Author Topic: Queens Gambit  (Read 983 times)

Offline AlexandraCalaway

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Queens Gambit
« on: March 24, 2023, 08:17:17 PM »
Memoirs of a Legacy

For the longest time, Alexandra had referred to herself as the Queen of Social Media, having formed a blog where people could catch up on everything happening to her, no matter where they were in the world, this journey would be chronicled, to be added to her own biography later.  She took this time to sit down at her laptop and give them a journey to remember

March 15th, 2023

Twenty three years in this industry and I still get surprised when I’m invited to do amazing events, like this one, The Blast from the Past tournament.  Twenty-Three long years, traveling all over the world, wrestling in some of the strangest locations, including a McDonald's parking lot in Russia. In Australia, the outback.  I wrestled on the edge of a volcano, and so many other strange places, places that would scare most people to even dream up. And I am still standing, still fighting and holding it down for all the OG’s in the industry. An honor that I am more than willing to take on. It's been a long journey, one I often walked completely alone. It was through that loneliness I learned just what I am capable of, just what I needed to do what had to be done. To tap into that bit of darkness I possess within, that gives me the strength to destroy anyone in my path.

I should reach out to management and my dear friend to thank them for bringing me in for this tournament. Sin City has been on my radar for some time and now I get to show you all, those of you who I DON'T know just what I can do, what I’ve been doing for my entire career. Which is kicking ass.  Anyone who steps into a ring with me can tell you that Win or Lose, you don’t forget my name, or what I did to them in the ring. I leave my mark, no matter the circumstance. And I feel that with Alexander Raven as my partner, this match .. hell this tournament is ours to win.

Sitting here writing this, I’m still shocked that I received the invite to Sin City Wrestling, it wasn’t something I thought would happen, however it did. When the call came and I was informed that I would be participating in the Blast From The Past tournament. I couldn’t turn down the chance of participating in something I had seen so much about. My partner seems to be one of the top men in the company, so this should be very interesting. But the question I’ve heard whispered around through the internet is:

Can she hold her own in this match? Can she be a good ally for him? Is she any good?  Where the hell have any of you been for the last twenty-three years that I’ve been doing this? Here let me put all your fears to rest. Can I hold my own in this match?  I’m currently the NFW Genesis Champion, I recently defeated twenty-nine other competitors to win a World Championship shot in PWS: APEX, and I was BORN TO DO THIS.  Will I be a good ally for Alexander Raven?  Let’s see, I know for a fact that he’s a talented man, he’s powerful, talented, and we have the same mindset.  Am I any good?  If I wasn’t, I would have quit a long time ago. And here I am, twenty three years after my debut, still doing the damn thing.

And I will continue to do this as long as my body will allow me to do this. Lately I’ve had my fair share of controversy, my fair share of losses, however, one thing remains the same, I always bounce back.  And if anyone doubts that, they are more than welcome to either step into the ring with me.. Or tune in to any of the shows I’m on.  See you all at Climax Control.

Assembling the Team
Alexandra drove to the little bar that she had been given the address for.  Stepping out of her car,she took in the sight of it.  It was much like the ones she frequented back home before she became a mother.  Nodding, she walked into the bar, noticing how upon entering, it was just like the one’s back home in Dallas, those nice hole in the wall places, blasting some nice music. Strangely that made Alexandra feel like home. Scanning the bar, she spotted the person she had been seeking sitting at the bar. In front of him was a half empty glass of some amber liquid. From this distance she could tell, bourbon was his drink of choice. Something she herself favored too.

“Ah, the queen herself. Good to finally meet you. Despite what everyone might tell you, I’m only half a pretentious prick. In this place, my sanctuary, people actually like me. Usually.”

His voice was warm, booming, the voice of a man who was clearly aware of the power that radiated off him.  A King, ruling over a kingdom that no one else could dethrone. She had seen men like him and it was those men she was often closer to than any other.  She nodded, greeting him with a handshake. It was at this moment she spoke for the first time, to her future tag partner, Alexander Raven.

“Pretentiousness is something I can deal with.  Have you seen some of the people I associate with?  I wouldn’t have taken this partnership, if I couldn’t deal with it.”

“So, come, have a drink. If we’re guided by the hands of fate, then we’ll be spending a fair bit of time together. I apologize for that. Even my friend’s don’t want to put up with me for that long.”

“Well that’s something I understand all too well.  People rarely stay around me for long either.  So I get where you are coming from ALL too well.  I’ll have a bourbon on the rocks.”

She sat down accepting the chance to get to know her partner for this tournament.  Before her sat a man of impressive talent and she knew that with their minds on the same goal, as they both seemed to already click on social media.  She motioned to the bartender and looked over at him. She turned to look at Alexander Raven, wondering just what made this man tick.  It’s true, he was a champion, THE CHAMPION, that mattered in this match. When it came to her, she was the “new blood” in Sin City Wrestling, though not new to the industry.  She felt that this match was already won the moment they were teamed together.  Two people of the same mind, as a team, was going to be deadly for their opponents, they just needed to make sure they were on the same page. Consider this the first page of their fairytale, their trip to the top of the rankings, started here.

“Last time I teamed with an Alex, Alexoholic’s Anonymous if you will, there was short-founded success. Tag team championships, the boost and elevation of my own career, and in turn my first ever world championship run in my first… six months in the business. Also a crucified father, and my own attempted living cremation. I can’t imagine things going that way again… but.”

She shrugged and looked around. The patrons had started to take notice of them. That bothered her a little. She hated it, but something about it told her not to worry, that Alexander Raven knew this place well enough that she had no cause for concern.

“Well that’s something I understand all too well.  People rarely stay around me for long either.  So I get where you are coming from ALL too well.  As for anything that could happen in the future. Win or lose, you have my word that it will not go down that road. You and I are solid and on the same page. The last time I trusted someone with the name Raven, I wound up in a box, buried alive. So you could see we have a lot of the same issues to work out.”

“I have faith. I have faith that fate spun that wheel for a reason, and put us in each other’s midst. I’ll be honest. We’re going to win. That’s simple fact. I have no doubts.”

“Fate’s wheel was spun and it chose us.  Whatever happens now, it’s on us to decide. This is OUR kingdom and I will protect the throne as fiercely as any warrior would.  I may not look it, but I come from the greatest stock this industry has ever seen. A breed of individuals who seem to be a dying stock. Today’s people are often boisterous but unable to follow through.  They will crumble and fall at our feet, while we go on, continuing to rule on high.”

She looked at him, bringing her drink to her lips, she sipped it down.  She took the time to listen to him, knowing that the man had everything to lose in this match, his Internet Championship. Something she wouldn’t let be taken, no matter WHO stood in the ring against them. She pulled another long sip from her drink and looked over to him, listening once more.

“First match is a bit of… personal one, for me. I don’t like Jack Washington. Full of bravado but with no substance. Had some less than stellar things to say about me in the past. Arrogant little fuck, but he knows his stuff. Bobbie, however. Well, I don’t think Bobbie will be much of a problem. But, you never know.”

“If I’ve learned anything in my twenty three years in this industry, it’s never underestimate the underdog.  I personally do not know much about this Bobbie, but I know what I am capable of. More than anyone else, I want this win, this will be my first showing here in SCW and I will NOT let this night go by, without leaving my mark on it.”

“For me, this is a culmination. Validation of things I’ve been saying. The changes that need to be made, to ensure that things… continue. Metaphorically, the Kingdom is the image used, but truthfully, I am just that narcissistic and vain. It’s all well and good for me to spout on like I do, but the truth of it. I just don’t like the arrogance of them. Sin City is full of arrogant and blind sheep. The Blast from the Past, we put them on notice. That’s my expectations going in to this.”

“This industry is full of arrogant and blind sheep.  Know that your expectations will be met.  The Kingdom you have taken, will be yours to rule over. A partnership between Kingdoms.”

Before she could finish what she was saying, a man approached them and leaned on the table.  He scoffed and looked down at them, causing Alexandra to roll her eyes.

“Can I help you?  We are in the middle of a conversation.”

“Well, what does your man think about you being out with another man, while he’s wrestling in another city?”

“How is that any of your fucking business?”

“And you man.. How could you do that?”

“I've done many things, you'll have to be more specific. But if you are inferring infidelity against Luna. I would check your fucking tone.”

Alexandra looked over at Alexander, shaking her head.  At this point she was getting very annoyed with this jerk. She stands up and gets in his face, giving Alexander a chance to do whatever he wanted, to this asshole.

“You do realize that men and women can be friends.  Not that its any of your fucking concern, but we are coworkers.  And the only reason you have ANYTHING to say about this is because you are jealous.  You are jealous that no one wants you, you fucking wombat.”

“A what? What did you just call me bitch?”

“A wombat.  A waste of money, breath and time.”

With that she cracks the whiskey glass she had been drinking out of over the man's head, before kneeing him in the stomach as he doubles over.

“Stay down, and I won't break your jaw.”

Alexander Raven simply swings his arm backwards, cracking the man across the side of the face with the back of his fist, sending him crumpling into a pile on the floor. Muttering and murmuring from onlookers.

“Well if we fight anything like this in the ring, I think Jack and Bobbie have one hell of a team to deal with. I’ll tell you right now, I know that we’ve got this in the bag.”

The two stood back to back, looking around the bar to see if anyone else was going to try anything.  After a few moments, the bar patrons went back to their drinks and the pair sat down, going back to their drinks.

Sealed With a Scarlet Kiss
When the scene opens up we find Alexandra sitting on a throne, it was black, adorned with skulls on the hand rests and at the base of the legs, piles of skulls, made it appear as if she was sitting on the skulls of her enemies. The cushions of red velvet inlaid with sparkling silver studs. Alexandra was draped in a beautiful black gown, with pearls that shimmered when then candle light danced over them.  On her head, rested a large crown, which looked like it would cause any other normal woman to crumble under its weight. She had been petting what looked like a large black dog, which then laid at her feet. Her scarlet lips parted and she began to speak, leaning forward a bit, her eyes fixed on the camera.

Bobbie Dahl, from what I have seen, you my dear have all the talent in the world to take this industry by storm, if only you could focus on it. Let people run their mouths, that’s all most people can do. I see that you have potential, however, but the Blast from the Past will not be your time. This is my time to show everyone here in Sin City, who doesn’t know who I am, just what I can do.  And I will do what must be done, that thing that no one else has the strength to do.  If that means I must destroy you, then I shall. I will do what a QUEEN must do to protect the kingdom.

My suggestion for you, Dollface, is to stay out of this. From the things I have been told, your very partner ended your chances to win last time this tournament happened.  Poetic justice if you ask me. That the very man who was your opponent, is now your partner, that must be a pain to know that just that simple issue alone will be your downfall no matter who your opponents were to be. From the start, you were screwed over. I can promise your return into Sin City will not be at the expense of MY win. It will not change the cards that fate has dealt for you. They have chosen to place you in my path. My crown is not yours to carry for it is heavy and you would easily break under its weight. Bobbie you are right to fear me, because I am a person you SHOULD fear.

You are not Queen material. You are not ready to last in this industry.  There’s so much more out there that you could do. There’s so many other industries that would be better for you. DO NOT step into this world again. If you couldn’t do it before, I can promise, this time will not be different.  Instead of giving you someone easier to defeat, they gave you to me. You are cannon fodder. You are simply a meal for the worms, because when I am done with you, your career, your existence in this industry, will be six feet under. Unwilling victims, make the sweetest sacrifices to the darkness.  Do you feel it Bobbie? The icy breath of death on your neck?

She sits back snapping her fingers.  The dog sits up and rests his head on her lap. She reaches out and starts petting the dog on the head. A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she took a few moments to think about their other opponent, Jack Washington, a man who seemed he could be impressive, however, after looking back at the other things Jack had done, Alexandra found nothing impressive about him.

Jack Washington, after meeting my tournament partner, I see that there’s absolutely nothing impressive about you. Nothing at all. You may have beaten him once before, but if there is anything I have learned in my years in this industry is that you can use your losses, each one of them, and process ways to counteract the moves your opponent can make.  So that next time you face them, they cannot catch you off guard.You’ve had shot after shot to take down some of the so-called best in this industry, names I've Heard for years. And you fail each and every time.

You will not take the glory from Alexander Raven this time, not with me in his corner. Not when his tag team partner truly understands what it is like to hold dominion over lesser creatures such as yourself. You see Alexander and I, are of the same mind, cut from the same cloth. We understand each other and at this point, we need not even speak to know what the other is thinking or planning, can you say the same for you and Bobbie?  Can you trust her to do what must be done to win? Or will Alexander and I have an easy night? I would hope that you give us a fight, because otherwise, you can fade into oblivion with the others who waste perfectly good roster space.

I have a little taste of poetry for you, since you like it so much. Loser, going down with the fall, with every tick of time. Ready to be held and slayed, in return of a crime. Ruthless days, just crawl till dark, darkness too, throws no mercy on this losing and fading star. Shielding the gone, eluding a collapse, he stares into an empty faith. Blinding the mind, resurrecting the time, he runs against and alone, to distill self fate. For he knows what lay behind, is ahead again, if death you look to achieve, of little respect for pain. He stares to the other side, finding a kingdom of the divine, he seeks to dethrone, that which he could never own. Fear instilled, now creates a soul, who could not bother, the Raven King upon his throne, and now shall be locked inside the tower, ever fading within the ticking of the hour. His failures, the only greatness he could achieve, crumble and blow away, as the fall leaves from the trees.

I guess that says it all, doesn’t it. You have set your sights upon dethroning a king, that you don’t even have the ability to lace his boots. You want to feel important, so you use funny riddles and poetry.  You insult and belittle because it makes you feel stronger than your opponent. It will be an honor to stand at ringside and watch as Alexander Raven beats the shit out of you. This match, isn’t yours or Bobbie’s to win.

Alexandra reaches into a bag, pulling out a large bone, with a little meat on it, tossing it off camera and the large cane corso dog runs off, before dragging the bone back on camera and starts chewing on it.  Alexandra rises to her feet, still looking down at the camera from the throne’s steps.

Alexander Raven, you and I are birds of a feather. We’ve discussed this match, and our opponents to great lengths actually. Not only that, but we have discussed our minds and how alike they are, how much the two of us are alike. I personally cannot wait to show Jack and Bobbie that neither of us are beings of mercy. Mercy isn’t something we were shown and such as that is, we are unable to show it ourselves. To them, to anyone who shall try to stop us on our path to greatness. Side by side, we will take the tournament by storm and come out on top, where we belong, as The King and Queen of Sin City.

Standing tall on the throne of her own. A Queen, entering a new Kingdom, where people don’t know anything about her. Still there is no look of fear on her face. She stands as if she is to command a room of warriors for her cause, yet there is no one except herself and her dog. She looks away for a moment, before turning back to the cameras, raising the crown from her head, placing it on the seat of the throne.

I know that many of you have no idea who this woman is, stepping into a new kingdom, prepared to stake my claim.  At this time, I don’t care about your pathetic feuds, I don’t care about what plans you have made for yourself. What I do know, is that I fully plan on running through each and every one of you.  You may not respect me but there is something that is greater than respect that I crave.  I don’t need your respect, I don’t want it, I don’t even ask for it. Respect me or not, I don’t fucking care.  But you will FEAR me.  You will fear what I am capable of in a team and what I can and will do when we are one on one. If you think that I will simply lay down and all you to run over me, well I will show you something different.

So if any of you have a real problem with a legacy showing you precisely how this is done, feel free to step forward, but take what happens to Bobbie and Jack at Climax Control to heart. Use it as an example for what will happen to you if you step in my way or Alexander Ravens way, because partners or friends, we will still have each other’s back. So Bobbie, you suck up to Jack.. call him your fine friend, do whatever it is that your precious little dollface wants to do, but it won't change anything. When the dust settles I will walk back to my crown and sit upon the same throne you long to touch, you will be crushed beneath my boot, like the being beneath anyone who go on to greatness. Because in the end, you don’t have what it takes to dethrone me.

If you did, you’d be Alexander’s partner and I’d be stuck with Jack. Fate has already seen this, it’s been written in the stars and who are you to defy the Gods. You are a mere woman who can’t stick it out, you run at the slightest bit of a challenge. You take your pathetic excuse of a carcass and run into the darkness to hide in shame.  Do you know what I do when I lose?  Do you want to know? It doesn’t matter, I’ll tell you anyway.  I keep going.  I fight harder, I bleed for it, I destroy anyone who steps in my path. And right now, that’s you. So get yourself right with your maker, for at Climax Control, your ass belongs to me.  If you want my crown, come and take it.

With that, Alexandra steps down off the raised throne and walks towards the camera. She pauses, looking into it, before blowing a kiss at the camera. With a whistle, the large Cane Corso rises to his feet and pads along behind her as the camera zooms in, fading out on the crown sitting on the throne.

FADE TO BLACK