Author Topic: WE MEET AGAIN AUSTIN  (Read 920 times)

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
WE MEET AGAIN AUSTIN
« on: June 02, 2023, 04:39:20 PM »
WE MEET AGAIN AUSTIN

Narrator:  I’m sure nearly everyone watching today has had runs of successful things in their lives and at other times they have had a run of unsuccessful things happen to them. With that lead-in comment I turn you over to Bill Barnhart to let him fill you in on the details.

The scene changes to a shot of Bill Barnhart standing in front of the wrestling ring where the matches for Sin City Wrestling’s Climax Control 363 will be held at the Tucson Convention Center in Tucson, Arizona. Bill is casually dressed in blue jeans, a black pullover shirt, and black sneakers. We also notice the absence of Bea but we are sure Bill will let us know where Bea and Iris are at this time. The camera person informs Bill they are now live broadcasting and Bill begins his comments while leaning against the ring apron.

PRIOR EVENTS DO NOT DICTATE CURRENT EVENTS

Bill:  Before anyone assumes anything about Bea I want to let you know why Bea is not with me during my comments today which lead up to my match against Austin James Mercer at Climax Control 363. I asked her to take care of Iris while I am at the Tucson Convention Center giving my comments for my upcoming match. Therefore you have to deal with me, and me alone, whether you like it or not.

Bill lets out a laugh.

Bill:  I am sure everyone has experienced the situation that when you are doing something and that something does not work out the way you expected it would turn out. While this happens to you everyone else around you seems to be having success when you are not. If you never had that experience then you are sitting there not having a clue what I am talking about. If you have had that experience then you understand what I am talking about. I will give you a few examples to help you understand and then I will present instances where, after things went well for everyone else except for me, things went well for me at the expense of others.

Bill again lets out a laugh but this time it is louder than his previous laugh.

Bill:  I will give you a few examples that took place in my lifetime that went wrong at first and then turned my way and worked successfully to move me forward. You may not have had the exact same situations happen to you but that does not mean you never had similar situations. Therefore I ask you to take my examples and try to see if any of those examples relate to things that took place in your life. Say you go to a lake or river and you and dozens of other people are fishing. You are all using similar rods, reels, fishing line, and bait, yet everyone else is catching fish and you are not catching anything. As a kid that makes you feel really bad. Even if you are an adult when that happened it still makes you feel bad.

Bill gives a sad look someone would make when they have a bad experience as Bill described.

Bill:  Maybe you were on a Little League Baseball team and all your teammates often get hits while at bat and you either strike out, or you hit the ball and you are thrown out at First Base, or they catch the ball you hit on the fly and you are out. When you are between the age of nine to twelve, and you are in Little League Baseball, and that happens to you, then the teasing and joking about your abilities, that is hard to take.

Bill makes a move like a kid swinging a bat and then getting thrown out at first base or having the ball they hit get caught for an out. Bill also gives a sad face into the camera to show how kids of that age might look in sadness when the experience he mentioned hits them.

Bill:  I will provide one more example so you can hopefully understand my comments. Say you are the legal age to obtain a Driver’s License in your State and you take the Driving Test with the Examiner and you fail to pass as you had too many of what they called infractions so your score was under the passing score. With those three examples on your mind, and yes all three of these things happened to me, let me tell you how each of them turned out for me. The three experiences I will present, where bad situations turned out well for me in the end, are real verified experiences.

Bill holds one finger into the camera to indicate his first example.

Bill:  The fishing incident I mentioned really did happen to me. I would go fishing with my father all the time. On this trip we fished below the dam on a lake. The area below the dam was small and I estimate it was fifty feet wide and twenty feet from where we stood to where the dam was located. I estimate the deepest part of this area below the dam was, at the deepest point, about six feet deep. Most of the places where me and my father fished there were Catfish and Crappie and not much else. This is particularly true fishing at this lake below the dam. When I went fishing with my father we always brought a can of whole kernel corn and put the corn kernels on the hook because we found, in California anyway, Crappie and Catfish often took the whole kernel corn and those were the fish we normally caught and cooked and ate. While we were fishing below the dam a Vietnamese man walked over and asked what I was using for bait so I picked up the can of whole kernel corn and showed it to him. This guy didn’t know me, as this was the first time we met, but there he was giving me a sarcastic look. I remember his comment to this day and that incident happened when I was ten years of age which was twenty-nine years ago. This man laughed at me and called me a f*cking idiot for using whole kernel corn as bait and that I will never catch anything using corn. Ten minutes after the encounter with that jerk I decided to pull my line in to see if I needed to change the bait. Pulling in my line was difficult and I assumed my hook got snagged on a log since there were numerous tree branches in this area below the dam. I kept pulling in my line and then I saw a fin of a fish break the surface of the water. I asked my father to bring our net which was a normal size net that you would use to pick up a Crappie or Catfish. I kept pulling on the line and then we put the net into the water to pick up the fish. At that point we realized that just the head of this fish was bigger than our net so me and my father, and several other fishermen, ran over and pulled this fish out of the water. It was a Carp and this Carp was nearly as long as I was at my age of ten and the fish probably weighed more than I did. After we brought the Carp out of the water the sarcastic asshole man who called me a f*cking idiot for using whole kernel corn as bait walked over. He just looked at me, then at the Carp, then at my can of whole kernel corn, but he said nothing. Then he walked away and out of sight. I asked my father where did the man go and my father replied PROBABLY TO GO TO THE STORE TO PURCHASE A CAN OF WHOLE KERNEL CORN SO HE CAN CATCH A FISH! We both had a great laugh over that. Yes a persistent negative thing turned out to be a great thing for me that day. I also ended up catching lots of fish in my future fishing trips. So I learned to never get disappointed when things don’t go my way. The key is to keep moving forward, never back down, and never give up, and things come around and become positive for you.

Bill holds two fingers into the camera to indicate his second example.

Bill:  My second example of how negative things often come out nicely in the end happened when I was between the ages of nine to twelve years of age. I joined Little League to play baseball. They had two Divisions in the nine to twelve years of age group and I was assigned to the Minor League while most of my friends were immediately assigned to the Major League of the nine to twelve year old division. I wasn’t a great baseball player at that time but I enjoyed the sport of baseball and playing the game. While most of my teammates would get a hit of a Single, Double, Triple, or Home Run, I was only able to get a hit and get on base maybe once out of ten trips to the plate. With that performance I was kept in the Minor League Division for that age group for three years. Then when I turned twelve years of age one of the Major League teams drafted me and I was able to get better, and personalized, instruction from the Manager and Coach. Shortly into that season I started getting on base a lot and I ended up being the player with the most Home Runs in the Major League Division for the nine to twelve year old players. Just another example of how things will work out for you when your time comes. The key is to keep moving forward, never back down, and never give up and things come around and become positive for you.

Bill holds three fingers into the camera to indicate his third and final example.

Bill:  My third example is when we turn legal age to obtain a Driver’s License and end up not getting a passing grade for a period of time. During my first trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles in San Leandro, California, to earn my Driver’s License, I was 16 years of age which was the legal age when you can obtain a Driver’s License in the State of California. The Examiner who was evaluating my driving, to see if I would pass and obtain my Driver’s license, is the one who caused me to fail on my first attempt. What did he do to me to cause me fail? We were driving down the street and I was in my proper lane and I was NOT exceeding the speed limit. The instructor waited until our car was already passing through the intersection and then he gave the instruction to TURN RIGHT AT THE NEXT STREET. I could not just slam on my brakes and turn right since I was already passing the middle of the intersection so I drove to the next street and turned right at that street. The Examiner took ten points off my score. He said I failed to make a right turn when he told me to do so. I argued the point stating had I slammed on my brakes and forced a right turn after I had already passed through the intersection he would have failed me for that. He just gave me an insulting comment and I continued with my driving examination. Then several streets down he gave me the instruction to TURN RIGHT AT THE NEXT STREET but as I was approaching that street I noticed it was a ONE WAY street going to the LEFT and he is instructing me to turn RIGHT into ONE WAY traffic that is flowing to the left. So I had to go to the next street and turn right there and he marked me off another ten points claiming I failed to follow his directions. I asked him what he would have done had I obeyed his instructions to turn RIGHT and then I turn right against ONE WAY traffic flowing against me. He refused to listen to reason so I ended up failing my driving test. My friends ridiculed and teased me but here is the rest of the story. That was when I was sixteen years of age and today I am thirty-nine years of age. That was twenty-three years ago. In that twenty-three years of driving I have never had a speeding ticket, never had a reckless driving ticket, and never had an accident. For a kid who got taken advantage of by the Examiner at the Department of Motor Vehicles in San Leandro, California, having the instructor claim I was a poor driver, I damn sure proved him wrong! The key is to keep moving forward, never back down, and never give up and things come around and become positive for you.

HOW THESE EXAMPLES RELATE TO MY WRESTLING

Bill:  Some of you are probably shaking your heads not understanding what I am talking about and why I am talking about those items. The rest of you get what I said and you fully understand. Please now allow me to give you background of myself against Austin James Mercer in Sin City Wrestling. I have the information on this sheet of paper I have in front of me and I will give you hard truthful facts.

Bill picks up the sheet of paper and he begins reading information from it.

Bill:  My first wrestling match against Austin James Mercer was on June 7, 2020, at Into The Void IX and I lost that match when Mercer pinned me. My second match against Austin James Mercer was on June 6, 2021, at Climax Control 301. This was a Mixed Tag Team match where me and Bea faced off against Mercer and Tempest. Our team lost the match when Tempest pinned Bea. My third match against Austin James Mercer was on June 13, 2021, at Climax Control 302. We were assigned to a Royal Court Jester match where the winner was the wrestler who could remove the Court Jester outfit off of their opponent first. Mercer managed to remove my Court Jester outfit first and I lost the match.

Bill places the sheet of paper he was reading from on the ring apron.

Bill:  I know what a lot of you are thinking. You are thinking that since I am 0-3 against Austin James Mercer that means I will be 0-4 against Mercer when I lose our match at Climax Control 363. Whoa! Not so fast people! Remember the asshole fisherman who called ma a moron for using canned corn to catch fish and then I ended up pulling the largest Carp ever recorded out of that lake? Remember the Little League players, Coaches, and Managers who, for three years, didn’t want to spend time helping me improve in the sport of baseball? Remember that a Coach and Manager in the Major Division took me under their wings and I turned out to be one of the best players in the Major Division for nine to twelve year olds. And what about that asshole Examiner at the Department of Motor Vehicles in San Leandro, California? The one who tried to trick me into doing wrong things while taking my driving test and then when I failed to fall for his tricks he failed me anyway even though I was doing the right thing. Then I spent the next twenty-three years with absolutely no driving infractions or accidents.

Bill winks into the camera.

WHERE DOES ALL THIS LEAD GOING INTO MY MATCH WITH AUSTIN JAMES MERCER?

Bill steps away from standing in front of the wrestling ring and he walks over to the table where the announcers, Jason Adams and Belinda Simone, will be broadcasting the play-by-play on the matches. Bill pulls out one of the chair and he sits down and looks into the camera.

Bill:  Would you like to know something Austin? I get disrespected all the time here in Sin City Wrestling. People claim that although I had great success in Asylum Wrestling Alliance, and then another Wrestling Federation before coming to Sin City Wrestling when that other Wrestling Federation closed their doors, that I am lame and haven’t yet accomplished much. The items people bring up do not include everything as these people just pick and choose what they want to believe and then they present only that information while leaving out my successes. The main thing they bring up is that me and Bea earned the Mixed Tag Team Championship and then ended up losing it two weeks later. Nobody seems to want to bring up that of my three Championship reigns in Sin City Wrestling I was Roulette Champion twice and for long period of time. People need to present all the information or they need to shut the hell up!

Bill picks up a sheet of paper and then he looks into the camera to continue with his comments.

Bill:  Austin, unlike you, and nearly everyone else in Sin City Wrestling, I tell the truth and provide as much truthful information to present as I can. You and others seem to get enjoyment out of telling the world that during my time in Sin City Wrestling I’ve only been a Champion three times and one of those times was around two weeks in length. But what about you Mercer? Do you honestly feel you have the right to brag and disrespect me about the number of Championships I have held and the length of time I held them? You do think you have that right? Seriously? Well if that is the case let me present some things for your education and to enlighten those watching my presentation today. I have been Roulette Champion twice. My first reign lasted six months and my second reign lasted three months. Then I held the Mixed Tag Team Championship with Bea for two weeks. Pathetic you claim? Shall we review your Championship reigns Austin? From what I was able to find it appears that you held the Heavyweight Championship one time for a period of five months which I commend you for accomplishing. I also see you held the Mixed Tag Team Championship, that by the way you won from me and Bea, for a period of five months and I also commend you for that. But then the zinger comes flying at you when you held the Internet Championship for about a week before losing it. Why do you feel you have the right to disrespect me when my Championship history and length of time as a Champion is the same as yours? Three Championships. . .three reigns of around the same length of time. . .so I have proven again that things are not always the way you want people to perceive those things. When people state to the world that they are presenting the truth and facts, but then they present only the pieces of information that they feel makes them look better and their opponents look worse, all they are doing is making themselves look bad.

Bill places the paper on top of the desk then he leans back in the chair and looks intently into the camera.

CLOSING COMMENTS

Bill again raises one finger into the air.

Bill:  First of all, Austin, what in the world do we have here? We have you, a wrestler who brags about all your accomplishments but when you stack up our accomplishments next to each other you find the truth is that both of us have the same number of Championships and for around the same amount of time holding those championships. So where is your thought process that you feel you can disrespect me when our accomplishments are similar and nearly equal in time? I don’t have to stand in front of a camera, or a crowd of people, and brag about myself, or my wrestling abilities, or my accomplishments in the wrestling ring, because my accomplishments speak on their own.

Bill now raises two fingers into the air.

Bill:  Austin I want you to ask yourself some questions. Did you have, like I have had, Satan come after you, for ten years in a row, to try to win your soul from you for eternity as he tried with me? No you did not! Were you able to defeat Satan at his every attempt to the point that you got him to make an agreement that if he could not earn my soul on the last attempt he tried that he would be banned from eternity from ever challenging me for my soul again? No you did not! But I damn sure did! And Satan is being held to his agreement and he will never be allowed to challenge me for my soul again! Did you have an evil and demonic step-brother, named Chris Shipman, who was responsible for the death of our sister, make a vow that he would kill me because he served time in Prison for killing our sister? No, Mercer, you never had that either! But here I am! I am still here! I am still alive! Satan is banned from ever challenging me for my soul again for eternity and Chris Shipman disappeared off the face of the Earth never to be heard from again! I accomplished all of that and a hell of a lot more! Then when you compare my accomplishments, and my ability to fend off evil then everyone, including you, realize that I am more than a mere wrestler you think you can push around. You may think you are a gift to the sport of Wrestling but, Mercer, I see you as a rotting bag of trash in the sport of Wrestling and you need to be taken out and thrown in the city dump.

Bill shows three fingers into the camera.

Bill:  I have an idea what you might be thinking Austin. You probably think that if you hire a bunch of your friends to attack me that I will not be able to perform well in our match. Maybe you think if you have your friends run-in on our match while our match is in progress and attack me during our match that I will not be able to perform well in our match. If you feel the need to cheat, violate the rules, perpetrate attacks, and do other things which violate the rules of Wrestling, and the rules that Sin City Wrestling Management has in place, then you will feel my wrath, you will lose our match, and you will most likely be fined and then fired from Sin City Wrestling.

The camera person gets an extreme close-up of Bill.

Bill:  What is it going to be Austin? Are you coming into our match as an honest wrestler who abides by the rules, does not purchase attacks on others, and takes the match as it comes. . .or are you coming into our match as a dishonest wrestler, who violates the rules, and purchases attacks on others, and then gets fired from the Federation? The ball is in your hands Austin. Do you take a shot at trying to score a Touchdown or do you take a few steps and fumble the football and the opposing team scores a Touchdown and wins the game? Make the right decision, Austin, as you have to live with the results of your decision for the rest of your life.

Bill tells the camera person that he is done presenting his comments. Bill then flashes a huge grin into the camera and then the camera person cuts their camera feed and our screen goes dark.