Author Topic: MALACHI v BULLDOG v PETER VAUGHN v GODLY KEN - VACANT ROULETTE TITLE  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
Re: MALACHI v BULLDOG v PETER VAUGHN v GODLY KEN - VACANT ROULETTE TITLE
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 09:07:09 AM »
I AM RECLAIMING THE ROULETTE CHAMPIONSHIP

Narrator:  Bill is at home in Lawrenceville, Georgia, along with Bea and Iris, and they are taking care of things before traveling to London for Into The Void XII. I will now turn you over to Bill Barnhart in Lawrenceville, Georgia.

AT HOME IN LAWRENCEVILLE, GEORGIA

The scene shifts to the home of Bill Barnhart in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Bill and Bea and Iris returned to Lawrenceville to spend a week taking care of things around their house before traveling to London for Into The Void XII. The scene switches to the backyard at the home of Bill and Bea and we see Bill doing stuff like checking the plants, pulling weeds, and making sure the stinky farts of Iris don’t kill any of the plants or trees in the yard. As the camera pans around the backyard we get a quick glance of Bea who is also in the backyard with Bill and Iris. Bill looks into the camera and launches into his comments for his upcoming match.

Bill:  We returned from the current tour to spend a week at our home in Lawrenceville, Georgia. We wanted to take care of some things instead of letting everything fall on the shoulders of our neighbor Andrew. Not a lot of things to fix which is a blessing but the house needs a general cleaning inside and out. When this week is up me and Bea and Iris will travel to London to be ready for Into The Void XII. Bea has a match against a new member on the Roster Eiley and I have been assigned in a Four Way Roulette Championship match against Malachi, Peter Vaughn, and Godly Ken Davison for a change to earn the Roulette Championship which was vacated by Goth recently.

WHAT MY OPPONENTS ARE LIKE

Bill:  I wish to present some items for you to help you understand how I see Malachi, Peter Vaughn, and Godley Ken Davison in our upcoming match. I will start with the history I have with each of them.

Bill pulls out a sheet of paper.

Bill:  I will start with you Malachi? No I am not starting with you for any other reason except your name comes first on the Card for Into The Void XII where our names are listed as participants in this match. Between us we have an interesting history in wrestling matches and I will run them down for everyone. Our first match was on July 6, 2020, at Climax Control 273. It was a Mixed Tag Team match and you and Bella Madison got the win in the match when Bella made Bea submit. The second match we had against each other was on August 29, 2021, at Climax Control 310. We ended up with a Draw due to both of us being counted out of the ring. Therefore there is no win or loss for either of us from that match. Our third match together was on April 2, 2023, at Climax Control 357 where you obtained a win over me by pinfall. That leaves it between me and you at you have one win, we both have one draw, and the Mixed Tag Team match, although it counts as a win for your Mixed Tag Team it was not a direct win by you over me with a pinfall or submission over me.

Bill waves the paper around.

Bill:  The next wrestler I will talk about is Peter Vaughn. We have no history in matches against each other as this match at Into The Void XII will be the first time we are in a match against each other.

Bill waves the paper in the air again.

Bill:  The other wrestler in our match is Godly Ken Davison. Our match was a Tag Team match where you and your tag team partner Mac Bane took on me and Senor Vinnie. Their team got the win when Mac Bane pinned me. Therefore, Ken, you do not have the win over me directly such as you getting the pin or submission on me as it was Mac who got that on me.

Bill balls up the sheet of paper and tosses it into a trash can.

Bill:  Do I fear any of you in this match? Nope! Do I feel we all have an equal chance of winning this match? Yep! Do I honestly believe I will win this match and become a three-time Roulette Champion? Yes I do!

Bill flashes a huge grin.

THE STRATEGY AND THE ANALOGY

Bill:  Perhaps the three of you are planning on using the strategy of wearing down a specific wrestler to the point where wear that wrestler out and then you can start wearing down the other two wrestlers until you gain an advantage. Just like when Bullwinkle Moose told Rocky the Flying Squirrel that he was going to pull a rabbit out of his hat in a magic trick that Rocky exclaimed BUT THAT TRICK NEVER WORKS so I say to you three THAT TRICK NEVER WORKS! So if that strategy fails the majority of the time why are you three wasting your time even thinking of doing that? What is my strategy you three are asking? That is an easy one to respond to. I am coming into our match to be very agile and quick to be all around the ring at all times while you three have your heads spinning trying to figure out where I went and where I will show up again. Having the three of you confused of where I will pop up next, and what attack I will perpetrate, will wear you down more than any amount of beating I could place upon you. Keep that mental image available and review it over and over and over again but still you three will not be able to keep up with me and I will win and walk away a three-time Roulette Champion!

Bill again shoots a huge grin into the camera.

Bill:  Recently I went to WalMart near our home in Lawrenceville, Georgia, to purchase a basic can opener since my previous broke. In WalMart there are so many aisles that none of the shoppers know where most of the items might be located. So I walked over to the Customer Service counter and asked the woman manning the Customer Service counter WHERE ARE CAN OPENERS LOCATED? She looked at me like I was an alien from another planet. She asked WHAT? and I again repeated WHERE ARE THE CAN OPENERS LOCATED? And she replied WHAT IS A CAN OPENER? Seriously she asked me that and then she asked what a can opener is for. I told her SAY YOU HAVE A CAN OF CORN OR SOUP AND IT DOES NOT HAVE A PULL-OFF TOP SO THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET THE INGREDIENTS OUT OF THE CAN IS TO CUT THE LID OF THE CAN OFF. At that point the woman goes OHHHHH…OKAY…THEY ARE ON THE BAKING AISLE WHICH IS AISLE 11. How in Hell does she work at WalMart and she doesn’t even know what a can opener is or which aisle it would be located on? I guess she must stomp on cans at her home to open them so she can get the ingredients out if she doesn’t know what a can opener is. And to think these WalMart employees want pay increases when they don’t even know what a can opener is.

Bill strikes a post that his opponents may not understand the analogy he is making.

Bill:  Apparently my opponents have no clue what I am talking about or what the analogy is about so I will try to clarify it for them. Just as you have a mid-40’s WalMart worker who doesn’t know what a simple can opener is and has no clue what are on the aisles in their store it is obvious that most of the wrestlers in Sin City Wrestling don’t seem to know much about the sport of wrestling, and the moves and holds involved, and when they are asked by others a specific question they often respond with I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Seriously? If you don’t know what people are talking about when they ask you a wrestling related question then why the hell are you in this sport? But you know what? I’m okay with opponents who are a bit on the mentally slow part of the spectrum as it just makes it easier for me to defeat them.

Bill shows a look on his face that indicates he has another item to tell us about.

Bill:  I had two different friends who claimed they had food allergies. One was Grant and the other was Steve. Grant claimed that he was allergic to eggs and that if he eats eggs either raw or cooked he will break out in a nasty rash. So one day I baked a cake at my home and put three eggs into the batter as the directions specified. After the cake was done and cooled I cut the cake and we both ate it. After one hour I told Grant there were three eggs in the cake batter so if he is really allergic to eggs how come after an hour he did not develop an allergic rash? Immediately upon hearing that I put three eggs into the cake batter Grant broke out in a rash. Hmmm. Then there was Steve. Although we always had oranges in our house Steve refused to eat them as he said he has an allergic reaction to oranges. When Steve was staying overnight at my house I saw him take a bottle of orange juice out of our refrigerator, poor himself a glass of orange juice, and drink it, but without any allergic reaction. I questioned him on it and he gave me some bullshit reason why eating oranges, or squeezing oranges to get the juice out, gave him an allergic reaction but drinking orange juice from a bottle or carton did not give the allergic reaction. I chalked it up to false claims by Grant and Steve.

Bill gives a questioning look into the camera.

CLOSING COMMENTS

Bill:  So Malachi. . .Peter. . .Ken. . .you three are going to claim you will not have an allergic reaction to my superior wrestling abilities and skills and yet when you step into the ring and the bell sounds I am sure I will watch you three immediately break out in a rash, hives, or sneezing and coughing, as you are standing in the direct blinding light coming from me who is the far superior wrestler in our match. Another item I want to present, and for me this is deciding factor in our match, is that there is no Roulette Champion to defeat to become the new Roulette Champion. There is no one person holding the Championship who is trying to do all they can retain the Championship. Nope. In our match it is the four of us trying to get the win in accordance with the rules and stipulations that the Roulette Wheel lands on for our match. The quicker one of us obtains the win in accordance with the rules and stipulations of our match the sooner this match is over and a new Roulette Champion is crowned. Before I end my comments for today let me rephrase the previous comment. The quicker that I<i/> win the match in accordance with the rules and stipulations of our match that is just sooner that I am crowned as the new Roulette Champion. If you three cannot comprehend what I just stated then you are damn sure dumber than I thought you were. See you on May 7, 2023, at Into The Void XII.

Bill tells the camera person he is finished with his comments for today and the camera person cuts their camera feed and our screen goes dark.

>

Offline Peter Vaughn

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Approaching My Goals...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 07:56:47 PM »
~Once again, we find ourselves returning to the quiet warehouse owned by Peter Vaughn. At least, everyone assumes he owns it. Wouldn't it be a trip if it turned out that Vaughn has been breaking into this warehouse for his own use this entire time? Wouldn't that be crazy? But for now, let's just stick with that he has the right to be here.~

~This time, the warehouse space looks to be remarkably empty, except for what appears to be a round object covered by a cloth in the middle of the room. The camera starts to focus on this cloaked item, expecting an activity from it, but instead, there's a loud, grinding noise to the left. The camera turns, showing one of the garage doors of the warehouse opening up, inch by inch. As it does so, a blinding light begins to flow through the widening crack, quickly overwhelming the camera's dimming abilities. Nonetheless, the cameraman stays focused, as the shot soon becomes one bright, squarish light. After a few seconds, a figure can be seen, stepping forward, although it's not easy to make him out. He walks through the light, into the warehouse, with both hands propped before him as if in prayer. As he gets a little closer, we can finally make out the details of one Peter Vaughn.~

Peter Vaughn: Hello, again, my children. Hello again, Sin City. Namaste.

~Vaughn gives a slight bow towards the camera, then raises up, bringing both hands into the air. It appears like he's holding a relic of some kind, reverently displaying it in the air. He then slowly grips it with both hands... and presses the button. The remote control immediately turns off the halo-style spotlights behind him. It takes a moment, but the camera adjusts, allowing us to see Vaughn, and the spotlights, clearly for the first time. He smiles towards the camera.~

Peter Vaughn: You'll forgive the indulgence there, I trust? For some reason, I felt like making a... Godly entrance...

~Vaughn presses another button, and the garage door immediately closes again. Hopefully no one steals the spotlights from the alley outside.~

Peter Vaughn: You see, when I won my Roulette Rules match over Malachi on the last Climate Control, and put down the Bulldog as well, I was feeling pretty powerful. It seemed like my destiny was ready to go up in lights, earning me my first championship in SCW. And then the news broke: once again, I would be facing my ally in the Saviors, "Godly" Ken Davison, this time in a Fatal Fourway match along with the poor boyos I had already taken out.

~Vaughn shakes his head, even as he steps closer to the covered object in the center of the room.~

Peter Vaughn: Last time we fought, Kenny, it wasn't exactly a clean decision between us. You did have the better night... thanks to your having a better random tag-team partner. I mean, that's just my luck, isn't it? Excel as a singles competitor, never finding the right partner for the tag-team ranks. But I have to admit, your joining the match after falling in the tournament did get my interest. I thought, hey, this is going to be a competitive one, with an amazing chance that the Saviors would get the Roulette Title. I was quite fascinated by the possible fight. I looked forward to facing a God once again.

~Suddenly, Vaughn stops moving, and his shoulders seem to slump.~

Peter Vaughn: That's until I received word that the doctors had refused to clear Kenny for action. I guess even Gods get injured. So here's the deal, Kendrick. Once I win the Roulette Championship, and once you're finally fit for action, I'll offer you an opportunity whenever you want it. Because let's face it: SCW clearly wants us to fight, and they really want the last of the Saviors to fall. Maybe we can give them a Five-Star affair as we move forward into the light, eh?

~Vaughn takes a moment to recover, then smirks towards the camera.~

Peter Vaughn: And then... there were three. Myself, a five-time World Champion with incredible victories all across the world. The Bulldog, who's probably still a little delirious from the clubbing I gave him last show, but also the only man in this one to hold top-tier gold in SCW. And Malicky, the man who thought he could easily take down the Mechanic and found himself knocked cold. This isn't really set up to be a war. It's set up to be a slaughter. Of course, a lot of that depends on... the random factor.

~Vaughn reaches over, finally pulling off the cloth to reveal a custom-made Roulette table underneath. Vaughn pats the side of it, grinning, his own craftsmanship having gone into building this device. We can see that, much like SCW's version, there are numerous match possibilities set up.~

Peter Vaughn: I've gone back and watched numerous Roulette matches to begin to prepare for this one. I already know about the Staple Gun variation, and let me just say, that wasn't a pleasant experience, even if I DID get the victory. But there are so many other possibilities. For instance, last year's Into The Void match was fought under Submission rules.

~With a twist of the spinner, Submission is brought to the arrowed portion.~

Peter Vaughn: Some might think that would put me at a disadvantage, but I do have a few special moves I like to break out in a match like this. And hey, who doesn't enjoy making their opponent scream in agony and have to tell the referee that they submit to the pain? I'm sure I could surprise Mr. Maliki with my Calf Crusher, for instance. But what if, say, it becomes a Ladder match?

~The dial is once again turned, bringing up another match stipulation underneath.~

Peter Vaughn: That'd be in the realm of my specialty, high-flying, so you might as well give me the championship right now. Neither of the guys left will be able to move near as quickly as I could. I'd probably have the belt and be halfway to the back before Bully and Mally even realized the match was over. It'd be pretty funny to see their faces, really. But let's face it, the most likely destination for us is, well... something extreme.

~Vaughn points at several of the items left on the spinner, including "Hardcore Rules", "Falls Count Anywhere", and "Graveyard". He taps that one for a few seconds.~

Peter Vaughn: Odds are probably high that we'll be in a match with little to no rules. This Graveyard one, it was an interesting watch, seeing everyone try to toss their opponents into graves to win. And hey, who knows? It could come up again, and I'll be literally burying my competition.

~Chuckling to himself, Vaughn turns and smacks the spinner, sending it flying through all of the various categories. As it spins, Vaughn turns back to the camera.~

Peter Vaughn: The Roulette Rules certainly make this contest a lot more intriguing... but ultimately? The choice doesn't matter.

~With that, Vaughn hefts a sledgehammer out from behind the structure. As the spinner is starting to slow down, Vaughn lets loose, smashing straight into it! Pieces shatter in all directions, as Vaughn swings again and again, leaving a great deal of wreckage to clean up later. Finally satisfied, Vaughn turns back.~

Peter Vaughn: You see... the match stipulation doesn't matter. The competition in the match doesn't matter. The people who will be watching this with drool dripping down their chins? They don't matter, either. All that matters is that it's Peter Vaughn and it's a championship contest. No matter the rules, no matter who's in and who's out... I'm taking that championship home, adding it to my impressive collection. And there's nothing anyone out there will be able to do to stop me.

~With that, Vaughn tosses the sledgehammer into the pile of debris, before turning and walking off. The camera quickly scans the wreckage, seeing that what's left of the spinner is now pointing towards a unique stipulation: Armageddon. We slowly cut away.~

~As the shot comes back into view, we can hear the noise you usually associate with a large gathering of people in one room. The camera pans the large room, showing what almost looks like a courtroom, except it's been repurposed for a gathering area, as the judge's area has been switched to a long string of tables. Seated at the center of the tables is a familiar man to those who watched last week: David Schoeder finishes talking to the man next to him, and then turns forward, grabbing up a gavel and hammering it to get everyone's attention.~

David Schoeder: Alright, now, everyone settle down. Let's get this Union meeting back in order. Are we ready to continue?

~There are some mumbled agreements from the various men seated all around. There isn't a lot of excitement in a meeting like this, usually. Apparently, though, that's about to change, as Schoeder seems to take a long, deep breath before reaching for the paperwork in front of him.~

David Schoeder: As we're up to date on everything that's been happening, it's time to discuss some new business. While I know this has been spoken of before in smaller settings, I believe the time is right for us to bring this matter before everyone's attention. Yes, it's time to discuss the cattle application of one Peter Vaughn of the PMV Ranch...

~There are some shocked shouts from the crowd, as few were expecting this to be brought up. Some furious murmuring commences throughout the group, even as Schoeder again reaches for the gavel.~

David Schoeder: Settle down, people! This petition was brought to us months ago, and the submitter has been quite... persistent. As you all know, I'm a fair man, and I truly believe that everyone deserves their chance to be heard.

~As Schoeder talks, the screen splits for a few moments, showing on the bottom Schoeder's meeting with Vaughn the previous week... and how Vaughn revealed he knew Schoeder's most secret bank account. Vaughn used this information to blackmail Schoeder into what's happening today, while also promising that he could increase Schoeder's bank account if he follows through. It's hard to say if fear or greed was the larger motivating factor for Schoeder, but either way, it clearly worked.~

David Schoeder: As you all know, it will take a majority vote here today for Mr. Vaughn's cattle application to be approved, allowing him to raise livestock on his ranch. Mr. Vaughn is here today to speak to all of you.

~The door swings open on the left, with Peter Vaughn stepping out. He seems to have been given a lesson in what to wear, possibly from Schoeder himself, as the coveralls, for once, are not to be seen. Instead, Vaughn portrays the stereotypical image of what everyone believes a rancher should look like. Honestly, on Vaughn, it looks strange, as it's so different from how he normally dresses. But to the union members, it seems to generate a slight increase in respect, as he steps up to the mic.~

Peter Vaughn: Thank you for this time, Mr. Chairman. I'll try not to waste it. To those who don't know me, I am Peter Vaughn, and yes, I am a professional wrestler. But apart from that, I am also a man who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. Since I purchased the PMV Ranch last year, I have worked hard to rebuild the ranch to its former glory. I have made several renovations, not shying away from the hard work that all of you have likely grown up with all of your lives.

~Only those that know Vaughn would hear the slight sarcasm in that comment. Most of the 'fat cats' in here have lived their rich lives with other ranch hands doing the work for them, while they reaped the benefits.~

Peter Vaughn: I think I have proven that I am taking the life of a rancher seriously. I am willing to put in the long hours and make the PMV Ranch a truly profitable endeavor. Many of you, I've taken the time to speak with over the past few weeks, and I hope I've made my points clear to all of you.

~The camera shot switches to several individuals in the audience, some looking more uncomfortable than others. The split-screen once again reappears, this time showing Vaughn speaking to each one of them behind closed doors. One, he's clearly threatening, showing off a series of pictures that were taken of the union member in question. In another, Vaughn is shaking the hand of an older man, having made a deal for future teamwork between them in the future, increasing both of their profits while working to shut down a competitor. The third shot shows Vaughn walking out of an office, as the man behind him slumps to the floor, crying, holding some unknown paperwork. That man still looks green in the gills as he sits nervously in the union meeting. It's clear that Vaughn has, truly, been working hard for his goals, even if his methods aren't exactly role-model material.~

Peter Vaughn: I have every faith that all of you will see that I am ready to prove myself deserving of being in your space of existence. I may not have been born a rancher, but I got here as fast as I could, and being a true Texan at heart, I'm always ready to aim big. All I need is you to give me that opportunity. Thank you.

~Vaughn nods and steps away, to applause from the gathering. Some clap louder than others. Some, like Vaughn's main rival, Judd Harrison, refuse to raise their hands at all. Vaughn doesn't seem to care, as he heads back out the door he came. Schoeder hammers once again to quiet everyone down.~

David Schoeder: Now, we all know how this works. We can have discussions today about Mr. Vaughn's application, and then we will have our vote at the next meeting. For my part, I see Mr. Vaughn as a valuable addition to our ranks, as he is clearly a man who will not stop until he gets what he wants. I will be voting for accepting his application. Would anyone else like to speak?

~Everyone looks around, as few usually like to be the first one up to go against the Head of the Union. But that doesn't stop Judd Harrison, as he steps up and walks to the mic.~

Judd Harrison: As you all know, I'm basically neighbors with Mr. Vaughn's ranch. And you should hear all the crazy sounds that come from there! This man deems himself an 'inventor', creating a series of machines to take the place of true ranchers while he goes around the world punching people in their faces. Ever since he bought the old Six-Star ranch from Mark Pettigrew's widow, Vaughn has done nothing but become a mockery of our profession. I can't even believe we're discussing this right now, if I'm being honest.

~Harrison turns and glares back at Schoeder, who has the good sense to not look away, lest it reveal something about what's changed.~

Judd Harrison: It's an easy decision here, gentlemen. Turn this wrass-ler down and let's get back to doing business the right way!

~There is some cheers from the more vocal members of the Union, even as Harrison steps down. He looks surprised, though, at the individuals who didn't seem to cheer with them. One even gets up and takes his spot at the mic, beginning to give praise to Vaughn. This is the man we saw crying in his office earlier. Taking in a quick measurement of the room, Harrison excuses himself and steps outside. He gets on his cell phone, looking around in annoyance.~

Judd Harrison: Yeah, this is Judd. Look, I don't know what Vaughn's got on people, but I'm sensing some bad vibes from in there. We need to nip this in the bud before the vote takes place, and I think I know how. It's time to exploit Vaughn's own reputation against him. Here's what we're gonna do...

~Harrison turns away, quietly speaking into the phone, as we break away.~

Confucius was quoted as saying "The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Did he actually say that? Who knows. But it's an apt analogy. When you set yourself up some nearly impossible goals for your future, you have to start moving step by step towards them. You need to chop away, swing by swing, until you reach what you're aiming for.

Besides, I like thinking of Malimar and the doggy as being small stones in my journey.

It's interesting to me that the press releases for Into The Void XII were referring to Mal as a "future champion". It's almost as if they're setting up the fans' hopes on him to take out the Saviors and finally achieve that destiny of his or something. The problem is, when you refer to someone as a "future champion", you expect them to make that climb. You see them as achieving greatness and moving on to a Hall of Fame career.

But Malachi has been here for THREE years.

Don't you think by now, if he was going to become a singles champion, he would have done it already? Has it just been bad luck? Bad timing? A combination of the two? Or is it possible... is it PROBABLE that Mally just isn't putting in the work necessary to rise up to those lofty expectations? I mean, I didn't see his 'potential' being achieved when we fought. Oh, sure, he got in some hits on me, especially with that damned staple gun. If anything he showed me that I need to practice with staples more.

I prefer the nail gun variety. More accurate, you understand.

But in the end, I easily reversed his terrible finisher and planted him in the ground with one of my better moves, the Keyholder. That said, it's not exactly my most dominant finisher, is it? I didn't give him the Plunge. I didn't get my Revenged. But I still put him down and out, getting that three count to dash the hopes of everyone in that audience that I would get pinned.

That has to be rattling around in that large skull of yours, Malk. You have to be thinking, "I had everything available to me. Every advantage. And he still beat me clean." Hell of a rough morale strike, isn't it, going into a contest like this? Now you not only have to defeat me, you have to find a way to survive the Bully Dog as well. The odds are truly not in your favor. Anyone who's betting on you to win is just hoping for that miracle long-shot.

Hey, maybe the Roulette wheel will make it a Wood-Chopping Contest or something. You never know. That'd be about the only way ol' Mally would have an opportunity to win... although I still think I'd beat him in the end.

I think I'll always beat him in the end.

~The video cuts back in, showing us at Chamberlain’s Steak & Chop House, one of the better steak houses in Dallas. Inside, seated at a table, Vaughn sits back in contentment, having just worked over a beautifully cooked New York Strip. He finishes the final bite, swallowing it down, as he looks over at his half-brother, Thomas Hill, who seems to just be pushing his fork around his plate at this point.~

Peter Vaughn: You doing okay there, Thomas? You've barely touched your... what the hell was that called again?

Thomas Hill: It's an almond crusted goat cheese salad with scallops added in.

~Vaughn can't hide his shudder, as it was completely involuntary.~

Peter Vaughn: Sometimes I really wonder if we're actually related, half-brother...

Thomas Hill: Normally it tastes great... it's just... I can't stop thinking about your appeal to the cattle union...

Peter Vaughn: What about it? I told you, it went well. They listened to me, and I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances.

Thomas Hill: Yeah... but that's part of the problem. They listened to you.

Peter Vaughn: Wait, that's a problem now? I thought you'd see it as good news.

~Hill is quiet for a moment, still picking at his salad, before finally saying the question that's been on his mind.~

Thomas Hill: Did you do anything... illegal... in order to get them to listen to you, Peter?

~A normal individual would probably have feigned shock and outrage at being called out. Vaughn, though, isn't your normal anything. He simply shrugs, taking a drink from his beer before answering.~

Peter Vaughn: I wouldn't say illegal. I'm sure it'd be frowned upon by some people... but it's part of the business. If anything, Harrison has taught me that much.

Thomas Hill: Peter... if I'm going to be a part of this... I need things to be legitimate. I know you're used to skirting the edges of the rules in the wrestling business, but we're in a whole different world now. You've already stirred up the hornet's nest. I really don't want to be the one who gets stung.

Peter Vaughn: Seriously, you're worried about that? You should know by now that I'll have everything handled. Nothing's going to go wrong, trust me. The head of the union, Schoeder? He and I have an understanding, and I'm sure he's going to come through for us. And if something happens there, I've got several other irons in the fire. We are going to succeed, Thomas. You think I'd be here eating this expensive meal if I thought we were going to fail?

Thomas Hill: Hard to say. You never said who's paying for this.

~Vaughn genuinely laughs, a sound you don't hear too often from the man. His half-brother is one of the few people who can actually seem to reach him, bringing out some of his old emotions before the 'treatment' that changed his life forever. Vaughn nods, taking out his wallet.~

Peter Vaughn: Don't worry, I won't stick you with the bill. I've got the winnings from Malachi ready to be spent, and I can't think of any better way to use it than to spend it like a champion would. Of course, if you'd get around to getting me that company credit card for the ranch, we could use that...

Thomas Hill: I already told you, Peter, the bank turned us down. They seem to think that giving a card like that to a ranch would be a risky business decision for them.

~Vaughn grumbles, finishing his beer before standing up and putting some cash on the table.~

Peter Vaughn: Once I'm done with the union, I'll work on that particular problem as well. And I always find solutions, Thomas. Now let's get out of here. Do you need a box for... uh, that?

~Vaughn gestures at the half-eaten salad, but Thomas just shakes his head and gets up as well.~

Thomas Hill: It's not worth saving. Let's just go home.

~Looking relieved that he doesn't have to get that monstrosity boxed up, Vaughn nods, and the two men head out of the restaurant. They look around on the street, spotting where Vaughn parked his prized truck, Gabriela, and start heading that way.~

Thomas Hill: I just hope all this political nonsense doesn't distract you from your big match at Into The Void.

Peter Vaughn: Nah, this won't interfere with that at all. Just like the union, I've got several plans ready in order to take that championship. Believe me, half-brother... I'm ready for just about anything.

~As the two men reach the truck, a siren is suddenly heard. A police vehicle parks right behind the truck, with the two officers getting out, brandishing their weapons.~

Police Officer: Peter Vaughn! Stay right where you are with your hands visible at all times!

~Hill, immediately raising his hands, turns towards his half-brother, who looks legitimately shocked.~

Thomas Hill: You were saying?

~Vaughn can only shrug his shoulders, even as he raises his hands as well, having no idea what's going on.~

Okay, so even I can't be prepared for everything. But then, the same is true of my opponents.

Just look at Heartburn, who played at being a referee last show. He wasn't expecting to get so 'involved' in the conflict, was he? He sure wasn't expecting me to give him a dose of the Keyholder afterwards. I could tell by his shocked expression... just before he hit the mat and stopped seeing anything for a while.

I will admit, that was a little petty of me. I can't complain about how the referee'ing went in the match, after all. But I couldn't help myself, Bullfrog. You left yourself so wide open... and I hate to miss an opportunity to teach a lesson. I wonder, did you learn anything from it? Or will you be just as vulnerable in the future?

I guess only time will tell.

The oddsmakers would say you're the biggest threat left, Billy, now that we've lost a God. But you know what? I'm really not that scared of a Georgia Bulldog. Give him a Doberman or a Pitbull any day, and they'd shred that bulldog to pieces. They're slow, they're usually overweight, and you can tell when they're near the end of their rope. Just like you, Billy Boy.

Let's face it, you've had a good run here, maybe not an exceptional one, but a good one nonetheless. But you're not padding your stats with another victory at Into The Void, no sir. Kenny may be gone, but the Mechanic's still going to be there to make your life worse than a squashed Georgia peach. I've already proven that I can take you down. Now I just have to show the world that I can take you out.

Really, the best option you and Mally might have is to try and work together against me. I'm cocky, but not stupid. It'd be an uphill battle, fighting both of you at once in a Handicap match. But then again, you can't share that Roulette Title, can you? So it'd just be a matter of time before Malic's greed got the best of him and he waited for you to turn your back... as you're known to do.

So I wouldn't trust him, Bill. I wouldn't trust him at all. But hey, that's just me. Take whatever chances you think you need to in order to have a chance at winning.

Maybe it won't even be as bad as a staple shot to the groin this time. Or maybe we'll find a way to make it worse.

Once I've planted you in the ground and you've taken the Plunge, Billy, I'll have beaten three former champions here in SCW, and I'll be firmly established as one of the great Roulette Champs of all time. I will hold that belt with pride and dignity, defending it against everyone who deserves a shot.

And let's be fair, I'll probably defend it against undeserving doofuses, too, because that's just the way the wrestling business works.

Either way, Billy, Mally, you're going to find yourselves out of the running. Mal will once again have to live with just being a "future champion", and Bill will have nothing left but to look back on his glory days and wonder where it all went.

While me? I'm going to continue building my ladder of accomplishments, making my way up to the top of SCW step by step, inch by inch. I'm not getting stopped by you two boyos, and I'm not getting stopped by anyone else. The gold will be flowing, and the Saviors will be taking over all of the top spots.

Ready yourselves, kids. The war is just about to begin. See you then.

~As Hill and Vaughn keep their hands in the air, the two officers approach them. We can already see people watching from the sides, getting out their phones to record everything. That's what we do now in society, hoping for something good for TMZ.~

Peter Vaughn: So... something I can help you with, fellas? Did I miss a parking ticket or something? I thought I had everything paid off.

Police Officer: You have the right to remain silent, Vaughn. I recommend you use it. Turn around. You're under arrest.

~The officer turns Vaughn around forcibly, grabbing his arm. Vaughn's eyes flash, as if he's about to react in his normal fashion. But Thomas, seeing what might happen, quickly steps in.~

Thomas Hill: Officer, please! There's no need for that. He'll go along... quietly. Won't you, Peter?

~Vaughn glances over at Thomas, who has a pleading look on his face. Vaughn sighs, then seems to relax slightly as the handcuffs are put on.~

Thomas Hill: Now, if I can ask, what's the charge? Is this because of something to do with wrestling?

~As the second officer steps in, working to take Vaughn over to the police vehicle, the first one gives Thomas a cynical grin.~

Police Officer: The charge? That's easy. Vaughn here is under arrest for assault and bribery. He's also coming in due to his involvement in the death of one Mark Pettigrew.

Thomas Hill: Wait... Pettigrew? The guy who used to own the ranch? Peter didn't even know him before he died! This makes no sense! Peter? What's going on??

~Hill looks upset, as if he's not completely sure about his half-brother's capacity for violence. He looks over for reassurance as Vaughn is loaded into the car. Vaughn just looks back, not looking too concerned.~

Peter Vaughn: You know where the spare keys are kept, Thomas. Keep Gabriela safe, okay?

~All Thomas can do is weakly nod, even as the officers get into the car and pull out, driving away. The police vehicle stops at the next stop sign, spending a slightly longer amount of time than needed to sit there. As Vaughn looks out the passenger window, he can see the man in the truck nearby. Judd Harrison gives him a sly grin and tips his hat, having been there to witness it all. Vaughn glares at him as the police car moves on, leaving Harrison behind to bask in his triumph. We fade out.~

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
    • Malachi
Re: MALACHI v BULLDOG v PETER VAUGHN v GODLY KEN - VACANT ROULETTE TITLE
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 11:52:38 PM »
April 23
During Climax Control

When the final bell sounded and he was left flat on his back in the middle of the ring, the pain radiating from every part of his body, his eyes blinded by the sweat rolling into them and the lights overhead…

Something inside of him broke.

The next moment, it was like the pain disappeared. The noise of the crowd faded to nothing but static in his ears. He stared up into the lights unblinking until white was all he saw and he felt his retinas searing. The only thing he felt, the only thing he heard…the beating of his heart, thundering in his chest.

He just went numb.

A few moments passed by, but it could have been hours for all he knew. He finally rolled to his side, pushed himself up to rest on his knees. He took a moment to sit there, staring down at the canvas. Slowly, the world came back to life around him, but he paid no mind. He simply made his way to the edge of the ring, rolling under the bottom rope and sitting up on the apron. He slid down to the floor and began the slow trudge up the ramp, not even acknowledging the fans on either side who had their hands outstretched towards him. He kept his gaze lowered to the diamond-patterned steel under his feet as he got up to the entrance stage, pushing his way through the backstage curtain.

The slow walk continued through the production area and down the steps to the backstage hallway, past crew members who shot him curious looks as he made his way past them heading for the locker room. His mind was blank, he just wanted to get out of this arena as quickly as he possibly could.

A gentle hand on his shoulder made him pause mid-step, and he turned his head the barest amount to the left. A fall of blonde hair was enough for him to identify his mother-in-law Laura Phoenix, and he turned his head the rest of the way to look up at her face. Her eyes shone with pity for him, and she opened her mouth to no doubt spew some mindless platitudes meant to soothe his shattered ego.

So instead, he roughly shrugged her hand off of his shoulder and continued walking past her. He was in no mood for any of it at the moment. The smallest part of him felt a flare of guilt, but the feeling was quickly tamped down as he pushed the locker room door open and began roughly shoving his gear in his bag. He stopped to throw on a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants over his gear, and then hefted his bag over his shoulder and walked out of the room. As he headed back down the hallways he passed by Laura again, and she heard him call his name in a stern tone, but he completely ignored her as he headed to the parking lot and to his waiting rental car. Tossing his gear bag into the passenger seat, he put himself behind the wheel but instead of starting the car up, he just sat for a moment, staring out of the front windshield. His hands gripped the steering wheel so tight the knuckles began to turn white, and he felt his breathing start to speed up and his heart rate climb again.

He let all the pent-up rage and frustration course through his body, letting out a guttural yell and pounding the steering wheel over and over with the palm of his hand. When his throat was raw and his hand was tingling with pain, he let the emotions purge from his body and slumped back into his seat. The numbness overtook him again, and he tuned the world out as he started the car and drove back to the hotel.

——-
The next day

He sat on the plane, staring blankly out the window. He had seen a few of his SCW roster mates at the airport before the plane boarded, but he ignored everyone as he checked in and found his seat. Slipping his headphones on over his ears, he silently hoped that the rest of his row stayed empty, as he was still not in much of a mood to interact with anyone. As it was, the only texts he sent to Bella were just to tell her that he was OK and he’d be home soon.

He kept staring out the window, watching as the crew loaded up the plane when he felt someone sit next to him. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh, hoping that at least it was a stranger who didn’t know who he was and wouldn’t talk to him for the rest of the flight. But when he took a quick look beside him, he was surprised to see Laura sitting in the seat. To her credit, she didn’t acknowledge him at first, simply settling herself into the seat for the trip back to Ireland.

Eventually, the plane was loaded and ready for takeoff, and they were soon in the air and cruising over Europe. For the first hour or so, neither Malachi or Laura spoke with each other. He kept his headphones on while he read a book, and she had her iPad open in front of her as she worked on some business details. But he felt eyes on him after a little while, and he turned to see Laura giving him her best motherly stare.

Bella’s worried, you know,” she said simply.

He let out a sigh, lowering his book and sliding his headphones off to rest around his neck. “I told her I was fine. I’ve had worse injuries than a few holes from a staple gun…even if a couple of them were in a sensitive area.

Laura shook her head. “No, your short texts. I mean, I know you’re no James Joyce or anything, but you usually give more than one or two word answers, especially with her. She’s concerned.

And there it was. The proverbial elephant in the room. He had been on a great run since making his return to SCW, but now that he had three major losses to his name, everyone in his life was concerned. He felt the irritation rising inside of him, but took a deep breath to calm himself. Wouldn’t do him any good to fly off the handle at his mother-in-law, especially on a plane where there wouldn’t be a way to isolate himself. “I understand that, but I’m fine. I’m just trying to keep my mind focused on the next Supercard.

She looked at him dubiously, but let the matter drop as she turned back to her iPad. He slid the headphones back over his ears and raised up his book, praying that the rest of the flight passed by quickly.

—----------
April 26
Manhattan, New York

It feels good to be home!” Bella proclaimed loudly as the couple stepped back into their New York townhome. She smiled as she let Luka off her leash so the husky could run around their home, after she had been looked after by Bella’s stepfather Nick for the last few weeks while they had been in Europe. She also set down the small carrier in her hand and snapped open the door, where a small black cat cautiously peeked its head out. “And this will be your new home, Salem. I’m sure you and Luka are going to be best friends in no time.

Salem meowed and started sniffing around the home, as Bella hung her coat up on the rack on the wall just as Mal came in the door behind her with the luggage. “Babe, I told you I could have helped with that,” she said.

Not in your condition,” he gruffed as he put the suitcases at the bottom of the stairs. “I almost didn’t want you to carry the cat.

Aww, he’s just a little thing, it was fine.

They kicked off their shoes and headed into the living room, where Bella plopped down on the sofa. “As much as I loved visiting Waterford again, I don’t think I can do much more traveling with you. I feel like I could sleep for a week now!

He smiled a bit as he went to the kitchen to get himself a bottle of water. “Well, maybe you should take it easy for a little while. Don’t want any unexpected surprises popping up, you know?

Yeah, maybe you’re right.” She sighed, before turning around to look at him. “Hey, how are you feeling, anyways?

The question caught him a bit off-guard, as he’d gotten over his initial feelings of frustration by the time he and Laura had landed in Ireland, and he thought that everything had been good between them. “I’m fine. Why?

She gave him a look, the one that said she could see right through him and knew when he was just trying to placate her. “Mom told me about what happened after the show.

He closed his eyes and let out a short breath through his nose. Thank you, Laura.Look, I admit, I was a bit…frustrated after that match. But it’s all good, and I’m just focused on the supercard, OK?

He thought that was going to be the end of the discussion, but then he caught her still staring at him. He felt his irritation rising, much like it had back in Romania with her mother, and he did something that he’d never done towards Bella - he snapped at her. “What the hell do you want me to say, Bella? That I’m just a fuckin’ failure? Because believe me, that’s all that’s been playing in my head nonstop since Sunday.

Her eyes widened and a look of shock took over her face. “Mal, that’s not what -

You may not have said it, but I know what you’re thinking when you look at me. The same thing that Laura’s thinking. The same thing the fans and all the SCW people are probably thinking. I’m sick and tired of getting these opportunities just to have them blow up in my fuckin’ face!” He started pacing the floor, running a hand through his hair. “I’m tired of everyone thinking I’m just some fuckin’ joke. I thought coming back to SCW would be my redemption. That I would finally be someone.

He stopped pacing and looked over to Bella, who was staring at him with pity in her big blue eyes. But for some reason all that did was stoke his ire even more, and he let out a snarl as he stormed off to the front door.

Mal! Where are you going?” he heard her call out.

Somewhere. Anywhere. I need to clear my head.” He slipped on his shoes, grabbed his keys, and then he was out the door, letting it slam behind him.

—------

The iconic sight of the Brooklyn Bridge, highlighted against the night sky by the warm golden lights that dotted the impressive structure, were what greeted the viewers as the scene opened up. The cars passing by provided some background noise as the camera slowly traveled along the deserted footpath. Eventually, a silhouetted figure could be seen leaning against the railing, looking out onto the waters of the East River. As the camera got closer, the person was revealed to be Malachi, but he did not look at the camera as it approached him. He just continued to stare down into the murky, churning waters of the river, the flickering lights from the city illuminating the melancholy look on his face.

Maybe I should just fill my pockets with rocks and take a leap, hm? I bet there’s a lot of people out there who would not be sad to see me go. Truth be told, it’s almost a tempting proposition. With everything that’s happened lately…

He left the sentence trailing in the wind, before a cocky smirk overtook his face and he glanced sideways at the camera, his blue eyes glinting like ice chips in the low light. “Nah, you fuckers aren’t getting off that easy. I’ve never been one to take the easy way out, and I sure as hell ain’t gonna start now. Just because I’ve had a few low points lately doesn’t mean that I’m not about to claw and fight my way back into my rightful place in the title picture. And sure enough, another redemption opportunity has been presented to me, almost on a silver fuckin’ platter. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy that Goth had to relinquish the title. I was looking forward to getting another shot at him and the Roulette title, but fate had other plans it seems. Now, I step into the ring with a couple of other men to see which one of us is going to become the new Roulette champion.

First up, we got Bill Barnhart. A man that’s got huge delusions of grandeur that he’s about to become a three-time Roulette champion. But just as sure as I beat you a little while ago, I’m about to do the same fuckin’ thing again. I can only imagine what kind of bullshit tale you’re going to spin to bore the masses and try to make your claim as to why you’re gonna be the one to win this match.” Mal gave a sarcastic roll of his eyes. “We all know what to expect with a Bill Barnhart promo, don’t we? Some insane fuckin’ ramblings about picking up his dog’s shit and him trying desperately to spin it in the context of his next match. It might be entertaining…if he didn’t have the personality of fuckin’ drywall.

He turned to fully face the camera now, crossing his arms over his chest. “I finally got my redemption over you, so if you think for one single solitary second that you’re walking out with that title over me, then you’re even more delusional than I thought. And that’s saying something, because I think you’re pretty god damn delusional to the point where you need to be institutionalized. Maybe after I drop you on your head one more time you’ll get a lick of common sense knocked into you, and you’ll stop rambling like some old geezer in a retirement home. I won’t hold my breath on that, but hey…stranger things have happened around here.

His arms unfolded and he slid his hands into the pockets of his jeans. “And then, Peter Vaughn. I saw what you had to say before our match last Sunday. Think you’re fuckin’ clever with the stupid nicknames. You’re not the first one who thought it’d be funny to butcher my name, and I’m sure you won’t be the last, so you can keep on with your unoriginal grade school comedy act as much as you want. It’ll be real hard for you to talk your shit when I’ve headbutted your jaw out the other side of your head. I’ve already had one redemption moment this year against Barnhart, and I’ll damn sure get another one over you when not only do I avenge that loss from the last show, but I become the new Roulette champion in the process.

His eyes narrowed as his mouth twisted into a vicious sneer, a look that had not been present since his return to SCW. “It doesn’t matter to me just what kind of match this ends up being, but I’m hoping for something a little…violent. Something that’ll give me a chance to get all this pent-up rage and aggression out of my system. Because there’s a lot of it, and come hell or high water, at Into The Void I am ready to do whatever it takes to finally get my hands on singles gold in this company. I don’t care who or what I have to go through in this match. Not a single person in that ring will be spared my wrath if they get in my way.

He turned his back to the camera and spread his arms to the side. “‘A man can be destroyed but not defeated.’

Offline Andrew

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Bill Barnhart
THE ROULETTE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH IS GOING MY WAY AND NOT A FOUR WAY

Narrator:  Bill, along with his wife Bea, and their English Bulldog Iris, are in London for Into The Void XII. Bill said he is making his Roulette Championship match to be his way which means he is winning the match and becoming a three-time Roulette Champion in Sin City Wrestling.

MY WAY. . .NOT A FOUR WAY

The scene changes to the hotel room where Bill and Bea Barnhart, and their English Bulldog Iris, are staying during Into The Void XII, We see Bill and Iris sitting on the couch and we see Bea in the background going back and forth in the room taking care of some things.

Bill:  Thanks for joining me today. I wish to present comments on my Roulette Championship match at Into The Void XII which takes place this Sunday. There are four of us assigned to this match and the winner earns the Roulette Championship which was vacated by Goth. In addition to me being in the match the other wrestlers assigned to the match are Malachi, Peter Vaughn, and Godly Ken Davison. Wrestlers assigned to matches normally brag how great they are, or they rely on quoting previous history in the ring against their current opponents, or they just flat out talk smack because they have nothing useful to say. Before you get all uppity and denounce me for saying that about Malachi, Peter Vaughn, and Kan Davison, let me stop you.

Bill stops talking for a few moments then he continues.

Bill:  What I did do was to list all the matches I’ve had with each of my three opponents and the outcomes of those matches. Then I went on to explain why I am coming into this Roulette Championship match to win it and walk away as a three-time Roulette Champion. That is not talking smack. That is not bragging. I simply told the truth while my opponents were in front of the camera spewing forth lies.

Bill pauses his comments so he can pet Iris who enjoys the petting then he continues with his comments.

Bill:  Our match is a four-way match and it is for the vacated Roulette Championship. I do not care where the Roulette Wheel lands or what type of match, or the rules, or lack of rules, that the spot stipulates for our match. The bottom line in our match is who can get the win first under the rules and stipulations of the match. Another thing most wrestlers do in multi-wrestler matches is they try to do too much, too soon, and that usually fails. In a multi-wrestler match like we are having on Sunday if you try to focus on everyone at the same time you most likely will fail. If you focus on one wrestler at a time and disable them you then leave yourself with less wrestlers to deal with.

IT COMES DOWN TO THIS

Bill:  I do not look at matches like this as ME against three other wrestlers at the same time. I look at matches like this as ME against one wrestler at a time where you go into your match and disable one opponent at a time until you have one left that you defeat for the win. It comes down to this. . .THE ROULETTE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH IS GOING MY WAY AND NOT A FOUR WAY which means four wrestlers enter the ring as contenders and only I
leave the match as the winner. See you three losers on Sunday!

Bill informs the camera person that he is done with his comments for today and the camera person cuts his camera feed and the Network returns to the programming normally scheduled for this time slot.

Offline Peter Vaughn

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Just Some Minor Obstacles In My Path...
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 04:27:39 PM »
~Welcome back to the warehouse! The room looks fairly empty this time around, as the camera pans around the darkened area. One by one, though, light begins to come through the various windows scattered around. The light, though, isn't your typical light. It's the familiar red and blue flashes that signify the police have arrived. Some of them cast an ominous glow through the iron bars on the windows, bringing to mind thoughts of prison life. At least, for those of you who have experienced it. As the lights continue to flash, we see Peter Vaughn step out of the dark corner, walking towards the camera. He is dressed a little differently here, as his coveralls are now of the orange variety, typical for prisoners of the penal system. He looks behind him, taking in the flashing lights, before turning back to look straight at us.~

Peter Vaughn: There's something about those lights, isn't there? The red and blue flashes that immediately grab your attention, especially if you see them gaining on your vehicle from behind. Add in the shriek of the siren and the threat of violence nowadays, and you can't help but feel some anxiety about what's going to happen next. It's enough to get anyone's blood pumping, wondering what they did wrong to bring out the 5-0 on them, tracking them down.

~Vaughn reaches down to his faithful remote, which is currently strapped to a pocket in his coveralls. Blinds start lowering, gradually cutting off the lights of the police.~

Peter Vaughn: That being said, I've never found myself fearing the "PoPo", as my dad used to call them. Back in the day, in a different time, I truly believed that the police were on our side, so I knew in my heart that they were on my side. They were there to protect me and my family. I expected the best of them. Of course, nowadays I have a different interpretation: namely that I don't care what their motives are. I just know they're getting in my way. They're just a nuisance, a hinderance... an annoyance.

~The heavy blinds lock into position, completely cutting out the world outside. Of course, that does have the effect of making everything dark inside the warehouse as well. From the darkness, we hear Vaughn's voice.~

Peter Vaughn: But I can block out their sirens and their lights, because there's only one light I care about anymore... the spotlight.

~A blinding light comes down from above, highlighting Vaughn as he stands there, smiling. In the dark, he apparently shed the prison outfit, as he's back in his usual clothes.~

Peter Vaughn: At Into The Void, I'll be claiming the spotlight for myself, no matter how many people are inside the squared circle with me. I'm going to continue my Sin City Pay-Per-View winning streak, and I'm going to claim my first championship with the company, as I continue my ascent to the top. As for guys like Bulldog and Malachi? Well...

~Vaughn looks around to either side of him, where there are no additional spotlights shining down. It's complete darkness all around him.~

Peter Vaughn: I guess those two are going to have to get used to seeing in the dark, because no way in hell are they coming with me.

~Vaughn turns and starts walking away, and surprisingly, the spotlight follows with him, staying straight above him. It must be on some sort of track, designed to keep Vaughn in range. The man does love his gadgets. He reaches the door, kicking it open as soon as he's close. We once again can see the flashing police lights outside, along with what are apparently a few yells towards the door. Vaughn looks back, grinning.~

Peter Vaughn: The spotlight... will always be mine. And so with the Roulette Championship.

~Vaughn storms outside, slamming the door behind him. If there are any more sounds, they're muffled, as the spotlight goes out, taking us back into the darkness.~

~The video comes on, seemingly taken from the cameras inside the police car. We see the view out the windshield camera, as the vehicle comes to a stop behind Peter Vaughn's prized truck, Gabriela. The officers both get out, marching over to where Vaughn and his half-brother, Thomas Hill, are looking at them with shocked expressions. We can hear the officer's shouted warning loud and clear.~

Police Officer: Peter Vaughn! Stay right where you are with your hands visible at all times!

~The rest of the conversation is muffled, as Vaughn looks ready to strike, only to decide on a more peaceful approach after his half-brother calms him down. The officers bring Vaughn back over near the car, his hands cuffed in front of him. He turns at the doorway, looking back at the semi-distraught Hill.~

Peter Vaughn: You know where the spare keys are kept, Thomas. Keep Gabriela safe, okay?

~The officers don't wait for the brother's response, as they push Vaughn into the car. The angle switches to a front view, where we can see both the front and back seats of the vehicle. The two officers get inside, as Vaughn leans back on the seat, as if preparing for a vacation rather than an inquisition. They head out, with the one officer reaching for the mic.~

Police Officer: Unit 8 calling central. We've got a 10-15 at Chamberlain’s Steak & Chop House. No issues expected. We're 10-19. Over.

~The station worker replies, receiving their transmission, as the vehicle pulls out. They drive down the road, with the driver making sure to slow down for a few moments at the stop sign, pretending to look left and right several times. In the back seat, Vaughn can be seen tensing up. As we know from the end of our last promo, he's currently seeing his ranching nemesis, Judd Harrison, smirking at him as he watches him get arrested. The car then pulls forward, heading down the road.!

Police Officer #2: Glad this run is almost over, Martinez. This is a waste of our time.

Officer Martinez: Are you kidding, Phillips? This is for your benefit too, you know. Just trust me on this.

~As the vehicle continues on its journey, we focus on Vaughn, who seems to be studying the handcuffs locked around his hands. He then works with them, managing to twist them enough so that he can reach his watch. He fiddles with it, making some adjustments, and suddenly the watch gives a loud beeping sound. Martinez immediately looks in the rear-view mirror, checking things out, but Vaughn has straightened up. He nods to them, now putting a smile on his face.~

Peter Vaughn: So you boys work for ol' Judd-head, do you? He pay well? Good benefits?

Officer Phillips: Be quiet, Vaughn. You have the right to remain silent, don't waste it.

Peter Vaughn: Hey, I just want to know how much it's worth, putting together some trumped-up charges against me. I mean, assault? That's an easy one, I'm a wrestler, I can see everyone believing it. But bribery? That's a bit of a stretch. Do you really think people are going to look at me and think I'm loaded enough for that?

~Phillips just looks away, but Martinez gives a loud snort.~

Officer Martinez: You own a ranch, for God's sake...

Peter Vaughn: And you think that makes me a rich man? You should see the overhead I have to put up with. I DO plan on that ranch being profitable, though, if I can find a way past your boss Harrington.

Officer Martinez: Good luck with that. Mr. Harrington is the most powerful person in this city.

Peter Vaughn: More powerful than the mayor? I'm friends with him, by the way.

Officer Martinez: The dirt that Mr. Harrington has on him will keep in line, and you don't have to worry about that, anyway.

Phillips: Enough, Martinez, we don't need to talk to him.

Officer Martinez: Hey, the man wants to chat after being screwed, what's wrong with that?

~Martinez gives a short, raspy laugh, as Phillips shakes his head. Vaughn sits forward, getting his hands up on the barrier between them.~

Peter Vaughn: So Judd told you guys to come and arrest me? And you just did it? Without worrying about any consequences?

Officer Martinez: Hah! What consequences? We're perfectly within our rights to arrest anyone we believe has committed a crime. It's up to the prosecutor's office to decide if the case should move forward or be dropped. Of course, by the time they get around to tossing this one out with an 'apology' to you, your little vote will have taken place, won't it?

Peter Vaughn: Ahhh, so you know about the cattle union vote. I guess that makes sense.

Officer Martinez: When that board hears all about what you've been arrested for, and how you're suspected in the death of Mark Pettigrew, well, I'm pretty sure that vote's not going to go your way.

Peter Vaughn: Pettigrew, huh? Never met the man. Actually, I heard he was actually a rival of Juddies as well. Seems to me it'd make more sense that Harrington took him out.

Officer Phillips: Pettigrew died of natural causes.

Officer Martinez: Oh, that's what the medical report says, kid, but I happen to know there was something covered up in that one. Who knows? Maybe Pettigrew WAS eliminated. A lot of people think that... and many would be glad to suspect the man who bought his ranch from his widow.

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, yeah... people always suspect me of doing the wrong thing, don't they? I'm kind of used to it by now.

Officer Martinez: Well, then, you should be perfectly fine just sitting in jail for the next day or two until you're able to make bail, knowing that Mr. Harrington has squashed your dreams of being a cattle rancher once and for all.

Peter Vaughn: Well, Harrington and you bozos, since you've trumped up these charges against me.

Officer Martinez: Damn straight! You remember us when your little ranch is going belly up, hah hah hah!

~Martinez laughs loudly as he makes another turn. Phillips just looks annoyed with the whole thing, slumping to the side. In the back, Vaughn's smile is slowly growing as we cut away.~

I do so love it when someone can't keep their mouth shut. It makes my job so much easier.

Like, say, my man Mallary. Or Malic. Or just Mal.

All fun nicknames, and it's true, I do tend to love mixing things up... Malachi. And do you know why I do it, when everyone thinks it's juvenile and ridiculous? Well, because it gets under people's skin like nothing else I've done. Why, it's worked on you, obviously, as you're ready to make another careless mistake and get ko'ed once again. I was taught a couple of years ago that the best way to get a victory over an opponent is to start early, before the match, before the night of the match, before the wrestlers have even arrived at the arena.

You start worming your way into their psyche, and you've got weapons to use against them. That's something you're going to need to work on, Mally. You need to build up some defenses for that sort of thing, and not let them get under your skin... or in your head. Then, maybe you WILL someday live up to that "future champion" billing.

And let's get one thing straight: I don't want to see you go walk off a bridge or anything. I'm not that kind of guy. I definitely want to see you competing at Into The Void, because I've learned that you don't get much respect for beating up on someone who's not fully invested in winning. I'd rather my opponents come into the match with some sense of thinking they could win, even if in their mind, it would be a miracle.

I want you to try, Malk. Try and not get defeated.

Hey, in this kind of match, you might even get to say you didn't get pinned or submit. You can leave that to the bulldoggy and have something to hang your hat on. Unless it's a ladder match or something, then, well, damn, sorry about that. You'll just have to find a way to deal with the fact that I took you down twice in a row, coming out victorious and leaving you in the dust.

But hey, you've still got the future to look forward to, right?

You still that Bella lady hanging off your arm, and I think I heard she's pregnant? Could just be a rumor in the tabloids, but if she is, congratulations. Maybe that's where your "future champion" can come into effect, getting that bright blue medal that says "World's Greatest Dad" or something. You can get all those participation trophies that they love to hand out as you spend time with your family.

I know it sounds like I'm mocking you for that... and I am, a little. But the truth is, I know I'm never going to have a family. I'm never going to come home to someone waiting for me, because it's just not in me to have a relationship like that. I just don't have that... kind of connection. So you should cherish what you've got. Go home to it and be happy.

You've got something that I'll never have, and once I get the Roulette Title by smacking you two bums down after a tremendous brawl, I'll have something that you'll never have.

It feels like a fair trade to me, personally.

~The cruiser continues on its way, getting off the main highway.~

Officer Martinez: Only a few more blocks, Vaughn, and then we'll be getting you... checked in.

Officer Phillips: And don't even think about causing us any problems there. You're in enough trouble without adding the assault of a police officer to your record.

Peter Vaughn: Y'know, I think I've been accused of that before, so it wouldn't exactly be a new addition to my file. I mean, I don't think anyone would be surprised by some... aggression from me.

~Both men turn for a second to side-glare at Vaughn, who's still smiling in the back of the cruiser. He's got his hands up close to them, tilting one of them to the side.~

Officer Martinez: You're a real nutcase, aren't you?

Peter Vaughn: You're not the first to say that, and definitely won't be the last. So you guys should know... I kind of admire your willingness to earn some extra money for your families. I assume that's why you're doing it, at least, Phillips. I see that wedding ring you've got on.

~Instinctively, Phillips puts one hand over the other, hiding the ring, even though it's already been seen.~

Peter Vaughn: I don't see one on you, Mitchell. Your woman bail on you? You have the feel of a divorcee.

Officer Martinez: Shut up, Vaughn, or you're going to 'trip' on the way into the precinct.

Peter Vaughn: Ahhh, okay, as long as we're going with threats... you two have one more chance to do "the right thing" and let me out before we get to the station.

Officer Martinez: Or what? The big, bad wrestler's going to tear off this screen between us and attack? We don't have and tables or chairs in here, you idiot.

Peter Vaughn: ... You're sitting in one right now...

Officer Martinez: YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!! You aren't going to be able to fight your way out of this one!

Peter Vaughn: Maybe not... but I do have some other connections, which include a half-brother who's a big fan of technology.

~Martinez grins and nudges at Phillips, who looks slightly concerned with where this conversation is going.~

Officer Martinez: And what? Your brother going to hack us or something? Hah!

Peter Vaughn: Oh, no, he wouldn't be doing anything like that. He loves technology, but he's not particularly great at working with it. No, I bring it up because he's wanted me to get more into the modern world. He even gave me this watch...

~Vaughn taps at the watch on his wrist, not an easy thing to do with handcuffs on, but he manages it. He manages to turn it and press on something, and there's another loud beep that catches both officers' attention, having heard it earlier.~

Peter Vaughn: You have to love watches these days. People couldn't just rely on them telling time. They expanded them to have stop-watch capabilities and to set alarms to wake you up. But even that wasn't enough. Now they come with built-in internet access, able to communicate with the World Wide Web... and of course, they now have mics, giving them the ability to record conversations and ship them out to... I think they call it The Cloud.

~Phillips' face has noticeably paled, as he looks over at Martinez, who has been talking way too much during this cruiser ride. Martinez looks pissed, gripping the steering wheel harder than necessary as he works through what Vaughn's saying.~

Peter Vaughn: The nice thing is, you can set someone else up to have access to your Cloud information. See, I'm not big on keeping track of things like that, but my half-brother? Oh, he's a wizard at it. He's probably a little OCD if I'm being honest, but sometimes that can work in your favor... like now, for instance.

Officer Martinez: You son of a bitch.

Peter Vaughn: Now, now, let's not bring families into this. You know if I wanted to, I could have waited and revealed this information later on... in court, for instance. But instead, I decided we might as well do this here, because it's better for all concerned if we just get this over with now. You let me go, removing any hint of those 'false charges', and that recording magically never surfaces again. Your careers are safe. Now doesn't that sound like a win/win?

Officer Phillips: Donny...

Officer Martinez: Shut up, Phillips, I'm thinking!

Officer Phillips: What's there to think about?? I never wanted to do this stupid thing anyway!! Now pull over!!

Officer Martinez: GOD DAMN IT!!

~The police cruiser suddenly, violently snaps to the side, causing one car to blare its horn at them. The cruiser then ends up parked alongside the curb, only a block or so from the police station. Martinez angrily fumes as Phillips gets up and opens the back door. Vaughn gets out, raising his hands suggestively, and Phillips quickly takes the handcuffs off.~

Peter Vaughn: There now, that's better. Don't you feel better, officer?

~Phillips just looks away, disgusted. It's hard to tell if he's more annoyed at Vaughn, Martinez... or himself.~

Officer Phillips: Just get out of here.

~Vaughn nods, then looks in the passenger window at the still furious Martinez, who glares over at him.~

Peter Vaughn: Good luck in your explanation to Judd, boyo.

Officer Martinez: This isn't over, Vaughn.

Peter Vaughn: Oh, I can GUARANTEE it's not over, Martinez. Not for you, and not for Harrington. Because you only get to take me by surprise once... I'll be seeing you.

~Vaughn pats Phillips on the shoulder, causing him to wince. He gets back in the cruiser, not looking at Martinez as he grabs the mic off the dashboard.~

Officer Phillips: Unit 8 calling central. 10-22, repeat, 10-22. Over.

~The radio operator acknowledges the call, sounding confused at the cancellation, but doing their job nonetheless. The cruiser pulls away, leaving Vaughn standing on the edge of the road. He looks left and right, as if trying to place exactly where he is, before he pulls out his phone and presses a quick-dial number.~

Peter Vaughn: Hey, Thomas, it's me. What? No, I'm not wasting my one phone call on you. I'm free. Huh? NO, I'm not on the run! Look, just come pick me up and I'll explain everything, okay?

~Vaughn starts giving directions to his location as we cut away once more.~

Always have your back-up strategies in hand when you are forced to improvise. It makes things so much easier.

Of course, to have a back-up strategy for me, you'd have to actually know me and what I can do inside the squared circle. From what I hear, Barnowl didn't even really care to find out the smallest bit of information about me, even AFTER I kicked his ass after my match with Mally. I mean, that's pretty dense, Billy, even from you. You didn't bother to look into my record, and how I've dominated everywhere I've gone in the wrestling world. You didn't take note of how I have yet to be pinned in Sin City, taking the fight to everyone who's stepped in front of me?

Gotta admit... I'm a little insulted.

I mean, I did the research on you, and I thought I gave you rather decent props for what you had done in your career. But now I'm wondering if you just lucked into those title reigns you've had. Maybe you weren't the real threat in this one, after all.

Boy, my optimism for this one has really been shot to pieces. First a God is forced to bail out due to injury, and now a bulldog appears to be neutered. Thank goodness for Malachi, I suppose.

Look, Burnheart, you've still got a few days. At least spend a few minutes looking through YouTube. You'll find some of my greatest moves there, clipped by fans of the sport. Maybe you can least get a SMALL sense of what you're getting into, because right now, you're in no shape to fight "The Mechanic". And I'm not referring to that gut you've got there, I'm talking about your mindset.

You can't just come into this thinking you're going to get handed your third Roulette Title. It doesn't work that way. You already showed you had no idea of how to dodge one of my favorite moves. How are you going to be able to stand against the Plunge?

The answer, of course, is you won't be standing, but if you had studied me, you'd know that.

I know we're going to be having to play things by ear in a Roulette Rules match. I know none of us have any clue what kind of hellish contest we're going to be put through. But as Ben Franklin said, "By failing to prepare, you're preparing to fail." Or something like that. I think it was Franklin. The kite guy, right?

Essentially, by not preparing for the parts of this match you DO know about, you stand no chance of surviving the parts you don't. And Bill, it would take me quite a while to list all the things you don't know about. You're looking fairly brain dead to me. Bummer.

Well, I'll see if I can jog some of those brain cells if given the chance. Smashing some steel into your forehead might do it. Sending you flying from the top of a cage might jostle them loose. Keeping you locked inside the zero-degree freezer while I walk out the champion, well, that probably won't help.

Do you guys do Below Zero matches here? It's something to look into, as long as you don't mind the loss of a finger or toe.

Whatever the type of match it ends up being, my experience will allow me to adjust to what's asked of me. I'll fly higher and strike harder than either of you two, as my ascent to my first championship here will be not be denied. I plan to be ready for anything and everything... will you?

First start preparing yourselves to take the Plunge... and go from there.

~We rejoin Vaughn on the side of the road, as he annoyedly checks his watch once again. He paces back and forth, clearly impatient. Suddenly, he hears a familiar truck horn and turns, smiling as he sees Gabriela driving towards him. The truck wavers slightly, causing Vaughn's smile to falter. He watches as the truck comes close to the curb, then inches away, then gets closer again as it closes in on him. Vaughn takes a reflexive step back as the truck finally comes to a stop next to him, almost hitting the curb. Thomas Hill puts down the window, smiling in relief at his half-brother.~

Thomas Hill: So you weren't lying! They did let you go! How'd you do it?

Peter Vaughn: Out.

Thomas Hill: Exactly, you're out, that's why I...

Peter Vaughn: Get out. Now.

~Vaughn stomps around to the driver's side, with Thomas finally opening the door and sliding out. Vaughn pushes him to go around to the passenger's seat, before getting back into the truck and patting the dashboard.~

Peter Vaughn: I'm sorry I put you through that, Gabriela. Trust me, I'll do my best not to let him drive ever again, okay?

~As trucks can't talk, there's no answer. Thomas gets in the other side, grumbling under his breath.~

Thomas Hill: You'd think I dented her or something...

~The truck pulls away, headed down the road, as Thomas clears his throat and looks over at his half-brother, who's now looking more relaxed.~

Thomas Hill: So?

Peter Vaughn: So, what?

Thomas Hill: Are you going to tell me what happened? How'd you get out? Was there any bloodshed? Is there going to be a manhunt for you? A man needs to know these things, Peter!

Peter Vaughn: Nah, you don't have to worry about it. Everything got... cleared up on the way to the station. Actually, in a strange sort of way, I have you to thank for it.

Thomas Hill: Oh, really? Now I'm really curious. What did I do?

Peter Vaughn: You remember that Apple watch you got me for Christmas?

Thomas Hill: ... The one that you refuse to wear, because you like the old-fashioned ones that don't have viewscreens attached to them? What about it?

~Vaughn grins, reaching over with one hand to tap the watch on his wrist. Getting a better look at it, we can definitely tell it's not as high-tech as Vaughn made it out to be. He presses the button on the side of it, once again causing the loud beep to sound out. Since we can see the screen, we can see that a timer has now started on the small digital display, one of the few additions to a watch of this type. Clearly, it's not something that would have recording capabilities.~

Peter Vaughn: Let's just say thinking about it allowed an idea to pop into my head...

~The grin gets a little larger, as Vaughn replays the fact of how he put one over on the gullible officers, who were too egotistical or nervous to really take a good look at Vaughn's watch. Looks like neither Martinez nor Phillips will ever make detective. The truck drives on down the road, as Vaughn heads back to the freedom of his ranch... prepared to once again make some plans on how to deal with one Judd Harrington, as well as a few cops on the take. We fade out.~

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
    • Malachi
April 27
Greenwich Village, New York

The morning sun shone directly into his face and he groaned as he rolled over and pulled the pillow over his head. His brain felt like a construction zone, and a jackhammer was pounding away behind his eyes. He groaned again as he squinted his eyes open, waiting a few moments for the blurriness to dissipate. As his eyes focused, confusion washed over him as he stared at the unfamiliar surroundings.

Th’hell?” he mumbled, sitting up slowly in the bed. He winced as another sharp pain dashed across his head, pressing his fingers to his temples. He looked around the room again, trying to piece together what had happened to him last night. He remembered traveling from his home in Manhattan up to Greenwich Village, finding some hole in the wall dive where he was sure he wouldn’t be recognized, and posting up at the very end of the bar to drink the last month of his life out of his mind.

The rest of the night was mostly a blur, but one face came to his mind clear as day - Claire. His childhood schoolmate and more recently, the new assistant to his friend Mattie Cormier. They had run into each other on a few occasions, mostly to do with Mattie designing some new gear for him. That night, however, he remembered being surprised to see her in a non-work setting, and he recalled them sitting and talking for a good while, though the topics of conversation escaped him in his hungover state.

Now, as he sat up in the unfamiliar bed, he looked around the room to try and figure out just where he was. Judging by the decor and the slightly messy state of the room, he quickly determined that it was not a hotel room. 'Airbnb?' he thought to himself as he pushed the blanket off himself and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. 'Seems kind of random.'

A glance down at himself showed that he was just in his underwear, and he scrambled to find his clothes. He managed to find his pants and socks, but after searching all over he couldn’t locate his shirt. As he was kneeling on the floor to look under the bed, he heard the door to the bedroom open and a voice call out that made his blood go ice-cold in his veins.

'No. No fuckin’ way.'

Mal, what are you doing?” he heard Claire say.

In his haste to stand up, he banged his head on the nightstand next to the bed, and he rubbed the back of it as he quickly shot to his feet and whirled around. The sight of Claire standing in the doorway, holding a cup of coffee - and wearing his shirt - sent his heart plummeting to his feet and the bile rise up in his throat.

Claire…” he stammered. “Are we…is this…

She gave him a little smile and nodded. “My apartment. You insisted on coming here after the bar shut down last night.

He felt his knees turn to rubber and he sat down on the bed again, pressing his hands against his face and groaning loudly. “No…fuck no. No no no no…

He felt the bed shift beside him and a hand rest gently on his thigh, and immediately he was up like a shot and darted to the other side of the room. “Don’t. Don’t do that. We didn’t. We couldn’t.

She frowned a little, her big brown eyes staring at him. “When I found you at the bar, you were pretty upset. Saying that you were so tired of everyone feeling sorry for you. How you couldn’t stand to see Bella looking at you with pity in her eyes…

But I’d never…no. Not in a million years,” he growled, pushing his hands through his hair and tugging at the mid-length strands. “No way would I ever cheat on Bella. Not after we’re finally having our baby. I’ve loved her for four years now. Ever since the first time I saw her, I knew she was the one.” He knew he was babbling at this point, but he just didn’t want the reality of the situation to set into his brain.

Claire just looked down into the mug of coffee, shrugging her shoulders. “I don’t know what to tell you.

Her act of indifference was what set him off. He saw red as he finally spotted his hoodie, and snatched it up and pulled it on over his head. He stalked to the bedroom door and ripped it open so hard that it banged on the wall, but he paid no mind as he entered the main apartment and made a beeline for the front door. He heard her scrambling after him and calling his name desperately, but he flat out ignored her as he jammed his feet into his shoes and patted down his pockets to make sure he had his phone, car keys and wallet. When he was satisfied that he had all his belongings (minus the shirt), he turned one more time to glare at her. “I’m going to tell you the same thing I told you back in school - I’m not interested, and never will be. Leave me and Bella the hell alone.

He opened the front door and let it slam shut behind him before storming down the hallway to the elevators. As he pushed the call button, the rage left his body and he ran his hands over his face as the anxiety set in. “What the hell am I going to tell Bella?

———

An hour later

He trudged up the steps to his townhouse, dreading the moment he would walk in the door. He knew Bella would immediately know something was up, and he knew that there was no way in hell he could lie to her. He would just have to be honest with her, and let the chips fall where they may. Considering he still had a tenuous grasp on what had transpired last night, it was going to be easier said than done. Even still, their relationship had gone through quite a lot in the last four years, and they managed to weather each and every storm that had come their way. He was sure that she would be reasonable and listen to what he had to say.

As it turned out, he didn’t have to explain anything to her. As soon as he opened the door to the townhome, she was waiting for him in the front entryway. Her arms were folded across her chest and her blue eyes were narrowed at him in a way he’d never seen her look at him before. She held her phone in one hand, and as soon as the door closed behind him she thrust it up in his face.

The Twitter app was open on the screen, and it was on a particular tweet from a well-known wrestling news site. He saw that he and Bella had been tagged in a photo that showed him leaving Claire’s apartment building. The text went on to say that he had been seen with a mysterious brunette at a bar the previous night, and the two had left together. “Oh, I can’t wait to hear the bullshit you come up with to explain this,” she said, her voice dangerously low.

Bella, I can explain,” he started, putting his hands up defensively. “After I left last night, I ended up in Greenwich Village, and I was at this bar. Claire ended up finding me -

I’m sorry, CLAIRE?!” Bella’s voice went from low to a roar in a split second. “As in, Mattie’s assistant Claire? The girl from your old school?

He nodded. “We got talking at the bar…and somehow I ended up at her apartment.

She gave a sharp sarcastic laugh. “And let me guess, you just sat around drinking tea all night? I’m not fucking stupid, Malachi. She’s had eyes for you ever since she came waltzing back into your life last summer.

I don’t know what happened! I drank a lot, OK!” he yelled exasperatedly. “The whole night’s a total blur. But Bella, you know I would never…” He started walking towards her with his arms outstretched, but she quickly backed away from him.

Honestly, after the way you stormed out of here last night, I don’t know what I know anymore.” She gave him another cold glare as she picked up one of his duffel bags and threw it at him. “Get out.

His eyes widened as he stared at her. “Bells, come on. You can’t be serious.

Dead serious.” She pointed to the door. “Get the fuck out of here. I can’t even look at you right now.

He gaped at her for a minute, clearly taken aback by her demand. “Bells…please…

She stamped her foot and pointed to the door again. “Out!

He jumped at her yell, but finally backed up and turned to head out the door. When he was on the front porch, he turned around to try and plead his case one more time, but the door was slammed shut in his face. He dropped the bag to the ground and sank down to sit on the top step, resting his arms across his knees and burying his face in them.

Fucking hell…

—------

As the scene opened up, it was hard to tell at first that there was anything to be seen. But soon, the faintest shaft of light could be seen beaming in from a window high up the wall. A window that, for some peculiar reason, seemed to have bars across it, much like a prison. The walls were constructed of nothing more than random pieces of stone, jutting out at sharp angles and the floor was nothing more than packed dirt. The air hung so heavy with dust that it added an almost hazy filter to the scene, and the camera panned around the desolate scene until it finally came across a shadowy figure slumped into the corner. As the camera drew closer, the light grew slightly brighter until the face of Malachi was revealed…though this was a far cry from the Irish fighter that the SCW faithful knew.

His dark brunette hair hung in tangled knots around his head, and his clothes were tattered and covered in dirt. The soles of his bare feet were nearly black with caked-on mud and grime, and his face was set in a thousand-yard stare at the wall across from him. His blue eyes, normally alive with a glimmer of vicious determination, just seemed glassy and lifeless as they continued to stare unblinking at the wall. A few moments passed of silence, before his cracked lips parted to speak, his Irish brogue nearly unrecognizable as his voice was dry and raspy.

For the last month, I’ve been a prisoner in my own mind. All my failures, playing on repeat every hour of every day. Every time I close my eyes, there they are.

He closed his eyes now, and as he did a projection overlaid itself overtop of him, highlighting the recent losses he’d endured over the past month - the Roulette title match against Goth, the World title match against Michael Harris, even his recent loss against Peter Vaughn only a couple weeks prior. As the images played over and over again, it was clear that Malachi was becoming more and more agitated. His hands curled into fists in his lap, he started banging his head back against the rough stone wall behind him. His lips curled back over his teeth in a snarl, and his fingers dug so deeply into his palms that rivulets of blood began to trickle between his fingers and down his wrists.

I’m going into this thing now with absolutely nothing to lose. And if that doesn’t concern you…” His eyes snapped open to the camera lens at this point, eyebrows drawn tight across the icy blue orbs shining through the tangles of hair hanging in front of his face. “...it absolutely fuckin’ should.

He rose up slowly to his feet, opening his hands and staring down at the puddles of blood staining his palms. He smirked almost in a deranged fashion as he reached up to wipe his hands across his face, the blood mixing with the dirt caked on his face to create a grotesque imitation of war paint across his eyes and down his cheeks. “‘When people have nothing left to lose, and they’ve lost everything, they lose it.’ Certainly looks that way right now, doesn’t it? But see, that just means that I’ve had all the time in the world to focus on this match. All this hate, this anger, this excruciating need to make my way to London and absolutely burn everything to the fucking ground. Because if I’m going down…I’m taking both of you motherfuckers with me along the way.

He moved a little further into the room, crouching down to retrieve something from the floor before straightening back up. He stared down at the hourglass in his hands, an exquisitely crafted antique of dark lacquered wood and delicate glass encasing fine white sand in its bulbs. He turned it up so that the sand began to trickle down, watching it with a wide-eyed stare. “Time, time…nothing but time. Time to sit here and think about everything that’s happened to me in the last month. How time, after time, after time, I’ve been fucked over. How I’ve been so close, so many times…

A pained expression came across his face, and his eyes squeezed shut as if blocking out a bad memory. “Back then, at least I had loved ones in my corner. I knew that no matter how many times I failed, they would always be there for me no matter what. But now…I have no one. I have nothing. And that makes me the most dangerous man in this match. Because there is no level I will not sink to. No act so heinous I will not commit. To finally…finally…get what I want. What I deserve. Because it’s about damn time.

He turned the hourglass over one more time, watching for a moment as the sand trickled slowly from one end to the other. Without warning, he raised it over his head and smashed it onto the floor below, sending wood shards and glass splinters flying through the air. He crouched down in front of the pile of sand that lay at his feet, running a blood-soaked hand through the soft white granules before picking up a handful. He watched as it sifted through his fingers, falling through the air back down to the pile on the floor.

But of course, that means that time’s up for you now, gentlemen. Two years I have been with this company. Pouring my blood, sweat and tears out in that ring countless times. Just to watch all these opportunities continually pass me by. But not this time. I will move heaven and hell to finally claim my gold.

He held a pile of the now red-tinted sand in his palm, and his fingers curled around to squeeze tightly as he bared his teeth with the effort. After a moment, his hand relaxed and he uncurled his fingers to show that the sand had turned a shimmering gold colour. The smirk on his face almost seemed like the old Malachi, if it weren’t for the deranged look shining in his blue eyes as he slowly poured the golden sand out of his hand and looked up to the camera as he straightened back up. The camera slowly backed up as he began walking towards it, until it revealed that the room was closed off with thick steel bars running from floor to ceiling. A locked door sat in the centre of the bars, and without warning it suddenly flew open and crashed against the bars, allowing Malachi to stroll out. He stopped just outside of the cell, the deranged look still in his eyes and his face still caked in dried blood and dirt as he flipped his tangled curls out of his face.

Sunday, Into The Void…let’s get fuckin’ nuts, lads.