others think yet your very name tells the world otherwise.

Standing up, Seleana moves in a step.

Seleana Zdunich: You are Vanity in all the worst ways!

She points accusingly again.

Seleana Zdunich: You want therefore you should get, ja?

Her hand falls back out of the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: You want to be greatness, but more than that, you want to be THE greatness. You want to be what everyone talks about. You want to be…

She trails off.

Seleana Zdunich: You have already been a champion and rather than that being enough, rather than acting like it you walk around like you have not managed to do so yet and you should have been the second you walk in door.

Seleana nods as she points into the camera yet again.

Seleana Zdunich: Now you see the grind it is to show up every day and have to prove yourself over and over and over!

She sweeps her hand across the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: You do not have to like it but it is the truth!

She points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I have been here since 2018 and I am still proving myself!

Seleana nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: As is everyone else on the roster. The only difference is some of us accept that we need to do this and some, you, are so full of themselves that they think they should not have to.

Shaking her head, Seleana welcomes a look of disgust to her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Vanity means you think you should not have to but that process never ends. We are always in the crucible, always burning away so that we prove who and what we are after everything else is stripped away.

The camera zooms in on her face just a little.

Seleana Zdunich: Too often, you are so busy worrying about what others think that you are caught with nothing on, naked in front of the world and you do not like it, ja?

She nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Be careful, or Vanity will cost you again!

She turns and walks over, snatching the chair with her as she goes.