Author Topic: You are not up to par (BFTP Kimberly Pain)  (Read 925 times)

Offline Kim Pain

• View Profile
You are not up to par (BFTP Kimberly Pain)
« on: March 24, 2023, 07:01:28 PM »

To say that most of the Saviors lucked out in this Blast from the past tournament is an understatement. The ladies had a very high chance of getting paired with one of them as unlike most of the roster the Saviors had come out in full force. Does that mean we will take it easy on each other? Seriously do not even bother asking that question. We have seen how the Saviors battle each other. It is also why most of them are part of CCPE.. The best in the fucking business all over the world. And we never shy away from competition even amongst ourselves. Now Kim is one of the Saviors that lucked out. She had been hoping it was one of the Saviors and while it was not the one she wished for the most. That being Mac Bane.. She was more than delighted with it being Goth instead. Naturally she wished for Mac. She has more than one reason for that.. Mac’s track record in the Blast from the past tournament is one of them. Another would be that they know each other in the ring very well with Kim having trained Mac before she got back into wrestling herself. And finally and probably the biggest part of it.. She does not want to face him.. He is her big brother.. And she knows how she is.. And how he is.. They butt heads all the time on a day to day basis and usually end up wrestling somewhere in the locker room.. The arena before show time.. Any ring they can step into… Catering.. You name it.. They have wrestled there.. Kim barely ever wins and if she does that usually only happens when she got ticked off at something and folded him in ways a man his size should never be folded..

So the issue is not with fighting him per say.. She does that quite often.. But there is something on the line here and that makes both of them ruthless to say the very least.. And there was already something going on that he was not telling her and she noticed it.. She is not going to push him yet but if he does not sit down with her soon that will surely change.. Her partner Goth on the other hand.. He has no problem fighting Mac and so it is a good thing that this thing is not an intergender tournament so if that day comes she will have to just beat up his partner and pray to god it does not trigger his protective side. He does that sometimes. Goth and Kim have been training together for quite a while as well. They work together really well as their wrestling styles compliment each other. Both have a very technical skill set as well as a brawler's nature. Neither one is afraid to throw hands at any time. They have trained in the ring often over the past year or so now since Kat and Mac brought Melissa and Goth to the HG to train regularly, that is when Kim trained them and trained with them as well. Funny how it always turns back around to the HellsGates, Kat and Mac.. And above all else.. It always comes back to Whisper. The matriarch of this mixed up family. She built this family around her and her pupils. And the roles in the family are clear to those in that inner circle. That is a very select group that only can be expanded upon by Whisper. Goth and Melissa are not there yet.. But they are considered one of their own.. So what does that mean for the Blast from the past tournament.. Quite simple really.. Bea and Hitamashii are shit out of luck.

Kim had been at the HG since the early morning hours. Last day before she would be heading for Canada without Kat this time. Kat would be there for the show as she always is but not for the days before. She had CCPE duties to fulfill in Las Vegas and so she was more than likely bugging their big brother. Whisper had watched Kim during her training in and out of the ring and gave the sign that Kim was to join her in her office when she was done for the day.

Ari : You are done Kim.. There is nothing more you can do to prepare.. You know your partner and you guys have been working together in the ring all the free time you had since the announcement was made that you were teaming up..

Kim : I know.. I am just thinking about some things and this tournament and all the shit that happened lately.. Have you checked on Kat..

Ari nodded..

Ari : She is not speaking so that usually means nothing good.. Keep an eye on her so that she keeps eating, will you.. You know what happened last time she got too deep into her own head

Kim : Not an issue.. She is with Mac.. He will stuff her with German food.. You know she has a weakness for the rich flavors.. Besides she is full into her job as CEO now that she is in a better head space to begin with..

Ari : So you are not too worried about her getting all skinny again..

Kim : No.. I am concerned about her overworking herself..

Ari : You got SCW first right..

Kim grabbed her towel and dried off her face and neck before looking up at Ari..

Kim : Yeah.. And I had hoped to see Mac before the Vegas show.. But I guess I will see him there.. I will call him when I am heading there before he reads me the riot act again.

Ari : Aren’t you traveling with Kat, Chris, Goth, Mel, Peter and the rest of CCPE..

Kim : Since when did that ever stop Mac from growling like a damn grizzly bear?

Ari : You are all over the place now aren’t you.. SCW.. WGWF.. And now this tournament as well in IIW..

Kim : It is fine.. I am used to worse.. I will have to try and catch Mac at Wrestle Wars.. SCW is first and foremost on my mind but I really need to have a nice little chat with the big man..

Ari nodded.. She knew Kim was bothered by something and she had heard of what happened last time she was in Vegas.. The frown on Kim’s face showed she was concerned about something..

Ari : Are you concerned about going back to Vegas..

Kim : If I were to be concerned about every idiot that walks the streets in this world that thinks that they can pull a stunt I would be a hermit.. No.. Just means my guard is up now and the next moron to try anything will be eating my boot. 

Ari chuckled and she knew damn well that Kim could kick it that high..

Ari : So what is the problem then..

Kim : Mac is keeping something from me.. From us.. And I don’t like it.. He is way too honest and open about everything to keep secrets from us.. So this is bad news.. He is trying to protect us from something but I have no idea what it is.. And why..

Ari patted her on the shoulder for a moment..

Ari : He will.. You know he will.. Get something to drink and see Whisper.. I think she has something on her mind as well..

Kim : Check on Rene will you.. Nakita got him good.. And he is like a grumpy old bear with a thorn up his paw. And you are the only one that he will allow to look at it.

Ari chuckled and nodded her head before heading over to the big man to see if he was okay or if just his ego was bruised a little. Even though he had taught her the move to begin with. Kim sat for a moment just sipping water and trying to clear her head from the questions and doubts that liked to creep in on her. Tag team matches never really did suit her well as the only 2 losses she had to deal with over the past 14 years had been tag team matches with random partners.. She knew Goth was not a random partner but this would be their first tag match officially. Not counting the training matches at the HG.  Taking a deep breath she headed over to Whisper’s office. She knocked and stepped inside closing the door and Whisper walked up to meet her grabbing her by the shoulders before pressing their foreheads together. The wave of comfort and warmth coming over Kim took away most of what stressed her out.

Whisper : You are heading into a tournament surrounded by mysteries.. And yet you have mysteries of your own to unravel..

Kim : Mac..

Whisper nodded and guided Kim into a seat before abruptly sitting down on Kim’s lap. Their heads pressed together, noses touching and when Whisper spoke, Kim closed her eyes automatically. It had been a long time since they did this.. This special connection where Kim would feel what Whisper did..

Whisper : Mysteries have a way of taking over our lives mo nighean ghràdhach, not all of them need to be known but this one does.. I told you about the life I lived a long time ago. Where there were no feelings.. Just cold darkness surrounding me.. I was soulless for a long time.. The mysteries that caused it have always remained a secret to most.

Kim saw light all around her even with her eyes closed.. She felt the darkness creeping up on her and the coldness that radiated from it.. 

Whisper : You feel it.. The cold.. The darkness.. There is no darkness without light.. There is no darkness without joy.. The secret of my strength.. The secret of my success.. In the ring and out there in the HG.. There is one now that knows them.. As well as what it cost..

Kim : Oh no... Mac..

His name was sighed out as one little shred of the mystery vanished.

Whisper : Yes mo nighean ghràdhach, mo mhac knows what truly made me soulless.. What power lays in it and the dangers that come with it too.. But I need you to know..

Kim : Why?

Whisper spoke with a soft tone and it soothed the annoyance of secrets being kept.

Whisper : Because you are his counterbalance in this family.. You can help him find the light back when he goes into the darkness and give him joy in life by being there for him.. As you have already been doing..

Kim : How can I.. Mac is stronger than I am..

Whisper : Physically yes.. But you are also strong.. You are strong mentally.. You are independent.. Successful and brave.. You have never let anyone or anything stop you before and you are not about to start to do that now. He needs that strength.. To know that no matter what you will always have his back..

Kim : Always..

Whisper : Show him.. Like I will show you..

A barrage of mental images flooded Kim’s head and she gasped at the intense cold and the feelings of hatred and pain came over her.. She knew why they were there.. Why Whisper had literally buried them in her mind.. The pain and anguish suffered by their actions.. Whisper was tormented over and over again until she was frozen and near dead inside.. One image froze her to her very core and it was the mental graveyard Whisper had over past enemies left behind in the cold ground.. Rows and rows of tombs, some dark and fading.. Some would never be forgiven, those were light in color..  Names flashed by, names that she knew.. People she herself had known of their past that was best forgotten.. Familia once.. Dead to Kim years before this day.. Names on tombs now to both of them… A graveyard of those known as well as those she had heard of..

Whisper : I got lost in the darkness as the ones I trusted to keep me from drowning in the pain and darkness did not have my back.. They never cared.. But I know you do..

Kim : I love him.. He is my brother, our family bond is stronger than I have ever felt for anyone..

Whisper : I know.. That is why I have to ask this of you..

It seemed as if they were standing side by side by a tomb brighter than most and almost as bright as the one just a few stones down the path.. The name on it sends a shiver down Kim’s back in both realities..

Kim : The one I called brother before.. He does not deserve to be remembered.. He deserves to be forgotten..

Whisper : A man that once held my heart in his hand..

Kim had never felt rage and such utter loathing filling her entire being before she screamed and kicked at the tombstone.. It shattered only to reform in pristine condition.. She could feel a difference in the emotions.. Not all of them were hers..

Kim : I had vowed to never let anyone be this close to me again…..

Whisper : Mo mhac had other ideas..

Kim : Mac is better in every single way than that piece of filth ever was.. I have not known Mac nearly as long as I knew him.. And I already trust him more than I ever trusted that lying sack of shit..

Whisper : Remember this rage… Remember this all consuming anger.. And use it.. To protect your brother.. Yourself.. And the plans moving forward..

Kim nodded before she spat on the tombstone..

Kim : You were the unworthy one.. May you never find peace..

Whisper : He won’t.. But now you know what Mac knows.. Feels.. And why he does, as he does..

Kim nodded.. When she opened her eyes she was looking at the nearly soulless black eyes of her mentor and best friend..

Kim : I am gonna headbutt him you know for not sharing this sooner..

Whisper smiled even if it did not reach her eyes..

Kim : Thank you..

Whisper did not speak again and stood up leaving her office and headed through the door in the back to the house.. Kim knew she had to recover from sharing this with her..

~ Promo ~

Sitting by the lake Okanagan Kim held her phone which was recording and smiled as she watched the crazy mismatched band of investigators search for clues on the mystery they were met with on this weeks Climax Control.

Kim : Mysteries surround us for this part of the tour and the mystery of Ogopogo is one not many know about. It is not as well known and researched as some of the other mysterious creatures that some swear upon their life to have seen. Many of the tales we have heard here in the village have reminded me of the tales of Nessie. The Loch Ness monster.. A serpent-like creature just like Ogopogo is supposedly.. Fun and interesting nonetheless.. At least more fun and a hell of a lot more interesting than my opponent..

Hitamashii and Bea.. A mismatch if I ever heard one.. You did not exactly luck out in this tournament did you Bea.. I mean Hitamashii is not a bad wrestler and he always shows up to perform but he is by no means equal to Goth.. It was not hard for me to be teamed up with any of the Saviors.. Hell there were plenty to be paired with.. So that I was paired up with Goth came to no surprise. He knows I would have preferred my brother above anyone else.. And he is by no means a second choice.. Mac and I just know each other just a little better. Our bond is different. But Goth.. Oh I have known him for a while and trained with him often. We do fit together well. And I have no doubt that we can perform to the highest standards that I uphold..

Kim smirked and even snorted as she watched Miles nearly go head first into the lake as he tried to look deep into the murky waters.

Kim : Let’s be honest here Bea.. You are not even remotely close to being a threat to me.. I have watched you and everyone in SCW for a lot longer than most of you even knew of my existence.. You are not a bad wrestler but like Hitamashii is no match to Goth.. You are not one to me.. You are glorified arm candy nowadays for your man and I have not seen a shred of something more promising from you in too many shows to count. You try and get into this tournament hoping to get someone like Goth or Mac so they can carry your ass to the finals and you get a shot at glory.. But let’s be frank here.. Do you honestly think you could fight and beat Roxi of all people.. I don’t just doubt it.. I know you are not even remotely close to being a threat to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together..

Anyone with a shred of intelligence will outsmart you and Roxi is not just anyone now is she.. She is the best we got at the moment.. She carries the title to prove it and she beat one of the most dominant women in the industry to get it.. That is a match I want.. Roxi Johnson versus Kimberly Pain.. We have known each other for a long time and we never got to fight.. So it is long overdue and you Bea.. You are quite simply in my way.. And when something gets in my way.. I step on it and over it and if need be.. Go right on through it.

A shriek in the background made Kim frown for a moment before shaking her head.. Ariana got wet feet.. And the water of the lake was freezing cold..

Kim : Hitamashii is about to find out that Goth has a goal set.. One he means to achieve.. And that goal is the same as mine.. And because of that we are going to be one of the most dangerous teams you can come across in this tournament.. Everyone is wanting that title shot.. But nobody more so than us.. It has been a long time since either of us held the highest title.. I have shown from the moment I stepped into this company that I never lost it.. That drive to compete.. That desire for victory.. And the will to achieve it.. I showed it with every match I had.. I still have someone I want to destroy.. No matter the outcome of the tournament.. But it gave me another goal.. And a driven woman is a dangerous one.. I have yet to see that drive from you. I doubt I will see it as you have not shown an ounce of passion for your own in ring career.. You have been too busy being arm candy..

I will see you at ringside Bea.. And just so you know.. Your place is on the apron now.. Not next to the ring. Bring all you got.. Or I am going to walk all over you to the next round.

Another shriek and a splash…

Kim : That is my cue to fish someone out of the lake and head on back to the hotel.

With that said Kim shut off the camera.. She grabbed the picnic blanket and ran over to see a drenched Carter making his way out of the lake with a murderous glare towards Ariana.. Kim wrapped the blanket over his shoulders and shook her head..

Kim : Let's get you back to the hotel and to a hot shower.

A mismatched band of investigators made their way back to the hotel down the road from the lake.