Author Topic: COURTNEY PIERCE (c) v DEVONA - WORLD BOMBSHELL TITLE  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
COURTNEY PIERCE (c) v DEVONA - WORLD BOMBSHELL TITLE
« on: June 19, 2023, 07:20:58 AM »
Please post all roleplays here! Have fun and good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Devona

• View Profile
    • Devona
Re: COURTNEY PIERCE (c) v DEVONA - WORLD BOMBSHELL TITLE
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 07:33:59 PM »

“I really wish you boys had been able to make it.” Devona said with a tender sadness in her voice, as she laid down on the bed inside of her luxury cabin, one of each afforded to the men and women booked during this acclaimed Summer XXXTreme XI cruise. Devona had been on this event in times past, and she was always booked a comfortable room, but this time around she was guested inside one of the mini suites with a balcony just outside of a sliding door. She had thought that perhaps there had been some mistake or Gabriel and Odette Stevens played a hand in her getting one of the best suites for anyone who wasn’t a champion, but it wasn’t the case. She had even wondered privately whether or not James aka J2H had a hand in it but quickly threw that idea out of her head. This was simply how it worked during this event for the SCW hierarchy. Mark and Christian got the best suites, the champions were next, their challengers and so on down. Devona had reigned once upon a time as the Internet Champion of the Bombshell division , but this was the first time where she had been so close to the top of the food chain, and do you know something?

She felt like she could get used to it.

But for the moment she was feeling the pangs of a loneliness on this cruise, a feeling that she was all too familiar with. It was why she had found more time to seclude herself inside of this suite when she had nothing else to due where her SCW duties were concerned, and she had gone back to old reliable; namely calling her boys back home in New Orleans. She was sprawled out on her side, her head propped up in the palm of her hand while she gazed at the screen of her open laptop in front of her, and there was the unforgettable face of her “brother from another mother,” the gargantuan known as Beast. Not his real name, of course, but the last person who wasn’t family discovered and used his given name, well – let’s just say the rest is history. Hm?

“I wish we could have made it, too.” Beast said from his end of the video chat. “But I had work and I had already used my last vacation this year for Mama’s birthday week. My boss is great but I just couldn’t take another unpaid week off for a week-long cruise.”

Devona smiled, albeit with a touch of sadness she had resigned herself too.

“And that brother of yours?” Devona asked. “Couldn't our boy get some time off from that job you got him?” And by ‘that job’ she meant the male go-go dancing job Beast had tricked his dim-witted younger brother into working at a gay bar. All of this time and he still has yet to put two and two together and figure out why the women are always elsewhere and the guys in that club are such great tippers.

Devona then questioned, “He is still working there, right?”

“Yes, and I have to admit I think I pulled one over on myself.” Beast grumbled. “Damn brother of mine is pulling in more dancing there in one weekend than I do at my job in one week!” He shook his head as Devona just smiled, remembering how Beauty had innocently commented on how good a tippers the guys who go to this place were.

“But…” Beast went on to answer her question. “Beauty probably would have been able to go but you would have been busy with your duties promoting your big match and wouldn’t have been able to keep a very close eye on the dipshit. He was just as likely to get thrown overboard by the women as he would have been to get molested by one of those guys.”

“It’s not as bad as all that.” Devona reasoned, to which Beast acknowledged with a sigh. He then smirked, never a good thing when the subject of his brother was concerned. Beast went on to say, “Besides, he got a wrestling gig booked.”

“Wrestling?” Devona leaned up on the point of her elbow, her head no longer supported by her hand. “Beauty is wrestling and nobody told me???”

“Easy, Didi!” Beast laughed. “It’s not what you think! His boss at the ManHole booked is behind it. He added a male Mud Wrestling night at the club and he got Beauty to sign up for it.”

A bark of laughter escaped Devona before she could clap a hand over her mouth to smother the growing smile. She slowly lowered her hand, her lips pressed tightly together as she asked, “Does he know?”

“Didi, please.” Beast tilted his head to the side with ‘that’ look on his face, the same one that he wears whenever they’re discussing his brother’s arterial flow problem from above the neck. Beast said, “He’s been dancing on a stage in a rubber thong for over two years now with guys constantly reaching into his jock to stuff cash. If he hasn’t figured THAT one out yet, I don’t think this will faze him!”

Her eyes closed, Devona trembled slightly with the laughter she held inside. The bright, wide smile on her face was evidence enough of the mirth she felt, another reason she had to make the call. When she felt down, her boys could always find a way to cheer her up.

Devona said, “I imagine when the initial surprise wears off, he’ll think the mud is just good for his skin.”

“Yeah, that’s what Mama said too.” Beast acknowledged. He then said, “But c’mon Didi. I know we all wish Dipshit and I were there, but that’s no reason for you to keep yourself all holed up in your room.”

She all but rolled her eyes at her ‘big brothers' assumptions about her behavioral patterns and she said, “I am not holding myself up in my room!” To which Beast just stared at her and that one eyebrow slowly rose up in questioning disbelief.

“Didi…”

“Okay, maybe I am.” Devona finally yielded. “A little bit. But I still go out!”

“Yeah, when you’ve been scheduled by the bosses for an interview or to meet fans!” Beast shook his head. “And as soon as those activities are over, you’re right back into your room ordering room service or sneaking back into the corner of one of the room tables!”

Guilty as charged, not that she needed to admit to any guilt. She just said with a faux sense of indifference, “You don’t know me.” To which Beast countered with, “Didi, I know you better than you know yourself.”

Fact!

“Go on out!” Beast pressed. “Have some fun! If not with the fans, well there’s got to be some folks in SCW you can hang with! What about the GGG - an affectionate term Beauty had coined that Beast had (much to his chagrin) picked up as the GO Gym Gang.”

“Well, Carter and Ariana seem to be doing their own thing.” Devona mused as her eyes gave Beast pause to think she was mulling things over. “Plus Carter has his family with him on the cruise and Ari did just get married last week.”

“Did she?” Beast broke out into a smile that some would think uncharacteristic for a man his size. Some, but not to those who knew and loved him. He said gleefully, “Well good for her!”

“Aron and Fenris are on the ship.” She then contemplated. “Aron is a sweety but he’s busy with Zoey Lukas and keeping his brother wrangled. Besides…” She fidgeted before she admitted, “I always felt intimidated trying to talk to that fella. Although… I had considered asking him for a little help preparing for this match. I mean, he teamed with Courtney. He knows her in a sense so I thought if anyone outside of Jet City could help me…”

“Well there you go, then! But…” Beast then countered, “It can’t be all business, Didi. You have to have some fun too!”

“Where is that stated in my contract?” Devona joked, to which Beast smiled appreciatively. She then looked sideways in thought and said, “Maybe I’ll see how James is doing, see his family.”

“I suggest having fun and your answer is to visit J2H…” Beast looked heavenward as he shook his head.

“Don’t go there, dear.” Devona smiled, her eyes again. “I know I may not be James’s favorite – nobody really is. But he did open up – a LITTLE bit. He’s not so bad.” Beast just stared at her with a disbelieving quiet gaze. Devona huffed and rolled her eyes before she continued, “Okay, he’s an ass of the highest order, by his own admission! But… even if there’s a small crack in the wall, he’s tolerable.”

“If you say so!” Beast murmured, clearly not believing a word she was saying about her former tag team partner. Devona sighed, glancing up at the sliding glass doors and noting the sun was beginning to set down into the ocean waters.

“I suppose I best let you go.” Devona said with resignation. “I should go get ready.”

“For?”

Devona looked back at the screen and smiled, “You just told me to go have some fun and there’s a pool party tonight once the stars come out so…” She shrugged. “I think I can manage!”

“That’s my girl.” Beast smiled, gifting her with a wink for his ‘little sister’. They exchanged their pleasant goodbyes for the night, Devona blowing him a kiss before closing the laptop. She groaned lightly as she forced herself to her feet and looked outside at the darkening sky.

“Well SCW…” Devona said as she kicked off her high tops. “Let’s see if this girl has it in her…”

And just over an hour later… Devona broke through the crowd at poolside where the party was in full swing for both fans of the SCW Universe, as well as the Bombshells and Superstars! And heads turned as this was most definitely NOT the tomboyish Devona that they had grown accustomed to, but a striking figure made up and wearing a glimmering black mini dress, slit up the thigh and matching high heels.

She all but strutted past as heads turned with admiring expressions, the beat of the music almost perfectly matched to her walk as she headed toward the bar. Beast wanted her to have some fun before her big title match this coming Sunday…

It was time to prove to her ‘big brother’ that she was more than capable!

“So here’s the thing. Life isn’t fair. There you have it, lesson learned. Goodbye. The end. Class dismissed.”

2013 Blast From the Past champion and the current number one contender for the World Bombshell title, Devona, stood beneath the starry sky on deck of the Princess Cruise. Most passengers had called it a night by this time, and she was all but alone save for a few spotted here and there. Devona paced along the rail, her arms wrapped around her upper body as her chestnut brown eyes looked out over the black waters that reflected the stars above.

Devona leaned her hands on the edge of a table and stared directly at the camera.

“Simple, yes? I know, it’s something that everyone has heard at least once in their lives, and I can say from personal experience that there are a number of people who might have heard it, but have never really taken it to heart. They think things like ‘so life isn’t fair but why isn’t it ever fair in my favor?’. That right there is a little something called the ‘Woe Is Me’ act, and we’ve all been through a mild case or two of it because, well that’s life. We don’t always get what we want from life and when we don’t, we imagine slights as the cause against us. We find any reason that we can for being in the spots we find ourselves, rather than accept that sometimes…”

She held up a hand, forestalling any potential objections.

“Sometimes – it is nobody’s fault but our own. I should know. I find myself in something of the same boat as we speak – pun intended considering the fact that we’re on a cruise. You see, ever since James and I became the 2023 Blast From the Past Champions, I was looking forward to nothing more than facing Roxi Johnson for the Championship this coming weekend at Summer XXXTreme XI. Some people have criticized her for not doing enough to hype the championship or the Bombshell division itself, and there were times I was one of those people. But, faults aside, Roxi is and remains one of the single most heralded women on the Bombshell roster – period. You might not agree with everything the woman says or does, but you can not deny her success rate inside of the six-sided ring.”

“I should know first-hand. I had been a critic of sorts of her but then look at who I got saddled with as my tag team partner this year. None other than J2H himself – the former “Brat Prince” of Sin City Wrestling. Only he remains a Brat in character, but he has risen from Prince to King where it matters most in his career. You go out and find me one man – one – who has accomplished half of what J2H had accomplished throughout his active career.”

She shrugged.

“You can’t, and do you know why? Because there is no man quite like J2H. He might have been born into wealth, but he busted his butt to earn his spot in wrestling history. And no, it wasn’t always like that. He – wasn’t always like that. He started off his career as a joke, a literal joke to any serious wrestling enthusiast. He thought he could just strut into an SCW ring with his skinny ass and buy his path to success. Only – it didn't work out that way. When he first started, he was little more than an opening act. A JTTS (Jobber To The Stars) if you will, and when he suffered those losses, he could see no fault of his own. At least, not at first. It didn’t take all that long before James grew tired of being a joke and he wanted to succeed legit and he did the one thing he never had to do before; he cast aside his wealth and ego and he worked for it. James went back to square one as a student of the game and there was simply no looking back. Tag tam titles. Singles gold! The longest reign as World Champion in SCW history! Hall of Fame! Multiple Year End Awards! That is the man that the ‘Brat prince’ rose to be, from out of relative obscurity. Now, by now you have to be asking yourself what J2H has to do with me and where I find myself on Sunday. Well, I’m coming to that.”

“It’s all a matter of perspective, of respect due. I admit that when I got paired with J2H, I groaned. I looked for a way out or to trade partners with someone – anyone. And you know something? Had I done so successfully I would have looked back on 2023 with nothing short of regret. Because I might not have wanted to deal with his ego or his attitude, but I was being exposed to someone who has really been there before, someone that wanted to succeed more than I did, and that reason alone was enough for HIM to push ME to get even better. And THAT is where I find myself this coming weekend!”

“Courtney, girl I applaud you. I have to. When you and Fenris won the 2018 Blast From the Past, the two of you made history because you were two legit rookies making your wrestling DEBUTS! That tournament, those matches, were the very first times either of you set foot inside of a wrestling ring, and you succeeded. No, you did more than succeed. You exceeded any and all expectations for what to expect from two students who graduated from Jet City and the GO Gym, my own alma mater. You two beat opponents with more experience, former champions in their own right. When few actually expected the two of you to make it out of the opening round, you two won the whole. Damn. Thing!”

Devona then applauded Courtney, clapping her hands together. First quickly, but then she slowed down until the applause stopped entirely.

“And then…?”

Hands tucked in her jean short pockets, she shrugged.

“That’s pretty much where your momentum ended. Fenris went on to become the World Champion, and is second only to J2H where reigns are concerned. You …? Disappeared. Now granted, you had an excuse. You suffered an injury that some people wondered if you’d ever make it back from, and obviously you did. But at the time, it was as if you had fallen off the face of the earth and ghosted everyone in SCW; both fans, peers and staff alike. I’m sure a few people knew about your whereabouts, but to the majority it was as if you had never existed. The young woman who so many believed would be the next big thing – wasn’t. You didn’t call, you didn’t write… you know you could give a person a real complex for not keeping in touch. You could have been laying in a ditch for years but I imagine there was no phone in the ditch. But then, from out of nowhere…”

She separates her clasped hands and mimics an explosion,

“Poof! Your name begins to creep up again. First on social media as a side piece for your now-wife, then you begin making your own presence felt with your own posts and tweets until it ultimately happens – you signed a shiny new contract with SCW. You entered the Blast from the Past and even though you didn’t go the distance, it was enough to show the higher ups I suppose just why you were so highly regarded for your last run around the block. And it might have taken five years, but you did it girl. You beat the woman to become the woman. Would the same thing have happened five years ago had you not ended up injured at the hands of Kris Ryans? Who knows? It really isn’t healthy to dwell too long in the past. This is the present, and sugar, you are the reigning World Champion. But…”

She held up a forefinger to stall.

“But… what have you really done since becoming champion? What have you accomplished? What have you done to truly make the Bombshell Championship rise to where it once was?”

Hands now pressed down on the surface of the table, Devona leaned over at the waist to stare directly into the camera.

“Absolutely nothing! You spent all that time talking down about Roxi Johnson as both a champion and a competitor. You totally and completely disregarded her role as a locker room leader, and look at you now. You beat her, and then you became her. Did you celebrate your title win with pomp and circumstance on the next show like most new champions before you? You did not. Did you honor the women that came before you, that held the very same title that you now wear around your waist? You did not. Did you discuss your plans for the future with the title, possible new horizons you wanted to climb and women you wanted to defend against? Well if you did then I must have been asleep and missed out on the whole thing because I saw you do literally nothing to truly make that championship something to revere and to fight for. Roxi might have told the world that she held no interest in a rematch for the gold but Courtney … you didn’t even extend an olive branch and offer one in the first place! The moment you won that title, the very moment your wife put that belt around your waist … you know that I was next in line. You knew I was guaranteed a shot at stripping you of that championship. And – you did nothing.”

Devona looked to the side with a wistful expression and sighed.

“And that is where my own fault comes into play. I listened to J2H’s words. I took them to heart and that was why he and I won the whole prize. But, then I made the mistake of stepping back to see where you stood. I took a seat and thought, ‘Well the ball is in her court. Pun not intended. Let’s see where she runs with it.’ Only, you didn’t run. I might have had a name drop or two, but that’s it. Literally our only interactions were on social media and it was because of your wife, not the championship. Because your wife more or less disrespected me, and you defended her for it. Now I get what you were saying, that you felt obligated to defend her even when she was the one who started the conflict. But girl…? You are literally doing her NO favors! And the proof is in the recent weeks because she thought she was just going to strut back into SCW the wife of the World Champion, and wins and championships were just going to fall into her lap! Because she felt as your wife, it was owed to her! And let’s face the truth Courtney – your wife has crashed and burned ever since she returned.”

“She learned that if she wanted to get to the level that you’re at, she would have to accomplish it the old fashioned way; through hard work. Through blood, sweat and tears. Except, that just wasn’t how she did things it would seem. If she couldn’t be handed success and titles by proxy then she just wasn’t going to try. She thought she was going to go for the Roulette Championship just because she publicly stated so? But when she had the chance to earn her way into the Ultimate X, she choked against a FAR superior athlete. Now she stepped up, willing or not, to be the tag team partner for another woman and so far she has let that woman down. If it were anyone other than Krystal Wolfe, I’d legit feel sorry for her. She acts like one of those Millennial's who thinks that they deserve to be given an award in school for participation when they literally did NOTHING to warrant or deserve it. But as those kids have their parents defending their every entitled action, Ruby has you. I even spoke up and pointed out to you how SHE disrespected ME and you could have just as easily let her fight her own battles, but no. You not only got involved, but you even said that you do it because you can. Because it's expected of you. Well…”

Devona stood upright and shrugged, sticking her thumbs through the belt loops of her jean shorts.

“That’s on you, Court, But don’t go crying to anyone other than yourself or Ruby over what’s going to happen on Sunday because I’m telling you now, your wife is the one that lit a fire under me. Not you. Your wife is the one that made me determined to unseat you as the World Champion, not you. You have done nothing as champion to really make the SCW Universe invested in our match in what could have been the Main Event."

"Now I admit it, I played just as big a role at NOT playing a role in hyping our match for this event. You go and look at everything that has went on between Michael Harris and J2H, and then you look at us. What do you see by comparison? Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada!"

We have got one shot at this Courtney, literally one! The boys follow us, and we have to make them regret it. We have to give those fans something to remember! We have to make Michael Harris and J2H watch what precedes them and think to themselves 'How in hell are we going to follow that!?' "

"You may not be leaving Summer XXXTreme XI the same way as you came in, but you will have the satisfaction alongside me of knowing we set the bar for the fellas to live up to. Otherwise, if that doesn't tickle your fancy? We might as well be the opening act!"

That being said, Devona takes her que and exits. Stage left.
>

“Laissez les bon temps rouler.”</color>

Offline Roux

• View Profile
Re: COURTNEY PIERCE (c) v DEVONA - WORLD BOMBSHELL TITLE
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 08:49:20 PM »
==========================================================
>
===========================================================

Hustlers
Los Angeles, CA - Princess Cruise Ship
25 JUNE 2023
OFF-Camera

Casino night on the cruise ship was taking a lot more time than I wanted it to take. Although, I couldn’t really complain. Given the fact that the event had started with more than a hundred guests throwing their money in, making it to the final four was a little bit impressive. I also wasn’t surprised by most of the people that joined me at the table. I knew that Kris would be involved for as long as he stayed interested in his opponents. It was a good sign that Oz joined him at a table fairly early on, and they appear to have worked together to pick off fans one at a time. Several members of Sin City got in on the action as well, but most of them realized that they had better things to do hours ago. However, for me, winning wasn’t optional.

OZ: I don’t think that you’re as good at this as you think that you are.

We had all four long gotten past the high stakes that the cruise line set for the evening. The fact that one of us was leaving the table with the $25,000 prize was nice, but it wasn’t what any of us were playing for anymore. When Kris put up the ring that he got for entering the Hall of Fame, the fan was inspired to put up the second of his two rooms as collateral. Oz got in on the action by throwing a Rolex into the middle of the table that I knew had to have been pilfered from one of the other guests in the room.

COURT: I think that because I am the only one at the table without a penis, you’re all taking me too lightly.

Luckily, I didn’t have to throw anything in. For the last hour or so, they had all taken turns giving away their money one chunk at a time. By the time we knew everything was coming to an end, all of the chips were already on my side of the table. All of the flashy bits that they were throwing in were their last ditch effort to not walk away empty-handed. I was willing to give them that chance. After all, I was planning on bribing someone out of their room with the winning. I never assumed that I could walk away with the key that I needed too.

KRIS: I am pretty sure we all understand what you’re capable of.

The dealer flipped over more cards on the table, but nobody else seemed like they felt any more secure with the cards in their hands. Then again, none of them would have made it this far if they were that easy to get a read on.

COURT: If you really believed that you never would have let me leave Jet City.

I wanted to push him a little bit, and maybe goad him into throwing away whatever was in his hand. Kris’ tell was that he got quiet when he had nothing. The better the cards he was holding, the more he liked to rub it in everyone else’s faces. He extracted enjoyment out of those that he played against, so actually winning didn’t matter.]

OZ: Can we all just keep things moving? I am tired of splitting the world’s smallest cabin with Eiley. People need space. I can’t spend every hour of every day with her all spaced out anymore.

Oz was trying to bluff his way through the hand. I knew it. I am pretty sure that Kris knew it. The fact that he was the only one even a little bit anxious told the rest of us that we didn’t need to worry about him stealing the pot. He acted like he was having a bad time, but I think that is all it is. He likes being so close to Eiley. That much was obvious.

KRIS: I am sure your right hand misses you too. Unfortunately the separation is going to continue a little longer. That room is mine.

It was a joke, which threw up the red flag for Oz. He tosses his cards down onto the table and shakes his head before pointing at me with an incredible amount of contempt.

OZ: Oh! Fuck you!

The fan joined him in his outrage, and looked back and forth between Kris and Oz in disbelief.

FAN: I thought you said that he was bluffing!

It was nice to see them all implode and blame each other. None of them was smart enough to realize that I was the only actual threat at the table. When Oz tried to direct it back at me, it blew up in his face.

OZ: That wasn’t me! That was all Court!

The fan threw up his hands in defeat, tossed his cards to the table and then stormed off without another word. It is not like he could actually get away from us though. We were all trapped on the same boat until after Summer XXXtreme, and Jaycee was about to become his new neighbor for the week. I waited to correct Oz until after Kris started to reach for his winnings.

COURT: I never said that he was bluffing. I said that he wasn’t winning. There’s a big difference.

I threw down my cards, and Oz’s mouth fell open.

KRIS: You’ve to be kidding…

Kris sat back in his chair, shook his head, and then motioned towards the chips at the center of the table.

COURT: Nope. Not at all. I tried to warn all of you that you were underestimating me.

I didn’t reach for the chips at first, and instead grabbed hold of Kris’ ring before sliding it onto my middle finger. I held it up next to my face and gave him the biggest, fakest smile that I could muster.

OZ: It wouldn’t have helped. You already had the win in the bag.

I took the watch next. It hung super loose on my wrist, but looked just as out of place as the giant gaudy ring. Together with my Bombshell Championship later, they were going to make a hell of a social media post.

COURT: You didn’t have to push all your chips in. The poor dumb sap didn’t have to throw in his room key. I didn’t have a gun to your head or anything.

Kris was the only one to see through my plan for what it was though.

KRIS: Nah, but you needed them to stay in the game so that you could walk away at the end of the hand without anyone goading you to stick it out for another.

I shrugged, because even if he figured out how I did it, I was still walking away from the table with all of their shit. Plus, I found a way to cover all of the money that Ruby was spending. The whole night had really turned into a win-win for me.

COURT: I guess I learned that from one of the best.

Oz sat back, and his mimicry of Kris was taken to the next level. If I wasn’t watching the words come out of his mouth, I am not sure that I would have known which one of them said it.

OZ: I think that means you’re  finally giving someone else a little credit for some of your skills.

I could have taken it personally, but I chose to take the win instead. I grabbed for, and pocketed the key before offering them a final smile.

COURT: Definitely. If you want to learn how to be a piece of shit, there is nobody better to learn from. Thanks for the extra room. It’ll be nice for Ruby to have a place to put all the merch she’s been buying.

>COURTside: REintroductions

The video kicks off with a view of Court, with the Bombshell Championship already draped over her shoulder, walking towards the balcony of the deck in front of her. The camera moved past the railing and hovered in front of her before spinning to show the cheering crowd of fans surrounding a pool in front of her. As Court approaches, the camera snaps back to her, and we can hear her words over the noise from the crowd.

”I don’t really think that I need to reintroduce myself to all of you, but I enjoy it so I’ll be doing it anyway. Welcome to the Summer XXXtreme Cruise! I am here amongst all of the people just like I am supposed to be. See? ”

She steps up to the railing and raises the Bombshell Championship into the air. The camera backs away from her so the the crowd is also in view when she asks them her very simple question.

”Who am I?”

Immediately, the crowd roars back with their response.

”SCW BOMBSHELL CHAMPION, COURT PIERCE!”

She looks pleased with herself as the camera moves back towards her, cutting the crowd from the frame. She places the Bombshell Championship back down on her shoulder, and continues to address the fans instead of the camera hovering in front of her.

”You’re right you know. That’s me. That’s who I am. That’s who I was always meant to be. “The One” Court Pierce. The Future of the Bombshell Division. The Genius of Jet City.”

She gets cheers from the people below, and raises the championship up one more time before moving away from the railing. The camera zips past her as she starts to come back the way that she came. Now that she is not in front of the live crowd, her tone becomes slightly more honest with the viewers at home.

”...but all of you already knew all of that, didn’t you? Of course you did. There is no way that any of you could ever forget it, because I have been letting people know every week on Climax Control. I have showed up. I have competed. I won this championship, and despite Roxi Johnson’s suspicions to the contrary, I am still here and still very much excited to be the face of the bombshell division. I am still dead set on hanging onto this championship for the foreseeable future. I am still showing up at all of the events, doing all of the right things, and making sure that I represent the company the way that it deserves to be represented.”

It seemed like it annoyed her to even have to say those words. Being the Bombshell Champion was the only thing that she ever wanted.

”I know that is going to surprise some people. Apparently Amber Ryan was never subjected to the same type of comments that I have been getting as a champion. Most of them fall just short of being told that I need to smile more. To be honest, I am getting a little tired of everyone thinking that I need to be informed what it means to be the top champion of the Bombshell division. It is almost like everyone has forgotten that I have been here for a very long time. I have seen this championship change hands almost as many times as Mercedes Vargas. I may not have always been competing in the ring, but there was never a time that Sin City didn’t have my full attention. So the fact that people think that I could somehow ruin the prestige of this championship is laughable.”

A bigger person probably would have left it at that, but she wasn’t above throwing people under the bus. She wasn’t about to change that now that she actually had possession of the prize she had always been chasing.

”I was around to witness Alicia Lukas and Seleana trade this championship back and forth once a month as neither of them felt like it was worth hanging onto. I have watched Crystal bitch and complain her way back into championship contention time after time, when she has seldom been able to elevate the championship during one of her reigns. That is why she is in the history books for something like quantity of reigns, instead of looking at the quality of her time as champion. Amber and Roxi were the last two to hold the championship before me, and even they only managed a couple of months.The fact that Roxi acted as if all of her work to bring relevance back to the Bombshell Championship was going to be undone the moment that I won it is laughable. She wasn’t doing anything super interesting this time around. She was just trying to convince herself that she had more left in the tank than she actually did. She tried to speak her dominance into existence, and it didn’t work, so she tried to take me down a peg on her way out. ”

Obviously Roxi had done a little more than strike a nerve with some of her comments if they were still haunting Court over a month later.

”There is a reason that Roxi Johnson isn’t in this match. It was her right to force a rematch after I took this championship away from her. She should be standing in the Summer XXXtreme ring waiting for me just like Devona will be, but she’s not. And why is that? Because the moment that she stepped into the ring with me she realized that she just didn’t quite measure up anymore. She knew that she was overmatched from the opening bell. I went out to the ring at Climax Control to end her championship reign, and make a statement from the very beginning of mine. The legends of the past just aren’t going to cut it anymore. The gatekeeper that the Bombshell division tried to install didn’t work. The glass ceiling didn’t hold me back. I am so much better than any of you have given me credit for, and after all of these years I am thoroughly, emphatically, and overwhelmingly OVER IT!”

She is unable to control her volume on her last couple of words, but she quickly gets herself back under control as a couple of fans quickly pass by her in the hallway. They are out of the shot before they even have the opportunity to look back.

”You people don’t think that I care enough about these stupid little events? You’re right.”

She doesn’t seem to care who hears her anymore. All of the negativity was weighing her down, and she wasn’t going to carry that into her first title defense. That would be a mistake.

”You don’t think that I give a shit about all of the fans? I don’t.”

More painful honesty that she probably would have gotten booed for if she was screaming it off of the balcony. She counted herself lucky that she had kept her composure for at least that long.

”You think there is a chance in hell that I actually take any of these notes that I have been given over the last few weeks? Fuck off.”

She turned out of the hallway and through the door of her cabin. The camera followed behind her and zipped through the door before it was able to swing closed. Court dropped the Bombshell Championship onto her bed in the room and kept walking through the center of it until she arrived at her own private balcony window. Outside there was nothing but the ocean and the passing breeze. Court took a deep breath and looked more at peace than she had moments ago. It felt like she was going to manage to keep herself together. The camera floated out through the glass door and turned around to face her.

”I didn’t need anyone’s help to get to the position that I am in today. I got myself ready to come back better than ever. I walked out to that ring to end and Icon. I won the championship, and I FUCKING TOLD EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!”

She quickly ran her fingers through her hair, pushing it away from her face. After another deep breath, she looked up at the camera with a scowl on her face.

”You can all stop pretending to be so fucking impressed and surprised. It’s already getting old.”

With that, she closed the curtains in front of the camera, leaving it outside in the wind before everything cut to black.

===========================================================

Favors
Princess Cruise
26 JUNE 2023
OFF-Camera

I eventually caved and gave Kris back his Hall of Fame ring. I demanded that, as payment, Oz had to return the watch from whomever he had stolen it from. The only one that actually lost anything as a result of their game was the fan that put up his room. Granted, that was the only prize that I actually had any use for anyways. Kris would pester me about it until I gave him his crowning accomplishment back, and there was no way that I was getting busted with something stolen while I was representing Sin City as the Bombshell Champion. The only thing that I needed was the key. It was part of a promise that I made a few days earlier.

COURT: Don’t say I never did anything for you….

I tossed the key to him as he came aboard the ship. He missed the original launch, but it hadn’t taken a whole lot of effort to get him to a place that we could scoop him up later. Jaycee had been through a lot. He deserved to be a part of the show.

JAYCEE: You’ve done a whole lot for me. More than enough. For real. I wouldn’t be here without you.

I felt like he was going to try and hug me, so instead, I turned and started leading him through the hallways to where he was going to be staying. It turned out the room that Ruby and I reserved was much nicer anyways.

COURT: I’m glad you can admit that here in front of all of these people. That really means a lot.

Of course, that was sarcastic. The hallways were mostly empty while everyone was out on the shore during the stop.

JAYCEE: That’s not fair, and you know it. You are the one that tried to draw everyone into the middle of this you versus Kris thing. You put everyone in a shitty spot. You had to know that everyone was going to try and silently play both sides.

Maybe he had a point. Expecting them to join me in a war against Kris didn’t make a whole lot of sense. These kids were all just starting out. They weren’t really in a position to throw away all of Jet City’s resources.

COURT: You were actually the last one to congratulate me on winning the Bombshell Championship…

He let out a fake gasp like he was surprised that I was keeping track of that kind of thing.

JAYCEE: I didn’t think that you cared that much about my approval. I also figured you would hold onto the thing forever, so there was no need to rush to talk to you about it.

It wasn’t just his approval that I was looking for. After so many people told me that I was going to be a terrible champion, I was kind of just looking for any kind of positive feedback.

COURT: That is the plan…

He stopped me just short of the door that I had reached out to open.

JAYCEE: You didn’t exactly say that like someone that was excited to be in one of the headline matches of this card. Is there something that I need to know about the show? I just busted my ass to get involved at the last possible second, and you don’t seem like you want to be here at all.

It wasn’t something that I was looking to talk about. I should have been more careful about keeping my mouth closed.

COURT: I do. I am just not sure that I have an opponent that does. Devona was so pumped about earning her shot at the Bombshell Championship, and then it got announced that it would be against me. It feels like she is disappointed.

Maybe that was just pity talking. I couldn’t really tell anymore. Everything that Roxi said about me was still kicking around inside my head. Jaycee wasn’t having any of that though.

JAYCEE: Maybe she is just disappointed that she didn’t get the opportunity to slap around Roxi’s corpse and win the championship the easy way.

He was determined to break me out of the spiral just like I had done for him.

COURT: I get that you’re trying to make me feel better, but she wasn’t actually that bad out there.

He shrugged. That wasn’t anywhere close to an acceptable answer.

JAYCEE: She wasn’t that good either, or she would still have the championship and you would be drinking by the pool without a care in the world like Oz.

No matter what the situation was with my match, we both knew that was very unlikely.

COURT: That would involve having to be around a lot more people than I want to see in one day.

He wasn’t accepting that answer either though.

JAYCEE: Well, get used to it. That is the life of a champion. Isn’t that part of everything that you’ve ever dreamed about doing? Even if it is the worst part of the dream, it’s still the dream.

But that is when it finally clicked for me. I could tell that the fog was starting to lift. He was right. This was my dream, and it was also Devona’s.

COURT: ....that actually makes a lot of sense.

I turned away from the door, and looked out over the balcony in thought. He pointed at the door behind me, but my mind was already elsewhere.

JAYCEE: Alright. I can see that the wheels are turning. I appreciate all the h--

I am not even sure that he finished the sentence. If he did, I wasn’t around to hear it. He had sparked an idea.

>COURTside: Headliner!

The scene opens and we see Court sitting on the end of her bed. She is hunched forward with her elbows on her knees, looking down at the Bombshell Championship in her lap. It is the same room that she barged into with all of the confidence in the world early on in the cruise, but she wasn’t radiating that energy in this moment. She appeared almost lost in thought, and speaking to the camera seemed secondary to what was going on in her head.

”I guess I can’t really put it off any longer.”

Court struck a more melancholy tone than viewers were used to. She had been especially boastful and abrasive since beating Roxi making her calm demeanor feel all the more strange.

”I have been trying to wrap my head around how I want to do this for the last month or so.”

She still doesn’t look like she has actually decided on a way forward through the words running through her head. There were a few moments of pause before the champion took a deep breath, shrugged her shoulders, and looked up at the camera for the first time.

”Part of me really wanted to come out the next week after beating Roxi and attempting to build a bridge with Devona. Realistically we both want the same things. We’ve already said as much. She agrees that if you aren’t in this business to be standing in the spot that I am standing, and holding the championship that I am holding, then all you are doing is wasting everyone’s time. This opportunity that she has at Summer XXXtreme is a lifetime in the making. She has wanted to rise to the level of World Champion since she was a little girl. This was her dream, so I know that Devona knows what it takes to be a champion in this company. She knows the responsibility that comes with the Bombshell Championship, and will undoubtedly be a great champion whenever the time comes.”

There is another intentional pause placed there to drive her not-so-subtle point that Devona’s time wasn’t the present.

”I know that because the two of us aren’t all that different. We both came out of great gyms with a long history of doing great business with Sin City. We each made a big splash fairly early on, and led people to set super lofty expectations for us right out of the gate. Neither of us really had a voice in that. People saw that we provided a little spark of something different in the ring, and instantly got the vibe that we would be heading to the top of whatever companies we were in. In spite of those goals that other people set for us, we both ended up taking time away for one reason or another. People kind of started to write both of us off as flops. It was fun when we showed up, but over time, the expectations went away. We were both looked at as failed projects at one point or another; it is what it is.”

Her voice tried to convey that those opinions didn’t really matter to her anymore, but her body language betrayed her. Almost instinctively her fingers run across the front plate of the Bombshell Championship in her lap, and she pulls it closer against her body like it could somehow protect her from the negative vibes.

”We both signed up for Blast from the Past 2023 with something to prove. We wanted to show the world that their first impressions of us weren’t wrong. We wanted to demonstrate to everyone that we were every bit as talented as we were when we first burst out onto the wrestling scene. However, there is a lot more to the tournament than just having something to prove. There is a way to do absolutely everything right and walk away empty handed anyways. Devona and I know that, because we have both been there.  I also know that it was no easy feat for Devona and J2H to run the gauntlet and win the Blast from the Past tournament, because I have experienced that first hand as well. I wouldn’t dream of trying to take that accomplishment away from Devona just because she is challenging for my championship. Let’s keep it real though. One of us got the golden ticket by being blessed with the greatest of all possible partners. The other had to slay an Icon to earn her place at the top.”

There was no mistake about which one of those paths Court found more merit in.

”Before the finals, Devona was pumped about the opportunity she had in front of her. Either she was going to compete against Roxi, who she always looked up to, or she was going to square off against someone else from the GO Gym. No matter what happened back at Into the Void, it felt like Devona was going to have a match to look forward to at Summer XXXtreme. Unfortunately for her, I took my tournament win from five years ago, and turned it into the Bombshell Championship by beating the biggest Icon the Bombshell’s division has ever created. She was looking forward to getting her hands on Ariana or Roxi on the cruise ship, but got me in their place. I can see how that would be pretty disappointing on paper.”

”...but let me take away that heartache, Devona. I did you a favor. I know that deep down inside you still feel like the little girl that just wanted to be the best. I know that you have spent enough time in this company to know what it means to step into the ring with Roxi Johnson with the biggest and best of all possible prizes on the line. I know how much that moment would have meant to you, because of what Roxi means to every Bombshell that came after her. I also know how badly it would have twisted you up inside for her to tell you that you weren’t ready. I know how much it would have hurt to have her call your motivations into question just because you had the audacity to step away on a few occasions. I know what it is like to have someone that you respect to have you say that you aren’t ready, and maybe you never will be. You don't want to know what it is like to have the person that you looked up to stare that little girl inside you in the eye and crush on each and every one of her dreams.”

”Regardless of what the outcome of that match would have been, I can promise you that there would have been some lasting scars. There are some things you can’t unhear. There are words that can’t be unsaid. I’m not saying that, like me, Devona wouldn’t have been able to shake that off and pull off the victory anyways. I am not convinced that Roxi’s last championship reign wasn’t more delusions of grandeur than actually being grounded in reality. I can’t be certain that she wasn’t simply coasting on aura alone, but I know that the match itself didn’t live up to my expectations. I expected the best of the best to put up more of a fight, especially after how deep all of her words cut into me. I walked out of that Climax Control on cloud nine as a competitor, but that little girl inside of me was both incredibly hurt, and insanely disappointed.”

Even all these weeks later, it was clear that Court still hadn’t gotten over the things that we said about her leading into her championship match. The words had gotten into her head, and stuck there. She tried her best not to let it derail her any longer, and shook the thoughts out of her mind..

”Devona might think that my ‘line-jumping’ cost her the match is always dreamed of, but I know the truth. I helped her dodge a bullet. I helped keep that little girl’s dream alive to fight another day. I have the ability to give Devona the match that she deserves, because I have a whole lot more left in the tank than my predecessor. I can’t afford to coast, because I have so much more left to accomplish before my time runs out. Devona and I may have both signed up to Blast from the Past with something to prove, but I have found even more reasons to be relentless about my success in the time since. And my opponent might think that she has my number because it was her team that eliminated mine from the final four, but if she steps up to me with that her head, she’s going home empty-handed.”

Court abruptly stands up from the end of the bed, and shoulders her Bombshell Championship before crossing her arms around it and clutching it to her chest

”I know that somewhere deep down Devona probably thought that she dodged a bullet back in the tournament. Any time she came up against another Bombshell that could really take her apart, J2H was there to pick up the slack for her. When Eiley had her number, despite it being her very first match, J2H was there to save the day with a low blow and a cheap win. A similar thing happened when she stood across the ring from me. All of a sudden she was out on the apron, and her partner was doing all of the heavy lifting for her. Sure, she got in a few of her best shots, but that didn’t matter. She couldn’t get the job done, so once again, just like nearly every round, she sat back and let J2H go to work.”

The fact that technically Devona can claim a win over her even though the two of them had nothing to do with the decision felt like an unwarranted smudge on Court’s record.

”...but they won the tournament, so she gets her shot. It doesn’t matter how it happened. It doesn’t matter what my opinion of it is. The history books will always have her name listed as one of the two winners of Sin City’s biggest tournament this year. And I know that you’re all probably thinking that I shouldn’t even be bringing it up because all of that happened months ago….”

She shrugs her shoulders, almost in a defeated manner.

”....but what else can I do? What else is there to talk about?”

”I haven’t exactly been silent about Devona. She had my attention from the moment that she came out during my match with Roxi. I have been focused on her since she plopped down in a chair and watched as I made the most of my Blast from the Past opportunity. I get it. She wanted to mark her territory, and let me know that I was on radar. This is a business, and she was doing what was best for herself.”

”...but where has she been since then?”

”I have given her plenty of space to make peace with the fact that I am her opponent. I have waited for her to attempt to show me even one ounce of the respect that she would have shown Roxi. I have gone out and competed on Climax Control all while looking over my shoulder and expecting her to appear out of the shadows. There are times where I was walking around backstage expecting her to come across my path. None of that ever happened though. No words were exchanged. There was no confrontation. We didn’t have some kind of public contract signings so that the fans could at least see us face-to-face with one another. There was all of the time in the world for Devona to turn this match into the spectacle that she always wanted it to be, but all we have seen her do is continue to coast just like she did all the way through the tournament.I have tried to poke and prod at her. I haven’t shied away from this match or my responsibilities as champion, but I have had a distinct lack of a real challenger. Look at the things that her partner has done since winning Blast from the Past. J2H has become part of the biggest story of Summer XXXtreme, and he isn’t even carrying a championship into the event. The SCW World Heavyweight Championship stole the main event away from the Bombshells this time around because Devona hasn’t found it important to actually be around. She was gifted the opportunity of a lifetime, and is pissing it away the exact same way that Roxi accused me of doing for the last five years.”

Her eyes widened like she was just now finding this new frustration with Devona. Where she started out speaking like she sympathized with her opponent’s journey, now that feeling was fading.

”That is why this whole thing feels different for me. Usually I find motivation to beat my opponents by focusing on all of the ways that we are different. I can’t do that this time around. Devona and I are so very similar in too many ways. All I can see are the similarities, and deep down all I want to see her do is succeed in this business.”

Yet, that wasn’t the whole story anymore. Court had reached down and pulled out a deeper meaning from it all.

”....but there’s something else to it. As similar as we are, I could never let myself sit back and simply wait for the day of my biggest match to actually arrive. When I learned that I was going to be competing for the Bombshell Championship, I was shouting it from the rooftops. I did everything that I could to show Mark, Christian, and the world that I was a worthwhile investment in the main event of their show. I busted my ass to make sure that I was the most talked about aspect of the show that I was on. As the challenger to the face of this company, I made myself the center of attention because I wanted to prepare everyone for what life was going to be like after my big win.”

Everything finally made sense to Court, and the confidence that she was filled with just a few days ago finds its way back to her when she needed it most.

”Devona hasn’t done that, and there is only one reason that I can think of for her to be shying away. For that matter, there is only one reason that I could ever see myself doing what she has been doing this last month.: She doesn’t think she can win.”

In Court’s mind, there was no other explanation.

”...and she’s not wrong.”

She knew how her words would be taken, so she backtracked almost immediately so that people would get the wrong idea.

”Against Ariana? Certainly. Against Roxi? Probably. But against ‘The One’ Court Pierce? Not a fucking chance.”

”It’s okay. That’s not anything for her to be ashamed of. Who was ever really giving her a chance? She has been gone for three years, and the biggest win she has gotten for herself was in the finals against Dawn Warren, but how anticlimactic was that? Both teams in the finals had women that were brought to the dance on their partner’s backs, and yet they somehow ended up being involved at the conclusion of the match. And yet, other than that one, she has only really shown that she could hold her own in the ring against people like Jessie Salco and Ariana. Everyone knows that none of the three of them are anywhere close to getting a shot at the Bombshell Championship.”

”On the other hand, I have yet to make a real misstep since I have been back in action. I was the far more dominant half of my Blast from the Past team. I choked out Seleana my first night back in Sin City. I beat Zoe Lukas who everyone thought was going to eat me alive. I shut up Crystal for good back at Into the Void, and then I ended the last Bombshell Championship run of Roxi Johnson’s career. We may be a lot alike Devona, but our paths this year have been very, very different. I haven’t had a whole lot of help. I have had to get things done on my own. My partner let me down. My gym let me down. My friends wrote me off. A literal hero told me that my dreams couldn’t be achieved.”

”I went out there alone, and accomplished the biggest thing that I’ve ever done  in my career. I cut all of the dead weight out of my life and finally lived up to the limitless potential that people saw in me five years ago. Every step of my journey has felt like taking the hardest possible path. There were countless setbacks. There were numerous distractions, but I never settled for squaring off against anyone other than the best. I have run head first towards every single opportunity that I have been given, and it makes me livid to see someone like Devona just sitting back and counting the days until the bell is going to ring. She is everything that the naysayers have tried to label me as, but where is the outrage? Where are the people telling her to make sure she participates in the fan events? Where are the people clamoring to actually see their number one contender in action? Where has all of the effort, fire, and passion for this business gone? I thought those were the things that fueled her in the ring. It’s been awfully hard to see while she has been sitting at home. It is awfully hard to hear, when she doesn’t say anything at all. It is hard to feel her energy, when it is absent from every single show.”

It was somewhat cathartic for Court to dump all of feelings onto Devona that Roxi unlocked in her.

”...but now she finally wants to show up. She wants to walk down to the ring for the first time in over a month, and square off against me for the Bombshell Championship at Summer XXXtreme. I guess that’s her right, but it damn sure doesn’t feel like that’s her dream anymore. I don’t know if that is because of the fact that it is me holding the championship now, or something else. To be honest, I don’t really care. I just know that it means that I can’t let her beat me. I can’t allow her to walk away as the new face of the division if being the best in Sin City isn’t the driving force in her life. I won’t let myself be bested by someone who doesn’t want it as badly as I do. Surrendering my championship to Devona would make me feel worse than never having won it in the first place. I didn’t work so hard to get to where I am just to watch it slip away this soon.”

”There is nothing that I won’t do…”

She cut herself off. There was no need for her to finish the threat. Letting everyone else fill in their own blank had a better chance of fully expressing her sentiment.

”...but everyone already knows that.”