Author Topic: Questions raised and answers given?  (Read 876 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Questions raised and answers given?
« on: May 19, 2023, 11:36:12 PM »
Musings of one Sam Marlowe…

Two weeks ago, I was in the ring with Mercedes Vargas at Into the Void and in that match I proved that I could take a beating.  It was all Mercedes in that match and I bet the majority of the crowd watching were sure that I was going to be pinned and beaten but even though I didn’t get much offense, when push came to shove, It was me that picked up the win. 

Then of course, dealing with my arm that had been worked over by my opponent I was blindsided by someone that decided they wanted to send a message to me.  Krystal Wolfe and her mouthpiece got into the ring and took a cheap shot against me and doing damage to my arm.  As if she wanted to tell me that she could attack me at any time and break my arm like she has been doing to others.

I will admit Krystal, you managed to get the drop on me in the ring because I wasn’t expecting you to still be obsessing over me beating you before.  But thanks to your little attack, my focus has been redirected to you and if havin’ me on your list is something you want so badly, consider me risin’ on that list.  You came to pick a fight, well…to quote Doc Holiday from Tombstone…I’ll be your Huckleberry! 

Aftermath…

Location:  London England, a hospital near the Copper Box Arena

A low rumble of voices can be heard chattering about a man who has sat down beside a redhead who is cradling her arm against her chest.  The man is dressed in Victorian clothing but looking very twenty first century.  The redhead is dressed in a pair of dark leggings but a silvery halter under the woolen jacket of the man.  Her head is down, her breathing ragged.  Every movement brings a hiss of pain.

“It that bad Ginge?” questions Ben Jordan who leans back against the fake plastic leather of the waiting room chair. 

“Nah, just hurts every time I move,” answers Sam Marlowe with a grimace and soft gasp as she turns to Ben.  “I can’t believe that the medics made me get checked out before I could head back to Vegas.  Hey…y’all have a private plane.  Let’s just go get it and head back stateside.”  Her eyes widen into a pair of puppy dog eyes that seem to be working on Ben who is about to nod but coughs as he shakes his head.

“Now Sam, you know that we can go tomorrow.  I want you to get checked because if I take you home without it, your Colton will kick me ‘arse.  So be a good Ginge and listen to your friend.  The doctor will be here soon,” replies Ben who is saved by a nurse calling out Sam’s name.  “Crack on Sam, I will wait right here for you.”

Sam slowly gets to her feet and sticking her tongue out at Ben, she follows the nurse to an examining room where she is told to sit on the gurney and that the doctor will be right in.  Sam gingerly sits down and once more cradles her arm against her chest.  Pulling one leg up, she rests her head on it and softly speaks to herself.

“I wonder what that was with Krystal Wolfe.  What did I do to her?” muses Sam as she rests her other arm on the bent knee.  “I mean if she is trying to be some kind of mean girl and looking for a fight, fine.  But she better realize that now that I know she wants to get froggy, I will be keeping my eyes wide open.”

As she sits there, she is joined by a doctor who is reading a chart.  “Evenin’ miss, I am Doctor Church.  What seems to be the problem?”

Sam turns quickly, a whimper of pain escaping as she tries to smile and points to her arm against her chest.  “My arm…tonight I think I might have messed it up in the ring.  Then someone locked in a kimura lock and took me to the edge of breaking my arm for some kind of revenge.  I was looked at backstage and thought I was good to go but they told me I couldn’t leave to go home until I got a doctor’s note or something.  And, of course my friend Ben said that we needed to come here even though he has a private plane and we could hav…”

The doctor holds up his hand and waves it.  Sam stops midsentence, not realizing that she was chattering as shock was starting to creep in with the reduction of the adrenaline of the match.  “As much as I would like to let you natter on, I need to ask you what is going on,’ offers the doctor.  “So tell me what happened with your arm.”

Sam smiles.  “I am a wrestler and well, I was in the show at the Copper Box where I was in a wrestling match.  I didn’t get much offense in but I did manage to have my opponent single out my arm.  I slammed it into the steel ring post then Mercedes continued to punish it for the rest of the match,” answers the redhead as the doctor sets the chart on the bed and reaches for the arm. 

He pulls it straight making Sam wince.  He tsks at the bruise that had developed before starting to move the arm into different positions.  Sam tries to remain strong as he does but the odd moan and gasp escape.    He lets it go and then picks up the chart to write something down.

“It doesn’t look broken miss however, I am going to have to tape it and recommend that you take pain medication.  I will give you some Vicodin and you will be good to go,” he says before calling in his nurse telling her to bring in the athletic tape and a sling.

Forty minutes later, Sam walks out to the waiting room where Ben has been seated with some people who have moved closer and seems to be talking to the friendly Cockney King.  Seeing Sam, he excuses himself and gets to his feet and joins Sam who is making her way to the door.   “So Ginge,” he begins, “where to now?”

“Since you are asking…home,” replies Sam with a tired smile.  “I hear that you might know someone that could get me there soon…” teases Sam as she exits the building.  Ben follows her and sees her fighting to grab her cellphone with her other hand.  He stops her and pulls out his own cell phone and places a call for a cab.  The pair talk softly while they wait for the few minutes that it takes for the cab to arrive, then climb inside and Ben tells the driver where to go.

An hour later, Sam is sitting in the plane, her arm resting in the sling and her head back against the headrest and her eyes closed.  Ben is across the aisle preparing to take off.  Sam takes a bit of a glimpse out of one eye at Ben before she begins to speak.

“Ben,” she begins, gaining the Cockney King’s attention.  Not opening her eyes, she sighs.  “Do you miss it?”

“Aim’s been off Sam, so I always miss,” Ben jokes.  “What are you on about?”

Sam shakes her head.  “I was just wondering if you missed being a wrestler.  I mean you have been out of it longer than I have and I missed it.  So I am back and resigned.  Have you ever wondered if you wanted to come back?”

Ben raises one eyebrow.  “Where is this coming from Sam?  The Vicodin?”

“No, actually I realized something earlier,” she admits.  “I missed seeing you in SCW.  I missed the fun we had backstage and I saw something that I wanted to ask you about.  But if you don’t want to come back…”

Her voice trailed off as she opened her eyes and rolled her head to look at Ben.  “I saw that they want to bring back the mixed tag titles and I remember how great of a team we were in the Blast from the Past we were teamed in and well I wanted to ask…would you consider teaming with me to win those titles?”

“This is sudden Sam,” Ben replies slowly.  “I have been out of the ring for quite a time.  I might be rusty and besides, I am sure that no one would ever want to see me in the ring anymore.”

“that’s a lie prat,” retorts Sam.  “Lots of people would love to see you back in the ring, especially me.  You are someone that people want to see and want to challenge.  Think about it, you and me teaming up to win the mixed tag titles…”  Sam wiggles her eyebrows suggestively before a wide yawn escapes which only makes Ben laugh.

“Okay Ginge…okay, I will think about it,” answers Ben which has Sam pumping her uninjured arm in the air.  “I will let you know at Climax Control.  Now it is early and I am knackered.  Why don’t you get some sleep and heal up that arm.”

Sam lets her eyes fall closed as the lights of the plane go dark in preparation for take off.

To:  Sam Marlowe
Subject:  Match for Climax Control

Hi Sam,

We are writing to let you know that you have been booked for the next Climax Control. 

Your opponent is Zoey Lukas.

Regards,
SCW Booking Staff

Wow, imagine that.  Here I am resigned with SCW and they are putting me right in the thick of it facing some top names in the company.  First it was Mercedes Vargas, someone that I have faced many times and much to the surprise of many, I pulled out the win at the supercard against her.  I even surprised myself considering that it was really only my second match back.  I did gain the win and I also gained an enemy in Krystal Wolfe who is out to get some payback. 

But do I get to face her, oh no.  I was booked against someone that just as tough and actually does have a win over me…Zoey Lukas.  Did I expect it?  No.  But I ain’t gonna run from it either.  See, when it comes to Zoey, I guess I could say that I am looking for redemption for sure.  After all she is probably thinking that she beat me before and it is going to be another win for her at Climax Control.

I will admit that watching Zoey I have to give her props.  She is double tough and very dominant.  She could easily have another win over me and I know that is probably what she is going to point out to me or try to anyways.  There is something though about this time around…I don’t know how to explain it but this time I believe it is going to be different because I am realizing that I am getting back into my groove.  You know the one…the groove of winning matches and stepping up to opponents regardless of how big they think they are. 

Now I realize too that Zoey and I are very different bombshells but both of us also have a lot in common.  Take for instance, both of us have stepped out from the shadow of our sisters in this career.  You of course had to come out from the shadow of Alicia Lukas and I have to say, you have really done well for yourself even if you haven’t won any championships yet.  I know that you have proved that the Lukas sisters are people to be reckoned with. 

Like you, I have stepped out from the shadow of my sister, Cyn Marlowe but the difference is that when I stepped out of the shadow, I went on to win multiple championships.  I have defied the odds time and time again.  I beat Mikah ending her streak as Bombshell champion when everyone said it couldn’t be done.  I have held records as the Bombshell Roulette champion.  There is nothing that I can say to convince you I am sure. 

Do you have the confidence to call me on my BS right Zoey?  Talking me down all the time to eat at my confidence.  Make me think that I am not worthy to be in the same ring with you and in the past, that might have worked.  After all, I tended to get into my own head and that just made it that much more difficult because I was fighting both myself and my opponent.  And a majority of the time, it tended to work for the most part.  Oh, I did get wins but to get those wins, I put my all into it.  I beat my self-doubt and then vanquished my opponent.

Now, however, I am not doubting anything about myself.  I step in the ring and look across at my opponent now ; the only thing holding me back is that nothing is holding me back.  The challenge Zoey is that I have to face a woman that is just as confident.  Granted you are big and dangerous but that means that the threat to me is that I need to bring the fight to you.  If you get me on my back foot, then you might just have the chance to beat me but I wouldn’t bet on it. 

Our match at Climax Control is going to be interesting considering that I am going to extend my winning streak to two wins…the match I just had at Into the Void when I pinned Mercedes and then the match that I am going to have this Sunday at Climax Control against you.  I know for one that I am looking forward to it…I wonder if you are?

I guess we will see at Climax Control.  See you there.