Author Topic: “Lightning in a Bottle.”  (Read 954 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Lightning in a Bottle.”
« on: April 10, 2023, 05:34:50 PM »
In the weeks that followed Jessie’s win over Georgie Robertson Jesse would see little action as the focus shifted to this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament! However that didn’t mean Jessie wasn’t present on the shows as she had made a point to confront Krystal Wolfe about her recent actions, something made worse by her rather unceremonious expulsion from The Saviours, a group Krystal had betrayed Team Go to join.

However one other thing happened in the intervening weeks, Crystal defended her Roulette Title against the down on her luck Luna Vanity when SCW stopped off in Barbados for the second show of the tour, many expected the Hall of Famer to retain the title but Luna would go on to shock everyone in the Bar Room Brawl Roulette Title Match where she won not only her first match in SCW but her first title! Now Jessie was scheduled to serve as Luna’s first challenger for the title at the penultimate Climax Control of the tour, once again taking place in Scotland! Can Jessie finally win the Roulette Title?

Jessie’s Hotel Room, Scotland
Monday the 10th of April 2023, 14:00pm

Last night’s Climax Control was definitely an eventful one.

From the destruction of The Troll to the first quarter finals of the Blast from the Past Tournament there was definitely a lot to talk about as we headed into the second date in Scotland, at a place even more obscure than the island that just hosted last week’s Climax Control.

How obscure? According to the card preview, Grantown-On-Spey had never hosted a wrestling event before, hell before I started looking it up I was half expecting the bosses to ask the competing wrestlers to use Airbnb!

But there was one other reason I was excited for next week’s show and I wasn’t talking about the fact that it was one of the last shows of this weird as all hell cycle (seriously, we went from Canada to Barbados to two weeks in Scotland with dates in Romania and London to come, you can’t make this shit up!), I was getting another shot at the Bombshell Roulette Title this week and if you think that means a rematch with Crystal?

You’d better go watch the Barbados episode, because Luna Vanity dethroned Crystal Caldwell to win the title in a strong contender for upset of the year! Yes, even stronger than Georgie’s win over Roxi, for one thing Luna hasn’t shown herself to be a choke artist yet.

”J2H and Devona vs. Ariana Angelos and Oliver Zahn, I know what team I’m rooting for.” I commented to myself as I read through the card again, aside from my Roulette Title Match, the Bombshell Internet Title being defended in the main event between Kayla Richards and Melissa and the Blast From The Past quarter finals being decided there wasn’t really much to write home about on this show, at least on paper, I was sure me and the rest of the roster would find a way to make it entertaining. ”Anything to strike a blow to that arrogant little prick’s ego is fine by me.”

My train of thought was interrupted by a Skype call and I looked at it, it was from Harper so I answered the call as soon as I got it. ”Hey Jess, just calling to wish you a belated Happy Easter.” Harper greeted me once I answered the call and I grinned in response, Harper was a full-fledged wrestler now and was set to make her pro-wrestling debut later this week if I wasn’t tied up with SCW I’d head down there to support her. ”Also I caught last night’s Climax Control and things are getting pretty heated between you and Krystal huh?”

”You just noticed?” I asked teasingly and Harper shook her head with a grin. ”I don’t know what’s going through Krystal’s mind but from what I saw? Getting kicked out of The Saviours has sent her even further off the deep end.” I added as I leaned back in my chair, it was times like these that I wish I had a psychology degree because maybe then I’d have some idea of what Krystal was going through. ”Main concern for me is her daughters, because she’s practically building Makayla’s case for sole custody of Rachel and the twins for her if Makayla goes through with the divorce.”

”So that wasn’t a lie?” Harper asked as it dawned on her and I nodded in response. ”Are you sure Makayla will go through with it? After everything she and Krystal have been through together?”

”Take it from someone who’s been married for the past eight years kid, you don’t just leave divorce papers lying around the house for the hell of it.” I responded as I shook my head and Harper nodded as she got the idea. ”I asked Makayla about it and she said that she’d almost consider aborting the twins if she wasn’t so late into her pregnancy, Krystal’s actions since Blaze of Glory XI have had a serious effect on her.”

”What gets me is that Krystal says she’s doing this to secure a better future for herself and her family but is that really worth going nuclear on all the bridges she’s built?” Harper pointed out and I winced thinking back to the entirety of 2018 and how similar actions on my part resulted in one of the worst years of my wrestling career. ”I just struck a new didn’t I?”

”It’s fine Harp, I just wish that you never get as desperate as I did in 2018.” I assured her and Harper quickly nodded in agreement. ”Speaking of titles, I take it you saw the card for the second Scotland date?”

”Yep, I read through it right before I called you, your serving as Luna’s first challenger.” Harper nodded in response as she shifted her weight. ”I know she joined SCW at the beginning of the year but what do you make of Luna?”

”In some ways, I see myself when I first joined SCW when I look at Luna, we’re both brunette female wrestlers from a southern state who specialize in high flying.” I admitted with a shrug as I gave the matter a bit of thought. ”Off course there’s some differences, and I don’t mean the fact that she’s from Louisiana and I’m from Florida! Luna joined SCW in her rookie year whilst I was a few years into my career when I was scouted by SCW.”

”And I wasn’t even ten years old at the time.” Harper admitted with a sheepish grin and my eye twitched as I made a mental note to check for any grey hairs before I checked out of the hotel. ”I just made you feel old, didn’t I?”

”And further reaffirmed that if I ever try for kids of my own, it’ll be after I hang up the wrestling boots for good.” I responded as I shook my head and Harper grinned sheepishly. ”look, I thought I was on a high when I finally won my first match all those years ago but Luna just broke her losing streak by winning her first title, I don’t think I need to say that this will be a massive confidence boost for her.”

”Yeah, I haven’t even had my first match yet and the idea of that has me excited, then again said first match will be on PPV and it’s a triple threat with title implications, need I say more?” Harper asked and I gave the kid a sympathetic look, I know I teased her on Twitter for complaining about that when my first match was against the Slamazon and took place in a high school gym but it was easy to see that she was getting the jitters already. ”Any tips? I remember your first match in SCW being a Triple Threat which you lost.”

”I may have lost the match but I outlasted both of my opponents, beat one of them to win my first title and got in the Hall of Fame, I’m not even sure if Ms. Evangelista and Alexis Morrison are still around.” I responded as I shook my head before thinking for a minute. ”My main advice is to make sure you’ve got your eyes on both opponents, Triple Threats are tricky matches to win because there’s never a guarantee that you’ll win the match even after hitting your finisher.” I explained as I brushed some hair out of my eyes and Harper nodded in response. ”And as this is your debut match, you need to use it to make a statement, show the higher ups that they made the right choice by signing you to that contract even in defeat.”

”I guess that makes sense, no one wants to be known as the girl who choked in her first ever match.” Harper nodded in agreement before she checked the time on her iPhone. ”In any case, I’d better get going, bakery’s opening soon and I’m running low on sweet treats.”

”And I’m sure Tommy will be glad to see you.” I teased her and Harper looked away from the screen trying (and failing) to hide the fact that she was blushing like a madwoman. ”I’ve got to get going as well, checkout time is at three thirty and I’m really cutting it close for time.”

”I keep forgetting that you’re a few hours ahead of me due to being in Scotland and all but yeah, I’ll talk to you later.” Harper nodded in response as I want to end the call. ”Probably once you’re in Grantown-On-Spey.”

”The place is on the other side of Scotland so in all likelihood it’ll be a few hours from now after a plane ride.” I admitted after checking the distance on Google and Harper nodded. ”See you then.” I added before Harper ended the call on her end and I went about gathering my stuff together for checking out of the hotel.

I had never even heard of this place before SCW announced that it’s fourth show of the Unsolved Mysteries Tour was taking place there, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect but then again this tour has been full of surprises, just to reiterate what I said earlier, we had gone from Canada to Barbados to two nights in Scotland and we had dates in Romania and London just around the corner.

General consensus was that the tour was all Christian’s idea and I had to wonder if this would be the last time Mark ever let Christian chose the destinations and theme for SCW’s tours! Especially since this tour coincided with the Blast from the Past Tournament!

That wasn’t the only thing it was coinciding with though because if I had any say in it? It’d also host the first “one and done” reign in the Bombshell Roulette Division since Keira won the gold from Krystal.

The Craig Bar, Grantown on Spey, Scotland
Monday the 10th of April 2023, 18:30pm

Remember when I made those yearly trips to Bloodstock? Yeah well, the night before I went to that festival I would check out the local bars in Derbyshire and since we’re in Scotland for the second week in a row I figured I may as well check out a local one here in Grantown on Spey.

And this is a place that’s apparently famous for it’s pies, well, locally famous at least, and I hadn’t eaten yet so fuck it! Why not?

As I entered the bar I had a good look around, didn’t look that much different from the bars I had been too back in the US at least, there was a pool hall, some darts and the locals were chatting amongst themselves as I approached an empty seat at the bar.

“Good evening miss.” The bartender greeted me as I looked up from the menu and saw that he was cleaning a glass. “Can I get you something to drink?”

”Soda please, I’m driving.” I responded and the bartender, who judging from the surprised look on his face, wasn’t expecting to hear an American accent today, nodded before he prepared my drink. ”This seems like a pretty quiet place.”

“Aye, not much goes on here, there’s that big wrestling promotion that’s hosting an event here on Sunday but I’m not a fan to be honest.” The bartender responded with a nod before he handed me my drink and I paid for it with a fiver. “Is that what brings you here?”

”You could say that.” I responded with a nod before I took a sip of my drink. ”So, the promotion chose to host a show here because of a local unsolved mystery, the Grey Man? Anything you can tell me about it?”

“Eh, I’m familiar with the legend your talking about but that creature’s supposed home is under two hundred miles away.” The bartender shrugged his shoulders and I nodded, I had made the trip out to the lake where the first unsolved mystery of the tour was based around and I was planning to visit this mountain at some point. “It’s full name is the Big Grey Man I’d tell you the name in Gaelic but I doubt you know how to pronounce it.”

”Yeah, I know someone who does speak Gaelic but she’s back across the pond.” I responded as I shook my head before glancing around the pub again. ”So, what’s special about this big grey man exactly?”

“Very thin, over ten feet tall, hence the name, dark skin and hair with long arms and broad shoulders, my son describes it as being like an SCP, whatever that is.” The bartender explained and I nodded before taking a sip from my drink, “The creature tends to remain unseen in the fog but if you do go up there, be on the lookout for a sense of unease followed by the sound of crunching gravel.” The bartender responded and I paused to give it some thought. “So, whereabout in America are you from?”

”Miami, Florida, but I haven’t lived there full time in years, these days I call Las Vegas my home.” I explained before I pointed to one of the pies on the menu. ”On a related note? I’m starving, can I get something to eat?”

“Sure, what do you want to order?” The bartender asked before he took my order and rung it through to the kitchen, admittedly the pie I tasted was pretty good, wasn’t a fan of the mushy peas it came with though and I still needed to ask Miles what the Brits saw in mushy peas.

I still had one last destination for the night though, the mountain itself, I wasn’t planning to go all the way up the mountain mid you because, well, I don’t have the appropriate equipment for such a task and I’m not about to try to film a promo from atop a mountain peak but I was going to check out the area and try to find a good place for said promo.

And if this Big Grey Man did show up? Well, it would probably be the most memorable promo of my wrestling career at least!

Loch Etchachan, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Monday the 10th of April 2023, 19:30pm

Well, they weren’t kidding when they said this was a big mountain.

I wasn’t sure what exactly I was going to expect when I left the pub and drove off towards the mountain that’s serving as the basis for this week’s stop on the Magical Mystery Tour, at least when I visited the lake that was supposed to be the home of the creature that served as the mystery for the first show of the cycle I was greeted with beautiful views, rentable boats, even several wineries in the area.

But here? Well, all Google pointed me towards when I checked this place out was nearby hiking trails and a nearby loch (no, not loch ness, that’s not exactly close to the mountain), to be fair? This was a National Park and I guess I should’ve expected this!

After trying to figure out just where I was going to cut my promo for a while I decided to visit that loch thinking that I could clear my head near the lake.

”Curse my fucking curiosity.” I grumbled to myself as I sat on the grass facing the loch, it’s at least a beautiful place but I was starting to regret not saying “fuck it” and just film my promo in my hotel room. ”Well, I can’t turn back now, I’ll be spending most of my spending money on gas to get back to the hotel.”

“You always speak to yourself?” I didn’t even realize that there was another woman in the same area but I looked up, she must’ve been at least a decade younger than me and was an attractive girl with long black hair in a ponytail and blue eyes, though her accent quickly identified her as a local. “Because I’m pretty sure that’s a sign of insanity.”

”It’s either that or trying the same thing over and over.” I responded as I shook my head and the Scottish girl nodded. ”I’m guessing you’re a local based on that accent.”

“Eh, local as in I’m from Edinburgh and travelled up for the SCW show.” The girl responded with a shrug and my ears perked up when I heard that, did she not even realize that she was talking to an SCW Hall of Famer? “Sure beats the city life.”

”I wouldn’t know because I’ve been a city girl for most of my adult life.” I responded as I shook my head before I stood up and turned to her. ”But you say that you’re an SCW fan and yet you don’t realize who you’re talking too?”

“Should I?” The girl asked before she got a better look at my face and her eyes went as wide as dinner plates. “Holy shit, you’re Jessie Salco?!”

”I’ll sign your autograph later I’m just trying to get a feel of the mountain this week’s mystery is centred around.” I responded with a shrug as I looked over the younger woman. ”You know anything about it?”

“Err, no, I’ve never even heard of the place before this week’s show was announced.” The younger woman responded as she shook her head before glancing in the direction of the mountain. “I wanted to attend last week’s show at Flannen Island but my brother caught Covid and I couldn’t make it.”

”Yeah, I know what that’s like.” I responded as I blew a stray strand of hair out of my eyes thinking back to the ill-fated homecoming tour of 2020 and how I had caught Covid when SCW stopped by England, which was also the last time I visited the British isles appropriately enough. ”I’m guessing you got a negative test?”

“My partner wouldn’t let me make the trip up without it.” She responded before checking her iPhone. “I had better get going, but I’ll see you at the show, right?”

”Well, I am scheduled to challenge for the Bombshell Roulette Title so yeah.” I responded with a nod before the young women went to leave. ”I never caught your name by the way.”

“Oh, right! I’m Andrea.” Andrea responded with a nod as she went to leave the area. “See you around.” She added before leaving the area, I hung around for a bit longer before I stood up and headed back towards my car expecting to see Andrea in her car as I did.

Except my rental car was the only car around, and there were no signs that anyone else had parked in the area! I looked around the area and scratched my head.

”Did she walk here? This loch is in the middle of nowhere.” I wondered to myself before I got in my car, I figured now was as good a time to find a place near the mountain to film my promo because it was at least distracting enough from, well, whatever that was.

Which would get even weirder when I returned to Grantown-On-Spey and upon asking the receptionist about Andrea, I would find that no one fitting her description had checked in, I didn’t have enough time to check the other hotels in the area and The Craig would be long closed for the night by the time I got home so I put that out of my mind for now.

Maybe I’m starting to lose my mind in my old age?

Lohig Ghru, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Monday the 10th of April 2023, 21:30pm

*promo time*

Here we go again.

”The things I do for this promotion, I’ve gone the extra mile for the second match in a row because this time? I’m filming this promo from a fucking mountain pass.” I stated as I panned the camera around the area. ”And I’m only doing it here because I’m ill-equipped for a trip up Ben Macdui so this will have to! But it’ll be worth it when I dethrone Luna Vanity this Sunday on Climax Control.”

This will be good!

”Luna, there’s no way around it, you shocked the world two weeks ago, not only ending your losing streak but dethroning Crystal Caldwell to win your first title! I’ll give credit where it’s due, that’s a hell of a way to stick a middle finger up at anyone who was dismissing you as a failure.” I added as I folded my arms. ”But I do have some veteran advice for you, do with it what you will, winning titles is one thing, defending titles is another and if you don’t believe me? Ask your friend Alexander Raven!” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Or better yet? Take a good, long look over the past ten years of my SCW career!”

Consider this an education.

”If you don’t have time to go over ten years’ worth of wrestling programs, allow me to fill in the blanks!” I added as I started to pace around. ”Four-time Bombshell Roulette Champion, one time Bombshell Internet Champion, three-time SCW Bombshell Tag Team Champion, and people wonder why I got into the Hall of Fame last year! But whilst those accomplishments look impressive on paper, let’s take a closer look at them! My Roulette Title reigns? Only one made it past the first defence, my sole Bombshell Internet Title reign? Ended in a fucking tag team match which, you guessed it, was the first defence, as for the tag title reigns? I don’t even remember the first one with Becky “Ragdoll” Jones when I was part of Venom and Vice, either it’s been a long ten years or the tag team was that forgettable, you make the call! And the reigns with Amy were some of the best times of my career but they were cut short as well.” I added as a grin crept over my face. ”Seeing a pattern yet Luna? It’s less common nowadays but one and done title reigns have happened in SCW before, I was just unfortunate enough to be the most frequent victim of that damn curse! Sorry to have to disappoint you Luna but your reign will be remembered as another one and done defence!”

Shame really.

”Let me just make one thing clear, I’m not here to talk down what you accomplished two weeks ago, there’s no one on the Bombshell Roster who knows how difficult it is to hold onto titles than me and there is part of me that wants to see you be the latest young Bombshell to break that curse.” I added before I shook my head. ”Am I getting soft in my old age? I fucking hope not, I’m only thirty-three! But maybe it’s because I know from first-hand experience how soul crushing it can be! The truth is Luna is that your career got one hell of a shot in the arm when you won that title, retaining it against Bombshells who are eager to test the new champ?”

Just try it!

“That’s a different story entirely, and unfortunately for you, you are looking at a Bombshell who’s been wrestling since most of the roster was learning their ABCs and like that Jackson Five song? Pinning you will be as easy as 1…….2…….3!!!!” I added as I held up my three fingers to drive the point home. ”To anyone who has that song stuck in your head, sorry, not sorry! It’s a guilty pleasure of mine! Luna this is your chance to prove yourself as a champion and if I were you I’d be picking Alexander’s brain as much as I could because whilst he might be an ass, he does know what it takes to retain your newly won title!”

It could save you.

”It could mean the difference between thriving as champion or being seen as a failure! Or as the last young Bombshell I challenged for that title once put it? You’ll either soar higher or be shot down in flames!” I added as I folded my arms under my bust. ”As a Bombshell who’s been there more times than I care to admit? I want to see you succeed with that title, as your challenger? I want to be the one to dethrone you and possibly enter Into the Void XI as a champion! What that will mean for you and Alexandra remains to be seen but I’ll take you both on if it means surviving the first defence for the first time in years! Off course, there is one big obstacle standing in my way of that goal!” I added as I made a fist with my hand that had my Hall of Fame ring on it. ”You!”

Good luck!

”Because trust me Luna, if the rules permit it and I get to bend the rules however I see fit? Then that’s exactly what I’ll do!” I stated as flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Off course, the same applies to you and you proved during your division debut that you can adapt to any scenario that’s thrown in front of you, but I will be out to show that even in my second decade as a wrestler I can still hang with the younger Bombshells and wrestlers in the wider wrestling world! I’d say, “just ask Georgie Robertson” but let’s face it, we’ll be surprised if that choke artist ever shows up again in SCW!”

What a waste.

”I won’t waste another breath on that choke artist so let’s refocus on the one thing we are here to talk about, you, me and the Bombshell Roulette Title!” I added as I made a belt motion around my waist. ”The last time two championships were on the line on the same episode of Climax Control was when you won the title whilst Roxi retained hers in the Main Event, now I couldn’t give a damn about who walks out with the Bombshell Internet Title this Sunday night but if history repeats itself and I dethrone you whilst Melissa retains over Kayla? Well, that would be poetic, wouldn’t it Luna?”

It's that simple.

”You captured lightning in a bottle when you challenged Crystal for the title Luna, the question is, can you do it again when you defend it against another SCW Hall of Famer?” I asked rhetorically as I started making my way down the mountain pass and towards my rental car. ”That’s the question that’ll be on everyone’s lips when Rocky spins the wheel on Sunday and decides what match type we get stuck with, I’ve been around long enough to have seen practically every possible match under the sun come up on that wheel there’s little that can surprise me at this point but there’s one way you can surprise me Luna, retain the title!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”But here’s the thing, anyone who’s seen me wrestle knows how tenacious I am, sometimes that has been to my detriment but other times? Well, I’ll refer you to earlier in the promo when I was listing off my accomplishments in the ring! Who knows Luna? Maybe ten years from now, you’ll be exactly where I am, an old soldier of the Bombshell Division challenging a newcomer who just won her first title?” I asked as I started to leave the area. ”If you do make it this far? Remember to worship your path because nothing else could’ve gotten you to that point but be prepared to be struck like Blood Lightning this Sunday when I take the Bombshell Roulette Title from you! I’ll see you in the ring, at the bar, at the mountain, wherever the Roulette Wheel takes us, so long as it gets me closer to that title!”

I walked off as the scene fades.