Author Topic: Indiana Kasey and The Kingless Throne  (Read 1260 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Indiana Kasey and The Kingless Throne
« on: July 21, 2023, 11:42:29 PM »
Unveiling the Rivalry
Rome, Italy

Amidst the bustling backstage chaos in Rome, Miles Kasey found himself waiting for Carter, the man he loved and supported through thick and thin. As he stood there, anticipation and pride swelling within him after Carter and Ari's stellar performance and victory over the Barnharts, he couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment.

However, his tranquility was short-lived as he glanced at a nearby screen displaying the upcoming events. His eyes widened in disbelief as he read the announcement for the next stop on the Wonder of the Worlds Tour: Amman, Jordan:

King For A Day Qualifier
Miles “Milo” Kasey vs. Austin James Mercer

The words seemed to jump off the screen along with their graphics, taunting him, and stirring up a whirlwind of emotions he thought he had buried, after all the last time he came face to face with Austin was back in May. His heart raced, memories of their turbulent recent history flooding his mind.

The last time they were in the ring together, they both sought to dethrone the then-champion Michael Harris, but neither had succeeded. Afterward, there were no let bygones be bygones, there was no ‘hug it out’, and a promise was made by Miles to the man that did everything but attack his family, to face each other again, one on one.

Don’t worry Austin, we’ll get our time. I want you in that ring at 100 percent and I know you want the same. We need to both show a tiny bit of patiences bruv....above all else that is something that I have had to pick up on since I even started. Pick your moments, enjoy your time and above all else, never stop evolving. Thanks for the match tonight, and I look forward to the next round. I promise, next time, I won’t miss.

Miles could hardly believe that the day had finally come. Austin, once a trusted ally and fellow Wolfslair member, had become a formidable foe, and the animosity between them ran deep.

Seeing the match displayed on the screen made it all too real, and a mix of anger and determination surged within him, he could feel his whole body buzzing alive with anticipation. After almost 3, maybe 4 months, he understood Austin's misguided intention of using his actions against Carter as a motivator, but Miles couldn't let that manipulation stand unchallenged.

As the truth sank in, he felt an urgency to confront the whole situation, to face the issues that Austin had created and had frayed the fabric as it were, and threatened to crack the very foundation of Wolfslair. But above all, there was an overwhelming desire to prove to not only himself and Austin, but to everyone else that he wouldn't be derailed by personal animosity, even if it meant going against his former friend and someone Miles considered a mentor.

His initial sense of contentment was replaced by a fierce resolve. Miles realized that he couldn't simply confront Austin before the match, it’s not what either of them wanted anyways. There was much more at stake than just a spot in the King of the Day match. This was an opportunity to heal wounds, mend the rift, and possibly find a way to rekindle the friendship they once cherished. He would have to take Austin to the absolute limit because that was the one language that they both spoke. Beating the fucking hell out of one another.

He took a deep breath and began to map out a plan. He needed to prepare himself mentally and physically for this long-awaited confrontation. He knew he couldn't ignore the past, but he was determined not to let it define the future. He decided to use the time leading up to the match to reflect and strategize, and he hoped that Carter would understand that over the days leading to the match, he would have to put his whole focus into this match.

As if the powers heard his thoughts, his phone rang out with a notification. Looking down he smiled as he got a message from Carter, asking for his whereabouts. Truth be told, since he saw the graphic that highlighted the match, he had mindlessly began to wander and when he looked up, he had turned around, not 100% sure where he actually was.

He decided to send out a voice message, “So, I don’t know exactly how, but I ended up in an empty part of the arena. So give me about 10 minutes, and wait for me in catering. If I’m not there by then, send out the search party.

Another notification came across and it was in the form of a voice message from Carter himself, he playfully answered, “Well I could always find you...

No, love. No need for you to get lost in this place too and we don’t need to get arrested for anything lewd.” Miles laughed, “Bad enough we’ll have to deal with that this coming week.

I am hurt and appalled that you’d think that, but fair. 10 minutes on the clock, get here quick before Ari picks the restaurant.

On my way, love.

With each step he took, he could feel that determination grow stronger. He knew this match could be a turning point in their rivalry, but it required careful thought and consideration. Miles needed to be ready to face his own demons and confront the issues that had led them to this moment.

As finally got back into the land of the living, he walked through the bustling backstage area, he couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions—nervousness, excitement, and a glimmer of hope. He knew that by the time the match arrived, he would be mentally and emotionally prepared to face Austin, not just as an opponent, but as someone he once considered a brother.

Indiana Kasey and The Kingless Throne

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting an amber glow over the breathtaking landscape of Amman, Miles Kasey and Carter sat together, enjoying the tranquil beauty of Jordan. They had settled down in their hotel room after a day of exploring the ancient city, and now they were immersed in one of Miles' favorite movies—Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The familiar theme music created by John Williams, filled the room and Miles found himself captivated by the adventurous tale unfolding on the screen. As he watched Indiana Jones, portrayed by Harrison Ford, navigate treacherous challenges and unravel ancient mysteries, a sense of enjoyment washed over him as he occasionally glanced over at Carter who was equally engrossed in the movie.

Suddenly, as the movie reached its iconic scenes in the hidden temple, Miles felt himself being dragged into exhaustion and a strange sensation came over him. He blinked, and for a moment, the room seemed to fade away, replaced by a vast desert landscape.

He found himself standing in the heart of Petra, dressed not in his regular attire but in the rugged and iconic outfit of Indiana Jones. His leather jacket, fedora, and whip completed the transformation, making him feel like a true adventurer.

"Indiana Kasey....okay then." he muttered with a grin, relishing the absurdity of the situation.

He slowly crept through, a sound catching his attention and forcing him to draw his gun that sat at his hip, for a brief moment. Cocking it back and taking slower steps around the corner where the noise was coming from. He turned the corner quickly and stopped when he saw a couple of large rats clattering through armor that was left behind a long time ago and dry bones from someone who fell pray to whatever traps laid ahead.

Rats, it’d figure. Always trying to creep their way through everything.” he said as he brought the gun back and holstered it safely.

As he explored the ancient city, he felt a rush of adrenaline. Every step he took, every obstacle he encountered, was thrilling. He scaled ancient walls, navigated hidden passages, and solved intricate puzzles, all with the charm and charisma of the legendary archaeologist.

In this dreamlike state, the boundaries between reality and fiction blurred. He swung across deep chasms, mirroring the movie's famous scene with the Holy Grail, but instead in its place was a crown.

“I have been waiting for you.” Miles heard. He pulled the gun out of the holster carefully and turned only to find himself face-to-face with the Knight Templar, guarding the sacred artifact.

The Knight curiously looked at him, “I intend no harm.”

Could have fooled me, you there with your broadsword,” Miles said, not trusting the old man for a moment.

“The prophecy spoke of you being unsure as to whom to trust. I can understand that, seeing as how rough your journey has been. But I am a simple guide for you.” the Knight looked pained after holding the sword up for so long. There would have been no way for him to swing it let alone attack our hero. Indiana Kasey, stood down quickly and helped the old man sit back for him to sit down, “We must make haste in what I must tell you. There are others that are on their way and I fear that they may ruin this chance.”

Kasey glances over and sees the crown, “I take it that’s not what I’m really in search of? The crown?

The knight simply nods, “Alas, that is just a ruse. Your goals are far more greater than a missing crown atop your head for the throne you have built yourself.” 

But as he stood before the crown, a moment of clarity washed over him. He looked off to the side and there sat another ‘Holy Grail’ of sorts, that SCW Championship that he had recently told others that he wasn’t sure if he was worthy. The dream was more than just a whimsical fantasy—it was a reflection of his own journey. Just like Indiana Jones, he was on a quest, facing obstacles, seeking treasure, and discovering the true meaning of his pursuits.

I’ve never felt worthy where others see my worth.” he said, glancing back to the crown, “I have been scraping by with the bare minimum for so long when it comes to my career. I’ve put in all this hard work for...what exactly?

“That, my son, is for you to figure out. The journeys we take are never as simple as stepping out and facing what we fear the most,” the Knight simply stated with a heavy breath. But something changed in the room, a sense of danger and doom, “You can continue to fight for those that you love but when will you begin to fight for you, boy?”

Miles looks up, the sweat from his forehead, running down his face, his blue-green eyes shimmering, not looking back, “All I need is one shot, and I promised that this time. I. WON’T. MISS!

We hear a roar from across the room, the knight obviously taking some more monstrous form and Indiana Kasey quickly unholsters his gun and whip all in one swoop and takes a quick aim and fires.

And just then the scream of Ilsa from the movie as she falls to her inevitable death wakes Miles up with a start. He’d only been asleep for about 20 minutes but it went unnoticed...at least he was pretty sure it did. He looked up at Carter who looked back at him.

Enjoy your cat nap, Indy?

Miles just groans, “Oh don’t tell me I’ve begun talking in my sleep.

Carter sits back and smiles at his boyfriend, “What would you say if I told you that you have been doing that a lot longer than just tonight?

It Always Comes Back Around

Inside a dimly lit room, Miles Kasey paces back and forth, his mind abuzz with thoughts of the upcoming match against Austin James Mercer. The tension is palpable, and his emotions are running high.

Alright, Miles, focus. This is it. The moment you've been waiting for, the clash with Austin. It's not just about a spot in the King of the Day match; it's about so much more.” he pauses for a brief moment, “It's about confronting the past, the hurt, the anger, and finding a way forward.

He stops pacing and looks into the mirror, staring at his reflection, as if trying to gather strength from within. Miles' eyes brighten with conviction, “We were brothers once, Austin and I, part of the same pack, the Wolfslair. But somewhere along the way, things fell apart. The bitterness, the resentment... It consumed us, and the bond we had was shattered.

He clenches his fists, remembering the pain of their falling out. He speaks softly, “Carter... he saw something in me that I couldn't see in myself. He helped me find my way back, to rediscover who I truly am. But Austin... he sees Carter as a distraction, a threat to our brotherhood and even strangely to my career because apparently we’re all supposed to suffer in a cloak of loneliness like he has.

He takes a moment to collect his thoughts, his determination growing. Miles' face shows resoluteness, “But I won't let this rivalry define us. I won't let it destroy what we once had. We need to talk, to lay everything out on the table, no holds barred. Maybe then, we can find a way to heal, to mend the cracks in our foundation.

Miles takes another deep breath, steeling himself for the confrontation, “I know it won't be easy. There will be anger, frustration, and pain, but we need to face it head-on. We can't keep running from our past, from our mistakes.

The Wolfslair means something to me, to us. And I won't let these petty differences tear it apart. Whether we walk out of that match as friends or foes, I'm willing to face the consequences.” He glances at the Wolfslair emblem on his gear, a symbol of their brotherhood. “Whatever happens, I'll do whatever it takes to protect what we once had. The bond that made us strong as a pack. We may not be on the same page now, but maybe, just maybe, we can find our way back to each other.

Miles takes one last look at the mirror, determination radiating off his entire being, “This match in Amman will be more than just a battle; it'll be a turning point. For myself, for Austin, and for Wolfslair. I'm ready to face whatever comes our way.

For a moment silence fills the room before a gust of wind comes out of nowhere and we see a familiar brown fedora fly in and come to a rolling stop right next to Miles' feet. He smirks and bends down and picks it up.

The adventure is the journey, it never ends. You can get everything you have ever wanted in life, all the money, all the gold. You can find the rarest of items that are the most precious in the world and the adventure continues even after it. I can beat you Austin and you could beat me.  Hell we could probably spill blood in the desert just to add to what has already fallen here, but I have already told you. And I’m going to beat it into your head, my next shot...

He places the fedora on the top of his head and smirks similar to the hero he represents.

I won’t miss.