Author Topic: Confidence? Arrogance is more like it!  (Read 875 times)

Offline Kain

• View Profile
    • Kain
Confidence? Arrogance is more like it!
« on: March 31, 2023, 11:01:58 PM »
Somewhere in the city of Barbardos.

7:30 PM

The camera reveals a huge view of the city of Barbardos, the place where a legend’s return takes place. We get ourselves a shot of the people bustling with activity at the markets and stores that still remain open throughout the evening. The next shot takes us to a white building with church bells on the top. The doors open and the camera goes further to the inside, showing off the rows of seats and copies of the Bibles that are silently pocketed in front of them.

In the distance, we hear some kind of murmuring and the camera goes on to investigate further. We see a white-robed figured, kneeling in front of the symbolic figure of Jesus Christ, a man who many have claimed have died for all of our sins by death on the cross. As we try to get a peek at his face, we see that his eyes are closed, his hands folded together in a prayer, speaking out loudly as if he wanted the rest of the world to hear his plea.

Dear Lord, forgive me for my sins and transgressions. I have lost people that have been close to me and I hope that you are able to keep them safely in your kingdom. I do not know when that day will arrive when I release my final breath, but I look forward to it if only to reunite with my loved ones. Thank you, God, for saving my life in at a time of depression and defeat and for lifting my spirits. You are the reason I am here today. You are the reason for my God-given purpose in what I know how to do best. In you, Lord, I trust. Please keep my family safe in your arms and continue to watch over me and bless me in my life. Amen.

He motioned the sign of the cross and slowly stood up, looking at the figure that he considers to be his savior. Slowly, the man pulls back the hood and his face is revealed for the first time.

It is Kain. The King Of Kings. A man who left SCW behind to spend time with his family, knowing that he had already accomplished everything he had set out to do. A Hall Of Farmer. Former champion on multiple occasions. He has destroyed opponents in his careers and endured defeats of his own. But the one thing that never wavered was his confidence. Confidence in the belief that he remained as strong as ever. Mentally. Spiritually. Emotionally. The years may have changed his thinking, as he grew older and wiser. But the passion for fighting was never extinguished. It was not like you could pour water over the flames, for his passion intensified with each fight that came after his days in the SCW.

After his departure from SCW, he traveled all over the world, seeking out opponents that would potentially give him a challenge. His skills remained sharp, his intelligence increased, and his confidence is on a whole new level. Of course, some fights weren't exactly challenging to him. Kain defeated his opponents without much of a second thought. Others tried to put up a decent fight. In the end, they were no match for him and his greatness. Over time, he regained his throne in the world of MMA once again. Multiple championships won. A lot of money made. He thought that he had it all, especially the family that he kept near and dear to his heart.

Until the pandemic of the coronavirus came sharply into view.

The pandemic changed many things for everyone, Kain especially. No one wanted to fight. No one wanted to leave their homes to witness the fights. Kain was stuck at home with his kids and his wife. Not that he had a problem with it. He wanted to keep his family safe after all. But even when told to wash the hands, keep a mask covering on, and only having to go out when it was absolutely necessary, it still wasn't enough to save them. His wife and his children succumbed to the efforts of COVID-19 and passed away. It was a very troubling time for the hero, as he was unsure as to why he was spared from this devastating tragedy. He kept on questioning his purpose in life at the time. Why was it that his family was taken him and he was kept alive? Why he was stripped of the one thing in his life that he valued the most? The answers weren't given to him overnight, nor were they given to him anytime soon after that.

A lot of people would have thought that Kain would have crossed over to the dark side, putting himself in a place of drinking and drugs to subdue his reality, not wanting to confront it. But he knew better. He saw himself as a man that would get out of that funk someday and get things back on track. He grieved for a long time, but he used his anger and frustration on his training during the pandemic and read a lot of books, including the Bible. The Bible was given to him by a trusted associate of his and he read it from top to bottom. It was the one aspect of his life that saved him from going down even a darker path. Now Kain is a reformed man, transformed into a fighter that is better for it. In time, Kain accepted the deaths of his family, but it will always be a constant pain that will strike at the heart when it so chooses.

Why has the man returned to SCW after so long? What is his true goal?

The former champion of multiple divisions turned away and walked through the middle, his eyes steady and confident. He removed his white robe as he continued to walk, grabbing a black gym bag that was sitting silently on the floor next to the third row of the church seats and putting the white robe into it. Slinging the bag over his shoulder, Kain arrived at the entrance doors and pushed it through.

The night welcomed him with voices as they walked by. The camera remained focused on him as he turned to the left and walked down the streets, his head bowed, his eyes lowered as he was thinking about the next challenges in his life.

He knew that he would be returning for quite sometime, but just wasn't sure when. It was only when Christain Underwood gave him a call, suddenly out of the blue, and asked him if he was interested in participating in the Blast In the Past tournament that his eyes lit up with curiously. He smiled, thinking of the pain and destruction he was about to cause against his future opponents. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go back home to the place that had made him even more famous than before. If he could defeat his first opponents in the ring and move on to the next ring, he will be granted a shot at the World Title.

He scoffed and chuckled to himself. It doesn't matter who has the World Title. They will be his to slaughter once the chance arises. The competition doesn't matter to him. He's a new man, keeping the abilities that had once made him famous while being taught new tricks. After all, he didn't just travel around the globe to fight. He learned from the masters in styles that he never knew, along with lessons that he kept to his day. He looks forward to showing the world what he can do again. Now that Christain and Mark had extended this opportunity to the legend, Kain looks forward to the battles ahead.

Suddenly, a loud noise broke his reverie and he looked up to see a reporter.

Rocky Mountains: Kain! Do you have a moment with me for an interview? The whole world is waiting to hear from you!

At first, Kain couldn't picture the girl. Where had she come from? She was standing in front of the SCW building. He remembered now. SCW was so famous that it has eyes and ears everywhere, including offices that could keep track of their talent wherever they went. He also remembered the girl standing in the distance. Rocky Mountains. Wearing a black dress with some golden necklaces hanging around her neck, she beamed at him with excitement as he drew closer to her. He was hoping to get some alone time when he headed back to his hotel, but that will have to wait.

He wasn't happy seeing her, of course. He didn't want to be disturbed.

But he was a man of mystery and the world was entitled to some answers. Why the heck not?

He silently approached her, his gaze steady, his eyes shining with confidence. Wearing black pants with a black shirt that simply said "God is Good, Kain stood there and waited patiently as she began her speech to the former champion.

Rocky Mountains: Kain, it has been a long time since you have been a part of SCW News of your return spread like wildfire and everyone is excited to see what you can do. But why now? Why did you decide to return

She looked at him questioningly. He smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

Kain: It has been a long time since I've been here, but you're right. I'm back. I made a deal with Christian Underwood to make an appearance for Blast Of The Past. But I'm not here to relive memories or old times. I'm here to wreck havoc in a way that no one has ever done before and I could care less who the hell the World Champion is. Let it be known that I am gunning for that specific wrestler. It doesn't matter if it's Michael Harris, Mac Bone, even Mark or Christian themselves. Any man that stands in my way of new conquests and glories will live to regret the actions they chose against me and to remember just how deadly and skilled I was before and will find out soon enough that I'm not a man with the same tricks up his sleeve.

Rocky Mountains: So that is your true goal? The World Heavyweight title?

The former champion nodded as the cameras got a look at him. He took off his shirt momentarily and it revealed the man at his peak condition. Six-packed abs, more defined muscle everywhere. Some people made rumors that he had gone out of shape and did not work out. But those rumors have been destroyed now. Kain is still in the best condition of his life. Mentally. Spiritually.
Emotionally. A man of greater confidence than before while remaining humble and graceful, traits that some people do not currently exhibit.

Kain: Do you see my body? It is in peak form. Granted, I've been injured and hurt, but I'm not one to give up. For every fight after SCW strengthened me, even when some battles were not particularly fun or exciting to participate in. But I kept honing my skills over the years in every facet of my life. I'm much stronger, more determined than ever to come back to SCW and win the whole thing. I don't care who has the belt. None of them will have a chance in figuring me out and attempting to destroy me. I'm still the King Of Kings, Rocky, but I'm far much more than that. Soon, that entire locker room will find out that Kain is not a man to be messed with. I look forward to making that fact painfully clear to the rest of the world very soon.

Rocky Mountains: Clearly you've showed us to be man of determination and confidence, but how do you feel about the first match you are going to have

Kain looks off in the distance, thinking about the card. It tums out that he was selected to be a part of a mixed-tag team match with this new cat, Eiley, as his partner, as he is going against Devona and J2H. When he leamed about it from the card that was presented to him on the TV as he was working out, it only his blood boil. Not in a good way. Nothing exciting about this match to him.

He doesn't believe he will be sweating too much over those two challengers. Getting angry now, he faces Rocky Mountains and shakes his head in disappointment.I

Kain: I'm not going to be underestimating them. Like any fight, it won't be an exact walk in the park. But I'm not too bothered by it either. I mean, I'm not stressed. It's not causing me to go into a corner, put myself in a fetal position, and cry about it all night. No. In fact, it's just going to be another day at the office. As good as these two think they are, as good as their accomplishments may be, I find the whole situation to be banal. These two opponents are at the wrong place and at the wrong time, Rocky. Nothing personal. It's all business. And my business is to put them in their place and move on to the next obstacle that stands in my way. After that, they'll be two wrestlers that are nothing. more but a part of his storied history to be forgotten in the past, a part of my rear view mirror as I drive away from the camage and destruction that I authored in my wake. After that, the lesson that I give them will be obvious - do not fuck with a man that has nothing to lose. He's the wild card in this game, unpredictable, not knowing what will happen next. And that scares people like Devona or J2H, who don't have a clue about me or what I have been up to. They just think they do. But they really don't.But once they see the light after I annihilate them, nothing will ever be the same for them again

Rocky Mountains: You do know that J2H already cut a promo on you?

His reaction surprised her, as he laughed abruptly for a little bit. The camera caught his sneer at the end as he turned to face the camera.

Kain: That brainless oaf? I'lI answer him on my own time and in my own way. I'm not too concerned about his veiled, empty threats or the promises that he intends to claim he will keep when he faces me. He doesn't phase me in the slightest, Rocky. As for Devona, I know little about her, but that's because I'm not part of the Women's division, so I shouldn't have any reason to confront her. But I'm not going to underestimate her either. That's where Eiley comes into the picture. She will handle her business with Devona while I take care of J2H. And if all that fails, I have backup.

: Rocky Mountains: What backup are you referring to, Kain?

The former champion simply grinned in response.

Kain: All in due time, Rocky. I'm a man of mystery, but I will say this. I am a man reborn. God has helped me on the path of enlightenment. He has given me the correct tools and resources to carry out my path in life. Nothing in the world can stop me and at the upcoming Climax Control, I will prove that fact to be an actual reality.

Without warning, a loud vibration erupts from the left pocket of his black pants. Excusing himselt momentary, he takes out hus uphone 14 Pro and answers the calls. His eyes are looking off into the distance as he answers fast, the conversation not too long in the making. After saying his farewells, he releases the call, shoves the phone back into his pocket, then turns back to Rocky.

Kain: I apologize, Rocky, but I must cut this short. Since my return at SCW, I still have a lot of preparation and gym training that I need to do to keep me focused and ready for the combat ahead. Plus, more business opportunities have arisen and I have to make sure that it is swiftly taken care of before I step into the ring with my temporary partner and challengers. I will also tell you, Rocky, that since my return made headlines, there have been renewed interest in me. I'll be making more money and creating a life that I never dreamed of. What I've done for so many years was just the beginning. This is a new chapter for me and I'm ready to embrace all the possibilities while remain grateful every day. But at the same time, don't think that I've changed completely - the old Kain that hungers for blood and violence is still here. That's never, EVER, going to go away. Until next time, Rocky, have a pleasant night ahead.

The former champion of SCW walked away from the camera crew and Rocky. The camera that was initially shown continues to follow the legend as he bows his head in prayer, quietly talking to himself as he crosses a few blocks in the city Barbados. He fades slowly into the night as the camera could no longer see him. As the camera points to the starry skies and moon that is shining in the heavens, the screen fades away.

People of all walks of life are interesting. They talk about some of the best things in the world and it makes you want to stand there and enjoy a good conversation. Then there are other times when the talk gets so boring and dull, you’ll want to walk away and not bother at all. This was one such conversation that I wasn’t pleasant to be around or to try to comprehend, at least with one of my opponents.

I kept thinking that J2H would have something exciting to talk about. But from start to finish, I found him to be three things. Boring. Delusional. Pathetic!

The ire of my anger comes from his carefully chosen words of his, but it makes no difference to me. No amount of mins games or stripping me down to nothing isn’t going to just make me easily fear him. No man ever did. In fact, I found him to be an average fighter with too much boasting. Sure, he may have accomplished a lot in his time in the business, but is this really the time to be angry at another opponent that got into his already?

No, it is not the right way to handle business. You can’t allow your red cloud of mist to drive you straight to the path of losing. But it’s too late. It’s going to be one of the many facets of reality that J2H will be facing. Nor is it right to conduct lame research about me. It’s like watching a young school kid that’s lazy and not willing to put in the work to back up the facts with real research, so he goes on Wikipedia and tries to use some things to state his case. But I’m not impressed. Not one bit. J2H is a man that looks tough, but really isn’t tough to begin with. You look at yourself in the mirror, what do you see? Obviously strong and confident. Me, on the other hand? Weak and overconfident. You think you have all the answers in the world to try and justify my existence when you haven’t had a single, fucking clue as to what has transpired for me. None! Over the years, I’ve left this playground behind and wage wars with others. I came out alive, J2H, more stronger and determined than ever.

When you think of me, you want to create your lies and plant them inside your head to make yourself think that I am an easy target to destroy. False. Incomprehensible! The mere idea that I am a fool that is here to relive the memories or to enjoy a free vacation at someone’s expense is foolish at best. I chose what I wanted to do. Not you. I chose to expand my horizons and be with the people that I loved until they died. Not you. I chose to fight alone, to walk alone, and to train alone. Not you. You don’t get to play God and try to get to know what’s inside my heart and break out all of your so-called truths in one show-and tell. It doesn’t work that way. Fact is, I don’t believe in the picture you try to paint about me, because nothing about it is realistic, it’s clearly a crazy fantasy that you concocted. All to fit your crazy, worthless ass bullshit of a tale you tried to weave in front of your fanbase.

Do you want to know what I think about you? Here’s the truth. You’re nothing more but a cheap shot, bullshit, con-artist. I believe you to be a man of grand delusions and manipulations. I also believe that you are a man not worthy to step into the same ring with me. You don’t deserve the honor at all! Fact is, jacksss, I felt absolutely nothing when I got wind of our encounter at Climax Control. You don’t have what I want, the SCW championship world title belt. Believe me when I tell you, J2H, you won’t get far on your journey at all. If you are hoping to hold the world in the palm of your hand anytime soon, I suggest you fasten your seatbelt. Because at Climax Control, I’m going to inflict on you so much pain on your worthless heart, your worthless carcass, and beat you within an inch of your life! It’s not a threat. It’s a promise. You pretty much pissed me off the moment you opened your mouth. Nothing more but a cowardly, gutless snake! You shouldn’t have crossed paths with me, but again, here we are asshole.

When I got word from management about this tournament, I figured it was time to return home. While I am financially set and strongest with all other aspects of my line, I see challenges. You, on the other word, are not even fucking qualified to be in that category! And let’s be honest…do you really think that all of your mind games would have any affect on me? Sorry to burst your bubble, dipshit. But it had no effect on me whatsoever. Hell, I found it laughable that you called me the things you did, claiming that I’m here for a vacation or that I have one move here and there that aren’t dangerous. You really are a glutton for punishment. Imagine that, you’re about to get your ass kicked by another MMA fighter that will once again get the best of you!

And speaking of which, why are you dragging this Fenris character into the conversation? That person has nothing to do with the conflict you and I are about to engage ourselves in. Take your misdirected anger somewhere else, kid. He’s not your enemy this week.

I AM!

At the end of the day, J2H, this is the reality you’ll be confronting inside that ring. Devona is someone not to be underestimated, but I am a man of honor. I don’t hit women. That’s what my temporary partner is for. Eieley will be there to take her on. But let’s get something straight real quick; I will be watching her and my backup will be there. She won’t be able to do much damage to me.

Anyway, back to you, you ignorant son of a bitch. I want to ask you. When I either pin you or make you submit, how is that going to make you feel? I already know the answer; it’s going to turn your world upside down when this “old has-been” put you out of your misery for good. You can’t keep up in this game anymore. You’re here because you want to reclaim whatever small shred of dignity and pride you have left here. You want to get back on top. I’m about to put the brakes on your climb back to the top and throw you back down to the bottom, never to be seen again. The world will see you as a stain upon my boot, your blood drizzling on the mat, and you’ll look at me as I smirk at you with the same kind of smirk you posed in front of the camera crew. A lowlife with little confidence, all arrogance. All flash, no substance. No pride, just cowardice. Was that the knife that you were wielding with that pitiful assault of words? I am bringing a gun to the fight and everything I’ve spoken, up to this point, is the complete truth.

You are afraid. You’re afraid of me. I saw it in your eyes kid. You hate the reality that’s creeping up to you very soon. But everyone has to face the music. I have multiple times over. But I’ve come out better than before. What you say about me is all in the PAST. What you are going to face at Climax Control is the PRESENT! My suplexes. My kicks. They are and will always be a part of my reportire and are far more powerful than anything you can dish out, J2H. That scares you even more. Even further, you have no idea what I am capable of now. I will not play your horse shit. I will not let you enter my mind with a free place to rent. I will obliterate you and banish you to the darkest corners until you are gone, like the wind that comes and goes. I may be reborn with God on my side and I am a new man. I lost everything. But that doesn’t mean that the old Kain died and is gone. No, he still lives and he will show the world exactly what he is capable of.

It’s time for your world to be destroyed. Get out of my way, asshole, or be prepared to suffer the consequences. It’s your time to vanish and I won’t be leaving SCW. You understand that, you worthless punk-ass bitch! I’ll see you at Climax Control…

For I am Kain, The King Of Kings!

And I…HAVE SPOKEN![/COLOR]
>

SCW Accomplishments
X1 SCW Tag-Team Champion
X2 SCW Roulette Champion
X1 SCW Internet Champion