Author Topic: BFTP 2023 Round one-It's that time again  (Read 962 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
BFTP 2023 Round one-It's that time again
« on: March 31, 2023, 11:33:16 PM »
It’s that time again…

How many times have you heard the saying, “it’s that time again” ?  And for what reasons hmmm?  Most of the time I have to admit, I almost never register that comment because I have heard it so many times that it has almost become second nature.  But now I am saying it again, and really paying attention to what it is signifying, for me anyways.     

It’s that time again…the time when the most loved and hated tournament in Sin City Wrestling happens.  The Blast from the Past mixed tag team championship tournament that has superstars and Bombshells wondering if they want to put their names down on the list or to just sit back and watch as the rest of the roster put their names in and then with good or bad luck have their names put beside a member of the opposite sex to create a mixed tag team that could go all the way, make it to the middle of the tournament or flame out right at the start.

I will admit, I have been in every level so I know of what I speak. 

I have been teamed with a superstar before that has seen us eliminated in the very first round.  Boy was that embarrassing and painful.  I know that this week if I am unlucky, that is where I may end up.  But somehow, I don’t think that is going to happen because I have been thinking…It’s that time again for me to step up and make sure that I am not taken out in the first round.

There was also a time when I was eliminated in the second round.  I mean I beat my opponent in the first round but then it was that time again to be eliminated.  It didn’t hurt as much but it still stung.  But it taught me that I could actually move on in the tournament with hard work.  And I did.

Another time I made it to the semi finals.  In that match I ended up getting betrayed by someone I thought of as a mentor.  And he wasn’t even on my team.  So that kind of worked on my trust issues in later tournaments. 

I think though that my favorite Blast from the Past happened to be the one where I made it all the way to the finals.  That was almost a dream come true…winning the Blast from the Past and it would have been all the sweeter that I would have won it with someone that I considered my best friend…still do but we missed it by a quick three count.  And believe you me, he still owes me for that one.  And you can tell him that!

And now it’s that time again.  This time I am paired with someone that I really haven’t had to deal with but from what I have seen, he is intent on winning this whole shebang.  Teddy Warren seems to think that he needs this and he is going to be pushing himself hard to win it.  And I don’t think that I could let him down so I am going to have to really step up and be the best of partners for him so I can help him win.

It's that time again…Time for the Blast from the Past tournament.

The more things change…

A black rental car pulls up to a rather large house on the outskirts of Houston and idles there.  Inside, Sam Marlowe looks up at her childhood home and sighs as her lips curl into a half smile.  Beside her, Colton reaches across to take her hand and wrap his fingers with hers.

“You know we don’t have to do this darlin’.  We could just stop in and then head over to my parents’ place,” offers Colton which makes Sam turn and smile at him.  He brings the hand that is in his to his lips and gently kisses her knuckles.  “I am sure that Mom and Dad would love to see y’all.”

“I wish we could Colton, I really do.  But there is things that have to get done with Daddy retiring and all.  He told me that he needs to talk to me and Cyn and y’all know that ain’t gonna be a fun time,” replies Sam.  “I swear it though if Cyn tries any of her usual tricks, we are out of here.”

“Deal sweetness.”

Putting the car in park, Colton and Sam exit the car and move towards the front door.  Sam reaches out to the door handle but before her fingers curl around it, the door is yanked open and Monty pulls up short before running into the couple on the porch.  Sam cocks her head as he rushes past the two angrily and slams his way into the backyard.  Sam looks back into the house then walks inside where she finds Cyn holding her child and glares at her sister.

“Well look who’s here, Auntie Sammi,” taunts Cyn before turning to walk deeper into the house.  Looking at Colton, Sam follows her as the child is calling out for Auntie Sam.  Colton is slower into the room behind the sisters.  Once in the living room, the mother of Cyn and Sam is there, her eyes glassy with unshed tears.  Sam rushes to her and sits down and reaches for her hands.

“Moms, what is wrong?” she asks with a look of concern.  Vanessa Marlowe shakes her head unable to speak.  Sam turns her eyes to Cyn who still looks angry.  “Cyn?!?”

The older redhead looks at Sam then sends her child out of the room with a soft tap on their bottom.  Once the child is gone, Cyn leans back and lays her arms over the back of the couch.  “Moms is upset because Dad wants to downsize now that he is getting ready to retire.  She seems to think that she is going to lose any social standing that she has.  I have been trying…FOREVER…to convince her that it won’t be that bad.  Monty and I even offered to stay in this house so she could still comeback and all that.  Daddy said that we couldn’t have it.  He had other ideas he said,” complains Cyn. 

“Cynthia, don’t talk about me like I am not even in the room,” growls Vanessa Marlowe.  “I taught you better than that!  Samantha, your father doesn’t realize that we have a lifestyle to maintain.  I would die if I had to give up the country club and all my friends there.  And what about my charity work, that would suffer I am sure.”

Sam looks at Cyn who motions at their mother with a ‘told you so’ look on her face.  The elder Marlowe didn’t see it.  “I don’t think that Daddy is going to cause that to happen Moms.  Besides, just think about being able to have another place to decorate as only you can.  A real showcase home for just the two of us now that Cyn and I are out of this house.  So there is lots to be happy about.”

“Of course there is Moms,” adds Cyn.  “You have Monty and I here and  your grandchild.  Sam of course is quite too busy to spend time here in Houston,” says Cyn with a smirk at Sam who shoots her a glare. “But I am sure that she could spare some time now and again to come and visit.”

“At it again Cyn,” says a voice from a gentleman who walks into the room.  Philip Marlowe is dressed in a pair of dark pants and a light blue button down shirt that has its sleeves rolled up.  He moves to sit by his wife who turns and lays her head against his shoulder to hide it.  Her shoulders move as if she is crying which only has Cyn rolling her eyes and Sam addressing her father.

“Daddy…Cyn said that you want to move out when you retire.  Is there something wrong?” asks Sam.

“Nothing like that Sammi,” he replies as he pats at the back of his wife.  “I just figured that we don’t need this rambling place with both you and Cyn out of the house but that is what I wanted to talk to you about.  I want to keep the house in the family so I wanted to give it to one of you.  That’s why I asked you come back to Houston Sam.”

“You are going to give one of us the house?” asks Sam as Cyn leans forward. 

“Daddy!  Monty and I told you that we would like the house.  Why are you even offering it to HER considering that she lives in Vegas now with Colton and I am quite sure that she likes it there rather than here,” complains Cyn viciously as Philip just shakes his head.

“You never know Cyn, Sammi might be homesick.  Besides, it is my house to deal with how I see fit.  And I wanted to offer it to the both of you.  I figured that since Cyn and her family already have a home, you and Colton might want it,” he offers which has Vanessa raising her head to add that it would be a perfect place to raise a family.

Scoffing angrily, Cyn gets to her feet and slams her hand against her thigh.  “You have always had Sam as your favorite Daddy and that isn’t fair.  I am the firstborn, I should have been given the first chance at the house.  I love this place and Houston is where I am  SHE doesn’t even live here anymore.”

Sam can’t believe the anger from Cyn and neither can her father.  Vanessa reaches out to Cyn and pulls her to sit beside her on the couch which pushes Sam out of the way.  Cyn angrily pouts and crosses her arms over her chest.  Sam gets to her feet and moves to where Colton had been sitting to watch the family drama.  She sits on the arm of the chair as Colton’s arm snakes around her waist.

“If I may sir,” he begins after clearing his throat, almost afraid to enter into the conversation.  “Cyn is right…Sam and I aren’t living in Houston thanks to her wrestling and my stunt work.  We are happy there so I guess I would have to say thank you for the offer but giving us a house just to get us to move back wouldn’t work,” he adds which has the pout on Cyn’s face fading and a smirk crossing her lips.  Sam sees it and sighs before addressing her father.  “That’s right Daddy, Colton and I have our home in Vegas.”  Cyn is about to say something but Sam speaks up again.  “Although, having a home in Houston might be a good investment…”

“Y’all can’t be serious Sam!  Daddy has to give me the house.  We need it, it should be mine!” shouts Cyn.    She gestures wildly at her parents on the sofa with an angry slash of her hands through the air.  “I have done nothing but be here for you both for all my life and little Sammi leaves the nest and all you want to do is bring her back to it!”  Cyn turns to Sam to lash out at her.  “I HATE you!”

Sam recoils in fear as Cyn stalks towards her.  Philip gets to his feet.

“CYN!”

Turning at the anger in her father’s voice, Cyn scowls and then storms out of the room.  Vanessa looks at her husband and then rises to rush after Cyn.  Philip sighs as he pinches the bridge of his nose.  “I am sorry about that Sammi.  Your sister…”

“It is alright Daddy.  I know I am not her favorite.  But she is right about one thing.  Colton and I are based in Vegas so giving us the house will only cause issues.  Besides, I am constantly on the move so it would just be easier to give it to Cyn,” says Sam as Colton nods behind her.  Sam lays her hand on the arm of her father in sympathy.  “And Cyn does need a bigger place with her child and I think another is on the way, she is way too hormonal not to be.  This is a home for children so let her have it.”

Philip pulls Sam into a hug.  “Love ya kiddo,” he says before they are interrupted by Vanessa and Cyn who have come back into the room.  Cyn lowers her eyes and mumbles sorry as Vanessa has a big grin on her face.  “Guess what Cyn just let me know!  She is…”

Vanessa, Philip and Sam all say pregnant at the same time which has Cyn glaring.  Colton rises and comes up behind Sam and smiles.  “Congrats Cyn.  Sam, we have to get going…” says Colton with an apologetic smile.  “We have that thing that was have to get to…”

For a moment, Sam looks confused as Colton tries to signal with his eyes.  Sam notices and then begins to nod quickly.  “He’s right, we have that thing…Daddy and Moms, love you and congrats Cyn.  I will call when we get back.”

Colton holds out his hand that Sam takes and the couple leave Cyn and her parents in the living room, Vanessa cooing at Cyn about the new baby and Philip just shaking his head.  Outside, Colton looks at Sam who has turned back to look at the house once more as if saying goodbye.  He moves to hug her from behind as the scene fades out.

It is getting closer, the first few matches in the opening round of Blast from the Past were last week to start this years tournament and this week in Barbados just so happens to be the night where I start my journey in the Blast from the Past tournament on my way to earning a shot at a title here in Sin City.  Because that is the ultimate goal isn’t it…that title shot at the end of the rainbow for each of the team members. 

My first round match is against someone that I haven’t ever faced but from what I hear is a rather talented bombshell who has held a title here in SCW, Ariana Angelos.  I am sure that she hasn’t really been given a reason to think that I am a danger to her considering that the last time I was wrestling, it wasn’t like I was a full time bombshell wrestling week in and week out.  Not like she has been.  She has had a lot of time to keep ring ready.

I bet that is something that she would probably have as an advantage in her mind and I will admit that if it was against anyone else that hasn’t been wrestling full time, it would be an advantage.  But just because I haven’t been in the ring doesn’t mean that I haven’t been training.  It doesn’t mean that I have let ring rust set in. 

You talk about being a graduate of the Go Gym, someone that goes back time and again to train for matches when you think you need to.  Myself, I don’t stop when it comes to training.  I am still a student when it comes to wrestling.  I learn, I adapt, I keep training.  You may be a graduate of the Go Gym, I am a student of the Staggs Dungeon and when it comes to training, there isn’t anyone in my opinion that could be tougher than Vixen Staggs and her husband Spike.  I get that your trainers are pretty good and just like Vix and Spike are hall of famers and the like but the quality of training and the diversity of it…self defense, military training…nothing is off the table when it comes to what I will use in the ring.

Then of course we do have a bit of an issue when it comes to what is going on in your life.  I saw what you did to save that other bombshell and I have to say kudos to you.  But that is also something that might be weighing on your mind as well.  Let me tell you that Krystal could distract you in the ring if you let her.  So I want you to do something for me…

Focus right here on me.  Because if you don’t, then I will be able to move on into the next round and leave you in the dust wishing for a do over that is not ever going to happen again in this tournament.  And I have to tell you that you will have to depend on your team mate if you aren’t going to pay attention to the match.  You can’t let anything distract you.  That is the best piece of advice I can give you Ariana. 

Speaking of team mates…the luck of the draw has teamed me with Teddy Warren.  Now I know that Teddy seems to have his focus on the wrong things considering he has a dislike for J2H and that worries me.  We aren’t facing J2H, we are facing Oliver Zahn and Ariana Angelos.  I hope that Teddy you won’t look beyond them.

I promise you now that I am focusing on this match and I have Ariana in my cross hairs.  Sadly that means that I am on a collision course with our young Greek Bombshell and she is the one that I have to deal with and hand her the first loss in her inaugural Blast from the Past.   I am sorry Ariana but there is nothing to say that will prevent that.  I mean I could say that you are probably going to be a challenge but when it comes to this tournament, I am on a mission and the first step to the finals is this first match against you and your partner.   

Listen, I am not going to discount you Ariana.  I am going to wish you luck and I am going to tell you that I am looking forward to this match.  Facing you will prove to me that I am ready to get back into the ring and beating you will just prove that I am ready to come back and challenge anyone for their titles here in SCW.

So win or lose, thank you Ariana.  I can't think of anyone better to face in my first round match for this year's tournament.  I will see you in the ring in Barbados.