Author Topic: Walk this way....  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
Walk this way....
« on: July 28, 2023, 12:13:17 PM »
The camera fades in to Ben Jordan standing with his phone to his ear. He can be seen somewhere outside, the sun shining down on him and the noise of a background crowd can be heard talking around him.

"I'm telling ya ginge." He said down the phone with a laugh. "I'm almost there. I said I would get to the half way point before you did and of course I mean it cause I don't lie."

Ben paused for a second as he listened to the reply presumably from Sam Marlowe.

"Oh that wasn't a lie." Ben said with a smile. "that was a half truth."

He listened again to what Sam had to say.

"Well the other half was...." he stopped and tapped his chin. "Well, it doesn't matter, it was a long time ago. you just stop your rabbiting or I'm gonna be at the half way point long before you."

He waited for Sam's reply.

"Uh uh." He responded. "See you soon ginge!"

Ben pressed a button on the phone and slid it back in to his pocket as he looked at the camera.

"Alright people." He said with a smile. "Ben Jordan here and today, we're on The Great Wall of China!"

The camera zoomed out to show The Great Wall of China before zooming back in on Ben as he smiled and looked around the tourists moving around him.

"So here I am, on The Great Wall itself, and you're probably wondering what that call was about." He said "Well, that was Sammi, and we had a bet, if I started at one end and she started at the other, I'd get to the halfway point before she did, so that is exactly what we're gonna do and as it's a lovely day here, I thought we could walk and talk being as I ain't too far away from the halfway point, so we can have a little chat about my upcoming match on Sunday, so let's do that shall we?"

Ben pointed his arm towards the direction he was set to walk and started to move.

"First off, I need to say sorry to all you lovely people in Jordan that expected me and Oliver Zahn to be in the ring last week, but I came down with a weird bug, high temp, all of that and no one wanted to catch my lurgies so I ended up not being able to show up, a big sorry to you too Oliver, but good things come to those who wait and a week later, we are good to go are we not?"

Ben nodded as he kept walking.

"Well I'm now lurgy free and ready to get at it." Ben said with a smile. "And with a little extra motivation to boot too. Motivation in the form of a little balancing out thing, because last week, Sammi took the hit against Eiley and me losing this one would mean psychologically, I would but bollocksed if I lost against you Oliver. Two single wins over us would mean no one would give us a chance, no one would think we could stand up to facing you. We'd have lost before Violent Conduct had even rolled around and I don't like that thought at all."

A group of tourists looked towards Ben, talking amongst themselves and pointing at him. Ben gave them a friendly nod before walking on.

"It's really difficult to talk about you Oliver, because although you've been here a bit, it's hard to really pin you down, work out who you are." Ben admitted. "I mean the obvious comparisons you're getting to Kris Ryans should be a compliment. I've been on the opposite side of the ring to Kris on a couple of occasions and the man is absolutely mint, so big, big compliments there, but I don't look at you that way, no offence or anything but I see you as your own man, I just can't work out what kinda man that is at the moment and that is more then annoying for me, so I gotta take away the personal side and look at the you in the ring side."

Ben stopped for a second to look at the scenery around him.

"You've proved you're one hell of a wrestler already." Ben said seriously. "You've shown more in your short time here then most have in years here and that's a hard thing to derail, it's a tough thing to overcome because you're very unpredictable, you're overly confident but can seem to back it up and you got that gold around your waist to prove it. You beat some great teams for that gold when me and Sammi didn't get through the first qualifier, we had to go and win a secondary one to even get to Violent Conduct, so you're ahead of us there too but this is where great comebacks are made, this is where fires get lit in me and I have to push myself a little harder then I have done in the past. It's no secret at all that I won't be doing this whole wrestling thing too much longer, it's no secret that I only have one goal left here in SCW and that's to hold a championship I have never held before. That would be that championship you hold with you Oliver."

Ben turned and continued to walk.

"They say motivation is hard to find when you've seen it all, done it all, been up the top and not had to worry." He said with a shrug. "They say it's difficult to find a reason to fight on when you're a bit aimless, but I'm not aimless right now. I'm looking at your titles and thinking this is my end goal, my push to the end, my end game and that is giving me all the motivation I need and I need to be sending out that message to you loud and clear that I'm coming with every intention to take those belts and it starts with me getting in your dome, by beating you. It starts with me showing you that I am capable of beating you."

Ben smiled as he moved past a small crowd and looked up at disbelief.

"I knew I shouldn't have let her pick what end to start at." Ben said with a sad shake of his head. "I bet I got the side with all the hills on purpose."

Ben continued to walk, starting to climb one of the hills in front of him.

"Anyway, back to the rabbit I was having." He said. "Battles are won before people even raise a sword and me winning this one will do just that, it will strike a blow before the big match even starts and that's what I'm aiming for, that is what I'm after. I'm after making you think about what's going on, I'm after making you think there's life in this old dog yet, because there really is life in this old dog. Me winding down is a personal decision, not because I'm past it, because I'm over the hill and heading to the geriatric home, nah mate, it's me picking my time to do things on my terms and my terms include those lovely belts, my terms include putting on a show for these good people who have paid to see us on Sunday, these terms are about going out with a smile so everything I do from now on, it's gonna be with a big grin on my boat."

Ben pointed to his face, showing that boat was Cockney rhyming slang for face.

"And I am gonna have the biggest smile on my boat after our match on Sunday, because my hand will be raised and in terms of how we go in to Violent Conduct, it would be me scoring the equalizer, no longer one nil to you, I will pull it back to one all with everything to play for in a few weeks time. Thing is, this one is lesson for you, I'm gonna learn all I can from this match, but in a few weeks, I won't be coming to play."

Ben made it to the top of the hill, taking a few minutes to catch his breath, but a young boy ran towards him.

"Ben Jordan!" the young boy yelled out.

Ben instantly picked up on the boys American accent as his parents quickly moved towards him.

"I'm so sorry." His mother said as she looked at Ben.

"It's no worries at all love." Ben replied with a cheery accent.

"You're his favorite wrestler." His dad told Ben. "We came on vacation here, and he saw the show advertised and now we're going to be in the crowd."

Ben smiled at the boy and nodded towards his parent.

"That's great mate." Ben replied with a smile on his face. "I dunno if you've seen us live before but we put on a hell of a show."

"We've never seen a show live before." The mother admitted. "But he's excited."

"I made a sign with your name on." The boy said to Ben with a huge smile on his face.

Ben tussled the kids hair and smiled back at him.

"I'm gonna make sure I look out for it." Ben said with a nod.

"Would you mind if we took a picture?" The father asked Ben. "I know some wrestlers have been pissy at that lately."

Ben smiled at the man and nodded his head.

"I've always got time for pictures." Ben said as he crouched down next to the kid.

Both the kids parents pulled out phones and start snapping away at Ben and their son, their son smiling widely at Ben and then the camera. Ben stood up.

"Thank you." The mother said warmly.

"Not a problem." Ben said with an appreciative nod. "Enjoy the show on Sunday."

Ben nodded and turned around to walk on, looking back down the camera.

"This is why I do what I do Oliver." Ben said firmly. "This is why I got the motivation and the good guy persona, because I do it for them. I do it for the fans who put money in our pockets and I hate to disappoint them, so I won't be disappointing them. I will be giving it my all to make sure that I walk out as a winner, I will be doing that for that kid, and for every kid that wants to see me beat you, I'll be doing it for every kid who wants to see me win that championship from you at Violent Conduct."

Ben walked down the hill to the halfway point, only to see Sam Marlowe waiting for him and tapping her watch.

"What the bloody hell?" Ben mutters as he approaches her.

"What took you so long?" She asked with a cheeky smile.

"I erm..." Ben stuttered out. "You had a skateboard or something to get here before I did, right? Or a scooter?"

Sam shook her head.

"You're just getting slower." She told him.

"I am not..." He said with a firm shake of his head. "But just a sec."

Ben turned his head towards the camera.

"I'll see you on Sunday Oliver. I'll be the guy they announce as the winner." Ben said with a wave of his finger. "Have a good un you lovely lot and I'll catch ya soon."

Ben winked down the camera.

"Laters people!" He said before turning back to Sam. "Now seriously, how did you get here before me?"

And with that, the camera faded out.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen