Author Topic: Blast Off  (Read 922 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Blast Off
« on: March 24, 2023, 11:38:48 PM »
Off-Camera

Thursday, March 23, 2023
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
6:04 PM  PDT

The workday was coming to an end.

The zoo itself had closed at five, as was standard in the industry, and now the cleaning was taking place. This also meant it was a good time for paperwork to get done especially given that Seleana Zdunich, the woman whose name was on the place, would need to travel to the western end of Canada for the match on Sunday.

Now, as she sits at her desk, just about finished, her daughter-in-law, former SCU competitor Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, comes walking into the room.   

Seleana Zdunich: HayJo…

Halo nods to her mother-in-law.

Halo: Hay, Mama Sel. how’s it goin’?

Seleana shrugs, laughing.

Seleana Zdunich: There was an incident earlier. A man attempted to liberate some birds however he made the mistake of opening the wrong enclosure and was almost assaulted by Gumbo.

Halo nods slowly.

Halo: I’d expect that Gumbo, ain’t no bird?

Seleana almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: Gumbo is an alligator from Louisiana.

Halo: Dayamn!

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it would not have been a good start to Blast From The Past weekend.

She pauses and then nods almost playfully.

Seleana Zdunich: Well, the first one.

Halo nods in response.

Halo: Did y’all have to scrape him up with a spatula or was Gumbo nice enough to just make him disappear and then clean up after himself?

Seleana snickers.

Seleana Zdunich: Razorback and Dirt were able to rescue and then eject him. Dirt has been babying Gumbo all afternoon because of this. He is worried that Gumbo was not keen to have a stranger in his home. Razorback made calls to check into this man. He is afraid to find out he had ties to something else. 

Halo frowns.

Halo: Afraid?

Seleana Zdunich: If the man was from San Diego, or example.

Halo ponders this for a second and then shakes her head dismissively.

HJHA I don’t think that Family would be interested in birds in Los Angeles.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know what any of them are interested in but if Razorback is keen to ring some others up to find out who this man is…

Halo nods understandingly.

Halo: Yeh, I spose that’s not a crazy ass idea at all. Though, this seems more like them eco-terror whackos than anything else.

Seleana nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I agree on that.

Halo nods, shrugging in the chair she’s currently occupying as she does so.

Halo: So who all is gonna be in Canada for that show?

Seleana sits back in her chair to think on this.

Seleana Zdunich: I think Christina and maybe Chavy.

Halo almost breaks out laughing.

Halo: I still can’t believe she started dating Teddy.

She pauses, slapping the armrest on the chair. 

Halo: Hell, I can’t believe both Chavez Sisters are dating a Warren.

Again, Halo pauses, this time to nod in acknowledgement.

Halo: Granted, D-Dub’s a sweetheart but Teddy?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: It is funny that he now dates the sister of the one who made sure he lost in battle for a company, ja?

Halo snickers.

Halo: Yeah, that is pretty damn funny. How long has he liked guys too?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know. I never ask, it was not my business. He was never of interest to me and I hope I was never of interest to him.

Halo: Does Chavy know you still don't like him?

Seleana nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja. 

Halo starts chuckling again.

Halo: Well, as long as it’s cool with y’all…

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Chavy is, how you say, grown?

Halo smirks knowingly.

Halo: Yeah, she’s a grown ass woman and can fuck whatever she feels like.

Seleana nods pointedly again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Halo shakes her head. 

Halo: Did she have to pick….that?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: They say the same for us, ja?

Taken aback, Halo stares at her mother-in-law in near shock that she would say such a thing about their respective wives. After a further second though, Halo is forced to nod in agreement.

Halo: Yeah, I spose they do… especially you, what with the #FreeSeleana stuff and all.

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Maybe Teddy shows Chavy a different side that only she see. It happens with Christina.

Halo: B-Brat too.

Seleana nods as she stands up.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja… let us go check on Dirt and Gumbo…

Halo grins and stands up as well.

Halo: I’m keen!

Seleana nods and leads the younger woman out of the office.   

On-Camera

Friday, March 24, 2023
Driveway
Zdunich Residence
Los Angeles, California
10:04 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the driveway of the home she shares with her wives, Crystal and Diamond, a rather large light illuminating the area so that everyone can see the tall blonde Swede in her blue jeans, Peter Vaughn t-shirt and black Nikes.  She glances down at the shirt and grins.

Seleana Zdunich: I am a Peter Vaughn for this, ja?

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I am partnered with a man who has a long CV, Ja?

She nods to the shirt again.

Seleana Zdunich: He has won many championships and done very well in a very short amount of time here in SCW.

Looking at the image on her chest, Seleaa can’t help but giggle to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: It is funny that they team the janitor with the zookeeper. We both deal with filth others would not dream of touching. We both find serenity in simple jobs that others likely look down upon but would have problems if that job did not get done.

Seleana Looks up to the camera and nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: It is what makes him a Saviour, ja?

She shrugs slightly.

Seleana Zdunich: I know that is not why he is called that but it is the real reason, ja? Peter has spent his life saving others from things they did not wish to have to deal with. Now, he will team with me against his fellow Saviour “Godly” Ken Davison and the woman who won the Blast From The Past Tournament in 2018, Courtney Pierce.

She nods to herself as she looks down to her feet. 

Seleana Zdunich: This will not be an easy battle.

She shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: They never are but this one will be especially challenging. Courtney knows what it takes to win this whole thing and Ken’s CV is longer than Peter’s and even includes multiple halls of fame.

She nods to herself as if she knows exactly what’s coming next.

Seleana Zdunich: He has also won the SCW World Championship here twice already. No one would be surprised if he achieved another reign.

Exhaling heavily, Seleana continues to stare at her feet.

Seleana Zdunich: This will be my second time in the Blast From The Past, the winners both get shots at their respective World Championships.

She nods nervously to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I have climbed that mountain before and climbed back up to get another shot at it as well.

She looks up into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: No one thought I could do it the first time and no one thought I would ever get back.

She steps forward and points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I did it. I climbed to the top and now I have the chance to do it again if I can work well with Peter Vaughn. 

She jabs at her own chest again.

Seleana Zdunich: I need this chance. I need it more than anything else I have ever taken the chance at.

Seleana nods to herself knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I need this to prove to myself that I can do it. I need this to prove to myself that I can go out there and hold up my end against the very best.

She nods grimly.

Seleana Zdunich: Some would call Courtney and I flashes in the pan, ja?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Then let us shine together and we show everybody watching that the four of us are the lights that everyone else wishes they were! Peter, you and I can do this and we will walk to that ring ready for anything!

She nods one more time.

Seleana Zdunich: It is time to blast off!